• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:49
CEST 11:49
KST 18:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7641 users

Mafia VIII [GG] - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
May 17 2009 22:04 GMT
#444
For reference:

On May 18 2009 05:46 MrBabyHands wrote:
I vote for Ace
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
May 18 2009 00:54 GMT
#506
On May 18 2009 09:42 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
The G9 Mafia, 1 Year ago

I'M ABSTAINING FROM VOTING MAYOR AND IF YOU SIDE WITH TUX I'm KILLING YOU OFF BREAK. I KNOW FOR SURE SD GONNA GIVE ME EITHER THE ELDER ROLE OR THE VIGILANTE ROLE TO EVEN THIS SHIT OUT. TUX IS MAFIA AND IF VERSE SIDING WITH HIM OFF BREAK THEN SHE IS SUSPECT

NEW MAFIA PERCENTAGES:

TUX:80%
NARCI: 65%
VERSE: 55%
Dip: 20%

This all


Show nested quote +
The G9 Mafia, 1 Year ago
TY for letting me know who I am Murking the first night MISS.

I take this as you are siding with TUX irregardless of your PG vote. You're dead is hayle sistah. Say goodbye...

Townies get roles after mayor voting ends... Why as a mafia would any of you even speak to me at all.

New Mafia Percentage list

TUX: 85%
Narci: 75%
Miss: 70%
Verse: 65%
Dip: 15%


Now keep fucking jibba jabbing


Show nested quote +
The G9 Mafia, 1 Year ago
Tux please save it. You are Mafia and probably the godfather too. Never did I say I hope I get townie

So thats yoru 5th LIE

Keep talking
Geezus.

Listen I'm late for class

I ABSTAIN from the mayoral voting and I will bbl

New Mafia Percentages

TUX: 92%
Narci: 87%
MISS: 79%
Verse: 75%
Outlaw: 50%
Dip: 15%


Looks familiar doesn't it? Well shit of course it does!

Show nested quote +
On May 04 2009 17:27 Ace wrote:

Versatile and MBH were the only 2 I'd say are good enough to play with TL players. When I modded a game here a few of them from the site played and well they performed miserably. There's another guy from there who I'd try to get to play but he's a...very unorthodox player. One time he made a "mafia % list" where every time someone posted he'd update their % of being mafia (wtf). He was an innocent, and his list had all innocents on it. If you argued with him or called him a dumbass your % would jump by like 20% and he'd vote to lynch you ^_^


Pow Pow Pow!



Although I had a lot of time reading that and noticing the similarities, what exactly does this prove?

I'm sure there's been a mafia game somewhere where a mafioso ending one of his posts with "Pow Pow Pow!" or something you may have done. I somehow doubt it's characteristic of a mafioso to have a suspect list that they update regularly.
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
May 18 2009 00:55 GMT
#508
EBWOP: Whoops, I completely misread the quote underneath it. I could have sworn you mentioned the guy you were referring to was a mafioso...my bad.
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
May 18 2009 01:01 GMT
#512
On May 18 2009 09:57 Incognito wrote:
Why has Ver disappeared all of a sudden...?


I don't think he left/disappeared. I'm assuming he's typing up a response to Ace + some other posts, a reply that's probably lengthy.
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
May 18 2009 02:44 GMT
#541
On May 18 2009 11:29 Tricode wrote:
Mynock, i was curious, why not keep him alive? (For now he maybe the best choice but if we find a better choice to lynch then move onto them.)

We can just ignore him and if he is a dt we can try to use his r/c asap.

And if Mafia kill him, meh he is going to die anyway right?

Hmm, i know there is negative things about doing this, but i am just throwing it out there as just a thought.


Thought you were watching a redskins game with family or something. Or is that over?
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
May 18 2009 21:55 GMT
#677
On May 19 2009 06:31 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2009 06:25 Caller wrote:
L and Ace, why are you guys still fighting? This is a really stupid point-whether or not we should lynch nemy-when we've barely started the game. At least wait until Day 2 and see if any clues point to him before you begin you ballasting of the other...



Trust me when I say I pay far more attention to everyone's posts than you people realize.

^_^



Perhaps because you yourself tell us that you skip any post that does not include your name in it. Not hard to beat those assumptions. You could skim or even glance at your posts and you'd topple the expectations you set for yourself.

^_^


"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-18 22:57:46
May 18 2009 22:56 GMT
#693
On May 18 2009 09:10 Ace wrote:
I'd tl:dr your post Ver, but I just masturbated and got a sudden burst of energy.

I'll also only address the part of your post directly with my name in it, since if a post doesn't include my name I skip it.

Show nested quote +

Ace is taking this too far. He had his rope. He had his opportunity to go appear innocent. And he hung himself on it. It is not in the town's interests to lynch Nemy. Because here's the thing, we don't want to lynch the traitor. The traitor has no ACTUAL power. The traitor's only power is influence and words. He can cause mass chaos. But if we know who the traitor is, he is POWERLESS. Nemy is not mafia unless he is a sacrifice. That means we have no reason to lynch him! Yet Ace is going all out trying to get this.

Look at this from a behavior standpoint: Mafia are the ones who are this aggressive. See RoL and Attackzerg trying to get Ace lyched/discredited in BC's first game. Now for a direct comparison: remember when Ace defended mikeymoo in Caller's game (Ace was innocent so was Mikeymoo)? He was voracious in defending mikeymoo, but he was not voracious in lynching BC even though BC was full of BS. Yes he wanted BC lynched but he didn't go crazy like he is now. Because that's a sure sign of mafia behavior: being overaggressive to get a lynch.

In case anyone wants to relate to the Folca/Ace scenario, that is a completely different thing. Because then Folca roleclaimed with a specific intent to prove something, i,e that Ace was mafia. Thus in that circumstance Ace's logic train is true and the correct choice of action (and he would've done it if he was townie I'm sure). Because if you lynch the accuser you know everything about the accused role. However, now here Nemy just plain roleclaimed. WHY ON EARTH WOULD WE LYNCH HIM? WE GET NO BENEFIT. NOTHING.

Under the present circumstances there is NO reason to lynch Nemy.

Ace you screwed up. This is not Savior sense. This is not to the benefit of the town.

And you people who agree with his logic (mikeymoo, bockit), you guys better think through exactly what he's recommending. Game 3 and now are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Furthermore, the Ace voting train, you guys are all suspect. You people are clearly trying to push him into mayor over me. Not gonna happen. I'll dissect through suspects in a bit.


Sorry - but this is where you fucked up. I've said it plenty of times, I'm aggressive because it's how I feel like being. Whether I'm townie or Mafia I play with a free conscience because I honestly don't think anybody can read anything I do and you've just proven my point. You can also ask Mr.BabyHands - I've played an aggressive townie style before. It's not a Mafia trait at all.

Now onto your analysis of nemy. You've failed to point out something significant: The difference between this game and the game with BC was that I pointed out that BC might be the Village Idiot hence we don't even care what happens to him. The real danger is lynching mikeymoo because we have no information about him based on what BC did. This scenario is different as there is no one being accused - this is just a role claim at a bad time.

What also makes this different is that unlike when Empyrean claimed DT on Day 1, nemy lied. In Mafia 2 I had no reason to lynch Empyrean as soon as I got Mayor because empyrean only claimed to be a DT and didn't say anything about having a way to prove it. So we just let him be.

nemy got caught in a lie. Badly. See the difference? If nemy was a DT that just played his hand wrong we could surely just say ok buddy, no office for you and keep things hush after that. He lied on got caught and that changes everything as an innocent doesn't have to lie to the town on information that would help us greatly. Hell, he STILL hasn't even given it to us and when asked he tried to be cool like me - but failed.

Also if nemy is a traitor - of course we lynch him. Do we have a better suspect? I don't think so. If he's a traitor that means he isn't working for the town which means he should die. Simple, really.

See how all these scenarios are different? Nothing anyone says can explain why nemy lied. Nothing. So he gets the lynch. As for my vote train - meh. Whats so suspect about it? People know a good candidate when they see one.

As for me being buddy/buddy with Mynock - what's the problem? I've supported him in every game I've played and there's no secret about it. I don't even have any clue what his role could possibly be but I've said this so many times - there isn't any reliable way to find out anybody's role right now so I base my votes off of ABILITY. Since I believe Mynock is one of the best candidates I voted for him. go ahead and try to analyze that, you'll end up like Versatile and we see how her logic worked out.

So once again I'll state your analysis has FAILED. Based on pure playing ability myself and Mynock should be in office over anyone else, with the exception of maybe BC. Showtime! and Caller do better outside of leadership roles.

I'm interested in hearing your retort to this post.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=93286&currentpage=25#492

Thanks for helping me find this, LTT


EDIT: Btw, thanks Ace, Qatol, and Caller.
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
May 18 2009 23:43 GMT
#701
On May 19 2009 08:36 Ver wrote:


The most pressing thing I want to know is how many mafia candidates ran. 0, 1, or 2.

Yes, that is quite pressing. I wonder, how do you figure this is even possible without RC'ing the people Ace listed as those who must be looked up?
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
May 19 2009 03:28 GMT
#743
On May 19 2009 12:18 Malongo wrote:
I still think the day 1 clue points to Plexa.


Thank you. How so? Apparently, I might have to post that post I promised after all...malongo's still being stupid.
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-19 04:30:26
May 19 2009 04:23 GMT
#751
On May 19 2009 13:22 Malongo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2009 12:28 LucasWoJ wrote:
On May 19 2009 12:18 Malongo wrote:
I still think the day 1 clue points to Plexa.


Thank you. How so? Apparently, I might have to post that post I promised after all...malongo's still being stupid.

One year older and still dont learn to shut the fuck up unless you have something relevant to post.


One day older, actually.


Edit: Btw, storing the quote for the future. If plexa or anyone you ever accuse of being mafia actually turns out red, you'll have nothing but blind stupidity on your part to blame. I've give you countless times to post some reasoning, but you refuse. Maybe it's because you have none (in general). I'm clearly antagonizing you, but I doubt you'll catch on.

What clues point to Plexa?
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
May 19 2009 04:34 GMT
#759
Fun.
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10354
Rain 3257
soO 430
BeSt 395
Stork 386
Soulkey 344
Soma 316
Rush 224
firebathero 216
Barracks 157
[ Show more ]
Sexy 82
Shinee 44
Killer 33
Shine 24
sorry 24
HiyA 22
Sharp 20
Sacsri 18
hero 16
yabsab 16
Hm[arnc] 15
Terrorterran 10
zelot 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5291
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
gofns34305
singsing1090
Pyrionflax197
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 3
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 51
• 3DClanTV 46
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV156
League of Legends
• Jankos2681
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12m
CranKy Ducklings5
Patches Events
5h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 12m
OSC
13h 12m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.