• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:17
CEST 16:17
KST 23:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)45Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
MakhanaSnackPrice StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8583 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 88

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 86 87 88
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 21 2024 03:35 GMT
#11028
On March 21 2024 12:28 CopCake wrote:
GG Jat

I was always saying “Jat is town” in obvs. Lol.

And now I know Mz is forever a shockey saying “meetings”


Well played cake on your read on me. I am sorry if I was a bit full on, I was trying my best to make the game hard for town.

You did well.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 21 2024 04:44 GMT
#11033
On March 21 2024 11:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2024 11:41 iamperfection wrote:
so new policy for DP over 50 page filter = auto lynch ?

remember he told this game he is burned out from last game, and i correctly suspected vivax for townreading him for it :D


I was legitimately not feeling great about playing again so soon. This was a special effort for you all.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 21 2024 08:37 GMT
#11045
Did you actually read the whole game blazinghand that is impressive.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 21 2024 08:39 GMT
#11046
On March 21 2024 16:16 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Thank god it's over, I hate playing scum.

I'm sure I've nuked my town meta for all time but I wanna make one thing clear, when I say I'm gone for flying that's legit, not an excuse to not be active. I just got back from stuff tonight.

I have some thoughts on some things from this game, one of which is the idea of using activity as a heuristic for scum reading people. I'll try and share them when I get home from this exercise next week if people are still interested.


You played so well dude. You can’t say you are a bad scum player anymore.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 21 2024 08:50 GMT
#11048
On March 21 2024 17:43 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 23:31 marvellosity wrote:
On March 09 2024 23:27 iamperfection wrote:
On March 09 2024 23:24 marvellosity wrote:
This isn’t a democracy

I'll give you one for sure then you give me one. TTS

I think these people are town

DP
Vivax
Jealous
Palmar
Cc
Jsl
Iamp
Koshi
Slam


Poe is the rest. But tbh I would be shocked if all the above are town.

I wasn’t doing too badly on n2 tbh!


Look at me on top of that list! Wasn’t I green before though 😛
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 21 2024 09:03 GMT
#11051
On March 21 2024 17:51 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2024 17:50 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 21 2024 17:43 marvellosity wrote:
On March 09 2024 23:31 marvellosity wrote:
On March 09 2024 23:27 iamperfection wrote:
On March 09 2024 23:24 marvellosity wrote:
This isn’t a democracy

I'll give you one for sure then you give me one. TTS

I think these people are town

DP
Vivax
Jealous
Palmar
Cc
Jsl
Iamp
Koshi
Slam


Poe is the rest. But tbh I would be shocked if all the above are town.

I wasn’t doing too badly on n2 tbh!


Look at me on top of that list! Wasn’t I green before though 😛

The green and bold are my highlights here.

The list wasn’t ordered, it’s in the order of the signup list



Ok fair. I did Think that was a pretty good read at the time. There is a reason you got shot.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 21 2024 09:07 GMT
#11053
On March 21 2024 18:01 marvellosity wrote:
JAT did very well to hide on DPs coat tails.

DP was sort of outed at the end but that’s the price of leading all the lynches.

Hard to lynch Jat over a few others though.

Very one sided in the end.


Agree JAT was the perfect partner actually. very well played by him.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 21 2024 09:14 GMT
#11060
On March 21 2024 18:08 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2024 18:03 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 21 2024 17:51 marvellosity wrote:
On March 21 2024 17:50 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 21 2024 17:43 marvellosity wrote:
On March 09 2024 23:31 marvellosity wrote:
On March 09 2024 23:27 iamperfection wrote:
On March 09 2024 23:24 marvellosity wrote:
This isn’t a democracy

I'll give you one for sure then you give me one. TTS

I think these people are town

DP
Vivax
Jealous
Palmar
Cc
Jsl
Iamp
Koshi
Slam


Poe is the rest. But tbh I would be shocked if all the above are town.

I wasn’t doing too badly on n2 tbh!


Look at me on top of that list! Wasn’t I green before though 😛

The green and bold are my highlights here.

The list wasn’t ordered, it’s in the order of the signup list



Ok fair. I did Think that was a pretty good read at the time. There is a reason you got shot.


The only mistakes you made really, and of course they didn’t matter at all, was claiming the gun like you did, and to a lesser extent shooting TTS didn’t make sense to me. I talked about this quite soon after I died. I play the percentages so I didn’t think you were mafia for it at the time or for a long time after.

You’ll say the claim was NAI, but it isn’t - it was careless. And as mafia in that spot you can afford to be careless because you know you’ll get your shot off. It’s a psychological thing.

Lynching palmar showed your hand but it just didn’t matter anymore.

Unbelievable performance though mate. Sensational really.


Thanks, means a lot.


Yeah it was bad. But I played it off as well as I could. The tts shot if questioned was going to be about because I stated in the thread it was a good vig shot so I had an obligation.

I definitely played to pushed a mafia agenda after the shot rather than stay hidden though
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 21 2024 09:18 GMT
#11062
On March 21 2024 18:09 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2024 18:07 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 21 2024 18:01 marvellosity wrote:
JAT did very well to hide on DPs coat tails.

DP was sort of outed at the end but that’s the price of leading all the lynches.

Hard to lynch Jat over a few others though.

Very one sided in the end.


Agree JAT was the perfect partner actually. very well played by him.

Didn't hurt that we are the polar opposite in our approach to playing mafia. It made it a well-rounded mix.


Yeah I think that’s what worked.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 21 2024 10:06 GMT
#11066
On March 21 2024 18:46 Palmar wrote:
Really good play by mafia, a lot of fun to have this kind of a game where mafia actually tries to control town and does it successfully.

Massive kudos to the entire team.


I genuinely felt bad about lynching you.

I would never lynch you as town in that spot. Definitely wasn’t gloating when I apologised, actually felt bad.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 21 2024 10:35 GMT
#11080
On March 21 2024 19:11 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2024 19:06 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 21 2024 18:46 Palmar wrote:
Really good play by mafia, a lot of fun to have this kind of a game where mafia actually tries to control town and does it successfully.

Massive kudos to the entire team.


I genuinely felt bad about lynching you.

I would never lynch you as town in that spot. Definitely wasn’t gloating when I apologised, actually felt bad.

All good man, you have a performance for the ages this game.

Your team was great, but this one is on you. Because while JAT and MZ successfully avoided the pointy end of the stick very well, you were the one that took charge of the thread and repeatedly led town into a terrible direction.

It's hard to overstate how impressive this game was. I can't think of a better mafia performance. I'm sure there are a few that rival this one, but it is definitely a HoF/top5 in the history if this site.

Edit: Basically, it's one thing to avoid lynches and rely on town making mistakes. What you did here is the next level of mafia play we almost never see. I'm actually kind of looking back through some archives and stuff to find anything similar. There are bound to be some, but this was pretty stellar.



Thanks I really appreciate that.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Prev 1 86 87 88
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1337
ComeBackTV 507
SteadfastSC455
TaKeTV 398
LamboSC2289
Rex135
IndyStarCraft 120
EnkiAlexander 37
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 455
LamboSC2 289
ProTech148
Rex 135
IndyStarCraft 120
BRAT_OK 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34639
Shuttle 2658
EffOrt 845
Horang2 822
Light 718
Soma 631
Mini 575
BeSt 330
Stork 314
firebathero 301
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 241
Rush 217
Snow 210
ggaemo 207
ZerO 190
Zeus 137
Leta 118
sorry 80
Killer 79
Pusan 77
hero 75
Sea.KH 59
Sharp 40
Shine 38
Mind 36
Mong 33
Shinee 33
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 26
soO 26
Aegong 24
Sexy 23
Terrorterran 21
Yoon 19
Trap 19
NotJumperer 19
Free 18
JulyZerg 11
Sacsri 9
zelot 8
Noble 5
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
Gorgc10152
Dendi908
qojqva888
Fuzer 183
420jenkins118
Counter-Strike
markeloff127
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2242
crisheroes1226
XaKoH 169
Other Games
gofns39486
singsing1973
B2W.Neo899
Hui .182
Liquid`VortiX161
ToD128
ArmadaUGS100
Mew2King76
QueenE74
Railgan15
Chillindude14
ZerO(Twitch)14
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile15
• Gemini_19 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2104
League of Legends
• Nemesis2668
• Jankos2044
• TFBlade890
Other Games
• WagamamaTV164
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 43m
Stellar Fest
22h 43m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.