• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:00
CEST 13:00
KST 20:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8807 users

[MLG] Dallas Day 1 - Page 500

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 498 499 500 501 502 Next
Liquid` Shirts will be available soon. In the meantime, why not win one!
Derrida
Profile Joined March 2011
2885 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-02 15:15:23
April 02 2011 15:15 GMT
#9981
On April 03 2011 00:13 Laids wrote:
I can't find Destiny in the losers bracket, did he leave the tourney or something? Oo


He is there. (68) Steven_Bonnell_II in Round 4 of LB.

Edit: 500th page w00t.
#1 Grubby Fan.
MHT
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1026 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-02 15:36:08
April 02 2011 15:34 GMT
#9982
Think there is almost 10000 posts in this thread, this might be the biggest disappointment in Sc2 tournament history.

Also cant get fullscreen on the restream without it crashing.
theriv
Profile Joined August 2010
United States149 Posts
April 02 2011 15:34 GMT
#9983
jesus, i can barely watch the restream.. didnt they get 8mil? apperently didnt go into the streams... last year i was able to watch perfectly. :/
mprs
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2933 Posts
April 02 2011 15:36 GMT
#9984
can some1 make a list of good games/series? would be helpful :S
We talkin about PRACTICE
AlgoFlash
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada96 Posts
April 02 2011 15:37 GMT
#9985
Watching the restream, I love how JP thought that spire was for mutas in game 1 Machine vs Tyler when 4 colossi ar out. I also love when he wonders if a 3 gate expo will turn into a 4 gates.

Please, I'm silver playing 4 games a month and I have a better understanding of the matchup.
"Fuck it, nerf rock and scissors." Paper
Derrida
Profile Joined March 2011
2885 Posts
April 02 2011 15:43 GMT
#9986
On April 03 2011 00:37 AlgoFlash wrote:
Watching the restream, I love how JP thought that spire was for mutas in game 1 Machine vs Tyler when 4 colossi ar out. I also love when he wonders if a 3 gate expo will turn into a 4 gates.

Please, I'm silver playing 4 games a month and I have a better understanding of the matchup.


I completely agree. I believe DjWheat is even worse as far as SC2 knowledge goes, but since he has a huge background in casting he fails less often, just states the obvious and lets Day9 do the technical talk, asks him questions where necessary.

I do not mean to bash the casters, I have worked at countless tournaments to know the stamina it demands, but I would prefer it if they talked less and be more precise about what they said instead of constant chatter that is incoherent at times.
#1 Grubby Fan.
Rjay
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada73 Posts
April 02 2011 15:46 GMT
#9987
On April 03 2011 00:37 AlgoFlash wrote:
Watching the restream, I love how JP thought that spire was for mutas in game 1 Machine vs Tyler when 4 colossi ar out. I also love when he wonders if a 3 gate expo will turn into a 4 gates.

Please, I'm silver playing 4 games a month and I have a better understanding of the matchup.

I really doubt you have more game knowledge than JP. The muta call in game 1 was pretty bad, but the 3gate possibly becoming a 4 gate is pretty common. Some Tosses choose to fake an expo, and then punish the zerg with a 4gate, rather than going straightup 4gates.
AlgoFlash
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada96 Posts
April 02 2011 15:48 GMT
#9988
On April 03 2011 00:43 Derrida wrote:


I completely agree. I believe DjWheat is even worse as far as SC2 knowledge goes, but since he has a huge background in casting he fails less often, just states the obvious and lets Day9 do the technical talk, asks him questions where necessary.

I do not mean to bash the casters, I have worked at countless tournaments to know the stamina it demands, but I would prefer it if they talked less and be more precise about what they said instead of constant chatter that is incoherent at times.


Yeah, you are totally right. They do an awesome job, they give a lot of energy to the games. I love them, and I think it's not easy in the heat of the game to make up your mind but maybe they should work a little bit on their knowledge.
"Fuck it, nerf rock and scissors." Paper
AlgoFlash
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada96 Posts
April 02 2011 15:52 GMT
#9989
On April 03 2011 00:46 Rjay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2011 00:37 AlgoFlash wrote:
Watching the restream, I love how JP thought that spire was for mutas in game 1 Machine vs Tyler when 4 colossi ar out. I also love when he wonders if a 3 gate expo will turn into a 4 gates.

Please, I'm silver playing 4 games a month and I have a better understanding of the matchup.

I really doubt you have more game knowledge than JP. The muta call in game 1 was pretty bad, but the 3gate possibly becoming a 4 gate is pretty common. Some Tosses choose to fake an expo, and then punish the zerg with a 4gate, rather than going straightup 4gates.


I'm not saying I'm better, but those calls, come on.

2 gases, CB used on sentry and you wonder if its a 4 gates? It would be awefully delayed.
"Fuck it, nerf rock and scissors." Paper
Rjay
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada73 Posts
April 02 2011 15:57 GMT
#9990
On April 03 2011 00:52 AlgoFlash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2011 00:46 Rjay wrote:
On April 03 2011 00:37 AlgoFlash wrote:
Watching the restream, I love how JP thought that spire was for mutas in game 1 Machine vs Tyler when 4 colossi ar out. I also love when he wonders if a 3 gate expo will turn into a 4 gates.

Please, I'm silver playing 4 games a month and I have a better understanding of the matchup.

I really doubt you have more game knowledge than JP. The muta call in game 1 was pretty bad, but the 3gate possibly becoming a 4 gate is pretty common. Some Tosses choose to fake an expo, and then punish the zerg with a 4gate, rather than going straightup 4gates.


I'm not saying I'm better, but those calls, come on.

2 gases, CB used on sentry and you wonder if its a 4 gates? It would be awefully delayed.

It's true, but if you've ever watched incontrol's stream he played around with a 2 gas 4 gate. It comes around at a really awkward timing where the zerg spent most of his larvae on drones and only has a few units out, it was pretty damn effective.

But yea i see what you're saying, the casting definitely has room for improvement. JP actually has been practicing his casting leading up to MLG, so I have to give him props for that.
Humppis
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland52 Posts
April 02 2011 15:59 GMT
#9991
On April 02 2011 22:42 oGm`REM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2011 22:40 FallDownMarigold wrote:
Who is this AtheneWins kid that everybody keep going on about and why is he so important? Who has even played? I personally have never even heard of him before this thread... "Where is Athene? Did Athene play? Athene athene athene..." Who is he?

Google and Youtube. One cannot explain AtheneWins. He's just lost for words.


If im not badly mistaken, hes an internet troll with strange sence of humor and follower base to keep him around. Hes not truly important in any sence, just anomaly, a sort of village idiot that provides amusement to selected few.
Chicane
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7875 Posts
April 02 2011 16:02 GMT
#9992
On April 02 2011 22:47 oGm`REM wrote:
Pool A
Kiwikaki 3-0
IdrA 2-1
Socke 1-2
Gretorp 0-3

Pool B
SeleCT 3-0
SjoW 2-1
qxc 1-2
Ret 0-3

Pool C
iNcontroL 2-1
SLush 2-1
TLO 1-2
PainUser 1-2

Pool D
drewbie 3-0
Machine 1-2
Agh 1-2
Tyler 1-2


I am pretty damn happy with the results so far. I wish Machine would have won over Agh, but other than that I really wanted SLush and iNcontroL to do well in group C and they did.
AlgoFlash
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada96 Posts
April 02 2011 16:06 GMT
#9993
On April 03 2011 00:57 Rjay wrote:

It's true, but if you've ever watched incontrol's stream he played around with a 2 gas 4 gate. It comes around at a really awkward timing where the zerg spent most of his larvae on drones and only has a few units out, it was pretty damn effective.

But yea i see what you're saying, the casting definitely has room for improvement. JP actually has been practicing his casting leading up to MLG, so I have to give him props for that.


Thanks for bringing this up, I had no idea such a build was being worked on.
"Fuck it, nerf rock and scissors." Paper
Mellon
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden917 Posts
April 02 2011 16:09 GMT
#9994
Ret and TLO out, sad Sjow is the only one im happy to see advancing!
Bensio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom621 Posts
April 02 2011 16:10 GMT
#9995
Im hoping to see Haypro wreck through everyone
Dantaro
Profile Joined November 2010
United States69 Posts
April 02 2011 16:11 GMT
#9996
On April 03 2011 01:09 Mellon wrote:
Ret and TLO out, sad Sjow is the only one im happy to see advancing!

the pools just determine where the players start in the championship bracket. no one is out yet.
MLG
Mellon
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden917 Posts
April 02 2011 16:16 GMT
#9997
On April 03 2011 01:11 Dantaro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2011 01:09 Mellon wrote:
Ret and TLO out, sad Sjow is the only one im happy to see advancing!

the pools just determine where the players start in the championship bracket. no one is out yet.


Oh thats great news!! Thank you <3
sanya
Profile Joined February 2011
482 Posts
April 02 2011 16:17 GMT
#9998
are they planning to release vods ?
i couldn't watch the first day unfortunately
If wishes were fishes , we'd all cast nets.
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
April 02 2011 16:18 GMT
#9999
who did destiny lose to to go into losers bracket?
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
April 02 2011 16:18 GMT
#10000
Who's the guy casting beside day9?
I was expecting DjWheat (not saying that the other one is bad, just kind of curious).
Prev 1 498 499 500 501 502 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko255
SpeCial 77
ProTech22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16015
firebathero 2341
Bisu 942
Hyuk 627
Horang2 526
Larva 304
BeSt 255
Light 185
Mini 173
EffOrt 146
[ Show more ]
Soma 128
Rush 95
Leta 92
Barracks 78
Mong 58
ZerO 58
Pusan 57
ToSsGirL 50
Killer 48
Sharp 36
Aegong 32
Shinee 32
Mind 29
sorry 27
Sexy 26
NaDa 26
Bale 22
Hm[arnc] 18
Sacsri 16
Noble 15
zelot 14
Snow 13
JulyZerg 12
Terrorterran 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
XaKoH 318
Fuzer 199
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss906
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1017
crisheroes987
Other Games
gofns26544
singsing1907
olofmeister1289
B2W.Neo214
Mew2King83
Livibee63
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream219
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH108
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h
OSC
11h
CranKy Ducklings
23h
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.