• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:50
CEST 21:50
KST 04:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9670 users

[MSL] Berserker'd - Page 4

Forum Index > News
98 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
August 12 2009 14:34 GMT
#61
Hoping for Iris vs Jaedong finals


On August 12 2009 21:14 foeffa wrote:
Loved the 2Fac Shakur btw, very clever.

rip-off from my uswest nickname
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
GoSu
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Korea (South)1773 Posts
August 12 2009 14:37 GMT
#62
huge article again. nice reading.
#1 olleh KT 팬 http://sports.kt.com/ | #1 김택용 선수 팬 | 좋은 선수: 송병구, 이제동, 도제욱, 정명훈, 이성은 | KeSPA 한국 e-Sports 협회
NET
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States703 Posts
August 12 2009 15:14 GMT
#63
I guess I rather be Berserker'd then Hyuk'd.
"Dark Templar are the saviors of the Protoss Race." -Artosis
Sharp-eYe
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada642 Posts
August 12 2009 15:15 GMT
#64
LMAO at the level of fanboyism!
Iris is defintely going to win the MSL AND GOM, if he doesnt get cocky (and I doubt he wil, he has already experienced the feeling of a slump).

I believe Jaedong will either win or lose his matches in an extreme way, as he is emotionally torn apart right now. I agree that he will tear apart Calm, but then get owned by fantasy. As they say "3 is the lucky number."

Is it just me or it is getting almost impossible to calculate who is going to win. Bisu, despite Iris's hot streak was the favourite, and he loses in this fashion. Curse this non-bonjwa era!

If Jaedong wins both leagues, then I will personally consider him as great as NaDa, even if he goes into an uber *S-word* after these leagues forever.

/my 2 cents
Are you truly so blinded by your vaunted religion, that you can't see the fall ahead of you? - Zeratul III AKA WikidSik ingame (anygame)
ChaseR
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Norway1004 Posts
August 12 2009 15:35 GMT
#65
Awesome Article ~~
Life is not Fucking Fair and Society is not Fucking Logical - "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"
Badjas
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Netherlands2038 Posts
August 12 2009 16:04 GMT
#66
On August 13 2009 00:15 Sharp-eYe wrote:
LMAO at the level of fanboyism!
Iris is defintely going to win the MSL AND GOM, if he doesnt get cocky (and I doubt he wil, he has already experienced the feeling of a slump).

I wouldn't count Flash out that easily. I think Flash is even considered the favorite here. Although Iris is very hot right now.
I <3 the internet, I <3 you
sHade]DaLToN
Profile Joined January 2009
United States21 Posts
August 12 2009 19:25 GMT
#67
On August 13 2009 01:04 Badjas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2009 00:15 Sharp-eYe wrote:
LMAO at the level of fanboyism!
Iris is defintely going to win the MSL AND GOM, if he doesnt get cocky (and I doubt he wil, he has already experienced the feeling of a slump).

I wouldn't count Flash out that easily. I think Flash is even considered the favorite here. Although Iris is very hot right now.


From a pure performance standpoint Flash is absolutely the favorite in the GOM series. He is 10-0 in his last ten TvT with wins against Fantasy, Skyhigh, Leta, Iris and and Firebathero and 70% overall in this matchup. Although Iris is no slouch in TvT, he still loses the statistical battle easily. In addition, Iris has two leagues to worry about, whereas Flash only has one. That being said, Iris's aggressive style has the potential to counter Flash's greedy economic style, so we'll see.
Fisdj
Profile Joined July 2007
United States25 Posts
August 12 2009 20:04 GMT
#68
ROFL @ 2Fac Shakur and Kwanrolled LOL
2.niCe[BALLZ]
rA.Hippie
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Denmark714 Posts
August 12 2009 20:07 GMT
#69
Great writeup.
I'm really afraid that fantasy is gonna roll JD bad, but god damnit I hope he'll take it.
I love teh shisha.
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-12 20:15:24
August 12 2009 20:14 GMT
#70
Iris vs Calm, Fantasy vs Yarnc go.

These 2 terrans really deserve a gold.
ggaemo fan
Monsen
Profile Joined December 2002
Germany2548 Posts
August 12 2009 20:27 GMT
#71
To be honest, both Semis seem to be toss ups to me. All it takes for Jaedong to be the next Bon-Jouer, is strategical advice from someone like Boxer as his execution already is beyond perfection.
Too bad he doesn't have it, while Fantasy does.

I can't remember ever seeing Jaedong outplayed- outsmarted yes, like the second loss to Fantasy in PL.
The loss in his first game against Fantasy was his own fault, as his passive fast hive strategy gave the initiative away to Fantasy, something you rarely see from the Dong. So he was playing catch up against the absurd cost efficiency of SK terran with little economical advantage. Seems like even a bazillion scourged vessels are not enough to accomplish that.

On the other hand we've got the Semi vs Calm, which could very well be decided by Bo/scout luck.

Fingers crossed for Piratezerg to make it through both Semis- I feel he deserves it the most.
11 years and counting- TL #680
Fr33t
Profile Joined June 2008
United States1128 Posts
August 12 2009 20:31 GMT
#72
On August 12 2009 18:18 fanatacist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2009 17:19 Fr33t wrote:
On August 12 2009 12:50 fanatacist wrote:
On August 12 2009 12:34 Fr33t wrote:
The amount of bias against JD in this was just way too much, going to pass on finishing it.

Oh no the person writing my SC news has an opinion and tries to spice up the article by pointing out the 0-3 shortcomings of Jaedong in SPL finals, I will now turn off my monitor and cry.

BUT WAIT

Maybe if I make a post expressing my discontent, everything will be right for next time, when writers can just post the basic information of the game and not have a personality at all!

Haha..ha..what? Being anti-JD is a personality? lol k. I don't expect news posts to only be full of basic info and what not, it's just that I'm only ever used to seeing forum newbies posting "OMG JD LOST 0-3 HE'S TERRIBAD! SLUMMMPPP!" Not writers.

Do you even know how to read? Judging from your inability to realize that all news is generally like this is, I would have to say no.

Do I know how to read? Really? Hahaha your insults are so terrible. Can't wait for you T1 fanboys to sthu like you did after fantasy got owned the last OSL.
"Wow you could literally transport Lomo's face to a girl and the result would be pretty deceptive."
FireGuyX
Profile Joined February 2009
United States1712 Posts
August 12 2009 22:02 GMT
#73
I'm predicting either Iris vs Jaedong or Iris vs Calm. Kwanro beating Iris doesn't seem likely (although anything can happen) judging by Kwanro's performance against Miracle.
Flash, ForGG, and Movie fan.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
August 12 2009 23:33 GMT
#74
On August 13 2009 05:31 Fr33t wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2009 18:18 fanatacist wrote:
On August 12 2009 17:19 Fr33t wrote:
On August 12 2009 12:50 fanatacist wrote:
On August 12 2009 12:34 Fr33t wrote:
The amount of bias against JD in this was just way too much, going to pass on finishing it.

Oh no the person writing my SC news has an opinion and tries to spice up the article by pointing out the 0-3 shortcomings of Jaedong in SPL finals, I will now turn off my monitor and cry.

BUT WAIT

Maybe if I make a post expressing my discontent, everything will be right for next time, when writers can just post the basic information of the game and not have a personality at all!

Haha..ha..what? Being anti-JD is a personality? lol k. I don't expect news posts to only be full of basic info and what not, it's just that I'm only ever used to seeing forum newbies posting "OMG JD LOST 0-3 HE'S TERRIBAD! SLUMMMPPP!" Not writers.

Do you even know how to read? Judging from your inability to realize that all news is generally like this is, I would have to say no.

Do I know how to read? Really? Hahaha your insults are so terrible. Can't wait for you T1 fanboys to sthu like you did after fantasy got owned the last OSL.

What in this newspost is biased against Jaedong?
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Fr33t
Profile Joined June 2008
United States1128 Posts
August 13 2009 00:56 GMT
#75
Just how big a deal you are making out of his 0-3 in the GF and his zvz losses. His first loss to orion was just a great ling timing attack right before JD's mutas were coming out which he soundly defeated the very next match when effort attempted the same thing. His loss against hyuk was a straight up BO loss, which is still his fault for picking that build but doesn't say anything about his actual play. And in the final game fantasy just executed a brilliant, brilliant cheese. The only game of any merit to JD's actual play was his first game against fantasy and even that game could have gone either way.

To say that because of these games that JD has suddenly stopped being JD is a little ridiculous. Oh well, maybe you're right and JD will get destroyed in his upcoming matches. But as of right now, I would still consider him AT LEAST a contender against fantasy and not just another zerg scrub.
"Wow you could literally transport Lomo's face to a girl and the result would be pretty deceptive."
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
August 13 2009 01:09 GMT
#76
On August 13 2009 09:56 Fr33t wrote:
Just how big a deal you are making out of his 0-3 in the GF and his zvz losses. His first loss to orion was just a great ling timing attack right before JD's mutas were coming out which he soundly defeated the very next match when effort attempted the same thing. His loss against hyuk was a straight up BO loss, which is still his fault for picking that build but doesn't say anything about his actual play. And in the final game fantasy just executed a brilliant, brilliant cheese. The only game of any merit to JD's actual play was his first game against fantasy and even that game could have gone either way.

To say that because of these games that JD has suddenly stopped being JD is a little ridiculous. Oh well, maybe you're right and JD will get destroyed in his upcoming matches. But as of right now, I would still consider him AT LEAST a contender against fantasy and not just another zerg scrub.

I think you really need to re-read what I said...

I don't think I've ever said Jaedong is "just another Zerg scrub" and I predicted him to win against Calm. I never said he had no chance against Fantasy, but I believe Fantasy will beat him. Last week I wrote that he's far and away better than Effort and I've always said he's the best Proleague player.

As for "making a big deal about GF losses" of course you have to make a big deal about them, he lost 3 times on the most important stage of professional starcraft, proleague finals. He was the favorite and he lost several times. Am I just supposed to ignore that? Losing to Orion was Jaedong's fault and so was losing to Hyuk, and Fantasyx2.

You are reading too much into just a few negative words about him -- words he deserves because he lost 3 times in the GF.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
a-game
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Canada5214 Posts
August 13 2009 08:23 GMT
#77
nice write up, thank you
you wouldnt feel that way if it was *your* magical sword of mantouchery that got stolen - racebannon
anch
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States5457 Posts
August 13 2009 11:00 GMT
#78
On August 12 2009 08:37 Hot_Bid wrote:
But you don't forget how to ZvZ overnight. Losses to bad Zergs don't erase raw ZvZ ability. Jaedong will be angry, and his hands will still be fast. He won't be his old self, and he won't beat Fantasy, but he'll find a way against Calm. Cheer up Jaedong fans. Proleague wasn't meant to be, and repeat OSLs simply don't happen. One individual final is enough -- you can't have it all.

Jaedong, 3-1 Calm. 24 hours later, Jaedong, 1-3 Fantasy.

so good.
MutaDoom
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1163 Posts
August 13 2009 13:07 GMT
#79
On August 13 2009 05:31 Fr33t wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2009 18:18 fanatacist wrote:
On August 12 2009 17:19 Fr33t wrote:
On August 12 2009 12:50 fanatacist wrote:
On August 12 2009 12:34 Fr33t wrote:
The amount of bias against JD in this was just way too much, going to pass on finishing it.

Oh no the person writing my SC news has an opinion and tries to spice up the article by pointing out the 0-3 shortcomings of Jaedong in SPL finals, I will now turn off my monitor and cry.

BUT WAIT

Maybe if I make a post expressing my discontent, everything will be right for next time, when writers can just post the basic information of the game and not have a personality at all!

Haha..ha..what? Being anti-JD is a personality? lol k. I don't expect news posts to only be full of basic info and what not, it's just that I'm only ever used to seeing forum newbies posting "OMG JD LOST 0-3 HE'S TERRIBAD! SLUMMMPPP!" Not writers.

Do you even know how to read? Judging from your inability to realize that all news is generally like this is, I would have to say no.

Do I know how to read? Really? Hahaha your insults are so terrible. Can't wait for you T1 fanboys to sthu like you did after fantasy got owned the last OSL.

Could this be some Oz fanboyism coming out? Don't get me wrong, I am a major fanboy of Hwaseung and all it's players(I liquibet HiyA or Killer over Bisu any day ), but you can't just ignore the facts. He wasn't being biased, he was really just throwing down proven facts. LJD lost bad in the GF. I personally think he'll come back from it with a vengeance, and destroy both leagues, but it's not far fetched to think he won't, not by any means.
minggx
Profile Joined July 2009
Singapore14 Posts
August 13 2009 13:29 GMT
#80
Jaedong is too tired. Anyway Calm's victory (3:1) today is not surprise, noting how he overwhelmed EffOrt in 3:0.
Stork;smile to the life
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 538
UpATreeSC 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1012
Dewaltoss 126
firebathero 85
Zeus 67
Trap 41
910 41
Bale 26
NaDa 23
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 15
Dota 2
Gorgc6653
420jenkins216
monkeys_forever21
Counter-Strike
edward739
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS141
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2201
Other Games
summit1g5245
Grubby2724
B2W.Neo729
Beastyqt675
byalli420
shahzam395
KnowMe161
C9.Mang0148
TKL 140
ToD23
Railgan17
Chillindude12
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV272
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur305
• WagamamaTV268
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 10m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 10m
Stellar Fest
17h 10m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.