• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:27
CEST 16:27
KST 23:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9351 users

BW Power Rank - January '12 - Page 7

Forum Index > News
191 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Zamkis
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada114 Posts
January 04 2012 02:26 GMT
#121
Always a good feeling to see a new Power Rank, with Flash and Stats at the top no less! Really nice work!
Destruction is a work of an afternoon, Creation is a work of a lifetime.
saltywet
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Hong Kong1316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 02:28:44
January 04 2012 02:28 GMT
#122
On January 04 2012 11:19 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 10:30 Lightwip wrote:
I'll agree with what Milkis said once: you write a lot when your justification is horribly weak.
Not the most simple PR to write due to the small number of games, but I digress.


This is the most disrespectful crap.

I don't give a damn if you disagree, but dropping off a two line post as nothing more than a vague insult to someone's hardwork is garbage. If you've got a problem with how he ranked then atleast put forth the effort to make a semblance of an argument instead of being obtuse and rude. You're better than that.


no he's not :p. he has to be up there in the list of most biased people on this forum, and it's significantly worse that he's an SKT fan. his post cries of SKT fanboy ragetears that bisu is so low on the PR
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
January 04 2012 02:35 GMT
#123
On January 04 2012 11:28 saltywet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 11:19 TwoToneTerran wrote:
On January 04 2012 10:30 Lightwip wrote:
I'll agree with what Milkis said once: you write a lot when your justification is horribly weak.
Not the most simple PR to write due to the small number of games, but I digress.


This is the most disrespectful crap.

I don't give a damn if you disagree, but dropping off a two line post as nothing more than a vague insult to someone's hardwork is garbage. If you've got a problem with how he ranked then atleast put forth the effort to make a semblance of an argument instead of being obtuse and rude. You're better than that.


no he's not :p. he has to be up there in the list of most biased people on this forum, and it's significantly worse that he's an SKT fan. his post cries of SKT fanboy ragetears that bisu is so low on the PR


Lightwip has never had issues articulating his thoughts or explaining himself or his arguments. It doesn't matter that he's biased, like I said.
Remember Violet.
saltywet
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Hong Kong1316 Posts
January 04 2012 02:46 GMT
#124
On January 04 2012 11:35 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 11:28 saltywet wrote:
On January 04 2012 11:19 TwoToneTerran wrote:
On January 04 2012 10:30 Lightwip wrote:
I'll agree with what Milkis said once: you write a lot when your justification is horribly weak.
Not the most simple PR to write due to the small number of games, but I digress.


This is the most disrespectful crap.

I don't give a damn if you disagree, but dropping off a two line post as nothing more than a vague insult to someone's hardwork is garbage. If you've got a problem with how he ranked then atleast put forth the effort to make a semblance of an argument instead of being obtuse and rude. You're better than that.


no he's not :p. he has to be up there in the list of most biased people on this forum, and it's significantly worse that he's an SKT fan. his post cries of SKT fanboy ragetears that bisu is so low on the PR


Lightwip has never had issues articulating his thoughts or explaining himself or his arguments. It doesn't matter that he's biased, like I said.


i know, im just simply explaining why he doesn't need to offer his arguments or his ranking
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
January 04 2012 02:59 GMT
#125
Hydra will be bonjwa.
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
CosmicHippo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States547 Posts
January 04 2012 02:59 GMT
#126
Light will rise to fame
Yeah i've got your zerg riiiight here! *gulps beer*
jax1492
Profile Joined November 2009
United States1632 Posts
January 04 2012 03:15 GMT
#127
come on bisu get out of this slump!
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
January 04 2012 03:29 GMT
#128
On January 04 2012 10:30 Lightwip wrote:
I'll agree with what Milkis said once: you write a lot when your justification is horribly weak.
Not the most simple PR to write due to the small number of games, but I digress.

I'm sorry Lightwip, what would you prefer? If my justification is weak, please provide a counterargument and back it up.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
TL-TyranT
Profile Joined March 2010
United States87 Posts
January 04 2012 03:52 GMT
#129
Wtf is that sheep thing looks hella funny like something my baby brother would draw except hella sloppy made me laugh enough to britten my day so ill nickname him rainbow sheep or " reep "
"Don"T GiVe uP, dOnT gIvE iN, TiLL yOu MuSTeR All ThaT LieS WiTHiN, To LeaD YoU A ChAnCe To WiN! " NeLSoN Personal Epic Quote
bearbuddy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3442 Posts
January 04 2012 03:55 GMT
#130
Wait, there are still people that take Lightwip seriously? Even he doesn't take himself seriously.
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
January 04 2012 04:09 GMT
#131
On January 04 2012 12:29 flamewheel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 10:30 Lightwip wrote:
I'll agree with what Milkis said once: you write a lot when your justification is horribly weak.
Not the most simple PR to write due to the small number of games, but I digress.

I'm sorry Lightwip, what would you prefer? If my justification is weak, please provide a counterargument and back it up.


hi lightwip

mr rapidash's PR for this month is quite excellent and isn't like as you described. it' s pretty well written actually.

ty
stork4ever
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1036 Posts
January 04 2012 04:51 GMT
#132
no such thing as lucky scarab shots
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
January 04 2012 05:08 GMT
#133
i'll admit that i told flamewheel stats should be #2
POGGERS
TheTurk
Profile Joined January 2011
United States732 Posts
January 04 2012 05:18 GMT
#134
Plz come back to the sidebar! <3<3<3
Starcraft is a lifestyle.
NuclearWINtr
Profile Joined February 2011
United States125 Posts
January 04 2012 05:32 GMT
#135
It is extremely difficult to evaluate the players seeing as very few have played even 7 games so I truly commend you for the quality of this write-up.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
January 04 2012 05:40 GMT
#136
Yay! Stork is back on the list!

Also, HURRAY STORK IS HIGHER THAN BISU!

Also, I hope people will stop forgetting about Stork now. People always mention Flash Jaedong Bisu and they forget Stork > lol
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Kiri
Profile Joined November 2010
United States84 Posts
January 04 2012 05:58 GMT
#137
I like Starcraft 2!!!!

User was warned for this post
sviatoslavrichter
Profile Joined January 2012
United States164 Posts
January 04 2012 06:00 GMT
#138
On January 04 2012 13:09 Milkis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 12:29 flamewheel wrote:
On January 04 2012 10:30 Lightwip wrote:
I'll agree with what Milkis said once: you write a lot when your justification is horribly weak.
Not the most simple PR to write due to the small number of games, but I digress.

I'm sorry Lightwip, what would you prefer? If my justification is weak, please provide a counterargument and back it up.


hi lightwip

mr rapidash's PR for this month is quite excellent and isn't like as you described. it' s pretty well written actually.

ty


I hear back in the day, Rekrul used to purge the forums

someone needs to give him a bottle of scotch and mod privileges, lol
It is easy to lead a successful life, but hard to lead a meaningful one.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
January 04 2012 06:05 GMT
#139
On January 04 2012 14:58 Kiri wrote:
I like Starcraft 2!!!!

And i like potatoes we have so much in common!
On October 13 2011 09:22 Kiri wrote:
No one cares about brood war anymore.... Tell the pros to come over to Starcraft 2!!! :D

User was temp banned for this post.

Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 06:41:08
January 04 2012 06:10 GMT
#140
On January 04 2012 11:19 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 10:30 Lightwip wrote:
I'll agree with what Milkis said once: you write a lot when your justification is horribly weak.
Not the most simple PR to write due to the small number of games, but I digress.


This is the most disrespectful crap.

I don't give a damn if you disagree, but dropping off a two line post as nothing more than a vague insult to someone's hardwork is garbage. If you've got a problem with how he ranked then atleast put forth the effort to make a semblance of an argument instead of being obtuse and rude. You're better than that.

Don't get me wrong: I'd have just as much trouble ranking this month as he did, and I acknowledged that. However, this PR is extremely arguable in so many ways that what Milkis says really seems to be true.
Sorry if I came across as rude, that was not my intention. I simply think that this rank is based upon so little that you'd have a hard time really justifying what's what. The fact that he took 2 hours to decide between Stats and Fantasy attests to this fact.

On January 04 2012 11:28 saltywet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 11:19 TwoToneTerran wrote:
On January 04 2012 10:30 Lightwip wrote:
I'll agree with what Milkis said once: you write a lot when your justification is horribly weak.
Not the most simple PR to write due to the small number of games, but I digress.


This is the most disrespectful crap.

I don't give a damn if you disagree, but dropping off a two line post as nothing more than a vague insult to someone's hardwork is garbage. If you've got a problem with how he ranked then atleast put forth the effort to make a semblance of an argument instead of being obtuse and rude. You're better than that.


no he's not :p. he has to be up there in the list of most biased people on this forum, and it's significantly worse that he's an SKT fan. his post cries of SKT fanboy ragetears that bisu is so low on the PR

I don't think Bisu did well this month. I just don't really think that he made a solid case for all his placements overall. Not that I think it would be easy for anyone else to either.
I appreciate the jab at me, SKT fans, and Bisu though.

On January 04 2012 12:29 flamewheel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 10:30 Lightwip wrote:
I'll agree with what Milkis said once: you write a lot when your justification is horribly weak.
Not the most simple PR to write due to the small number of games, but I digress.

I'm sorry Lightwip, what would you prefer? If my justification is weak, please provide a counterargument and back it up.

One thing specifically that bugs me about your PR's, this one more than any others, is how you justify your ideas with what appears to me as bias and things that are less than meaningful. There's no way to avoid it, and you can be sure that I'd be likely to similarly favor SKT players, yet usually it's not as apparent as it is this time. A lot of justification is based on inane and weak details.
A few things I'd note that struck me in particular are Stats vs Fantasy placement and Jangbi vs Best placement(Yes, both SKT players, yet also the most arguable points in this PR, I'm sure you'd agree).
Stats and Fantasy are certainly very similar in scores, but your justification for Stats over Fantasy was... contribution to the team. So because overall SKT is a more solid team, with a lineup of Bisu, BeSt, and By.Sun that can win without Fantasy, that makes him less powerful than Stats? I wouldn't agree with this line of logic, nor do I think it's valid in this case.
Jangbi vs Best is also kinda biased. I'm sure you understood this yourself, with lines like "But BeSt didn't win an OSL last season, so sucks for him. " and "Honestly, JangBi hasn't done anything that notable." Not to mention you try to justify Best>JD by claiming that JD must have been off his game instead of giving enough credit where it is due for improving his weak matchup and sustaining his other ones.
I have other gripes, though these two are the most obvious. They both happen to be SKT players so you might call bias, however I think you'd agree that the placement of those was VERY debatable.
Though as I said, this isn't the easiest of PR's to make. That's why so much detail is necessary.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 940
ComeBackTV 606
SteadfastSC508
TaKeTV 361
IndyStarCraft 113
Rex80
EnkiAlexander 55
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 508
ProTech145
IndyStarCraft 113
Rex 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50043
Bisu 2025
Horang2 1304
EffOrt 1182
Soma 695
Mini 596
Hyuk 582
BeSt 501
Light 459
Larva 415
[ Show more ]
Rush 271
ZerO 220
910 86
Mong 86
Leta 82
Sea.KH 62
Snow 57
firebathero 56
Pusan 49
ToSsGirL 45
Mind 37
Sexy 34
JYJ 31
Aegong 30
Yoon 23
Terrorterran 22
Bale 21
Trap 15
Sacsri 15
Rock 11
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Shine 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6792
qojqva743
Counter-Strike
Fnx 751
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1501
Khaldor1071
Lowko462
Other Games
singsing2056
olofmeister1643
hiko1284
Beastyqt576
B2W.Neo398
Livibee195
Hui .186
Liquid`VortiX178
XaKoH 144
ArmadaUGS115
djWHEAT79
KnowMe78
Mew2King71
QueenE58
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile111
• poizon28 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2565
Other Games
• Shiphtur90
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 33m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 33m
Online Event
20h 33m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.