• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:31
CEST 14:31
KST 21:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9560 users

Idea: TSL dedicated video

Forum Index > Razer TSL Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
hymn
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Bulgaria832 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-23 12:18:49
October 23 2008 12:16 GMT
#1
I wwas wondering why there is no TSL highlight clip or something. So I guess it's time for me to make one.

I've made a plan about it.
It's gotta have 2 main parts.

First part will be about the ladder stage. For this I will use replays from the Day[9] replay contest. You remember them, the weekly rep archives. There was very fun games there. I remember I enjoyed Ninja's replays the most.

The second part will be about the bracket stage. I am going to need some good reps from there because I just can't search all replays from the games that were before the broadcast.
So please post reps of whoever you want and you think are pimp or ballsy or whatever.
I am going to use the broadcasted games too along with the commentary when I feel like it.

There might be some copyright issues so I need to be allowed to use those clips.

The background music will be power metal for 2 reasons:
1 - I like it
and
2 - it sounds great in BW clips.

Now for the effects and stuff.
I don't like clips with many flashy effects who mess the battle scenes. I won't use those.
However I like the 300 like effects where the camera was zooming and and the motion was slowing only to explode a second later. I will try to use those but I will have to study a bit more about Vegas.

The timeline
I fear this will take a while. I can't say how long since I am at work about 60 hours per week and I have to take care of other issues as well.
A month and a half for sure. Maybe even more. But I don't think people should be bothered by this. I mean there hasn't been even a rumor of a TSL clip so a month more won't make a difference.
I even might decide to make it as a Christmas present for Tl.net.
Other drawback is that I am using Linux kubuntu which is amazing actually but I have to emulate everything from BW to Vegas and Camtasia which might take a while on it's own.

But I have a really strong desire and I am stubborn so when I set my mind on something I usually do it or end up heart or body broken.

Ok, I am expecting the feedback asap!

Bye bye for now, guys!

post scriptum: I don't care if the TSL clip turns out to be 25-30 minutes long.

I don't care how long it will take me to be done.

I just want it to be of high quality with nice battle/micro scenes, nice editing and not distracting from the battles.
azk he is the north american player but the titan he is the french stars
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
October 23 2008 14:10 GMT
#2
Use Kamelot - March of Mephisto as your music!!!!!!!!!!!
Chains none
Ry-Masta-T
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States478 Posts
October 23 2008 21:10 GMT
#3
This sounds really good, and if it's well done, it could be used to promote TSL2 (on digg etc). /agree on powermetal
Speak the word...
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
October 24 2008 06:00 GMT
#4
On October 23 2008 21:16 hymn wrote:
I just want it to be of high quality with nice battle/micro scenes, nice editing and not distracting from the battles.

This is totally important, and I'm glad you think so too. Too many effects take away from the displays of SC skill. As for the music, I think you should have a bit of variety. Power metal isn't everyone's thing, but it's totally up to you. I don't really know what would fit best. Maybe you can sneak in sound clips of Korean commentators yelling Plague-uh! or Reaver! Anyway, good luck! Be sure to post here when it's done, we'll all want to see it

+ Show Spoiler +
If you can make the "Plague-uh" in this clip fit in, it'll be awesome


+ Show Spoiler +
If you can make the "reavareavareava" from this clip in your movie, it'll be even more awesome

Force staff is the best item in the game.
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
October 24 2008 21:20 GMT
#5
This would be really cool.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-25 02:39:11
October 25 2008 02:38 GMT
#6
If it's well done, you know that they'll use it for the promotion of tsl 2.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
NuB.xE
Profile Joined September 2008
United States131 Posts
October 25 2008 03:20 GMT
#7
some nony defiantly
Pwnage
SirGlinG
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden933 Posts
October 25 2008 13:39 GMT
#8
u go girl!
Not my chair. Not my problem. That's what I say
NergalSC
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Poland186 Posts
October 25 2008 15:38 GMT
#9
Dunaj vs Horror was very pimp. I mean this proxy factory.
APO PANTOZ KAKODAIMONOZ
Stax
Profile Joined March 2008
Croatia121 Posts
October 25 2008 21:19 GMT
#10
Man, I would enjoy watching that. Sounds very interesting.
wo0py
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Netherlands922 Posts
October 26 2008 16:07 GMT
#11
Make it. we'll love it and watch it over and over and over!
We shouldnt recreate anger of the non-virtual world
Letalis
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Bulgaria180 Posts
October 26 2008 19:35 GMT
#12
Just let TSL players do the talking. I'll be watching it because of the cool moves, not the effects...so just focus at the action...please.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
October 27 2008 04:56 GMT
#13
Well that's what he said he was aiming for, hopefully it will be great :D
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
spetial
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States688 Posts
October 27 2008 07:57 GMT
#14
any of the songs from gorod - leading vision are good!
metal_survive @ uswest
Navane
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Netherlands2762 Posts
October 27 2008 11:04 GMT
#15
I have watched warsow ( a quake clone) movies where the creater had added multiple sound tracks. In VLC I could choose between like 5 audio channels.

This is important because if you don't like the music, you still want the sound effects. So besides the video editing you might consider to add a track with only the sound effects and multiple tracks with sound effects + music.

wo0py
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Netherlands922 Posts
October 27 2008 14:13 GMT
#16
Good one Navane. I would love to hear good music with it. Cos that is a great part of a good movie.
We shouldnt recreate anger of the non-virtual world
hymn
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Bulgaria832 Posts
October 27 2008 14:39 GMT
#17
Navane, that's a great idea actually.

I guess it's possible to add different music then. Like 2 sets of completely different styles. Say one is power metal and the other is I don't know. House music or smtg like it...

It has tons of potential.
azk he is the north american player but the titan he is the french stars
capek
Profile Joined September 2008
United States585 Posts
October 27 2008 18:51 GMT
#18
awesome.
i would love to see how jianfei earned his nickname and other stuff
Nylan
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States795 Posts
October 27 2008 23:10 GMT
#19
Red Alert's Hell March is always a classic
BeSt/Pure/Canata/Calm - I believe in Doh Jae Wook
Play
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia608 Posts
October 28 2008 08:58 GMT
#20
i'm sure there are some nice replays from the 9000+ replays released. Of course you can't watch them all, but you should get people to speak up if they know of a really awesome play/game.
jmascis
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1395
WardiTV603
OGKoka 211
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko384
OGKoka 211
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 9238
Bisu 3372
FanTaSy 2940
EffOrt 2435
Shuttle 2195
Jaedong 1096
actioN 825
Horang2 572
BeSt 485
Mini 250
[ Show more ]
Leta 186
Larva 167
Zeus 150
Dewaltoss 110
Barracks 97
Mind 91
soO 79
Mong 77
Snow 59
Sea.KH 54
ToSsGirL 50
JYJ 38
Sexy 35
sorry 35
Bale 31
Free 28
Shinee 27
Killer 26
Yoon 25
scan(afreeca) 23
Aegong 22
zelot 18
HiyA 15
Shine 12
Noble 9
Sacsri 8
yabsab 7
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3494
Dendi752
qojqva712
XaKoH 400
febbydoto0
Counter-Strike
x6flipin315
Other Games
singsing2726
olofmeister1347
Livibee1091
B2W.Neo770
crisheroes312
hiko310
XBOCT235
Pyrionflax232
dupreeh97
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick592
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1963
Other Games
• WagamamaTV173
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 30m
Replay Cast
10h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 30m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
22h 30m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.