• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:54
CEST 08:54
KST 15:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7331 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 88 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 12:15 GMT
#582
On March 04 2024 21:13 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 21:05 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 20:54 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 17:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Cake do you think DP's reasoning for calling you mafia last game when you were actually mafia was good?


If I remember correctly, he called me mafia for having TMI for calling you town in a secure way. Which I applaud.

Here, I honestly do not understand or I am pretty stupid.


It's the exact same reason. Cakes literal first post of the game is this:

On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?



Which she later states is her 'town circle' she has not interacted in a single way with either of these players, and I know from her last mafia game that town reads too early is a mafia tell for cake.

This absolutely qualifies, further if they are town, it is also a blatant pocketing attempt.

On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
Anyways, that doesnt change my read on him. He is a strong, secure player. He cares for other people’s opinions like when he was town in the game Slam was mafia.


I don't see how that has changed at all in this game compare to the previous games.

On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:

In the marvvivaxcake game, I was asking many questions, he engaged and answered. He demanded answers.

Here, I ignored him and he did nothing until Oats came and started to talk about me.


This is just wrong, in this game she was only posting roleplay about a tea party, I asked her a question, she left the thread, I asked slam about her alignment, she came back to the thread and I immediately asked her a follow up question.

Here is the progression:

On March 04 2024 14:14 DarthPunk wrote:
Any thoughts on alignments cake?


she makes these two troll posts

On March 04 2024 14:14 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:08 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:01 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:58 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?

Unfortunately I don't drink tea, why do you ask?

@DarthPunk sorry I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying, I wasn't trying to misrepresent you. I'll let you do your thing instead of arguing over little nonsense.



Out of character: it is just set up flavour, do not take it too literal, just enjoy the chat engagement. 🥂
Sure, I won't drink any tea but I can bring some water and see where it leads.


Do not worry darling, all is ok as long is not poison. We do not want a purple wedding.


On March 04 2024 14:20 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:18 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:13 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:05 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?


It would be an honor for me. I bring some biscuits

I am glad!

It shall be a great time for sure my dear. Such a shame Lord Trfel decided to decline the invitation, there was a delicious cake and macaroons baked in his honor.

@trfl How dare you! Who raised such an outrageous generation?


Shhhh, is ok my darling, it seems there was a small missunderstanding.

But you are right, this generation is quite something.


I ask slam about her alignment when she is gone

On March 04 2024 15:12 DarthPunk wrote:
Slam have you played a lot with cake?


Then she arrives back in the thread with this:



On March 04 2024 15:12 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:58 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:01 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:58 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?

Unfortunately I don't drink tea, why do you ask?

@DarthPunk sorry I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying, I wasn't trying to misrepresent you. I'll let you do your thing instead of arguing over little nonsense.



Out of character: it is just set up flavour, do not take it too literal, just enjoy the chat engagement. 🥂

How was
T.h.i.s. important
C
A
K
E
?



I have a bitterness not against cake indeed! I shall become foul.


????

What do you mean Mr Darcy?


On March 04 2024 15:14 CopCake wrote:
🤭 This is so funny


I immediately try to engage with her about the game, and she calls me out as mafia.

then makes the below reads

On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:

In the marvvivaxcake game, I was asking many questions, he engaged and answered. He demanded answers.

Here, I ignored him and he did nothing until Oats came and started to talk about me.


Which is untrue and also unfair, when she was interacting in the way that she did.

On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
As someone who kinda “played” him, I would imagine he would try to figure me out asap. (Played as in I stayed alive and made him second guess TTT)


and this which is as inaccurate a statement as you can make, considering I was the person in the thread who most actively tried to determine your alignment


On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
Thing is, DP is bravado, he has said so before such as “he controls lynches” and stuff like that.

Here, he is too quiet for the exception of calling me wolf.


I literally have the most posts in the game at the point you called me mafia.
On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
As I said before, if he was interested in me he would have called me out inmediatly for ignoring him and not just when Oats came. Idk it seems like lazy mafia using “I was right last time”
The fact you entered the thread in the manner in which you did, which is so different to the last game we played together, and then try to apply a meta read to me in about 1-2 hours of playing the game is just wrong.


By the way, none of cakes post explains three good reasons why cake is mafia.

1.) why did she come into the game town reading two other players in her first post, so strongly that she called it a 'town circle'

2.) why has she actively and blatantly avoided taking stances and playing/progressing the game (i couldn't tell you a position she holds right now apart from me being mafia and her few town reads)

3.) she makes meta reads based on completely different and absurd circumstances, strong and confident ones at that.


Tunnel me if you desire but I tend to do this.
As town and as mafia.

I tend to be like “Detective Glowing bear will your hold my hand and find mafia together?”

And stuff like “Shockey, if you were a sea animal, what would you be?” For example, shockey said a killer whale which is a beast animal and he was mafia. I think mafia kinda out themselves when asked about random stuff, like if you ask for what they are listening to, they will more likely say something heavier than what they tend to listen usually. You should try this technique sometime.

It is my own way of solving the game, there is a logic to it. I liked dumb a lot for calling you out, it felt natural.

I also liked trfel and I have a mads respect for him after last game, therefore, invited into a “town circle”.

I think the concept here is what you have trouble with. The fact they were invited doesnt mean I cant change my opinion of them which you are assuming.

If Slam told you “yes I have played with cake a lot” does it have some value to you?


What do you think of this DP?


None of that addresses any of why you are mafia.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 12:15 GMT
#583
On March 04 2024 21:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 21:09 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont think Cake is town?
I think ytour points 1 and 2 dont make her mafia, which i was kind of arguing. I think your point 3 is alid and it actually can make her mafia.


Well you said my scum read on her was unreasonable so that kind of implied you thought she was town right?

No that doesn't mean that. It was more about my read on you rather than Cake's alignment.


What did it mean about that?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 12:20 GMT
#584
I have work in the morning so I am off to bed. Goodnight!
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 12:29 GMT
#586
On March 04 2024 21:24 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 21:15 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:13 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 21:05 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 20:54 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 17:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Cake do you think DP's reasoning for calling you mafia last game when you were actually mafia was good?


If I remember correctly, he called me mafia for having TMI for calling you town in a secure way. Which I applaud.

Here, I honestly do not understand or I am pretty stupid.


It's the exact same reason. Cakes literal first post of the game is this:

On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?



Which she later states is her 'town circle' she has not interacted in a single way with either of these players, and I know from her last mafia game that town reads too early is a mafia tell for cake.

This absolutely qualifies, further if they are town, it is also a blatant pocketing attempt.

On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
Anyways, that doesnt change my read on him. He is a strong, secure player. He cares for other people’s opinions like when he was town in the game Slam was mafia.


I don't see how that has changed at all in this game compare to the previous games.

On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:

In the marvvivaxcake game, I was asking many questions, he engaged and answered. He demanded answers.

Here, I ignored him and he did nothing until Oats came and started to talk about me.


This is just wrong, in this game she was only posting roleplay about a tea party, I asked her a question, she left the thread, I asked slam about her alignment, she came back to the thread and I immediately asked her a follow up question.

Here is the progression:

On March 04 2024 14:14 DarthPunk wrote:
Any thoughts on alignments cake?


she makes these two troll posts

On March 04 2024 14:14 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:08 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:01 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:58 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?

Unfortunately I don't drink tea, why do you ask?

@DarthPunk sorry I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying, I wasn't trying to misrepresent you. I'll let you do your thing instead of arguing over little nonsense.



Out of character: it is just set up flavour, do not take it too literal, just enjoy the chat engagement. 🥂
Sure, I won't drink any tea but I can bring some water and see where it leads.


Do not worry darling, all is ok as long is not poison. We do not want a purple wedding.


On March 04 2024 14:20 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:18 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:13 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:05 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?


It would be an honor for me. I bring some biscuits

I am glad!

It shall be a great time for sure my dear. Such a shame Lord Trfel decided to decline the invitation, there was a delicious cake and macaroons baked in his honor.

@trfl How dare you! Who raised such an outrageous generation?


Shhhh, is ok my darling, it seems there was a small missunderstanding.

But you are right, this generation is quite something.


I ask slam about her alignment when she is gone

On March 04 2024 15:12 DarthPunk wrote:
Slam have you played a lot with cake?


Then she arrives back in the thread with this:



On March 04 2024 15:12 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:58 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:01 CopCake wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:58 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?

Unfortunately I don't drink tea, why do you ask?

@DarthPunk sorry I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying, I wasn't trying to misrepresent you. I'll let you do your thing instead of arguing over little nonsense.



Out of character: it is just set up flavour, do not take it too literal, just enjoy the chat engagement. 🥂

How was
T.h.i.s. important
C
A
K
E
?



I have a bitterness not against cake indeed! I shall become foul.


????

What do you mean Mr Darcy?


On March 04 2024 15:14 CopCake wrote:
🤭 This is so funny


I immediately try to engage with her about the game, and she calls me out as mafia.

then makes the below reads

On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:

In the marvvivaxcake game, I was asking many questions, he engaged and answered. He demanded answers.

Here, I ignored him and he did nothing until Oats came and started to talk about me.


Which is untrue and also unfair, when she was interacting in the way that she did.

On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
As someone who kinda “played” him, I would imagine he would try to figure me out asap. (Played as in I stayed alive and made him second guess TTT)


and this which is as inaccurate a statement as you can make, considering I was the person in the thread who most actively tried to determine your alignment


On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
Thing is, DP is bravado, he has said so before such as “he controls lynches” and stuff like that.

Here, he is too quiet for the exception of calling me wolf.


I literally have the most posts in the game at the point you called me mafia.
On March 04 2024 19:39 CopCake wrote:
As I said before, if he was interested in me he would have called me out inmediatly for ignoring him and not just when Oats came. Idk it seems like lazy mafia using “I was right last time”
The fact you entered the thread in the manner in which you did, which is so different to the last game we played together, and then try to apply a meta read to me in about 1-2 hours of playing the game is just wrong.


By the way, none of cakes post explains three good reasons why cake is mafia.

1.) why did she come into the game town reading two other players in her first post, so strongly that she called it a 'town circle'

2.) why has she actively and blatantly avoided taking stances and playing/progressing the game (i couldn't tell you a position she holds right now apart from me being mafia and her few town reads)

3.) she makes meta reads based on completely different and absurd circumstances, strong and confident ones at that.


Tunnel me if you desire but I tend to do this.
As town and as mafia.

I tend to be like “Detective Glowing bear will your hold my hand and find mafia together?”

And stuff like “Shockey, if you were a sea animal, what would you be?” For example, shockey said a killer whale which is a beast animal and he was mafia. I think mafia kinda out themselves when asked about random stuff, like if you ask for what they are listening to, they will more likely say something heavier than what they tend to listen usually. You should try this technique sometime.

It is my own way of solving the game, there is a logic to it. I liked dumb a lot for calling you out, it felt natural.

I also liked trfel and I have a mads respect for him after last game, therefore, invited into a “town circle”.

I think the concept here is what you have trouble with. The fact they were invited doesnt mean I cant change my opinion of them which you are assuming.

If Slam told you “yes I have played with cake a lot” does it have some value to you?


What do you think of this DP?


None of that addresses any of why you are mafia.



🤷🏽‍♀️

You are acting like a totally different person. You like to understand how people make reads on the obvs chat and I gave you big info of my playstyle because I dont plan to play anymore. Maybe once a year or so.



I’m literally the same this is literally a repeat of our last game together
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:02 GMT
#1074
On March 05 2024 04:42 Rels wrote:
BTW I also think Vivax' claim was kind of stupid, but now that it's done, he 100% should be the mayor


I agree with this.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:07 GMT
#1085
On March 05 2024 04:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 04:31 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:23 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:19 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:10 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:08 iamperfection wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:07 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:06 iamperfection wrote:
[quote]
He didn't have any real pressure on him though

Does this not strengthen Koshi's point?

No how so.

Isn't Koshi saying he suspects a fake claim from Vivax?

This would be because Vivax is usually very adverse to real claiming,
Which implies this is a gambit for mayor.

If Vivax wasn't under pressure, that is further evidence it was a gambit for mayor.

Where is my comprehension/logic problem?


He is not fake claiming thats not what he would do.
As I already know fake claiming always be exposed at some point and as he loves to play here on TL he would not risk a fake claim as scum and risking an early lynch. Just feels so wrong and it would be not comparable with any game I habe read of him. Maybe he is Town and claims so we get a town mayor but even that doesn´t seem like his meta

Why would Vivax think we don't get town mayor as he thinks i am town?


Correction: I currently think you are town. But I know I'm town.

Yes but how does DMB come to conclusion that while you thinking i am town, you need to claim to have a town mayor? Because for me that seems like an insane thought process.


No it's clear rationality.
How do you protect the role that can't protect itself but other players? You make it mayor.

They have to kill three randomly selected BGS before they can NK me.
If we get the roleblocker I become a jailkeeper with medic protection.

It's honestly mind boggling I have to explain.

I understand your point. I really do. It just hinges on us getting the roleblocker where there is no guarantee on. Otherwise none of this matters because most likely there is nothing else to roleblock than you....

I don't usually live long as town. There is perhaps some logic to that. I am not sure if you know this but i am 11/4 in LYLO (let it be F-3, F-5, or F-7) situations. From those games, one is where i had the correct read and i just couldnt for my life convince Oats to vote for VA over me even when the mafia dude was voting for Oats (lol). One i got right but i still consider it a loss, because i think Art/rsoul slot cheated to get me townread them and DP was mafia (RSM2).

So basically i am really fucking good when i live long enough. I just:
1) dont get to live long enough
2) dont have enough "decent people" around long enough

Both of these can be avoided this game, (2) naturally and (1) by making me a mayor.
I have never been lynched in LYLO as town, have you? Does it tell you anything about how you/me look to other people and who is more trusthworthy (if we assume we have good reads -- as i legit know you DO have good reads most of the time, later on in the game)?

The only other player i would genuinely say is on par or even perhaps better than i am late game as town is marv.


I have a 90% winrate in endgames bro.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:09 GMT
#1088
On March 05 2024 04:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 04:52 iamperfection wrote:
Vivax what is this your just making everyone go in circles. Just stop. Talk about something else. Vote ve

I am all in voting for VE tbh.


I don’t really want to.

He always gets lynched early. It sucks
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:10 GMT
#1093
On March 05 2024 05:08 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 13:51 iamperfection wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:49 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:48 iamperfection wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:46 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:39 iamperfection wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:36 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:36 iamperfection wrote:
dp being obtuse and ignoring me is extremely suspicious imo


I literally just replied to you, and I am being super smart, not obtuse.

Just FYI.

i dont think your being smart at all. its a non post imo. You trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill is very suspicious.


Why do you think its a non-post?

because its basically just banter.


Disagree. But DMB looks better since then so I don't really care anymore.

excuse me. What has dmb done better.

You were winning this entire chain till that last line from iamp. Did you answer DP?
And with winning I mean looking pretty townie.


Yeah I answered. Basically I liked the part where she thought me and vivax were partnered and her huge walls reminded me more of her town play than her scum play..


"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:13 GMT
#1098
On March 05 2024 05:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:07 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:31 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:23 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:19 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:10 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:08 iamperfection wrote:
[quote]
No how so.

Isn't Koshi saying he suspects a fake claim from Vivax?

This would be because Vivax is usually very adverse to real claiming,
Which implies this is a gambit for mayor.

If Vivax wasn't under pressure, that is further evidence it was a gambit for mayor.

Where is my comprehension/logic problem?


He is not fake claiming thats not what he would do.
As I already know fake claiming always be exposed at some point and as he loves to play here on TL he would not risk a fake claim as scum and risking an early lynch. Just feels so wrong and it would be not comparable with any game I habe read of him. Maybe he is Town and claims so we get a town mayor but even that doesn´t seem like his meta

Why would Vivax think we don't get town mayor as he thinks i am town?


Correction: I currently think you are town. But I know I'm town.

Yes but how does DMB come to conclusion that while you thinking i am town, you need to claim to have a town mayor? Because for me that seems like an insane thought process.


No it's clear rationality.
How do you protect the role that can't protect itself but other players? You make it mayor.

They have to kill three randomly selected BGS before they can NK me.
If we get the roleblocker I become a jailkeeper with medic protection.

It's honestly mind boggling I have to explain.

I understand your point. I really do. It just hinges on us getting the roleblocker where there is no guarantee on. Otherwise none of this matters because most likely there is nothing else to roleblock than you....

I don't usually live long as town. There is perhaps some logic to that. I am not sure if you know this but i am 11/4 in LYLO (let it be F-3, F-5, or F-7) situations. From those games, one is where i had the correct read and i just couldnt for my life convince Oats to vote for VA over me even when the mafia dude was voting for Oats (lol). One i got right but i still consider it a loss, because i think Art/rsoul slot cheated to get me townread them and DP was mafia (RSM2).

So basically i am really fucking good when i live long enough. I just:
1) dont get to live long enough
2) dont have enough "decent people" around long enough

Both of these can be avoided this game, (2) naturally and (1) by making me a mayor.
I have never been lynched in LYLO as town, have you? Does it tell you anything about how you/me look to other people and who is more trusthworthy (if we assume we have good reads -- as i legit know you DO have good reads most of the time, later on in the game)?

The only other player i would genuinely say is on par or even perhaps better than i am late game as town is marv.


I have a 90% winrate in endgames bro.

Then run for mayor.


I can tell by the current thread sentiment that it’s not very likely I’ll succeed.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:16 GMT
#1109
On March 05 2024 05:10 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:07 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:31 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:23 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:19 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:10 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:08 iamperfection wrote:
[quote]
No how so.

Isn't Koshi saying he suspects a fake claim from Vivax?

This would be because Vivax is usually very adverse to real claiming,
Which implies this is a gambit for mayor.

If Vivax wasn't under pressure, that is further evidence it was a gambit for mayor.

Where is my comprehension/logic problem?


He is not fake claiming thats not what he would do.
As I already know fake claiming always be exposed at some point and as he loves to play here on TL he would not risk a fake claim as scum and risking an early lynch. Just feels so wrong and it would be not comparable with any game I habe read of him. Maybe he is Town and claims so we get a town mayor but even that doesn´t seem like his meta

Why would Vivax think we don't get town mayor as he thinks i am town?


Correction: I currently think you are town. But I know I'm town.

Yes but how does DMB come to conclusion that while you thinking i am town, you need to claim to have a town mayor? Because for me that seems like an insane thought process.


No it's clear rationality.
How do you protect the role that can't protect itself but other players? You make it mayor.

They have to kill three randomly selected BGS before they can NK me.
If we get the roleblocker I become a jailkeeper with medic protection.

It's honestly mind boggling I have to explain.

I understand your point. I really do. It just hinges on us getting the roleblocker where there is no guarantee on. Otherwise none of this matters because most likely there is nothing else to roleblock than you....

I don't usually live long as town. There is perhaps some logic to that. I am not sure if you know this but i am 11/4 in LYLO (let it be F-3, F-5, or F-7) situations. From those games, one is where i had the correct read and i just couldnt for my life convince Oats to vote for VA over me even when the mafia dude was voting for Oats (lol). One i got right but i still consider it a loss, because i think Art/rsoul slot cheated to get me townread them and DP was mafia (RSM2).

So basically i am really fucking good when i live long enough. I just:
1) dont get to live long enough
2) dont have enough "decent people" around long enough

Both of these can be avoided this game, (2) naturally and (1) by making me a mayor.
I have never been lynched in LYLO as town, have you? Does it tell you anything about how you/me look to other people and who is more trusthworthy (if we assume we have good reads -- as i legit know you DO have good reads most of the time, later on in the game)?

The only other player i would genuinely say is on par or even perhaps better than i am late game as town is marv.


I have a 90% winrate in endgames bro.

As town? Do you get to endgame as town often enough to be statistically significant?

I don't disagree though. You're worth keeping around.


Yes as town. And yes I tend to survive, cause for whatever reason mafia tend to think iI’m a good mislynch candidate. I have a lot better record as town than as mafia. Even though apparently everyone is afraid of my scum play.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:20 GMT
#1120
On March 05 2024 05:18 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:16 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:10 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:07 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:31 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:23 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:19 die_meatbaby wrote:
[quote]

He is not fake claiming thats not what he would do.
As I already know fake claiming always be exposed at some point and as he loves to play here on TL he would not risk a fake claim as scum and risking an early lynch. Just feels so wrong and it would be not comparable with any game I habe read of him. Maybe he is Town and claims so we get a town mayor but even that doesn´t seem like his meta

Why would Vivax think we don't get town mayor as he thinks i am town?


Correction: I currently think you are town. But I know I'm town.

Yes but how does DMB come to conclusion that while you thinking i am town, you need to claim to have a town mayor? Because for me that seems like an insane thought process.


No it's clear rationality.
How do you protect the role that can't protect itself but other players? You make it mayor.

They have to kill three randomly selected BGS before they can NK me.
If we get the roleblocker I become a jailkeeper with medic protection.

It's honestly mind boggling I have to explain.

I understand your point. I really do. It just hinges on us getting the roleblocker where there is no guarantee on. Otherwise none of this matters because most likely there is nothing else to roleblock than you....

I don't usually live long as town. There is perhaps some logic to that. I am not sure if you know this but i am 11/4 in LYLO (let it be F-3, F-5, or F-7) situations. From those games, one is where i had the correct read and i just couldnt for my life convince Oats to vote for VA over me even when the mafia dude was voting for Oats (lol). One i got right but i still consider it a loss, because i think Art/rsoul slot cheated to get me townread them and DP was mafia (RSM2).

So basically i am really fucking good when i live long enough. I just:
1) dont get to live long enough
2) dont have enough "decent people" around long enough

Both of these can be avoided this game, (2) naturally and (1) by making me a mayor.
I have never been lynched in LYLO as town, have you? Does it tell you anything about how you/me look to other people and who is more trusthworthy (if we assume we have good reads -- as i legit know you DO have good reads most of the time, later on in the game)?

The only other player i would genuinely say is on par or even perhaps better than i am late game as town is marv.


I have a 90% winrate in endgames bro.

As town? Do you get to endgame as town often enough to be statistically significant?

I don't disagree though. You're worth keeping around.


Yes as town. And yes I tend to survive, cause for whatever reason mafia tend to think iI’m a good mislynch candidate. I have a lot better record as town than as mafia. Even though apparently everyone is afraid of my scum play.

*ahem*

pretty sure you are 11/12 as mafia on TL.


I’m 6 of 10
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:21 GMT
#1123
On March 05 2024 05:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
and the only game you lost is when i was mafia with you and OO and we bussed each other really really hard and OO fucked up using the town credit of both other mafia voting for him D1 lol.

It was hilarious.


Hilarious is not how I would put it.

There was no reason for me to die day one that game, and I was on an 11 game win streak too.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:27 GMT
#1131
I tend to like the town circle for now.

The only one I’m really afraid of being mafia in that lot is Rayn

I think mz looked wayyyy better recently so I’m moving him to town for now.

Cake still looks bad.

Koshi looks townie to me. He has that level of arrogance that I felt was missing in his mafia game. I also sensed he was genuinely butthurt at not being in the town circle which I found hilarious but also townie.

Rels makes sense, he is wayyyy less aggressive than I remember but that is old old meta.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:28 GMT
#1134
On March 05 2024 05:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Also that game included coag shooting me N1 because "i think rayn is town he is just so annoying" lol ^_^

But i am happy i broke your win streak


Whyyyyy
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:29 GMT
#1141
I’m voting vivax for mayor.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:30 GMT
#1143
I have high expectations from JAT after he talked such a big game in the obs last time.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:31 GMT
#1146
On March 05 2024 05:31 iamperfection wrote:
Dp why you ignore whisperer stuff


What do you mean?

I said I like the circle
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:32 GMT
#1149
I don’t think Rayn is outside of his scum range btw.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:33 GMT
#1154
On March 05 2024 05:32 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 04:59 Koshi wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:23 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:16 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:05 DarthPunk wrote:
DMB what is vivax's alignment?


EVERY SINGLE PERSON IS A SUSPECT RIGHT now. How the hell should i tell after one hour who could be tip top town (for this shit mayor thing) and mafia. He is nothing as player right now. But he was so mad at you for getting fooled by you on mafiascum that it´s just strange how give you this fucking early a townread. the hell i am thinking already of you and Vivax togther. But still to fucking early to make any decision on any aligment. I will take the first day do find a tip top town to vote as mayor because we always get the first lynch wrong anyways but thats how find the mafia later. I just don´t know what will happen if we lose the game because if mafia will fool us that this one person is maximum Town and best option for mayor. What happens if we vote mafia for mayor? we can not just lynch our mayor or can we still?
Do you have any game with mayor I can read so I would better understand how importend that role is? Because I think mafia will act and play differnt as usuall on D1 just because of this.

This is actually a good point regarding vivax giving dp such an early town read

It really isn't because if Vivax is mafia, he would abuse the fact he can't read DP town because he was fooled. So why would mafia!Vivax call town!DP town so early? Way better to shade him.

The post nly makes sense if mebaby tried to make a joke while jabbing Vivax a bit. Which is ok for me. But I am not sure that it was that.

Pure wifom



I think it was a good post. I mean it is wifom but it’s also true imo.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 20:34 GMT
#1156
On March 05 2024 05:33 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:30 DarthPunk wrote:
I have high expectations from JAT after he talked such a big game in the obs last time.

Is "talked big game" synonym to "had better reads than me" in australia?


lol, I’m better when I can interact ❤️
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 88 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1482
910 99
Bale 37
ZergMaN 23
Aegong 23
Noble 12
yabsab 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm158
Fuzer 72
League of Legends
JimRising 574
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King302
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1483
Other Games
summit1g9254
PiGStarcraft433
ceh9310
Sick164
ArmadaUGS139
Livibee96
Happy10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick578
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream243
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 5
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2316
League of Legends
• Rush1417
• Lourlo1246
• Stunt467
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 6m
OSC
6h 6m
Stellar Fest
6h 6m
OSC
17h 6m
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.