• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:44
CEST 13:44
KST 20:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9106 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 86 87 88 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 28 2024 04:17 GMT
#83
On February 28 2024 13:16 Grackaroni wrote:
If it's any encouragement, Oats/Rayn/Vivax/I all just got absolutely crushed by scum DP.

Still fun!


So you are saying nothing changed?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 28 2024 06:59 GMT
#86
On February 28 2024 14:29 ToTheStars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2024 06:21 DarthPunk wrote:
On February 28 2024 06:06 ToTheStars wrote:
/in

hopefully I'm not murdered for playing by MafiaScum's meta


You’ll be fine.

Just be aware we use the L word.


I'm fine with that lol


Oh we don't do RVS, and its plurality lynch. And there are less roles and claims generally.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 28 2024 20:34 GMT
#99
On February 29 2024 04:38 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2024 04:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
So as mafia if you shoot the mayor, nothing happens instead of random BG dying?

Yes nothing would happen. Mayor is immune to KP until all of the town aligned bodyguards are dead.


Ooof I hope I roll town.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 29 2024 01:08 GMT
#102
On February 29 2024 00:25 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2024 23:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Do we have to expect a game start this week?
On a holiday so asking if its possible the game starts before sunday eve?

I'm thinking the soonest would be sunday night or it will be early next week.


Sunday night works best for me.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 29 2024 05:44 GMT
#104
when was the last game with this many players?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 01 2024 00:43 GMT
#112
On March 01 2024 04:15 Trfel wrote:
For the record, my personal preference is that mafia KP depends on the day instead of the number of remaining mafia players. Just makes the game a bit less snowball-y.

I prefer a fixed factional kp

If you need more kp maybe a serial killer.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 01 2024 01:02 GMT
#114
On March 01 2024 09:56 iamperfection wrote:
give everyone a gun


we did that in vengeful. It sucked.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 01 2024 01:04 GMT
#115
On March 01 2024 02:06 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2024 14:44 DarthPunk wrote:
when was the last game with this many players?

I think the Chezinu streak game in like 2021?


That was only 14
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 01 2024 02:47 GMT
#119
I remember I only really used to like mini's with low power, never really liked games with huge numbers or heaps of roles.

My ideal setup is something like 11 -3 with a Cop, Jail Keeper, Mafia Roleblocker, and a Godfather
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 01 2024 02:51 GMT
#120
This is the best setup I ever played actually.

On October 20 2012 03:53 Blazinghand wrote:


Roles and Setup information


This is a semi-open setup. There are four possible setups, and which setup is chosen will be RNGed. The chosen setup is not revealed, but it should be deducable as the game goes on.


The Gom Special League Finalists


Progamer (Vanilla Townie): You're one of the best players of your era. You've fought your way here, to the finals of the GOM Special League! Your favorite things are Farming and long walks on the beach. You are a VT. Find and destroy the cheesers.

NesTea (Parity Cop): Each night you can use your warding skills to ward the enemy jungle to scout someone and see who they are. However, the metagame is young so you can't really tell what's going on without a comparison point! Each night you target someone, and you're told if the alignment of your target is the same or different as your previous target. Your N1 check doesn't return anything, but is neccessary for your N2 check to work. You can't check yourself. Find and destroy the cheesers.

HopeTorture (Doctor): You're a huge nerd baller and are here to crush any hope of early game ganks. Each night you can ward the tribush to stop an incoming gank. Remember, support is the most important role. Each night, you can save someone from the nightkill. You can't protect the same player twice in a row. You can't save yourself. Find and destroy the cheesers.

BoxeR (Named VT): You are a blue with no powers. Still, you are the legendary BoxeR, so you can of course roleclaim. However, you just switched over, and you're an AP carry so you don't know if you're Lim Yo Hwan or Lee Jung Hoon. There might both be in this game, or it might be just you and HopeTorture, or you and NesTea. Find and destroy the cheesers.

Town Win Condition - The town wins when there are no mafia left in the game or nothing can prevent that from happening.


Sons of the eSports Revolution


Forum Hero (Mafia Goon): You are scum. You have no special powers. You win when scum outnumbers town or nothing can prevent that.

Trilaner (Mafia RB): You are scum. Each night, you can trilane an enemy to gank him. You can RB and send in the factional KP in the same night if you are the last scum. The target, even if he is a VT, is notified of being roleblocked. You win when scum outnumbers town or nothing can prevent that.

Mafia Win condition - The mafia wins when there are no remaining townies or nothing can prevent that from happening.


Possible Setups

A) 1 Forum Hero, 1 Trilaner, 1 HopeTorture, 1 NesTea, 5 Progamers
B) 2 Forum Heroes, 1 BoxeR, 1 NesTea, 5 Progamers
C) 2 Forum Heroes, 1 BoxeR, 1 HopeTorture, 5 Progamers
D) 1 Forum Hero, 1 Trilaner, 2 BoxeRs, 5 Progamers


Each setup is equally likely. Who gets what role will be RNGed.



Sample PMs:

Show nested quote +
Progamer
Show nested quote +
BoxeR
Show nested quote +
HopeTorture
Show nested quote +
NesTea
Show nested quote +
Forum Hero, your QT: _____
Show nested quote +
Trilaner, your QT: _____

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 01 2024 03:05 GMT
#122
On March 01 2024 11:58 Grackaroni wrote:
Good news everyone!

Blazinghand has graciously offered to provide the post-game analysis for this game!


Will it come with the British Empire II analysis as a foreward?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 01 2024 05:11 GMT
#126
On March 01 2024 13:12 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2024 12:05 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 01 2024 11:58 Grackaroni wrote:
Good news everyone!

Blazinghand has graciously offered to provide the post-game analysis for this game!


Will it come with the British Empire II analysis as a foreward?

In a sense - I'll do this one with after the British Empire Mini Mafia II analysis


I’d rather you just /in and teach us how to play that way 😀
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 03 2024 03:44 GMT
#137
On March 03 2024 11:37 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Before game start next weekend aus time I'm flying to sydney competing and flying back so will have irl reasons to be less active that time. (mostly on the sunday) Still will be around, airports are boring.


Jakes a fencing champion. How fancy.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 02:37 GMT
#143
HYPE!!!
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 03:05 GMT
#145
I'm around if anyone wants to chat.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 03:10 GMT
#150
On March 04 2024 12:09 JacobStrangelove wrote:
I can chat also around. This said I'm going to act as if you're never mafia (unless you paint yourself red and dance in the blood of your enemies in the street) as this does two things. it stops me from tunneling you to death and being scared of losing to you and saves my ego if you are mafia and win because I decided to not focus on you at the start.


Well lucky for you I am town so that works.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 03:12 GMT
#153
On March 04 2024 12:09 Trfel wrote:
Also apparently it's my birthday? Good to know, haha.


Happy Birthday!
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 03:13 GMT
#154
On March 04 2024 12:10 iamperfection wrote:
whisperer me if you are town.


No, Me!
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 03:16 GMT
#162
On March 04 2024 12:13 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 12:05 DarthPunk wrote:
I'm around if anyone wants to chat.


You don‘t want to be mayor?

Patriotism is just a defense mechanism for those who can only feel at home in their own country.

Unrelated but randomly came to me on my way home.

Otherwise…

I will roll back on my promise to vote Palmar and want to be mayor instead. I think it would be beneficial and I will just leave the actual work to others like certain US presidents.


I am assuming that I will be voted mayor from being obviously town by the end of the cycle, or someone else will be obv town that Ill be ok with.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 03:20 GMT
#169
well I can confidently state that I won't be voting for MZ that's for sure.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 86 87 88 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko412
ProTech116
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16313
firebathero 1949
Bisu 1340
Hyuk 673
Horang2 566
BeSt 327
Mini 242
Larva 238
EffOrt 214
Light 180
[ Show more ]
Soma 162
ZerO 94
Barracks 92
Leta 90
Mong 81
Rush 79
Snow 59
Pusan 53
Killer 46
ToSsGirL 36
Shinee 35
NaDa 33
Mind 32
Sharp 32
Aegong 31
zelot 30
Bale 23
Sexy 23
Sacsri 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
sorry 15
Noble 11
Terrorterran 10
JulyZerg 10
Dota 2
XaKoH 423
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss877
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1138
Khaldor1030
Other Games
gofns40459
singsing2084
olofmeister1415
B2W.Neo291
Livibee130
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS54
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream253
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH198
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 16m
OSC
10h 16m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 16m
Online Event
23h 16m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.