• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:07
CEST 04:07
KST 11:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)24Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8752 users

[GSL] Race to S-Class - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
wristuzi
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1168 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-17 01:01:36
November 16 2010 23:59 GMT
#61
On November 17 2010 08:30 Xxavi wrote:
Guys, is there a complete list of code S players?

How many protoss got code S? Inca, Genius, Tester... and these hopefuls in OP, like SanZenith and oGsMC. So if my understanding is correct, we will see 4-5 code S players come the tournaments in 2011? Well, that will be funny. Not.


I made a post of them, and due to the wonders of the post history function, have found it for you. I separated the list into season, but I'm sure you can see who's qualified for S in both ^^.

Thanks for the S player info, that's pretty interesting. You only get S in the Ro8, right?

Season 1 it was:

- 3 (sSKS - inCa - HongUnPrime)
- 1 (FruitDealer)
- 4 (HopeTorture - LiveForever - Ensnare - MakaPrime)

Season 2 it was:

- 1 (Genius)
- 3 (Zenio - NesTea - Kyrix)
- 4 (SlayersBoxer - Boxer - HopeTorture - oGsNaDa)

HopeTorture is the only player to qualify for both.

Edit: Thanks to the poster below for pointing out my glaring mistake of missing out NaDa >< ^^
MarineKingPrime ¯\_(シ)_/¯ // Naniwa ¯\_(シ)_/¯ // Morrow
Robonord
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States311 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-17 00:04:41
November 17 2010 00:04 GMT
#62
To the above poster, replace Inca with oGsNaDa in season 2
IMLosirA | ST_Bomber | SlayerS_Puzzle
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
November 17 2010 00:18 GMT
#63
at home now, thank god, while the iphone is great, it is no replacement for an actual keyboard and easy switching between infinite tabs, if only my firefox apm could translate to sc i wouldn't be d-

On November 17 2010 08:50 regulator_mk wrote:

The one omission I think you made is that I believe anypro is in the same situation as Leenock. He made Ro16 in season 1 and has qualified for season 3.


He may well be. I think that may be one thing I missed, for some reason (I don't have the korean character support on my PC, and even if I did, I wouldn't understand it, might be an explanation, had so much fun playing about with iron) I had him down as not qualifying.

I don't think it affects anything hugely with respect to the OP, for the most part with that I tried to deal with anything that is very close to certain.

I won't likely update the OP before the brackets are up, mainly because:

- more information may make things easier
- i have job interview on thursday, and while sc fanboyism is good it doesn't pay the rent
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
Noterist
Profile Joined October 2010
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-17 01:04:53
November 17 2010 00:31 GMT
#64
I've been looking for this kind of information for so long. Thanks so much to the OP for doing the leg work, guestimating and laying down his reasoning so well.

I completely agree GOM needs to make this more transparent. What I really want to know now is how players are going to get promoted or demoted each season. I'm really rooting for the new foreigners out there, and I'd like to think that there is a clear path for them to move up from A class, or to get seeded in the first place if they were unlucky qualifying this time around.

Edit: I'll just add an honest admission here; I have no knowledge about how SC:BW tournaments/rankings work so if this kind of thing is obvious to the TL vets I'd love to be brought up to speed.

Edit again: Reading the more knowledgeable posts on the first three pages of the following thread has cleared up a lot of my questions, just in case anyone else is wondering the same thing. Topic
Moragon
Profile Joined October 2010
United States355 Posts
November 17 2010 00:38 GMT
#65
How about the race out of S-class? The players who achieved S class in season 1 and have failed to make the top 32 (S class) since (GSL 2 and 3):
Tester, LiveForever, and perhaps HongUn.
Pudge_172
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1378 Posts
November 17 2010 00:46 GMT
#66
I think I have done this right. If anyone see a player that I have down twice, please let me know.

I followed the news posting on GomTV to do this. There could be errors if I made a mistake.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnxDmxkA0dFqdG9WWU5FZnFvdU1tXy1jR2ZZaHdYYkE&hl=en&authkey=CPK17vAE


Keep in mind that players who qualified for GSL 3 that have qualified before don't get an additional rank unless they win a match, while new players who qualified for the first time will start out Rank 1 on the document. I'm waiting until GomTV puts up the schedule for season 3 before I add in the new players.
Diablo 3 Blog Me & My Mom http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=336890
Prime`Rib
Profile Joined September 2010
United States613 Posts
November 17 2010 00:47 GMT
#67
On November 17 2010 09:38 Moragon wrote:
How about the race out of S-class? The players who achieved S class in season 1 and have failed to make the top 32 (S class) since (GSL 2 and 3):
Tester, LiveForever, and perhaps HongUn.


No, first 3 GSL is purely for determined the seeded rank for the upcoming season. Racing our of S-class will be done later.
... funerals are insane, the chicks are so horny, its not even fair, its like fishing with dynamite ...
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
November 17 2010 00:50 GMT
#68
On November 17 2010 09:46 Pudge_172 wrote:
I think I have done this right.


if only you had done that in three columns for each tournament and summed them in a fourth that would be balling out of control
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
Kagami-sama
Profile Joined September 2010
460 Posts
November 17 2010 03:58 GMT
#69
On November 17 2010 08:59 wristuzi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2010 08:30 Xxavi wrote:
Guys, is there a complete list of code S players?

How many protoss got code S? Inca, Genius, Tester... and these hopefuls in OP, like SanZenith and oGsMC. So if my understanding is correct, we will see 4-5 code S players come the tournaments in 2011? Well, that will be funny. Not.


I made a post of them, and due to the wonders of the post history function, have found it for you. I separated the list into season, but I'm sure you can see who's qualified for S in both ^^.

Thanks for the S player info, that's pretty interesting. You only get S in the Ro8, right?

Season 1 it was:

- 3 (sSKS - inCa - HongUnPrime)
- 1 (FruitDealer)
- 4 (HopeTorture - LiveForever - Ensnare - MakaPrime)

Season 2 it was:

- 1 (Genius)
- 3 (Zenio - NesTea - Kyrix)
- 4 (SlayersBoxer - Boxer - HopeTorture - oGsNaDa)

HopeTorture is the only player to qualify for both.

Edit: Thanks to the poster below for pointing out my glaring mistake of missing out NaDa >< ^^

Current S-class:

- 4
- 4
- 7

Current and almost guaranteed S-class:

- 4
- 6
- 9

Going to be rooting for any other Protoss or Random players to make it into the Round of 8 for the sake of having a balanced S-class tournament!
Pudge_172
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1378 Posts
November 17 2010 04:55 GMT
#70
On November 17 2010 09:46 Pudge_172 wrote:
I think I have done this right. If anyone see a player that I have down twice, please let me know.

I followed the news posting on GomTV to do this. There could be errors if I made a mistake.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AnxDmxkA0dFqdG9WWU5FZnFvdU1tXy1jR2ZZaHdYYkE&hl=en&authkey=CPK17vAE


Keep in mind that players who qualified for GSL 3 that have qualified before don't get an additional rank unless they win a match, while new players who qualified for the first time will start out Rank 1 on the document. I'm waiting until GomTV puts up the schedule for season 3 before I add in the new players.



I went ahead and updated with the Season 3 new players. If anyone sees 2 entries for the same player, please point them out as some name changes could have not been discovered.

I will try to update this each day after the games have been played so we can keep track of the ranks of players and try to figure out who is Code S and who is Code A.

Rank 1 Recruit
Rank 2 Private
Rank 3 Private First Class
Rank 4 Corporal
Rank 5 Sergeant
Rank 6 Staff Sergeant
Rank 7 Platoon Sergeant
Rank 8 Master Sergeant
Rank 9 Second Lieutenant
Rank 10 First Lieutenant
Rank 11 Captain
Rank 12 Major
Rank 13 Lieutenant Major
Rank 14 Colonel
Rank 15 Brigadier General
Rank 16 Major General
Rank 17 Lieutenant General
Rank 18 General
Diablo 3 Blog Me & My Mom http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=336890
DoomsVille
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada4885 Posts
November 17 2010 16:53 GMT
#71
FYI, everyone that qualified for S1 automatically gets bumped from recruit to private (see GOMTVs message about rank). I don't know why so many of you are discussing this here when the first and last post of this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=164582 pretty much do a better job of summing everything up than any of you have done here.
mahrgell
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany3943 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-18 16:52:15
November 18 2010 16:51 GMT
#72
edit: nvm...
zere
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1287 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 08:31:28
November 19 2010 08:07 GMT
#73
Race to Code S - News on PlayXP (before GSL3 RO64):
edit: ok sorry, fresh from gomtv.com, i usually skip that site in my daily routine :x

[image loading]
ModeratorWenn ich einmal traurig bin, dann trink' ich einen Korn. Wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann trink' ich noch 'nen Korn. Und wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann fang' ich an von vorn!
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 08:40:31
November 19 2010 08:29 GMT
#74
ya, that's directly from gom: http://esports.gomtv.com/gsl/community/view.gom?m=community&msgid=4585&c=all&p=1
the following table is probably helpful, even though you could divine it from the previous screenshot:
Place 	Points 	Prize Money
1st 7000 100000won
2nd 4000 30000
ro4 2500 10000
ro8 1500 4000
ro16 699 2000
ro32 350 500
ro64 299 300
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 08:48:00
November 19 2010 08:47 GMT
#75
so basically:

ro64: 299
ro32: 350
ro16: 699
ro8: 1500
ro4: 2500
ro2: 4000
winner: 7000

I can see why you're guaranteed S class at ro8.
Basically Idra is likely already S class qualified unless there are some miracles below him that reaches ro16/ro8. Newcomers need to reach ro8 or no S class this season and if u made more appearances then ro16/32 can do.

edit:
do I type slow didn't see antoine's post
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
cablesc
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1540 Posts
November 19 2010 08:47 GMT
#76
Okay, so according to that list, it looks like there's a point value for each round that you get:

Ro64: 299
Ro32: 350
Ro16: 699
Ro8: 1500
Ro4: 2500
2nd Place: 4000
1st Place: 7000

So now it should be simple to track what people need to do in order to gain s-class status.
Slayers Forever! Rip. :( - Not the eSports organizer, that's CableStarcraft.
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
November 19 2010 08:51 GMT
#77
Will play with those figures today, don't have much on
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 19 2010 09:24 GMT
#78
That list conclusively proves it's impossible for Idra not to get rank S.
Moragon
Profile Joined October 2010
United States355 Posts
November 19 2010 09:41 GMT
#79
You must be bad at math, if IdrA doesnt make it to round of 16 and 7 new people reach the quarterfinals, he gets kicked out of the top 32, even without including the people who can pass him on points without getting final 8.
WeeKeong
Profile Joined October 2010
United States282 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-19 09:47:53
November 19 2010 09:46 GMT
#80
On November 19 2010 18:41 Moragon wrote:
You must be bad at math, if IdrA doesnt make it to round of 16 and 7 new people reach the quarterfinals, he gets kicked out of the top 32, even without including the people who can pass him on points without getting final 8.

Nope
Assuming 8 new people make the quarter finals, there will be 23 S class players, and there will be a remainder of 9 slots for S-class. You add +299 (RO64) to idra, and +699(RO16) to everyone else that qualified for GSL3 and actually has points prior to this, he will still be in the top 32 = S-clas
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 142
Nina 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13254
Rain 2253
Artosis 615
Dewaltoss 32
NaDa 22
Bale 21
Dota 2
monkeys_forever547
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4743
Counter-Strike
taco 527
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1668
ArmadaUGS368
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1257
WinterStarcraft506
Other Games
summit1g7732
Day[9].tv725
JimRising 628
PiGStarcraft215
C9.Mang0193
Maynarde163
ViBE124
ZombieGrub3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick863
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• davetesta32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv725
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 53m
OSC
10h 53m
Stellar Fest
10h 53m
OSC
21h 53m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.