• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:06
CEST 10:06
KST 17:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10745 users

[H] I've been having a losing streak =/

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Tossup
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States208 Posts
September 25 2010 02:21 GMT
#1
I played about 4 games now and having a horrible losing streak. In all of them, my opponent just outmacros me and out plays me. Here are the replays:

Feel welcome to critique on any of them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zt9r7tzve247qvm

This PvT is against HyunGy. I do the kcdc 1gate fast expo strat where I get my econ going pretty fast. Then I get harassed to death and lose because I don't tech to colossus fast enough.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ir5wsabsq94y5nu

This one is versus AlwxysPrloL. I try for the same void ray strat where I do a good amount of harass at his front. But when he starts pushing me I get over eager and I rush into his army without my colossus range. I guess that was my biggest mistake


http://www.mediafire.com/?s65ghhpj8k29660

This one versus NepoleanI open void rays and have a good contain going. I then promptly get out macroed and out unit produced as I try to move in again with colossus.

http://www.mediafire.com/?x2q838y2qmnsjim

This match is versus Hit. I start out again with my void ray strat where I kill his roaches in the beginning. There are times where Icould have straight up kiled him but he uses his lings to run by my expo that was just going to get put down. He just keeps me in my base until he masses his mutas until I lose..

I feel pathetic after losing these games. I feel like as hard as I try, I can't macro as well or something. I dunno.
Tossup
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States208 Posts
September 25 2010 08:43 GMT
#2
so...no one's going to comment on any of the reps?
pRo9aMeR
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
595 Posts
September 25 2010 08:49 GMT
#3
at work, can't comment on reps, but...

very obvious advice if you're getting outmacroed - practice constantly making more probes and spending that income !!ASAP!! on buildings/units.
In training...let's play, gg! d^..^b
PragmaOnce
Profile Joined September 2010
8 Posts
September 25 2010 09:16 GMT
#4
watch day[9]'s vids on youtuube, watch your own replays and notice where you could have pushed out/been agressive/produced another unit... look for structures that aren't producing and don't pool resources. Make sure you expand at an appropriate time etc.
tchan
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia121 Posts
September 25 2010 09:18 GMT
#5
Watching the first replay after you tried to apply some early pressure with your units you saw the bunker so it was an obvious retreat, however I would have left at least one stalker near his natural expansion to see if he was going to also fast expand and if he tried to push you could have easily retreated since stalkers are very mobile units. Before the 8 minute point where he threw down that bunker, if you went up and tried to put on early pressure yet again it definitely would have worked since you had way more units than him at that stage. I would have also opted for the observer before the immortal to get a general sense of what he was doing but you saw the factory anyway and could have probably guessed that a starport was coming for medivacs.

Also when you made your fast expo I was annoyed that you didn't transfer your probes at all. Before that I noticed you had around 70+ energy on your nexus which could have been used to chronooboost extra probes to optimise the transfer process but i'm not sure if that was intentional or not for the warpgates. There are so many things you could have done, if you had got the observer you could have then built a warp prism to warp units to harass his mineral line since you would have scouted his units were only defending his expo. But I think the main issue in why you lost is because you did not saturate your expo to improve your macro which sort of makes the fast expansion in the first place rather pointless.
Thor-axe the Impaler
Profile Joined April 2010
United States331 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-25 09:22:03
September 25 2010 09:21 GMT
#6
As you are more accurately placed in the division you belong theoretically you will be winning 50% of your games, and therefore losing 50% too, and since getting better at this game takes a long time, expect to start losing about as many as you win very soon. If you go on a long winning streak expect to go on a long losing streak.

If you look at your match history I'm willing to bet they match up in frequency of eachother.
Psychedelic Rock Album http://soundcloud.com/dead-rock-music
tchan
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia121 Posts
September 25 2010 09:55 GMT
#7
Second replay, now I'm just being nit picky so I apologise in advance.
I would have just left that zealot attacking the extractor on its own in the beginning instead of the probe even though you were going to build an assimilator straight afterwards since you could have used those few extra minerals. Did you cancel the assimilator to build your third gateway for the warp gate upgrade timing only to build another assimilator a few seconds later, either way I wouldn't have cancelled for those reasons. The first push was more or less a failure I thought, you lost the void ray whereas he only lost a few zerglings, you should have picked off those 3 overlords in the center at the watch tower where you should have scouted with your initial void, the expansion right of his main and the overlord he placed at your natural. That harassment would have done a lot more damage than the push at the front.
Tossup
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States208 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-25 18:30:42
September 25 2010 18:30 GMT
#8
On September 25 2010 18:21 Thor-axe the Impaler wrote:
As you are more accurately placed in the division you belong theoretically you will be winning 50% of your games, and therefore losing 50% too, and since getting better at this game takes a long time, expect to start losing about as many as you win very soon. If you go on a long winning streak expect to go on a long losing streak.

If you look at your match history I'm willing to bet they match up in frequency of eachother.


I don't think that you've seen my replays...If you have, you'd have to agree that i'm not a bad player by any means.

And the 50% win ratio isn't the point of the thread. It's to help me improve my gameplay.
SeaSmoke
Profile Joined July 2010
United States326 Posts
September 25 2010 18:35 GMT
#9
On September 26 2010 03:30 Tossup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2010 18:21 Thor-axe the Impaler wrote:
As you are more accurately placed in the division you belong theoretically you will be winning 50% of your games, and therefore losing 50% too, and since getting better at this game takes a long time, expect to start losing about as many as you win very soon. If you go on a long winning streak expect to go on a long losing streak.

If you look at your match history I'm willing to bet they match up in frequency of eachother.


I don't think that you've seen my replays...If you have, you'd have to agree that i'm not a bad player by any means.

And the 50% win ratio isn't the point of the thread. It's to help me improve my gameplay.


When did he say you were a bad player? Why do people post help threads and get so ridiculously defensive? He's just saying that a losing streak doesn't mean you're suddenly playing any differently, just the matchmaker is giving you tougher opponents.

If you watch your own replays you should be able to see everything you can improve on.
Yuki
Profile Joined August 2010
29 Posts
September 25 2010 18:49 GMT
#10
On September 26 2010 03:30 Tossup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2010 18:21 Thor-axe the Impaler wrote:
As you are more accurately placed in the division you belong theoretically you will be winning 50% of your games, and therefore losing 50% too, and since getting better at this game takes a long time, expect to start losing about as many as you win very soon. If you go on a long winning streak expect to go on a long losing streak.

If you look at your match history I'm willing to bet they match up in frequency of eachother.


I don't think that you've seen my replays...If you have, you'd have to agree that i'm not a bad player by any means.

And the 50% win ratio isn't the point of the thread. It's to help me improve my gameplay.


You ask for help then you don't pay attention to what people are telling you.

The fact that you lost 4 games in a row is insignificant. Everyone has losing streaks. You're basically just posting 4 random replays and asking for help. I would have actually watched a replay and gave some pointers but your attitude negates any helpful mood I might have had.
FireLiquid
Profile Joined August 2010
United States11 Posts
September 25 2010 21:52 GMT
#11
watch some more replays and see where you went right and where you went wrong.
"Fortune favors the bold-F%$#@N Pylons, how do they work"
PTZ.
Profile Joined September 2010
72 Posts
September 26 2010 01:48 GMT
#12
On September 25 2010 18:21 Thor-axe the Impaler wrote:
As you are more accurately placed in the division you belong theoretically you will be winning 50% of your games, and therefore losing 50% too, and since getting better at this game takes a long time, expect to start losing about as many as you win very soon. If you go on a long winning streak expect to go on a long losing streak.

If you look at your match history I'm willing to bet they match up in frequency of eachother.


I think that's just the advice I was desperately looking for.

Just played 4 ffas were I was the first person to be eliminated.
Then 4-5 1v1s that proved to be crushing defeats of either getting outmacro'd or failing to stop what I knew was coming.

Needless to say, I'm quite annoyed by my performance now. So I'll just take your word and assume that my MMR got ahead of myself quite a bit as I was having a very good winning ratio for a while.

Meh. Still a bit depressing lol.
tchan
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia121 Posts
September 26 2010 04:57 GMT
#13
Any thoughts about my post?...
Chizambers
Profile Joined June 2010
United States126 Posts
September 26 2010 09:59 GMT
#14
I have also noticed there are a big difference between when I am playing good, and when I'm playing just ok. I will have a night where I'm playing really good and win 8 of 10 matches, but then the next day I won't be warmed up and will lose 4 of my first 5.

My APM changes quite a bit, as does my map awareness, and just general timing and macro. When I play good I beat low daimond players, when I play bad I occasionally lose to a gold, but I guess that is why I'm stuck in high plat.
yup, I'm a nub.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 453
Hyuk 247
910 121
Dewaltoss 68
Yoon 36
Killer 33
Bale 30
ZergMaN 28
NotJumperer 27
yabsab 15
[ Show more ]
Noble 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe120
League of Legends
JimRising 496
Counter-Strike
olofmeister608
ceh9521
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King169
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1953
Khaldor264
Other Games
singsing787
WinterStarcraft408
Happy340
Sick231
Livibee188
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick657
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream288
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH100
• LUISG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2316
League of Legends
• Stunt522
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 55m
Stellar Fest
4h 55m
The PondCast
1d 1h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.