• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:30
CEST 01:30
KST 08:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10385 users

Map of the Month #8 - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
wrl
Profile Joined April 2011
United States209 Posts
August 11 2011 14:26 GMT
#161
Really appreciate the feedback monitor! For future maps I really need to enlist the help of more people, I didn't even get a real chance to playtest Castaway, and the only comments on TL were positive without being very constructive.

Hopefully I can squeeze something out for MotM9

Good luck to the top 5 in MotM8!
It's funny; I dream a lot, but I'm not a very good sleeper.
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
August 11 2011 15:03 GMT
#162
DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOOOOOOU SUPEROUMAN!

gl to top 5 <: D
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
transience
Profile Joined February 2011
Belgium74 Posts
August 11 2011 15:12 GMT
#163
Pity Lost City didn't make it into the top-5. As far as aesthetics go, that map was by far my favourite.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
August 11 2011 15:35 GMT
#164
Slightly reduced the size of the mains on Dylarian and also fixed a pathing issue. Mapfile has been sent to submitblablablabla. Will go on vacation next week so if there are any further questions/... let me know asap.
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
SmashHammer
Profile Joined January 2011
United States148 Posts
August 11 2011 16:11 GMT
#165
Congrats to the finalists! LoS fighting! Really looking forward to this months tourney, always wanted to see iGrok's 5 spawn map in action.
TPW Mapping - theplanetaryworkshop.com
sCnDiamond
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany340 Posts
August 11 2011 16:34 GMT
#166
On August 12 2011 00:12 transience wrote:
Pity Lost City didn't make it into the top-5. As far as aesthetics go, that map was by far my favourite.

Same here. I thought we'd see that map in the top5 for sure.
formerly spinnaker.
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
August 12 2011 09:03 GMT
#167
Queu the special awards
KCCO!
Icetoad
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada262 Posts
August 12 2011 13:49 GMT
#168
Yeah I want to know the special award.
Map Maker of Nimbus
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-12 16:12:07
August 12 2011 16:11 GMT
#169
Special Awards haven't been planned really since they got 0 attention last month and for this the effort is a bit too high.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
August 12 2011 17:25 GMT
#170
Zero attention? I recall people allways loving that, even last month. Also I won the dustin browder for the 2nd time, gotta know who to hand the trophy to
KCCO!
Gl!tch
Profile Joined December 2010
United States573 Posts
August 12 2011 17:47 GMT
#171
This is the first MotM i participated in, let alone knew about. So i had to check last months to see these "Special Awards".

LOL you gotta do them.
“I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.” ― Banksy
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
August 12 2011 17:57 GMT
#172
On August 13 2011 02:25 ihasaKAROT wrote:
Zero attention? I recall people allways loving that, even last month. Also I won the dustin browder for the 2nd time, gotta know who to hand the trophy to

Or you could get your third one, and be a Browder Bonjwa.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
August 12 2011 18:40 GMT
#173
So no awards? I wish you guys would tell us these things on DAY ONE of the map contest.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
Fearlezz
Profile Joined April 2010
Croatia176 Posts
August 12 2011 18:57 GMT
#174
Awards are the thing I look forward the most, come on :D
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
August 12 2011 19:00 GMT
#175
There will be awards. I command it!

[image loading]
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Mereel
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany895 Posts
August 12 2011 19:18 GMT
#176
rofl
TPW Mapmaking Team
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
August 12 2011 20:26 GMT
#177
idk, I like city of the damned the most.
Does that mean you'll send yourself an award?
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
August 13 2011 00:04 GMT
#178
--- Nuked ---
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-13 00:19:49
August 13 2011 00:18 GMT
#179
I wrote a response which was lost to the battery gods, which I'll remake at some point. It wasn't very divisive, but I still want to share my thoughts. Anyway, Barrin basically delineated in examples and details what I said in a metaphor about mapping being like writing a piece of music and how 4player maps are like different performances of the same song.

I don't think mediocre 2player maps should replace them but we should only hold up the most finely crafted and progressive maps. As to the idea of map challenges to get creativity flowing, I like it. However, against metaphor: that's like writing a catchy musical phrase. You still have to do a lot of work to put it in a song that turns out masterful, and you can't just evaluate it without context. Maps are exactly the same and you can only evaluate something by seeing the obvious and subtle interplay of the map elements and how they are used by players.

So, great for generating ideas but they still have to go into maps which are crafted over long hours in order to see "is this really something worthwhile I've hit upon?". That is why I want to see the innovations in the more breathable 2player maps to see how these paper planes fly, not just bend the wings differently on the same old style. Not that I don't like seeing a sweet fucking paper airplane regardless.

Ugh I'm a broken gumball machine of metaphors.

[edit] By the way, I specifically mean 4player rotational that gives left and right thirds. I think there is room for innovating with mirror symmetry, and there is a TON of space to do shifted symmetry style.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
August 13 2011 02:41 GMT
#180
On August 13 2011 04:00 iGrok wrote:
There will be awards. I command it!

[image loading]

I'm the lightning bolt!
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft210
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft210
Nina 87
ViBE75
SpeCial 60
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 185
Noble 69
Hyuk 56
NaDa 35
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
League of Legends
Doublelift4636
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox311
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5464
Khaldor679
Other Games
summit1g8128
FrodaN1818
Coldzera 815
shahzam517
JimRising 385
C9.Mang0295
KnowMe205
ArmadaUGS87
Mew2King58
PPMD32
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick675
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH352
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21236
Other Games
• imaqtpie794
• Shiphtur194
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 30m
Online Event
11h 30m
FEL
16h 30m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 30m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.