• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:03
CEST 05:03
KST 12:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6995 users

Liquipedia Starcraft Wiki Released! - Page 10

Forum Index > News
239 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-08 15:46:15
June 08 2009 15:45 GMT
#181
I think this will honestly improve the lower level of play in the foreign community. I already am using it to find definite build orders of strats I used to not know how to do.
Liquid | SKT
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
June 08 2009 15:51 GMT
#182
On June 09 2009 00:45 DamageControL wrote:
I think this will honestly improve the lower level of play in the foreign community. I already am using it to find definite build orders of strats I used to not know how to do.


I cannot help you if you use additional information to make your play worse >.> I don't think any resource can help you if this is true.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-08 15:53:45
June 08 2009 15:53 GMT
#183
On June 09 2009 00:14 Hammy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2009 11:36 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
Please Please Please read this:

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Liquipedia:Style_Guide

If you could write up something appropriate and put this in the op plexa, that would be amazing. I'm already seeing things that are too much trouble to correct, so i'm not approving the changes


Just a detail, but it would be great if there were some reference of all abreviations in this post (or a link to a page where there are all the references). That way we can get things straight.

For example:
Show nested quote +
Common denominations for upgraded Units may be used, but sparingly: Speed upgraded Zealots --> Speedzeals, Speed upgraded Zerglings --> Speedlings, and so on. However only in contexts where that upgrade bears importance! (e.g. in the +1 Speedzeal article)

I don't think I've ever seen Speedzeals, but rather Speedlots (which is also in conformity with the Speedlings abreviations). And some other abreviations are less obvious, like cracklings etc...
Just my two cents



I'm actually not sure how we fix this, because we don't have a piece on any of the unit pages about "unit abbreviations". Have any suggestions?
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
June 08 2009 15:57 GMT
#184
The greatet thing about this is that everyone can contribute, even the smallest bits and pieces help
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Murdoink
Profile Joined March 2009
Chile1219 Posts
June 08 2009 15:59 GMT
#185
Coolest thing ever
SNARF HWAITING
eci
Profile Joined July 2008
Germany45 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-08 16:04:11
June 08 2009 16:02 GMT
#186
first i was a little sceptic, cause do we need "yet another strategy guide"?
But hey, the content already included seams to be as good as _good_ wikipedia articles, well done,
keep up the good quality!
if i can meet the standards, i'll need to put somethin in on my own : )

*bookmarked*
Vorwaerts!
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
June 08 2009 16:09 GMT
#187
On June 09 2009 00:51 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2009 00:45 DamageControL wrote:
I think this will honestly improve the lower level of play in the foreign community. I already am using it to find definite build orders of strats I used to not know how to do.


I cannot help you if you use additional information to make your play worse >.> I don't think any resource can help you if this is true.

Well, I mean, this is so much easier to use than the strat forum and so many people use TL that this will make us that much closer on the lower levels to lower level koreans.
Liquid | SKT
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
June 08 2009 16:20 GMT
#188
On June 09 2009 01:09 DamageControL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2009 00:51 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On June 09 2009 00:45 DamageControL wrote:
I think this will honestly improve the lower level of play in the foreign community. I already am using it to find definite build orders of strats I used to not know how to do.


I cannot help you if you use additional information to make your play worse >.> I don't think any resource can help you if this is true.

Well, I mean, this is so much easier to use than the strat forum and so many people use TL that this will make us that much closer on the lower levels to lower level koreans.


oh nevermind, sorry, I was confused.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
MutaDoom
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1163 Posts
June 08 2009 16:25 GMT
#189
To Quirinus, wherever you may be:
Well done on adding the damage to the info boxes, that would have taken a fair amount of time. People like you, and the staff for their constant work of course, are what will make Liquipedia great.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
June 08 2009 17:05 GMT
#190
On June 09 2009 01:20 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2009 01:09 DamageControL wrote:
On June 09 2009 00:51 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On June 09 2009 00:45 DamageControL wrote:
I think this will honestly improve the lower level of play in the foreign community. I already am using it to find definite build orders of strats I used to not know how to do.


I cannot help you if you use additional information to make your play worse >.> I don't think any resource can help you if this is true.

Well, I mean, this is so much easier to use than the strat forum and so many people use TL that this will make us that much closer on the lower levels to lower level koreans.


oh nevermind, sorry, I was confused.

Yea I was wondering wtf you were talking about haha
Moderator
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
June 08 2009 17:21 GMT
#191
On June 09 2009 02:05 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2009 01:20 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On June 09 2009 01:09 DamageControL wrote:
On June 09 2009 00:51 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On June 09 2009 00:45 DamageControL wrote:
I think this will honestly improve the lower level of play in the foreign community. I already am using it to find definite build orders of strats I used to not know how to do.


I cannot help you if you use additional information to make your play worse >.> I don't think any resource can help you if this is true.

Well, I mean, this is so much easier to use than the strat forum and so many people use TL that this will make us that much closer on the lower levels to lower level koreans.


oh nevermind, sorry, I was confused.

Yea I was wondering wtf you were talking about haha


too much liquipedia +studying for finals messing with my head.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
June 08 2009 17:23 GMT
#192
I usually avoid posting in the strategy forum because I'm not sure my advice will be good, so I will probably not make too many edits related to strategy/builds on Liquipedia either. From what I have browsed so far, it looks amazing though.

If I see typos or other writing errors that I think I can fix though, I will make those changes asap :D
I love this already lol.
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-08 17:29:10
June 08 2009 17:26 GMT
#193
On June 09 2009 02:21 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2009 02:05 Chill wrote:
On June 09 2009 01:20 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On June 09 2009 01:09 DamageControL wrote:
On June 09 2009 00:51 GHOSTCLAW wrote:
On June 09 2009 00:45 DamageControL wrote:
I think this will honestly improve the lower level of play in the foreign community. I already am using it to find definite build orders of strats I used to not know how to do.


I cannot help you if you use additional information to make your play worse >.> I don't think any resource can help you if this is true.

Well, I mean, this is so much easier to use than the strat forum and so many people use TL that this will make us that much closer on the lower levels to lower level koreans.


oh nevermind, sorry, I was confused.

Yea I was wondering wtf you were talking about haha


too much liquipedia +studying for finals messing with my head.

Haha man my head is also bloated from having been studying for 7 hours now.
I reread your and DamageControls post like 3 times, trying to make sense out of it, just like 20 minutes ago I reread a paragraph about the biochemical aspects of myasthenia gravis like a gazillion times.
Good to see that it wasn't me being too stupid to get it this time ^^

Ok TL break is over, gotta go back to studying now ^^
beep boop
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
June 08 2009 17:36 GMT
#194
Argh, this is too awesome. I will spend way more time browsing Liquipedia than is healthy for me.

Maybe I'll try to contribute as well
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10090 Posts
June 08 2009 17:47 GMT
#195
sick
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
June 08 2009 18:01 GMT
#196
The unit pages are missing the attack type (concussive, explosive, normal).

Still, really nice! Looking forward to this growing
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
MutaDoom
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1163 Posts
June 08 2009 18:24 GMT
#197
On June 09 2009 03:01 Chef wrote:
The unit pages are missing the attack type (concussive, explosive, normal).

Still, really nice! Looking forward to this growing


Touche, I never thought about that.
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
June 08 2009 18:36 GMT
#198
There's a lot of work to be done, it seems.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
June 08 2009 18:38 GMT
#199
yeah
Wikis are never finished anyway
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
ReiKo
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Croatia1023 Posts
June 08 2009 19:01 GMT
#200
Hello, can someone explain me this please :

If you see here http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&limit=500 beside each name of user who contibuted by adding content to Liquipedia has : "(+ some points)" :

What are those points and where we can see how much we have them? What is their purpose?

Thank you.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech143
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17204
Rain 1539
GuemChi 577
NaDa 23
Bale 17
sSak 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever469
NeuroSwarm209
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
summit1g7339
taco 580
minikerr42
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1075
Mew2King99
Other Games
JimRising 612
WinterStarcraft573
C9.Mang0177
ViBE110
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1015
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 171
• davetesta29
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo482
• Stunt300
Other Games
• Scarra883
• Shiphtur504
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 57m
INu's Battles
7h 57m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 57m
OSC
19h 12m
Replay Cast
19h 57m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.