• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:17
CEST 16:17
KST 23:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9861 users

[Code S] RO8 - Day Two Recap - Page 5

Forum Index > News
107 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
teamhozac
Profile Joined April 2012
404 Posts
May 05 2012 15:55 GMT
#81
On May 05 2012 19:06 HaXXspetten wrote:
A PartinG/Squirtle finals seems all but assured right now... which would put me in a weird situation; I've cheered my heart out for both of them from the get-go of this season's Code S, and it's been two very good choices this time around. Problem being that if they now both make the finals... I don't want either to lose, and I don't know who I like the most -.-

I mean, PartinG has a more inspirational playstyle, yet I kinda feel that it would be a bit sad if Squirtle would hop on the Kong line and get second place again after IPL. Whatever happens I hope the loser won't take it too hard, I want them both back in their highest throttle in next season's Code S.

Predicting:
(P)PartinG 3-0 (T)Mvp
(P)Squirtle 3-1 (P)HerO

(P)Squirtle 4-2 (P)PartinG


An all kill against MVP? Youre nuts
MrF
Profile Joined October 2011
United States320 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-05 16:57:10
May 05 2012 16:55 GMT
#82
yeah i think people are getting a little ahead of themselves, one tournament results doesnt really mean all that much, yeah protoss are dominating in this one gsl that doesnt mean terran is "figured out" or that protoss is OP, it just means that there are alot of really good protoss and this season they are flexin a bit. Lets wait a little before calling anything OP. I mean i swear some people will watch one game and say that whoever won was clearly OP, these things happen its a crapshoot out there with all thes players being so highly skilled. Also i am one who believes that its the skill of the player that makes a champ not the game balance.
...ps GO SQUIRTLE PROTOSS CHAMP wutwut
HunterXHunter is awesome
INTOtheVOID
Profile Joined January 2012
United States225 Posts
May 05 2012 20:06 GMT
#83
GOGO Mvp, stomp the tossers. If it has the be a P, then gogo Squirtle.
Pink Floyd's music is like a beautiful girl walking down the street who won't talk to you.
Mouzone
Profile Joined April 2011
3937 Posts
May 06 2012 00:11 GMT
#84
On May 06 2012 01:55 MrF wrote:
yeah i think people are getting a little ahead of themselves, one tournament results doesnt really mean all that much, yeah protoss are dominating in this one gsl that doesnt mean terran is "figured out" or that protoss is OP, it just means that there are alot of really good protoss and this season they are flexin a bit. Lets wait a little before calling anything OP. I mean i swear some people will watch one game and say that whoever won was clearly OP, these things happen its a crapshoot out there with all thes players being so highly skilled. Also i am one who believes that its the skill of the player that makes a champ not the game balance.
...ps GO SQUIRTLE PROTOSS CHAMP wutwut


Agreed. It's going in waves. Last season zerg was the dominating race. The season before that terran. It all evens out.
firehand101
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3152 Posts
May 06 2012 00:53 GMT
#85
I love watching hero him, stephano, polt, MKP, MVP are all amazing to watch first person veiw
The opinions expressed by our users do not reflect the official position of TeamLiquid.net or its staff.
Acidosis
Profile Joined April 2011
United States172 Posts
May 06 2012 04:17 GMT
#86
as much as I want HerO to be the champion, chances are looking slim for him. PartinG is the sure winner vs Mvp and Squirtle PvP is no walkover. Startale final? last season had a MvP final, this could be the trend.
“The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win.” -BK
ChoDing
Profile Joined November 2009
United States740 Posts
May 06 2012 05:06 GMT
#87
i smell MVP vs Squirtle final

oh yes Parting is PvT specialist...but im sure MVP will figure something out :D
관광 since 2008. Master of Cheese. God of Heartbreak Ridge.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
May 06 2012 05:36 GMT
#88
On May 06 2012 00:55 teamhozac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 19:06 HaXXspetten wrote:
A PartinG/Squirtle finals seems all but assured right now... which would put me in a weird situation; I've cheered my heart out for both of them from the get-go of this season's Code S, and it's been two very good choices this time around. Problem being that if they now both make the finals... I don't want either to lose, and I don't know who I like the most -.-

I mean, PartinG has a more inspirational playstyle, yet I kinda feel that it would be a bit sad if Squirtle would hop on the Kong line and get second place again after IPL. Whatever happens I hope the loser won't take it too hard, I want them both back in their highest throttle in next season's Code S.

Predicting:
(P)PartinG 3-0 (T)Mvp
(P)Squirtle 3-1 (P)HerO

(P)Squirtle 4-2 (P)PartinG


An all kill against MVP? Youre nuts

Why? It's fricking PartinGvT we're talking about, and it's Mvp's worst matchup, plus that he's injured. After convincingly beating Polt/ForGG/TheStC/MarineKing, I have a hard time seeing Mvp be a threat. Ok sure, he might take a game off of him the same way he did against NaNi, but PartinG plays way safer than NaNi does, not to mention that he'll be prepared for it after watching the Mvp/NaNi VOD's... and once it gets to the late game, Mvp won't stand a chance.

I'm sorry all you Terran fans, but I see very little hope for Mvp here. Then again, he's the most accomplished SC2 player thus far, so you can never count him out... but I don't think that will matter this time around.
masakenji
Profile Joined November 2011
Australia415 Posts
May 06 2012 08:54 GMT
#89
damn, if only parting was a foreigner >:D
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
May 06 2012 09:57 GMT
#90
On May 06 2012 17:54 masakenji wrote:
damn, if only parting was a foreigner >:D

if you start thinking like that in general you'll end up very depressed
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
May 06 2012 17:25 GMT
#91
On May 06 2012 14:36 HaXXspetten wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2012 00:55 teamhozac wrote:
On May 05 2012 19:06 HaXXspetten wrote:
A PartinG/Squirtle finals seems all but assured right now... which would put me in a weird situation; I've cheered my heart out for both of them from the get-go of this season's Code S, and it's been two very good choices this time around. Problem being that if they now both make the finals... I don't want either to lose, and I don't know who I like the most -.-

I mean, PartinG has a more inspirational playstyle, yet I kinda feel that it would be a bit sad if Squirtle would hop on the Kong line and get second place again after IPL. Whatever happens I hope the loser won't take it too hard, I want them both back in their highest throttle in next season's Code S.

Predicting:
(P)PartinG 3-0 (T)Mvp
(P)Squirtle 3-1 (P)HerO

(P)Squirtle 4-2 (P)PartinG


An all kill against MVP? Youre nuts

Why? It's fricking PartinGvT we're talking about, and it's Mvp's worst matchup, plus that he's injured. After convincingly beating Polt/ForGG/TheStC/MarineKing, I have a hard time seeing Mvp be a threat. Ok sure, he might take a game off of him the same way he did against NaNi, but PartinG plays way safer than NaNi does, not to mention that he'll be prepared for it after watching the Mvp/NaNi VOD's... and once it gets to the late game, Mvp won't stand a chance.

I'm sorry all you Terran fans, but I see very little hope for Mvp here. Then again, he's the most accomplished SC2 player thus far, so you can never count him out... but I don't think that will matter this time around.

A champion can never be ruled out. I know your analysis is very objective, and I ag ree with every single one of your points.

But a champ's a champ. He's got the heart of a winner, and that can take you really far in any competitive discipline!!

Go MVP!! Don't rule him out like that
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
May 06 2012 18:29 GMT
#92
On May 07 2012 02:25 mordk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2012 14:36 HaXXspetten wrote:
On May 06 2012 00:55 teamhozac wrote:
On May 05 2012 19:06 HaXXspetten wrote:
A PartinG/Squirtle finals seems all but assured right now... which would put me in a weird situation; I've cheered my heart out for both of them from the get-go of this season's Code S, and it's been two very good choices this time around. Problem being that if they now both make the finals... I don't want either to lose, and I don't know who I like the most -.-

I mean, PartinG has a more inspirational playstyle, yet I kinda feel that it would be a bit sad if Squirtle would hop on the Kong line and get second place again after IPL. Whatever happens I hope the loser won't take it too hard, I want them both back in their highest throttle in next season's Code S.

Predicting:
(P)PartinG 3-0 (T)Mvp
(P)Squirtle 3-1 (P)HerO

(P)Squirtle 4-2 (P)PartinG


An all kill against MVP? Youre nuts

Why? It's fricking PartinGvT we're talking about, and it's Mvp's worst matchup, plus that he's injured. After convincingly beating Polt/ForGG/TheStC/MarineKing, I have a hard time seeing Mvp be a threat. Ok sure, he might take a game off of him the same way he did against NaNi, but PartinG plays way safer than NaNi does, not to mention that he'll be prepared for it after watching the Mvp/NaNi VOD's... and once it gets to the late game, Mvp won't stand a chance.

I'm sorry all you Terran fans, but I see very little hope for Mvp here. Then again, he's the most accomplished SC2 player thus far, so you can never count him out... but I don't think that will matter this time around.

A champion can never be ruled out. I know your analysis is very objective, and I ag ree with every single one of your points.

But a champ's a champ. He's got the heart of a winner, and that can take you really far in any competitive discipline!!

Go MVP!! Don't rule him out like that

I never "ruled him out", just saying that he's a huge underdog this time around.
Giga
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United Kingdom114 Posts
May 06 2012 23:47 GMT
#93
Hard to believe there could be a pvp final x.x
은하
KaiserCommander
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico290 Posts
May 07 2012 03:20 GMT
#94
I know HerO is bad at PvP, I know that MVP is injured and fighting a PvT specialist but I will be very very very glad seeing a HerO versus MVP finals with HerO getting the crown...
Jinro, Polt, Bomber, ForGG, MajOr, Flash, Maru. Terran Fighting...
Tiegrr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States607 Posts
May 07 2012 05:38 GMT
#95
PvP Finals. Oh god.
j1nzo
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany367 Posts
May 07 2012 10:51 GMT
#96
i would'a loved to see mvp vs. parting in the finals...
but i guess i'm indifferent between either of them.
however i hope that hero makes it to his first gsl finals!
♞ rest in peace Madiba ♞
Strawburry17
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia130 Posts
May 07 2012 13:36 GMT
#97
On May 06 2012 14:36 HaXXspetten wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2012 00:55 teamhozac wrote:
On May 05 2012 19:06 HaXXspetten wrote:
A PartinG/Squirtle finals seems all but assured right now... which would put me in a weird situation; I've cheered my heart out for both of them from the get-go of this season's Code S, and it's been two very good choices this time around. Problem being that if they now both make the finals... I don't want either to lose, and I don't know who I like the most -.-

I mean, PartinG has a more inspirational playstyle, yet I kinda feel that it would be a bit sad if Squirtle would hop on the Kong line and get second place again after IPL. Whatever happens I hope the loser won't take it too hard, I want them both back in their highest throttle in next season's Code S.

Predicting:
(P)PartinG 3-0 (T)Mvp
(P)Squirtle 3-1 (P)HerO

(P)Squirtle 4-2 (P)PartinG


An all kill against MVP? Youre nuts

Why? It's fricking PartinGvT we're talking about, and it's Mvp's worst matchup, plus that he's injured. After convincingly beating Polt/ForGG/TheStC/MarineKing, I have a hard time seeing Mvp be a threat. Ok sure, he might take a game off of him the same way he did against NaNi, but PartinG plays way safer than NaNi does, not to mention that he'll be prepared for it after watching the Mvp/NaNi VOD's... and once it gets to the late game, Mvp won't stand a chance.

I'm sorry all you Terran fans, but I see very little hope for Mvp here. Then again, he's the most accomplished SC2 player thus far, so you can never count him out... but I don't think that will matter this time around.




well actually, according to the offical GSL record archive, your wrong.


http://www.gomtv.net/records/index.gom?searchType=2&playername=Jung, Jong-Hyun&playerid=10557&vsrace=P&season=0&leaguetype=0&leagueid=0&gamever=0&mapid=0

When it comes to, just "Match win ratio", MVP's vs zerg : 72.4%(21win 8 lose) vs terran : 70.3%(26 win 11 lose)
vs protoss : 69.6%(16 win 7 lose)

and it seems your right but,

When it comes to, just "Set win ratio", MVP's vs zerg : 65%, vs terran : 65%, vs protoss : 67.4%(31win 15 lose)

and his vs protoss not his worst machup or something.

LG-IMSeed, the Upcoming Protoss Executor.
Jampackedeon
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2053 Posts
May 07 2012 15:31 GMT
#98
Hero is one PvP away from the finals, Liquid fighting!
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-07 15:31:52
May 07 2012 15:31 GMT
#99
On May 07 2012 22:36 Strawburry17 wrote:
When it comes to, just "Set win ratio", MVP's vs zerg : 65%, vs terran : 65%, vs protoss : 67.4%(31win 15 lose)


Maybe my math are really gone but 31win 15 lose = 67.4% ???

100-((15/31)*100) = 51% and something. No ?
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
testthewest
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany274 Posts
May 07 2012 17:33 GMT
#100
On May 08 2012 00:31 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2012 22:36 Strawburry17 wrote:
When it comes to, just "Set win ratio", MVP's vs zerg : 65%, vs terran : 65%, vs protoss : 67.4%(31win 15 lose)


Maybe my math are really gone but 31win 15 lose = 67.4% ???

100-((15/31)*100) = 51% and something. No ?



No. 31+15 = 46 games.
31 wins out of 46 games is: 31/46 = 0,6739 or 67,39%
War is not about who is right, but who is left.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 900
ComeBackTV 599
SteadfastSC458
TaKeTV 342
Rex130
IndyStarCraft 101
EnkiAlexander 47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 458
ProTech146
Rex 130
IndyStarCraft 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47978
Bisu 2909
Horang2 1379
EffOrt 767
Soma 572
BeSt 564
Hyuk 533
Light 430
Mini 424
Larva 342
[ Show more ]
ZerO 231
Rush 217
Mong 83
Leta 72
910 61
Snow 53
Pusan 51
ToSsGirL 45
Mind 36
Sexy 33
Aegong 31
JYJ 29
Terrorterran 24
Bale 23
Trap 17
Rock 12
Noble 10
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6783
qojqva252
Counter-Strike
Fnx 782
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1457
Khaldor1052
Lowko457
Other Games
singsing2061
olofmeister1722
hiko1396
Beastyqt583
B2W.Neo387
Livibee190
Hui .183
XaKoH 159
Liquid`VortiX150
ArmadaUGS116
djWHEAT83
Mew2King70
QueenE58
KnowMe58
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 33
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2971
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 43m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 43m
Online Event
20h 43m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.