• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:34
CEST 11:34
KST 18:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9102 users

[Fantasy] FPL Season 5 Round Up

Forum Index > News
31 CommentsPost a Reply
Normal

[Fantasy] FPL Season 5 Round Up

Text bypachi
December 3rd, 2009 04:04 GMT
[image loading]

Fantasy Proleague Season 5 (PL 09-10 Round 1)
Congratulations to the winner, mh.3.9!


mh.3.9 and his captain Flash crushed the dreams of IntoTheWow on tiebreakers winning on the back of the KT / Flash / ZerO combination and only four trades. Luckily, post count is no tiebreaker as the 0 post mh.3.9 bested the 25000+ post forum veteran IntoTheWow and the tiebreaker it did come down to was the Captain with mh.3.9's (T)Flash towering over IntoTheWow's (P)Movie. Competition was fierce this round with a staggering 1800+ entries and the top five seperated by fewer than five points.



Final Top 10

[image loading]


(Click to see full standings)



Owner Awards

The "Boxer" Award for best Repeat Performance
Easily goes to DalaiLameR who managed to improve on his Fifth place last season with a stunning Third place finish falling only a few points short of first place. Honorable mention to IntoTheWow, Hot_Bid and Samurai- who also made returns to the Top Ten after finishing there in previous seasons.

The "Savior" Award for Best Slump Predictor
Belongs to our champion mh.3.9 who coasted through the competition with a low anti-team score despite no anti-team trades. Honorable mention to 12th placed RecYouGood who also managed to keep his anti-team low after a team saving trade which involved offloading (P)free for his lesser skilled protoss pal (P)GuemChi.

The "Wall Street" Award for Best Trader
In a record breaking trade gain (for a top ten finisher) both ThePUNisher and IntoTheWow crushed the pizzown's previous record of +54 with huge gains of +77 and +75 respectively.

The "KTF" Award for Worst Trader
While there are significantly worse traders (like a certain pachi who traded away ZerO and Woongjin Stars), the award must go to DalaiLameR who traded away (coincidently) KT Rolster for CJ Entus in the panic week where they didn't play which ultimately cost him the FPL crown.

The "Nal_Rock" Award for Refusing to Change Anything
Is awarded to abomi.nation who managed a clean #31 finish with his stubborness.

The "Hite Sparkyz" Award for Biggest Surprise Team
Goes to MBCGame HERO who despite a second place finish in total points for a low low cost of 3 at the start of the season, had fewer than 30 owners. Other mentions include Woongjin Stars who rebounded after a slow start and WeMade FOX which shone throughout the early weeks of the season.

The "LeBron" Award for Best Rookie
In a top ten of old returning players, KP_CollectoR interviewed earlier in the season for his stubborness to trades, managed to finish fourth in his first venture into fantasy proleagueing with an honorable mention to Neptuneajax who finished in the Top 10 at 7th in his first season.

The "Manifesto7" Award for Best Staff Performance
Is awarded to Fantasy Proleague kingpin, Hot_Bid who managed a Top 10 finish despite being pressured by various other staff like his sidekick Abydos1 who finished at #20.

The "Kennigit" Award for Worst Staff Performance
Goes to CENSORED, who apparently didn't try and totally does not deserve a mention in this newspost. Instead I will use this space to again mention how heartbroken IntoTheWow should be for his loss on tiebreakers.



Thanks to everyone for participating, and I hope you guys had fun!

Sadly, the current scoring system will be retired for next season. So make sure to read the new scoring system carefully and maybe you can exploit your way into the Top 10!

Sign up for Fantasy PL Season 6 (Round 2), which starts in just a few days!
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
maneatingshoe
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada484 Posts
December 03 2009 05:22 GMT
#2
I want to be mentioned here someday! I'll just have to get a more tradeable team this time around.....Pure for topping toss points this round!
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
December 03 2009 05:48 GMT
#3
it is my dream to make this article. here's to a new season!
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
abomi.nation
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada103 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-03 05:58:48
December 03 2009 05:54 GMT
#4
FUCK YEAH! Being stubborn is what i do. And evidently its a good thing.

Edit: don't expect me to make trade next season either. I'm rock solid about my choices. (har har har)
lolwut
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
December 03 2009 05:56 GMT
#5
Double Top 10 baby!!!!
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
December 03 2009 06:46 GMT
#6
Moderator<:3-/-<
DarthThienAn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2734 Posts
December 03 2009 07:45 GMT
#7
Nice writeup =]
www.cstarleague.com | Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
RamenStyle
Profile Joined September 2004
United States1929 Posts
December 03 2009 07:51 GMT
#8
Ahhh in my first season I could've won the Nal_Rock award! I managed to end #25 with the same starting team

Wish there had been something like this in previous seasons. Anyways, congrats to everyone who made the list!
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
December 03 2009 07:55 GMT
#9
Aww ITW

Grats to the lurker? XD
TranslatorBaa!
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
December 03 2009 08:40 GMT
#10
Serves you guys right for not having faith in KTFLash!
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
KP_CollectoR
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States744 Posts
December 03 2009 08:52 GMT
#11
Thx for the honor! I can only hope to perform admirably in the next season : ) Good LucK everyone!
English Brood War Commentaries - Please Subscribe! youtube.com/dimecollectorsc... Winner of The "LeBron" Award for Best Rookie (FPL 5)
pripple
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Finland1714 Posts
December 03 2009 11:54 GMT
#12
congrats mr.lurker, hopefully he visits here just once more to see he's won? ;p

well done all of you who made it to top10 second time, its such a hard feat to accomplish, hopefully i can do that next round!

once again, thanks to everyone involved organising FPL, i just love it!
Jaedong! <> Team MVP <> Mouz.
ketomai
Profile Joined June 2007
United States2789 Posts
December 03 2009 14:44 GMT
#13
Yea, ITW got robbed despite his sweet trading skills. Congrats to everyone else.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
December 03 2009 18:50 GMT
#14
Good Job to the winners, personally this was my best season out of 4 I believe, 215, with no trades of course.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
psychopat
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada417 Posts
December 03 2009 19:24 GMT
#15
I'm a complete noob at this, but I pretty much nailed the Anti-Team thing last round... Got -16 without any trades, which was good enough for 4th best. I doubt I'll be able to repeat that this time around though.

It's too bad my Main Team was mostly crap... Congrats to the winners.
RecYouGood
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada44 Posts
December 03 2009 19:36 GMT
#16
12th twice..... top ten this round yeye
[QUOTE][B]On May 13 2010 14:01 3D.Strelok wrote:[/B] And terran needs Chuck Norris![/QUOTE]
skronch
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2717 Posts
December 03 2009 20:34 GMT
#17
wow 0 posts!!!???!?!?! if i were him i'd at least show off my shiny new badge in this thread (hint hint)
Napalm
Profile Joined April 2009
Turkey54 Posts
December 03 2009 21:37 GMT
#18
losing first spot with tie breaker, daaaaaaamn thats gotta hurt
mh.3.9
Profile Joined October 2009
Germany2 Posts
December 04 2009 01:39 GMT
#19
On December 04 2009 05:34 skronch wrote:
wow 0 posts!!!???!?!?! if i were him i'd at least show off my shiny new badge in this thread (hint hint)

I'll do that.

I'm pretty happy that I won though I feel a little bad that I stole your trophy...

Thanks to those organizing FPL. I'ts really great.

Good luck to everyone in the next season.
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
December 04 2009 02:29 GMT
#20
No trophy yet?
Jaedong
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-04 15:00:37
December 04 2009 03:20 GMT
#21
Grats to winner!

It was my first time too, I think I finished somewhere in ranks ~530 ish
Ditched Stork (sigh, I'm sorry Stork!!) in R2 in hopes of climbing the ranks!

*edit: checked and I finished 471, meh, I don't think that's too bad.
[TLMS] REBOOT
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
December 04 2009 03:36 GMT
#22
On December 04 2009 10:39 mh.3.9 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2009 05:34 skronch wrote:
wow 0 posts!!!???!?!?! if i were him i'd at least show off my shiny new badge in this thread (hint hint)

I'll do that.

I'm pretty happy that I won though I feel a little bad that I stole your trophy...

Thanks to those organizing FPL. I'ts really great.

Good luck to everyone in the next season.


Congratulations sir!
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
December 04 2009 08:33 GMT
#23
I think I'm going to do much better this season. Before I didn't even really know the rules or how to play, so I just kind of picked whatever whenever, but now I'll actually have some clue as to what I'm doing.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
December 04 2009 09:39 GMT
#24
congratz to the winner! now start posting about your secrets to victory! (mr zero posts but wins)
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
December 04 2009 21:25 GMT
#25
I CANT BELIEVE I TRADED AWAY MBC FOR OZ

FML
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
Shrapnel
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada1 Post
Last Edited: 2009-12-04 23:55:34
December 04 2009 23:54 GMT
#26
Good luck!
atkwai
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada31 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-04 23:55:30
December 04 2009 23:55 GMT
#27
gl next round!
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
December 05 2009 04:24 GMT
#28
Trophy'd
Administrator
mh.3.9
Profile Joined October 2009
Germany2 Posts
December 05 2009 13:32 GMT
#29
On December 05 2009 13:24 SonuvBob wrote:
Trophy'd

Great.
Now I have a trophy whenever I don't post.
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
December 05 2009 22:17 GMT
#30
Why I have -2 points for type-b in my team? wtf?
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
December 05 2009 22:21 GMT
#31
Player Scoring:
Regular Game Win: 4 Points
Regular Game Loss: -2 Points


Wrong thread btw.
Administrator
OSLschedule
Profile Joined October 2009
5 Posts
December 06 2009 13:27 GMT
#32
congrats all
okay nvmd
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 2417
Bisu 531
Hyuk 436
Killer 117
Larva 101
EffOrt 87
Dewaltoss 84
Leta 84
Sexy 83
Soma 69
[ Show more ]
ZerO 66
ToSsGirL 48
BeSt 47
Light 43
soO 42
Yoon 34
Sharp 34
Aegong 29
Bale 22
Sacsri 21
Shinee 15
sorry 15
Hm[arnc] 14
NaDa 14
Rush 12
JulyZerg 8
Terrorterran 3
Britney 1
Dota 2
Fuzer 138
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1072
byalli802
kRYSTAL_34
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor962
crisheroes525
Other Games
gofns31113
singsing1493
olofmeister1027
ceh9673
Mew2King92
ArmadaUGS45
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2346
League of Legends
• Stunt390
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 26m
OSC
12h 26m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.