• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:42
CEST 07:42
KST 14:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7788 users

[WL] I Want You Back

Forum Index > News
37 CommentsPost a Reply
Normal

[WL] I Want You Back

Text byFzero
February 26th, 2009 16:51 GMT
[image loading]


I Want You Back


Overall Standings
[image loading]




+ Show Spoiler [Lyrics] +
When I had you to myself
I didn't want you around
Those pretty faces always made you stand out in a crowd
But someone picked you from the bunch
when glance was all it took
Now it's much too late for me to take a second look

Oh baby give me one more chance
(show you that I love you)
Won't you please let me
(back to your heart)
Oh darlin' I was blind to let you go
Now since I see you in his arms
(I want you back)
oh oh yeah yeah
(I want you back)
Ooh ooh baby yeah
(I want you back)
yeah yeah yeah yeah
(I want you back)
oh oh darlin

Tryin' to live without your love
Is one long sleepless night
Let me show you girl
That I know wrong from right
Every street you walk on
I leave tearstains on the ground
Following the girl
I didn't even want around

Oh baby give me one more chance
(show you that I love you)
Won't you please let me
(back to your heart)
Oh darlin' I was blind to let you go
Now since I see you in his arms
(I want you back)
oh oh yeah yeah
(I want you back)
Ooh ooh baby yeah
(I want you back)
oh oh na na
(I want you back)

I want you back (7x)

All i want
All i need
All i want now
Baby i want you back
baby yeah yeah

Oh baby I was blind to let you go
Won't you please let me
(back to your heart)
Oh baby give one more chance
show you that I love you
But now since I see you in his arms

(I want you back)
oh oh yeah yeah
(I want you back)
Ooh ooh baby
(I want you back)
oh oh yeah yeah
(I want you back)


2009 Shinhan Bank Winners League


Dragons. Do you cringe or smile when you hear that word now? 2008 seemingly changed the face of Professional Starcraft in Korea. Whether or not you love the six dragons, it is clear that 2008 was a year of evolution. The scene was forced to change and new heroes were called upon. Flash, Jaedong, and even sAviOr have come to such a high level over the past few months simply because of the strength of the competition. Much of that is because of those six dragons. The face of them all? Bisu. It's nice to have you back, buddy.


This Week at a Glance
[image loading]



As you can see, no one had a great week. There wasn't one particularly moving set of games played in the last 5 days. Stars won both their matches, but not convincingly and not in the manner anyone would have guessed. Another flash in the pan, Piano. Great, more inconsistent Terrans sniping our favorite stars. Well, what can you do -- right? Bisu managed to win 6 games for his team this week out of the 7 they won. JangBi is desperately trying to carry Khan on his back into the playoffs. hyvaa kept eSTRO from being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. No such luck for MBC or ACE, although Sea showed a little of his PL form. The next two weeks are going to be verrrrrry interesting as there are 7-8 teams in the mix for the playoffs. CJ and Lecaf are in, MBC and ACE are out.. the rest? Well -- It's about time to find out.


[image loading]


I did not find the matches very exciting this week. CJ had some good ones, and watching Bisu hit the ELO peak was nice. Will it last? Can he do it again? I really hope so. I'm not a fan of Terran dominance, in general. I love Flash because he just.. stomps on you. In time we'll be able to see if anyone can break away from the pack. Pikachu zerg looks like he wants to get his 15 minutes of fame. Could it be more? There are so many strong players out there right now it is hard to understand how he ever wins to be honest. Not that I'm complaining. Entertaining games didn't come around too much this week, but as the playoffs near I'm hoping the pressure builds. Oh, and don't send out EffOrt on Medusa against Bisu. Are you trying to end his career?


[image loading]



Balance. Oh my god. The TvT at least partially stopped. Somehow the games weren't any better than last week, though. I'm guessing players are starting to really practice for the starleagues and aren't showing their best performances in the WL anymore. Rush Hour 3 continues to shit on anyone not playing Terran. I think without Bisu and JangBi accounted for half of the protoss wins this week. Ace had four or five of them. Which leaves Stork and... no one else. Kind of sad for them. Nice for the zergs, though! I'm loving their play at the moment. I expect we'll see some zerg dominance in the early rounds of the starleagues as well which are coming up soon. So far the trend seems to be T > P, P = Z, Z > T. Not too great for protoss, to be sure. It really makes Bisu's mini-revival this week rather impressive.


Players of the Week

Game 5 of MBC v KTF
(T)Light < Destination> (Z)HoeJJa


Light's Overall Record: 9-5


Game 7 of Khan v CJ:
(Z)EffOrt < Destination > (P)JangBi


JangBi's Overall Record: 11-4


Game 2 of OGN v SKT1:
(T)Leta < Andromeda > (P)Bisu


Bisu's Overall Record: 12-5


Game 7 of STX v eSTRO:
(T)Hwasin < Andromeda > (Z)hyvaa


hyvaa's Overall Record: 14-6


Game 6 of OGN v Khan:
(P)JangBi < Sin Chupung Ryeong > (T)Leta


JangBi's Overall Record: 11-4


+ Show Spoiler [Okay, two more..] +
Game 4 of Khan v CJ:
(Z)Kwanro < Tau Cross > (P)Stork


Stork's Overall Record: 5-7


Game 4 of STX v eSTRO:
(Z)Calm < Rush Hour 3 > (P)SangHo


Calm's Overall Record: 3-4


Since there were really only seven games worth watching this week, I decided to show them all. We don't have much WL left, so drink that milkshake while it still lasts. I'm thinking the next two weeks are going to blow us away, so I hope everyone has prepared to stay up and watch them. It's time for the big boys to come out and prove their worth. WL is coming to a close, and the fans are hungry for more.

Check out Proleague Updates!! for more information about Winner's League. See you next week!
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
February 28 2009 01:51 GMT
#2
great work as usual Fzero!
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
RoieTRS
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2569 Posts
February 28 2009 02:01 GMT
#3
nice
konadora, in Racenilatr's blog: "you need to stop thinking about starcraft or anything computer-related for that matter. It's becoming a bad addiction imo"
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
February 28 2009 02:03 GMT
#4
What has Flash been doing?
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Makhno
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Sweden585 Posts
February 28 2009 02:04 GMT
#5
Good analysis of the games this week, nothing special but still the beginning of the end and the promise of a fight to the death for the four lowest playoff places. Nice job!
"If I think, everything is lost"
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
February 28 2009 02:19 GMT
#6
I still think Hyvaa vs Hwasin was the best game of the week. Gotta agree that this week wasn't that exciting, skimmed through most of the VODs =.="

Can't believe Bisu's the only one carrying SKT1. If SKT1 hadn't bought over Bisu at that time... *shivers*
POGGERS
Loanshark
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
China3094 Posts
February 28 2009 02:32 GMT
#7
On February 28 2009 11:19 konadora wrote:
I still think Hyvaa vs Hwasin was the best game of the week. Gotta agree that this week wasn't that exciting, skimmed through most of the VODs =.="

Can't believe Bisu's the only one carrying SKT1. If SKT1 hadn't bought over Bisu at that time... *shivers*


Oh man can you imagine an MBCGame bisu?
No dough, no go. And no mercy.
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
February 28 2009 02:36 GMT
#8
Every so often there's just such spectacular PvT play that it's the "standard" of perfect PvT for the moment. I thought Flash versus Bisu on Medusa during GOM was one of those games, I also thought that this week's Leta versus Bisu was another standard. It's like both of those players had map hack on.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
February 28 2009 02:42 GMT
#9
Wait, so there's a playoffs for just the WL? I thought the WL just composes of one round of the overall PL. Perhaps someone who knows the details can explain how it's working this year?
Meh
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
February 28 2009 03:16 GMT
#10
GJ FZero!
✌
ambit!ous1
Profile Joined September 2007
United States3662 Posts
February 28 2009 03:16 GMT
#11
nice read! thanks Fzero!
Bisu[Shield] / ♔ SoYeon
Dgtl
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada889 Posts
February 28 2009 03:18 GMT
#12
On February 28 2009 11:03 Zoler wrote:
What has Flash been doing?

Losing 1 game and winning 7 that's what he has been doing.
^______________^
onihunter
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States515 Posts
February 28 2009 03:27 GMT
#13
Awesome job! The stats and commentary were a good read.
jaedong forever~
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
February 28 2009 03:30 GMT
#14
Great writeup, particularly enjoyed the BisuVSLeta game.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Malongo
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Chile3479 Posts
February 28 2009 03:37 GMT
#15
good recap, this wl is destroying protoss everywhere.
Help me! im still improving my English. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. M. G.
ZidaneTribal
Profile Joined September 2007
United States2800 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-28 03:40:40
February 28 2009 03:40 GMT
#16
hyuk and bisu are on the same team, so they cant really play each other on medusa on a televised game. in WL*
fuck lag
AzureEye
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1360 Posts
February 28 2009 03:50 GMT
#17
how can you say the current trend is Z>T when Mech T has been demolishing Z's recently? 66% Win rate is not something to scoff at
Terrans who whine: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=107788
F91
Profile Joined December 2008
New Zealand77 Posts
February 28 2009 04:09 GMT
#18
damn i hate bisu T_T
fong0r is a infested terran in disguise
Ozarugold
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
2716 Posts
February 28 2009 04:38 GMT
#19
Bisu hitting a new ELO peak is insane. I love starcraft~
this is my quote.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
February 28 2009 05:30 GMT
#20
On February 28 2009 12:50 AzureEye wrote:
how can you say the current trend is Z>T when Mech T has been demolishing Z's recently? 66% Win rate is not something to scoff at


What are you talking about?

I haven't seen a T go mech in quite awhile unless it's UpMagiC.. and he lost with it. It's reverting back to Bio quite evidently.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
R3condite
Profile Joined August 2008
Korea (South)1541 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-28 06:14:12
February 28 2009 06:09 GMT
#21
for leta vs jangbi

wtff throw some scans once in a while? jeez... always waiting for the vessel to give detection....

On February 28 2009 11:36 thunk wrote:
Every so often there's just such spectacular PvT play that it's the "standard" of perfect PvT for the moment. I thought Flash versus Bisu on Medusa during GOM was one of those games, I also thought that this week's Leta versus Bisu was another standard. It's like both of those players had map hack on.


definitly.. it wasn't just SOME map hack it was GOSU map hack
ggyo...
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7077 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-28 07:34:49
February 28 2009 07:32 GMT
#22
On February 28 2009 11:32 Loanshark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2009 11:19 konadora wrote:
I still think Hyvaa vs Hwasin was the best game of the week. Gotta agree that this week wasn't that exciting, skimmed through most of the VODs =.="

Can't believe Bisu's the only one carrying SKT1. If SKT1 hadn't bought over Bisu at that time... *shivers*


Oh man can you imagine an MBCGame bisu?

Eh? MBC is a terrible team right now, I don't see how Bisu would be better there.
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
February 28 2009 08:04 GMT
#23
I love you bisu
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Fzero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1503 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-28 15:03:21
February 28 2009 15:01 GMT
#24
On February 28 2009 12:40 ZidaneTribal wrote:
hyuk and bisu are on the same team, so they cant really play each other on medusa on a televised game. in WL*


Thanks, it was supposed to be EffOrt.

On February 28 2009 12:50 AzureEye wrote:
how can you say the current trend is Z>T when Mech T has been demolishing Z's recently? 66% Win rate is not something to scoff at


The overall statistics aren't as close as this week's.

On February 28 2009 11:42 baubo wrote:
Wait, so there's a playoffs for just the WL? I thought the WL just composes of one round of the overall PL. Perhaps someone who knows the details can explain how it's working this year?


From what I understand, there is a WL playoff and an overall playoff. The WL playoff is only WL standings, the overall playoff COUNTS the WL stats and the 4 PL stats.
Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
February 28 2009 18:56 GMT
#25
New ELO peak, WL dominance... Bisu fucking rules.
Peace~
MutaDoom
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1163 Posts
February 28 2009 20:41 GMT
#26
Good work FZero.
Oh, and I smile when I hear that word. I may be a Z fan, and P is my least favorite race, I'm not a Bisu fan in the slightest, but it's good to see some of the others getting out of their funk. Oh, and JangBi's a monster, he's what nightmares are made of.
Never...
Profile Joined February 2009
15 Posts
February 28 2009 21:44 GMT
#27
Nice article!
I can't wait watching Bisu vs JD.
radiumz0rz
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States253 Posts
February 28 2009 22:47 GMT
#28
On February 28 2009 14:30 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2009 12:50 AzureEye wrote:
how can you say the current trend is Z>T when Mech T has been demolishing Z's recently? 66% Win rate is not something to scoff at


What are you talking about?

I haven't seen a T go mech in quite awhile unless it's UpMagiC.. and he lost with it. It's reverting back to Bio quite evidently.


I think its because Z's have really caught on what to counter with and how to prevent the mech blob from hitting critical mass!
Berkeley '10
iNfeRnaL *
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Germany1908 Posts
March 01 2009 00:08 GMT
#29
nice written!
maximg
Profile Joined June 2008
Israel10 Posts
March 01 2009 00:09 GMT
#30
On March 01 2009 06:44 Never... wrote:
Nice article!
I can't wait watching Bisu vs JD.

I am sure Bisu takes it
JD lost him in OZ vs T1 recently
He looks really not in form
I love this game
iNfeRnaL *
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Germany1908 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-01 00:40:22
March 01 2009 00:40 GMT
#31
And you came to that conclusion by watching one game?
Great analyzing skills, congratulations.
Jawa~
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States291 Posts
March 01 2009 05:51 GMT
#32
Excellent Writeup.
BanZu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3329 Posts
March 01 2009 07:18 GMT
#33
On March 01 2009 09:40 iNfeRnaL wrote:
And you came to that conclusion by watching one game?
Great analyzing skills, congratulations.

What's with the sarcasm? You sound so bitter over something so trivial.

Maybe because...

IT'S THE TRUTH?
Sun Tzu once said, "Defiler becomes useless at the presences of a vessel."
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
March 01 2009 11:58 GMT
#34
bisu r want game 5 back lawl
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
boxxyownz
Profile Joined February 2009
United States103 Posts
March 01 2009 13:38 GMT
#35
On March 01 2009 16:18 BanZu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2009 09:40 iNfeRnaL wrote:
And you came to that conclusion by watching one game?
Great analyzing skills, congratulations.

What's with the sarcasm? You sound so bitter over something so trivial.

Maybe because...

IT'S THE TRUTH?

lol, good analyzing indeed.
zzz
Person514cs
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
1004 Posts
March 02 2009 05:26 GMT
#36
Firebathero is getting owned in this WL format.
Peace and love, for ever.
Vex
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Ireland454 Posts
March 02 2009 10:54 GMT
#37
Awsum writeup :D thx
"Bonjwa" is the most retarded word ever. Wtf does it even sound like.
Metaspace
Profile Joined November 2006
Austria670 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-02 12:35:23
March 02 2009 12:33 GMT
#38
Poor HoeJJa. For me exactly what is frustrating sometimes about ZvT.

You are aggressive, have the initiative, win one battle after the other, are ahead the whole time, and then one mistake (or bad luck, in this case, when Light managed to irradiate a bunch of scourge after a lucky scan), and you lose.

Wir haben zuwenig Vespingas!
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 114
Nina 109
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2102
HiyA 449
Mong 156
Shinee 73
sorry 47
NotJumperer 19
Noble 14
Bale 13
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1251
NeuroSwarm164
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Reynor72
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 784
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft643
Other Games
summit1g6964
C9.Mang0318
PiGStarcraft210
ArmadaUGS37
RuFF_SC228
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick574
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream416
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2180
League of Legends
• Lourlo1290
• Rush1190
• Stunt515
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 18m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 18m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.