• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:35
CEST 11:35
KST 18:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9601 users

[D] Map Maker's Show

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-03 01:57:42
May 18 2013 17:31 GMT
#1
I would like to setup a weekly session where several map makers get together, hang out, and play games on our maps while discussing them. All of this would be streamed. I want to do this for a few reasons.

1. I think it will be fun.
2. Maybe it will promote the map making community.
3. Play test our maps.
4. Get to know each other better.

If it goes anywhere I have future plans for what to do with this platform but right now I will worry about getting this going.

What I need from other map makers is your willingness to show up for this, play games, and talk to each other while being streamed.

Is there anyone out there interested in doing this? If you play you get to pick the map.

EDIT: The third session is tomorrow. Wednesday, Jul 03 5:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00). We can meet up in the melee map makers group chat. If we are to hear you on the stream you will have to connect with me through skype. Map makers you can find me in the TL map cave chat.

It will be streamed here: http://www.twitch.tv/marrife

Quakecomm
Profile Joined April 2012
United States344 Posts
May 18 2013 18:02 GMT
#2
As a fan of mapmakers I'd love to see this
gorkey island is the only good map
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
May 18 2013 18:07 GMT
#3
On May 19 2013 03:02 Quakecomm wrote:
As a fan of mapmakers I'd love to see this


Yes! We have 1 fan already. Who's in now?
sCnDiamond
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany340 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-18 20:50:18
May 18 2013 20:49 GMT
#4
Count me in (EU-Server). TPW used to do these every sunday and it worked quite well for a few weeks until it fell apart.
formerly spinnaker.
Thor.Rush
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden702 Posts
May 18 2013 21:00 GMT
#5
I'd be interested if high level players were testing the maps (high master - gm)
| SaSe | Naniwa |Stephano | LucifroN | Mvp | MarineKing | ByuN | Polt | MC | Parting |
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
May 18 2013 21:05 GMT
#6
On May 19 2013 06:00 Thor.Rush wrote:
I'd be interested if high level players were testing the maps (high master - gm)


I don't know how likely that would be at first. There are some map makers in master's. If we keep doing it maybe more map makers will up their game. Also if this garners enough interest high master's/GM's might volunteer to play.
sCnDiamond
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany340 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-18 21:30:18
May 18 2013 21:28 GMT
#7
On May 19 2013 06:00 Thor.Rush wrote:
I'd be interested if high level players were testing the maps (high master - gm)
I'll ask some players in my clan. We've got quite a lot of mid/high masters around. They were quite happy to help me with testing my maps in the past. I'm pretty sure they will join in.
formerly spinnaker.
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
May 18 2013 21:58 GMT
#8
I am a high master map maker and I would love to test maps and chat with other map makers, but sadly the melee map makers group on the EU server is almost always empty, if anyone from EU wants their map tested, or test maps, they should join that group.
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
May 18 2013 23:49 GMT
#9
I'd be interested if I wasn't so busy with my new upcoming job and life in general. Otherwise good luck with it. When I did map streaming I'd average 150 or more viewers but I always had 4-16 testers, surprisingly all diamond and higher. If you're going to do map testing, you'll want to do it LIVE and with casting. Makes it more fun that way.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
RFDaemoniac
Profile Joined September 2011
United States544 Posts
May 19 2013 14:24 GMT
#10
I'd be down for discussion/casting and would be happy to play though my mechanics aren't great.
KingCorwin
Profile Joined February 2013
United States134 Posts
May 20 2013 20:03 GMT
#11
I'm 100% on board with this when i get internet back at my house :3 Soon mr rife!
Corwin#12780
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
May 26 2013 13:53 GMT
#12
So whats going on with this? Still happening or not?
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
May 28 2013 16:08 GMT
#13
On May 26 2013 22:53 moskonia wrote:
So whats going on with this? Still happening or not?


Yes it is still happening at the date and time mentioned in the OP.
Veloh15
Profile Joined January 2012
United States161 Posts
May 28 2013 17:52 GMT
#14
I haven't done much as far as making maps, but I am diamond and have followed the scene sine the first TLMC so if you need someone I am here
sCnDiamond
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany340 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-28 20:06:52
May 28 2013 20:06 GMT
#15
I'll try to be there and bring some friends as well. I can also stream/cast in 1080p if needed.
formerly spinnaker.
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
May 30 2013 16:12 GMT
#16
On May 19 2013 06:58 moskonia wrote:
I am a high master map maker and I would love to test maps and chat with other map makers, but sadly the melee map makers group on the EU server is almost always empty, if anyone from EU wants their map tested, or test maps, they should join that group.


I hope you are able to make it Saturday, June 1st at 6:00 PM GMT on the EU server we will meet in the melee map makers group chat.

On May 19 2013 23:24 RFDaemoniac wrote:
I'd be down for discussion/casting and would be happy to play though my mechanics aren't great.


It would be great if you can make it.

On May 21 2013 05:03 KingCorwin wrote:
I'm 100% on board with this when i get internet back at my house :3 Soon mr rife!


Seriously man, get that internet working.

On May 29 2013 02:52 Veloh15 wrote:
I haven't done much as far as making maps, but I am diamond and have followed the scene sine the first TLMC so if you need someone I am here


I remember you from the map making tournament you ran. You absolutely should show up.

On May 29 2013 05:06 spinnaker wrote:
I'll try to be there and bring some friends as well. I can also stream/cast in 1080p if needed.


Awesome, can't wait! I will do the streaming though. Therefore vods will always be in the same place and not depend on who showed up that week.
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
June 01 2013 16:08 GMT
#17
We will be starting in 2 hours at 6:00 PM GMT.
sCnDiamond
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany340 Posts
June 02 2013 19:37 GMT
#18
How did it go? I missed it unfortunately .
formerly spinnaker.
DilemaH
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Canada402 Posts
June 03 2013 03:57 GMT
#19
I'll join! Low masters Zerg NA with some maps to show off.
When's the next?
They don't want you to construct additional pylons
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
June 11 2013 21:16 GMT
#20
On June 03 2013 12:57 DilemaH wrote:
I'll join! Low masters Zerg NA with some maps to show off.
When's the next?


The second session will be Thursday, June 13th at 6:00 PM GMT on the EU server.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 220
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 710
Soulkey 304
Horang2 278
Larva 244
Zeus 211
Mini 197
Soma 167
Sexy 90
Mind 72
ZerO 67
[ Show more ]
soO 31
scan(afreeca) 24
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
zelot 8
Hyun 7
sorry 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe275
canceldota3
League of Legends
JimRising 485
Other Games
gofns28920
singsing1738
Coldzera 707
Happy198
Pyrionflax143
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
BasetradeTV216
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Jankos2757
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
25m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM220
Online Event
2h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.