• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:01
CEST 09:01
KST 16:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9668 users

[MLG] Winter Online Qualifiers - Korean Bracket - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 37 38 39 Next All
IFgogogosu
Profile Joined February 2012
15 Posts
February 10 2012 01:09 GMT
#41
I have to agree this caster is terribad. I made a post in JP's thread. Honest criticism, he is casting Korea and didn't mention anything about the players backgrounds. Never uttered the word Code S or Code A. He speaks too fast and has a lisp. I don't know who on earth ok'd him to cast but that person is either related or never heard him cast.

I couldn't even watch to be honest. After watching IEM this looked like amateur hour. In chat the only compliments the caster got was on his hair? What is this? Is this the direction MLG wants to take eSports? With so many other quality caster why on earth did they choose this Robin kid?

It's a very bad look for MLG, but maybe, hopefully they get it corrected for tomorrow. I enjoyed the EU broadcast very much and was really looking forward to Korea....
ellirc
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3286 Posts
February 10 2012 01:14 GMT
#42
On February 10 2012 10:09 IFgogogosu wrote:
I have to agree this caster is terribad. I made a post in JP's thread. Honest criticism, he is casting Korea and didn't mention anything about the players backgrounds. Never uttered the word Code S or Code A. He speaks too fast and has a lisp. I don't know who on earth ok'd him to cast but that person is either related or never heard him cast.

I couldn't even watch to be honest. After watching IEM this looked like amateur hour. In chat the only compliments the caster got was on his hair? What is this? Is this the direction MLG wants to take eSports? With so many other quality caster why on earth did they choose this Robin kid?

It's a very bad look for MLG, but maybe, hopefully they get it corrected for tomorrow. I enjoyed the EU broadcast very much and was really looking forward to Korea....

Nobody has been complaining about Robin. If you base your "facts" on the stream chat you really need to broaden your horizons.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
February 10 2012 01:16 GMT
#43
Robin is really good, he did the community casting at MLG and made a really good impression. He doesn't have that much game knowledge, or a fantastic speaking voice, but...that passion. Gotta respect the passion.
LittleCoin
Profile Joined January 2012
32 Posts
February 10 2012 01:16 GMT
#44
On February 10 2012 10:09 IFgogogosu wrote:
I have to agree this caster is terribad. I made a post in JP's thread. Honest criticism, he is casting Korea and didn't mention anything about the players backgrounds. Never uttered the word Code S or Code A. He speaks too fast and has a lisp. I don't know who on earth ok'd him to cast but that person is either related or never heard him cast.

I couldn't even watch to be honest. After watching IEM this looked like amateur hour. In chat the only compliments the caster got was on his hair? What is this? Is this the direction MLG wants to take eSports? With so many other quality caster why on earth did they choose this Robin kid?

It's a very bad look for MLG, but maybe, hopefully they get it corrected for tomorrow. I enjoyed the EU broadcast very much and was really looking forward to Korea....


The only thing 'terribad' is your statement.
ssxsilver
Profile Joined June 2007
United States4409 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-10 01:17:32
February 10 2012 01:17 GMT
#45
On February 10 2012 10:16 Ruscour wrote:
Robin is really good, he did the community casting at MLG and made a really good impression. He doesn't have that much game knowledge, or a fantastic speaking voice, but...that passion. Gotta respect the passion.


I usually love Robin's casting in other events such as Playhem/MLG beta, but in this qualifier he's kinda giving me a bit of a headache. He's just talking way too fast without any pauses...
Badfatpanda
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States9719 Posts
February 10 2012 01:18 GMT
#46
lol, JP clearly doesn't understand how Lucky is the anti-SlayerS zerg player, should be a fun match but I'd imagine MMA to take it convincingly if he actually builds a bunker.
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. -Beethoven | Mech isn't a build, it's a way of life. -MajOr | Charlie.Sheen: "What is sarcastic, kids who have no courage to fight?" | #TerranPride #yolo #swag -Naama after 2-0'ing MC at HSC VI
yawnoC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States3704 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-10 01:18:17
February 10 2012 01:18 GMT
#47
Sorry I missed Quadrant 2
+ Show Spoiler [Quadrant 1] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Quadrant 3] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Quadrant 4] +
[image loading]
GG - UNiVeRsE is the best player in the WORLD
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
February 10 2012 01:18 GMT
#48
mOOnGLaDe won...hopefully he can make it to the top 8, definitely no small task though
FuTon
Profile Joined April 2011
United States308 Posts
February 10 2012 01:19 GMT
#49
On February 10 2012 10:09 IFgogogosu wrote:
I have to agree this caster is terribad. I made a post in JP's thread. Honest criticism, he is casting Korea and didn't mention anything about the players backgrounds. Never uttered the word Code S or Code A. He speaks too fast and has a lisp. I don't know who on earth ok'd him to cast but that person is either related or never heard him cast.

I couldn't even watch to be honest. After watching IEM this looked like amateur hour. In chat the only compliments the caster got was on his hair? What is this? Is this the direction MLG wants to take eSports? With so many other quality caster why on earth did they choose this Robin kid?

It's a very bad look for MLG, but maybe, hopefully they get it corrected for tomorrow. I enjoyed the EU broadcast very much and was really looking forward to Korea....


they put up info about each player on screen which includes stats, code status, name, and team. Do you not see????

MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
February 10 2012 01:21 GMT
#50
I hope they'll show Oz vs Curious. It's a must show regardless of the quality of the games imo.
IFgogogosu
Profile Joined February 2012
15 Posts
February 10 2012 01:23 GMT
#51
On February 10 2012 10:19 FuTon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 10:09 IFgogogosu wrote:
I have to agree this caster is terribad. I made a post in JP's thread. Honest criticism, he is casting Korea and didn't mention anything about the players backgrounds. Never uttered the word Code S or Code A. He speaks too fast and has a lisp. I don't know who on earth ok'd him to cast but that person is either related or never heard him cast.

I couldn't even watch to be honest. After watching IEM this looked like amateur hour. In chat the only compliments the caster got was on his hair? What is this? Is this the direction MLG wants to take eSports? With so many other quality caster why on earth did they choose this Robin kid?

It's a very bad look for MLG, but maybe, hopefully they get it corrected for tomorrow. I enjoyed the EU broadcast very much and was really looking forward to Korea....


they put up info about each player on screen which includes stats, code status, name, and team. Do you not see????



I see it but I like to hear about the stories of what player beat what player to gain code S status or A and MLG is partnered with GSL or at least they were.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
February 10 2012 01:23 GMT
#52
Has anyone from MLG said anything about why they included this map in the season during the big boom of community maps in big tournaments? It's way better than the other new Blizzard one, I suppose. Just seems like a really odd choice.

It's not a very good map...it's okay, I'd imagine it's kinda close to balanced but the gameplay isn't interesting, Protoss will take 3 bases and turtle and Zerg will just lose because securing a fourth and beyond is difficult.

Not even Cloud Kingdom. Ugh.
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
February 10 2012 01:24 GMT
#53
Wow... Horrible defense by Lucky.
FreudianTrip
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland1983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-10 01:30:03
February 10 2012 01:29 GMT
#54
On February 10 2012 10:23 Ruscour wrote:
Has anyone from MLG said anything about why they included this map in the season during the big boom of community maps in big tournaments? It's way better than the other new Blizzard one, I suppose. Just seems like a really odd choice.

It's not a very good map...it's okay, I'd imagine it's kinda close to balanced but the gameplay isn't interesting, Protoss will take 3 bases and turtle and Zerg will just lose because securing a fourth and beyond is difficult.

Not even Cloud Kingdom. Ugh.


Didn't you hear JP on SOTG? If it hasn't had 3000 GSL matches on it then it' can't be considered balanced. End of story.

I'm barely even paraphrasing. The 3000 matches part is a direct quote.
IFgogogosu
Profile Joined February 2012
15 Posts
February 10 2012 01:30 GMT
#55
On February 10 2012 10:14 ellirc wrote:

Nobody has been complaining about Robin


What has been stated is true be it in chat or in the thread.

1. Speaks too fast
2. Does not pause
3. Lisp, sorry I have to say it. I wanted to be an NBA player but I'm 5'9 we all have short comings.
4. Never tied anyone from the Korean Bracket to Code S or A heritage.
5. Poor game knowledge.
6. Looks and sounds amateur
7. 0 chemistry with JP

I'm not trying to bash the guy it's not his fault, but he is clearly not ready for MLG unless MLG has decided to cheapen out on the casting.

I can't believe a league of MLG's status tested this out and was like ok yep this looks and sounds good.
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
February 10 2012 01:31 GMT
#56
On February 10 2012 10:18 Ruscour wrote:
mOOnGLaDe won...hopefully he can make it to the top 8, definitely no small task though


He's gonna get steamrolled by TheStC.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
zev318
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada4306 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-10 01:32:27
February 10 2012 01:31 GMT
#57
deleted cause of flash meme.
Sroobz
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1377 Posts
February 10 2012 01:35 GMT
#58
Cheese vs cheese lol
Flash---Taeja---Mvp---Byun---DRG
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
February 10 2012 01:35 GMT
#59
Wow that was pretty funny, Pretty Bana... Commerical.
I am Godzilla You are Japan
Exarl25
Profile Joined November 2010
1887 Posts
February 10 2012 01:35 GMT
#60
MMA is definitely the son of Boxer.

Gotta admire how he never stops looking for a way to win.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 37 38 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 242
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 292
Dewaltoss 113
Leta 80
sSak 52
Bale 34
NotJumperer 27
ZergMaN 26
Aegong 13
yabsab 9
Icarus 8
[ Show more ]
Noble 7
League of Legends
JimRising 606
Reynor1
Other Games
summit1g10839
Sick192
Nina86
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick809
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1615
• Stunt488
• Jankos255
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 59m
Replay Cast
15h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.