• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:16
CEST 20:16
KST 03:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9315 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 22

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 28 Next All
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 01:30 GMT
#9019
Quoting myself from yesterday:
On March 15 2024 10:33 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 07:09 Palmar wrote:
I mean there's like 5 good reasons to lynch CC if we wanna go down that road

1) She has been caught making clear contradictions at least twice in the game
2) She is martyring, which should be a policy lynch
3) Koshi made a towncase on her
4) DP, my brother, my captain, my king

I figured I'd have more so 4 will do.

That's also a post I hated when I reread Palmar. That's what I meant when I said he would be ready to lynch anyone. Ready to lynch JAT, me, CC. It's like he's fishing for an out

On March 15 2024 10:32 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 23:31 Palmar wrote:
Maybe, I honestly don't know. I can't remember how excitable Rels is in games, it'd be a pure tone read and I feel like I have better things to read him on.

"better things"? Palmar like spent the last days listing a bunch of stuff and calling me conf town. Now he scumread me because of one single point

On March 15 2024 10:30 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 21:09 Palmar wrote:
On March 14 2024 21:05 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 14 2024 21:01 Palmar wrote:
On March 14 2024 21:00 DarthPunk wrote:
You gone? I’m off to bed then.

Well the call needs to be made.

I think I'll lynch any into cc, jat, rels at this point.


I’m fine with all of those.

We should probably lynch whoever is least likely to survive over yourself though.

I kinda don't think I'm in any real danger of dying. I feel like if there is one town in MZ and Rels they will be forced to reconsider their opinion on me as the day goes on, and I almost can't believe iamp would stick with his vote on me.

I just really, really want to hit mafia today. It's gonna make my life so much easier, and it's going to be hard and I'm probably going to have to be on the forefront of the wagon targeting said mafia. And I really, really don't want to mislynch a townie and have to deal with the bullshit fallout of that.

Also really don't like that post. It just sets up "MZ and Rels has to townread me now, if they don't I can push them".
Very similar to the thing that happened D1 where he got surprised at marv not townreading him while hard scumreading marv

Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 01:31 GMT
#9020
On March 16 2024 10:29 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2024 10:28 Rels wrote:
On March 16 2024 10:23 Koshi wrote:
MZ is mafia.
Jealous is mafia.

I dont know about the third but I was wrong on Palmar and JAT most likely.

Why did you change your read on Palmar? Hate what I saw yesterday from him. Very opportunistic change of read on me, ready to jump on anyone, jat, me, copcake

Because I stpped away from the JAT/Palmar scumteam and I am trusting JAT and DP as they have a strong tr on Palmar. If one of those is mafiabit still makes sense he is town.

I don't think any of those are scum though lol
. Jat is just sleeping Marv. Dp I m curious to have a more detailed read than just tone and meta
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 01:35 GMT
#9022
On March 16 2024 10:16 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:14 Koshi wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:55 ToTheStars wrote:
How do I make a mayor vote?

People who ask mundane questions to end their first visit to the thread should be lynched and or shot.

New to mafia playbook:
First throw out some not fleshed out reads to pretend they are helping town.
Secondly ask a question so the thread helps them be active and do something because they don't know what to do as mafia.

Seen it too much. Should be red throughout the game unless miracle play happens.


WIFOM but does scum!Koshi go this hard against TTS so early into the game?

On the one hand, D1 so stakes are low, also creates distance. On the other, why even put them on full blast like this when there are other non-bus targets to discredit? It's not like scum!TTS is a prevalent narrative at this point.

Funny, that's the first actual scummy thing I've read on koshi. What an overreaction to TTS question. Yeah it's kinda scum newbie indicative, but not "forever scum unless a miracle happens" lol
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 01:37 GMT
#9023
On March 16 2024 10:32 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2024 10:30 Rels wrote:
Quoting myself from yesterday:
On March 15 2024 10:33 Rels wrote:
On March 15 2024 07:09 Palmar wrote:
I mean there's like 5 good reasons to lynch CC if we wanna go down that road

1) She has been caught making clear contradictions at least twice in the game
2) She is martyring, which should be a policy lynch
3) Koshi made a towncase on her
4) DP, my brother, my captain, my king

I figured I'd have more so 4 will do.

That's also a post I hated when I reread Palmar. That's what I meant when I said he would be ready to lynch anyone. Ready to lynch JAT, me, CC. It's like he's fishing for an out

On March 15 2024 10:32 Rels wrote:
On March 14 2024 23:31 Palmar wrote:
Maybe, I honestly don't know. I can't remember how excitable Rels is in games, it'd be a pure tone read and I feel like I have better things to read him on.

"better things"? Palmar like spent the last days listing a bunch of stuff and calling me conf town. Now he scumread me because of one single point

On March 15 2024 10:30 Rels wrote:
On March 14 2024 21:09 Palmar wrote:
On March 14 2024 21:05 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 14 2024 21:01 Palmar wrote:
On March 14 2024 21:00 DarthPunk wrote:
You gone? I’m off to bed then.

Well the call needs to be made.

I think I'll lynch any into cc, jat, rels at this point.


I’m fine with all of those.

We should probably lynch whoever is least likely to survive over yourself though.

I kinda don't think I'm in any real danger of dying. I feel like if there is one town in MZ and Rels they will be forced to reconsider their opinion on me as the day goes on, and I almost can't believe iamp would stick with his vote on me.

I just really, really want to hit mafia today. It's gonna make my life so much easier, and it's going to be hard and I'm probably going to have to be on the forefront of the wagon targeting said mafia. And I really, really don't want to mislynch a townie and have to deal with the bullshit fallout of that.

Also really don't like that post. It just sets up "MZ and Rels has to townread me now, if they don't I can push them".
Very similar to the thing that happened D1 where he got surprised at marv not townreading him while hard scumreading marv


I cant decide between the JAT/Palmar and the Jealous/MZ option.

Why are those linked together though?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 01:46 GMT
#9029
On March 16 2024 10:45 Koshi wrote:
Or not. I really dont know.
His CC townread after VE/CC might have been a real thing.
But to instantly start to sus players thinking CC mafia during tge entire day. Big meh.

What's that?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 02:05 GMT
#9045
WP Koshi
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 02:08 GMT
#9050
On March 16 2024 10:50 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 00:44 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 15 2024 00:41 Koshi wrote:
I do not believe iamp is mafia
But CC/MZ/JAT

I kinda like it in a world Palmar isnt mafia.

I'm having a hard time seeing that world, but I'm more worried about you starting to see CC as mafia again, have you not read any of her posts this cycle?


The rest isnt as obvious. But for example he pushes you (Rels) for voting CC.

But his filter checks out that he started reading CC town so..... I dont know.

Checked it out during flip, the progression seems genuine to me. Shocked by the VE flip, changed his reads
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 02:09 GMT
#9052
Well since I'm considered an oracle by the person that scumread me, let me lead you to my least favorite partner
##Vote Palmar
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 02:10 GMT
#9055
On March 16 2024 11:09 DarthPunk wrote:
Clearly my reads are completely wrong, or I am being fucked with, either way this is amazing and woeful at the same time.

TBH my conspiracy sense is starting to tingle too
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 02:16 GMT
#9064
On March 16 2024 11:13 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2024 11:05 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 16 2024 11:04 Jealous wrote:
On March 16 2024 11:04 DarthPunk wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

The disrespect is real.

Wym?


Im alive and Koshi is dead.

Imma need an adult to hold my hand through this.

Is lynching the most townread person always the best play? Let's assume no blue roles.

I think there is a potential argument here but I'd want to hear your thoughts first.

Weird post to make. In what world was Koshi more townread than DP? You yourself were having doubts regarding Koshi and none regarding DP last night right?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 02:18 GMT
#9067
On March 16 2024 11:17 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2024 11:16 Rels wrote:
On March 16 2024 11:13 Jealous wrote:
On March 16 2024 11:05 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 16 2024 11:04 Jealous wrote:
On March 16 2024 11:04 DarthPunk wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

The disrespect is real.

Wym?


Im alive and Koshi is dead.

Imma need an adult to hold my hand through this.

Is lynching the most townread person always the best play? Let's assume no blue roles.

I think there is a potential argument here but I'd want to hear your thoughts first.

Weird post to make. In what world was Koshi more townread than DP? You yourself were having doubts regarding Koshi and none regarding DP last night right?


I think he is trying to justify why I am alive?

I read it as "Koshi was super townread, best play for scum would be to shoot him, why are you surprised to be alive?"
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 02:22 GMT
#9076
On March 16 2024 11:21 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2024 11:16 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 16 2024 11:13 Jealous wrote:
On March 16 2024 11:05 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 16 2024 11:04 Jealous wrote:
On March 16 2024 11:04 DarthPunk wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

The disrespect is real.

Wym?


Im alive and Koshi is dead.

Imma need an adult to hold my hand through this.

Is lynching the most townread person always the best play? Let's assume no blue roles.

I think there is a potential argument here but I'd want to hear your thoughts first.


You mean night killing?

Yea my b, is Friday and I'm at the bar again.

Have fun
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 02:32 GMT
#9083
On March 16 2024 11:24 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2024 11:18 iamperfection wrote:
my hierarchy of killing for a mafia team is - Confirmed by mechanics, Strong players making sense, Players making sense, blue snipes, Strong players, the rest.

See, my thinking is, if someone's reads are "too good" then lynching them might expose the scum team, right?

oh OK, I got your point now
there might be multiple reasons to kill or not kill the most townread person in the game, including WIFOM. If the most townread person in the game also has the perfect reads though, not much reason to not kill him unless your team is super screwed and you want to go for the chaos WIFOM option
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 02:40 GMT
#9090
well, going to sleep. See you all tomorrow
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 16 2024 02:42 GMT
#9092
lol
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 17 2024 02:14 GMT
#9479
On March 16 2024 19:34 DarthPunk wrote:
Well Palmar if you are pocketing me this game so be it, you slipped straight back into my pocket.

Vote: Jealous

Might be deep into a tunnel but I didn't see anything that would be hard to fake
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 17 2024 02:16 GMT
#9481
On March 16 2024 19:37 Palmar wrote:
I hate reading MZ so much.

I'm so certain he has to be mafia for the game to make sense. And my feeling throughout the game, and even very often in his posting he sounds like passive mafia. He's never in the thick of things. He even did the same dumbass "I'll be mayor" thing that Oats did.

But he's just such a genuinely likable person that I don't want to call him scum, and it makes it hard. I'm just a short bit into his filter and I need to head out now.

I am going to be far less available than yesterday, so you know, if you wanna take a shot at me, your shot is today boys

Interested to see what you think of his D2
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 17 2024 02:16 GMT
#9483
On March 17 2024 11:16 Jealous wrote:
Lol some things don't change I guess, was fun revisiting my old games:

Show nested quote +
On August 16 2017 00:48 Jealous wrote:
On August 16 2017 00:37 CopCake wrote:
If I have my ways to read people those are my ways, I dont need to use a general filter but my experience with said player.

https://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_loftus_the_fiction_of_memory

[image loading]


lool
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 17 2024 02:22 GMT
#9485
On March 17 2024 01:46 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 01:41 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 16 2024 19:34 DarthPunk wrote:
Well Palmar if you are pocketing me this game so be it, you slipped straight back into my pocket.

Vote: Jealous

So you agree with me then that Jealous made a deliberate dumbtell?

I'm frustrated nobody bothered to read what I wrote last night.

This is also a lazy reason to townread Palmar and we're past the point where town can be lazy.

Tbf I read it but I don't think my input is too valuable here lol.

However I think you might have overplayed your hand a bit here. I am conniving enough to make a deliberate dumbtell, but also dumb enough to breadcrumb it in the thread twice? Isn't it just more likely that alcohol makes people do dumb shit, regardless of how judgmental they may be about sober people doing dumb shit?

Also, objectively I think that a self-vote is different from a dumbtell, but I'm keeping it in your POV for arguments' sake.

Don't really like the tone of this post, especially the "overplayed" part - I didn't get the feeling that Jealous was hard scumreading MZ, but he's treating him as conf scum there
Yeah the posts previous to this one that talks about MZ:
On March 16 2024 11:34 Jealous wrote:
Okay so this is where I'm at.

Last Day of Safety
DP, Vivax

Wouldn't lynch over the people below
Iamp, JAT

Need to revisit:
MZ, though this applies to some people below as noted

Lynchable
DMB, Koshi (until further filtering)

More lynchable but this game is hard
... and you played well enough at least tbh
Palmar, Rels


On March 17 2024 01:12 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 01:07 iamperfection wrote:
and i dont think its vivax and its obviously not me so therefore one of palmar mz has to be mafia if not both.


I think it is likely that there is at least one.

Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 17 2024 02:27 GMT
#9489
On March 17 2024 03:17 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Yeah
Both Rels and DMB seem to have fallen off hard.

How so? I think I literally entered the thread every day at around the same time when my daughter is asleep, and probably played for more or less the same time (a few hours) before having to go to sleep
Spoiler, tomorrow will be more of the same, we'll be downtown all day
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 834
SteadfastSC456
IndyStarCraft 186
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 632
SteadfastSC 456
IndyStarCraft 186
UpATreeSC 108
JuggernautJason5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23086
firebathero 206
Rush 128
Dewaltoss 50
Sexy 27
Trap 21
Shine 16
Bale 15
Djem5 7
yabsab 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7525
qojqva1571
420jenkins143
monkeys_forever39
Counter-Strike
fl0m1602
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2052
crisheroes1174
Liquid`Hasu602
XaKoH 152
MindelVK16
Other Games
Grubby2337
ceh9784
FrodaN670
Beastyqt647
ArmadaUGS198
KnowMe154
Hui .153
C9.Mang0123
QueenE108
byalli107
Trikslyr74
Mew2King64
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
Other Games
BasetradeTV7
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 5
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• FirePhoenix13
• 80smullet 12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis2305
League of Legends
• TFBlade1207
Other Games
• imaqtpie825
• Shiphtur257
• WagamamaTV244
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 44m
Stellar Fest
18h 44m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.