• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:01
CEST 18:01
KST 01:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8164 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 28 Next All
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 00:56 GMT
#5737
@DMB:
On March 08 2024 13:53 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:15 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 05 2024 02:56 CopCake wrote:
I also do not understand the whole vivax is town because he claimed jailkeeper because that is bullshit.

Not because the logic of the whole scenario but because I think he is the type of player to be insane enough as mafia to do something like that.


I have to mention that I have read so many games from Vivax from the last decade. I can't remember a single game where he claimed a PR as Mafia. He only does something like that when he's really blue or at least green. I think he wouldn't do shit like that, which happens often and ends bad for scum, on day 1 as a scum. toooooo fucking risky. First lowkey townread I have so far.

Maybe we should really make him mayor. He would not ever do that so early and risking d1 lynch for that. Would be to insane

Why did you use "lowkey" there? That doesn't match with the rest of the words, that indicates a pretty strong townread - or with your posts afterwards

Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 11:52 die_meatbaby wrote:
Rayn
On March 05 2024 04:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:58 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:31 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:23 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:19 die_meatbaby wrote:
[quote]

He is not fake claiming thats not what he would do.
As I already know fake claiming always be exposed at some point and as he loves to play here on TL he would not risk a fake claim as scum and risking an early lynch. Just feels so wrong and it would be not comparable with any game I habe read of him. Maybe he is Town and claims so we get a town mayor but even that doesn´t seem like his meta

Why would Vivax think we don't get town mayor as he thinks i am town?


Correction: I currently think you are town. But I know I'm town.

Yes but how does DMB come to conclusion that while you thinking i am town, you need to claim to have a town mayor? Because for me that seems like an insane thought process.


No it's clear rationality.
How do you protect the role that can't protect itself but other players? You make it mayor.

They have to kill three randomly selected BGS before they can NK me.
If we get the roleblocker I become a jailkeeper with medic protection.

It's honestly mind boggling I have to explain.

I understand your point. I really do. It just hinges on us getting the roleblocker where there is no guarantee on. Otherwise none of this matters because most likely there is nothing else to roleblock than you....

I don't usually live long as town. There is perhaps some logic to that. I am not sure if you know this but i am 11/4 in LYLO (let it be F-3, F-5, or F-7) situations. From those games, one is where i had the correct read and i just couldnt for my life convince Oats to vote for VA over me even when the mafia dude was voting for Oats (lol). One i got right but i still consider it a loss, because i think Art/rsoul slot cheated to get me townread them and DP was mafia (RSM2).

So basically i am really fucking good when i live long enough. I just:
1) dont get to live long enough
2) dont have enough "decent people" around long enough

Both of these can be avoided this game, (2) naturally and (1) by making me a mayor.
I have never been lynched in LYLO as town, have you? Does it tell you anything about how you/me look to other people and who is more trusthworthy (if we assume we have good reads -- as i legit know you DO have good reads most of the time, later on in the game)?

The only other player i would genuinely say is on par or even perhaps better than i am late game as town is marv.


you rolled so often mafia that your mafia game is insane and i would not vote you as a mayor in any game. There is no way to confince me to vote you as major. I would rather vote on somebody who plays bad mafia. You are not a safe option for mayor def. not.

that's bullshit you have not seen me mafia aside from last game and i havent rolled mafia in like 1,5 years before that.

I actually called him a really good mafia player here and his reaction is definitely not townish.

Why? I don't understand the reasonnig. Can you summarize in 1 sentence why you thought it made rayn scum at the time?

Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 00:59 GMT
#5740
Beautiful preflip "everyone is happy" moment in the last few pages haha
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 01:02 GMT
#5741
On March 10 2024 09:58 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2024 09:46 Rels wrote:
On March 09 2024 23:31 marvellosity wrote:
On March 09 2024 23:27 iamperfection wrote:
On March 09 2024 23:24 marvellosity wrote:
This isn’t a democracy

I'll give you one for sure then you give me one. TTS

I think these people are town

DP
Vivax
Jealous
Palmar
Cc
Jsl
Iamp
Koshi
Slam

Poe is the rest. But tbh I would be shocked if all the above are town.

I think we have the exact same list if Jealous is swapped for JAT. Why Jealous?

I talked about before but his first big list post I vibed with his Jat and Hapa reads. Stupid things like his pic response to something I forgot now. Cc was offended but his formatting of her play as both town and mafia. I mean who does that?!

He just seems interested. Doesn’t he seem interested?

Does he? Reading through his filter yesterday, I saw busywork and good reasons to do what he did. Like, "big post summarizing Oats reads", "here is update 1, update 2" ... "Koshi and Vivax must have had a plan to not vote the red check" "oh they didn't have a plan, I want them to answer", pushed them and got into a back and forth with Vivax, yet still doesn't have a conclusion on what it meant ...
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 01:03 GMT
#5742
"good reasons to do what he did" is badly said lol, but like, "I must have a logical reason for my post that I can deliver if asked" ... that's the feeling I got
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 01:08 GMT
#5746
On March 10 2024 10:04 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2024 10:02 Rels wrote:
On March 10 2024 09:58 marvellosity wrote:
On March 10 2024 09:46 Rels wrote:
On March 09 2024 23:31 marvellosity wrote:
On March 09 2024 23:27 iamperfection wrote:
On March 09 2024 23:24 marvellosity wrote:
This isn’t a democracy

I'll give you one for sure then you give me one. TTS

I think these people are town

DP
Vivax
Jealous
Palmar
Cc
Jsl
Iamp
Koshi
Slam

Poe is the rest. But tbh I would be shocked if all the above are town.

I think we have the exact same list if Jealous is swapped for JAT. Why Jealous?

I talked about before but his first big list post I vibed with his Jat and Hapa reads. Stupid things like his pic response to something I forgot now. Cc was offended but his formatting of her play as both town and mafia. I mean who does that?!

He just seems interested. Doesn’t he seem interested?

Does he? Reading through his filter yesterday, I saw busywork and good reasons to do what he did. Like, "big post summarizing Oats reads", "here is update 1, update 2" ... "Koshi and Vivax must have had a plan to not vote the red check" "oh they didn't have a plan, I want them to answer", pushed them and got into a back and forth with Vivax, yet still doesn't have a conclusion on what it meant ...

too thinky for me rn.

I would lynch you over him tho

Maybe I’m a jubjub

I wouldn't
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 01:30 GMT
#5770
Why the 2 groups? What link those players together?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 01:46 GMT
#5785
On March 10 2024 10:38 die_meatbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2024 10:30 Rels wrote:
Why the 2 groups? What link those players together?


Actually I saw this tactic in some old game and thought it was very good. It helps a lot when you're tunnelling the same person for a long time.
Group 1
Is stronger in my eyes.
More difficult to find.
Can immediately take over the thread
Excellent manipulation skills on Town for miss lynches (especially when we have weak Townies like me who can be easily lynched).

Group 2
Don´t fear me that much when one of them is scum
easier to catch
less manipulation
more obvious scum play and reveals easier for me.

Weird
What old game?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 01:47 GMT
#5786
On March 10 2024 10:43 DarthPunk wrote:
I wonder if cake and dmb backed off cause I have a gun

If that was true, what would that make them?
But I don't think so
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 02:56 GMT
#5821
I would absolutely be OK with allowing editing of that picture as has been proposed at some point. I think we should do it
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 02:59 GMT
#5826
On March 10 2024 11:39 die_meatbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2024 11:30 marvellosity wrote:
On March 10 2024 11:28 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 10 2024 11:24 marvellosity wrote:
On March 10 2024 11:20 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 10 2024 11:18 marvellosity wrote:
On March 10 2024 11:14 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 10 2024 11:12 marvellosity wrote:
So DMB is mafia then

why??

I shouldn’t be playing tbh. I will try to phrase better.

If Vivax is mafia and he claims jk early day 1 he risks being counterclaimed. 1 for 1 is terrible trade. Why would he do this?

thats what I try to figure out. How it would make sense him doeing that as mafia

You know him.

You know if he is mafia then why would he risk claiming Jk when he might be counterclaimed.

Give me your best guess if you believe that.

What is the gain for Vivax as mafia there?


I don´t know!!! I just hate his hole play on D2. He play not this stupid as Town!!!

Can you explain it to me? Pls explain how I lost my Townie thoughts on him? I don´t know it either and it fucking disturbs me.
Are you with him? Do you know what he is? Are you two teammates?
How is the weather in your mafia discord?

?

That isn’t an answer. Take a step back and answer my question again.

You can’t call Vivax mafia unless you can answer my question


I called Vivax mafia because his hole Day 2 is just a fucking shit show compared to his usuall Town games.
but what bothers me is that I still don´t believe he could claim jk as mafia. It´s just tooo fucking risky.
Day 2 is just so shit that I have to consider him as potential scum

I don't understand how anyone would change their read on DMB from scum to town over this. Not saying it makes her scum, but if you assume she can think this bad logic as town, you should assume she also can as scum. I'm not seeing anything that couldn't be reproduced
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 03:05 GMT
#5843
Nice
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 03:06 GMT
#5848
##Vote VisceraEyes
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 03:18 GMT
#5887
On March 10 2024 12:08 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2024 12:07 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:07 iamperfection wrote:
and do you want to play some host wifom DP

Sure.

wouldnt worry about the edit if meat was mafia?

? What kind of reasonning is that lol
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 03:21 GMT
#5897
On March 10 2024 12:16 Jealous wrote:
So just to be clear, Vivax JK's Slam, and slam dies anyway, but so does marv. That means that there were two shots on Slam, one to break JK and one to kill. I am a bit tipsy and I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Is it a requirement to fake a dumbtell at least once this game or what. It's like a challenge I was not aware of
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 03:24 GMT
#5907
On March 10 2024 12:18 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2024 12:18 Rels wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:08 iamperfection wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:07 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:07 iamperfection wrote:
and do you want to play some host wifom DP

Sure.

wouldnt worry about the edit if meat was mafia?

? What kind of reasonning is that lol

next level thinking

So next level it wraps back to the stupid side

If you push it further too, Grack ignored the first request by Jealous too back when it was first called out, and only granted it after the talk came back right now
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 03:32 GMT
#5916
On March 10 2024 12:24 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2024 12:23 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:20 iamperfection wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:19 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:14 Jealous wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:13 iamperfection wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:12 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:12 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:11 die_meatbaby wrote:
Town points for DP btw why


What you mean?

the shoot makes you town for me

wow how could have come to such a conclusion

Nah man, the greatest bus of all time is unfolding right in front of our eyes.

Sorry i think I am getting blind. Can you help me to see it?

i dont know if your trolling but DP shot mafia.... i think you can put 2 and 2 together.

yeah he is town. I was wrong I got that. But where is the bus?

he was making a joke. Because its obviously not a bus and would be the most legendary play of all time to shoot your scum partner for cred.

Unecessary too, since I assume not using the shot and using it to kill a townie during the last night would gain scum a mislynch. So it would even be playing actively against their wincon
With shot => 10 town vs 3 scum now => 3 ML before LYLO
Without shot => 9 town (with the gun being used later) vs 4 scum => 2 ML before LYLO

BTW 3 more mislynches allowed, nice. And that's assuming we don't lynch the RB at some point before all BGs die, which would open up the possibility for night saves
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 03:35 GMT
#5921
On March 10 2024 12:32 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2024 12:24 iamperfection wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:23 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:20 iamperfection wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:19 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:14 Jealous wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:13 iamperfection wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:12 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:12 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 10 2024 12:11 die_meatbaby wrote:
Town points for DP btw why


What you mean?

the shoot makes you town for me

wow how could have come to such a conclusion

Nah man, the greatest bus of all time is unfolding right in front of our eyes.

Sorry i think I am getting blind. Can you help me to see it?

i dont know if your trolling but DP shot mafia.... i think you can put 2 and 2 together.

yeah he is town. I was wrong I got that. But where is the bus?

he was making a joke. Because its obviously not a bus and would be the most legendary play of all time to shoot your scum partner for cred.

Unecessary too, since I assume not using the shot and using it to kill a townie during the last night would gain scum a mislynch. So it would even be playing actively against their wincon
With shot => 10 town vs 3 scum now => 3 ML before LYLO
Without shot => 9 town (with the gun being used later) vs 4 scum => 2 ML before LYLO

BTW 3 more mislynches allowed, nice. And that's assuming we don't lynch the RB at some point before all BGs die, which would open up the possibility for night saves

With Vivax having to be RB though, I guess DP couldn't keep the shot actually. But could have killed the scummiest townie
I guess it would have been me lol
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 03:36 GMT
#5922
We mislynched 2 townies D1 and still have 3 free mislynches. Pretty hard game to lose ...
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 03:41 GMT
#5926
With this out of the way, going to bed. Very interested to see how CopCake handles this (still thinks she's town but interested nonetheless)
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 10 2024 03:43 GMT
#5928
Also. I caught TTS D1
(yes I know, I must have been distancing ... lol)
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1263
ComeBackTV 933
SteadfastSC791
TaKeTV 510
IndyStarCraft 179
Rex153
EnkiAlexander 84
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 778
IndyStarCraft 184
Rex 153
ProTech127
BRAT_OK 41
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44859
Bisu 2388
EffOrt 983
Shuttle 591
Mini 486
BeSt 471
Soma 435
Light 434
Larva 367
ZerO 206
[ Show more ]
Rush 199
Hyuk 163
firebathero 79
Mong 63
910 62
Pusan 57
Snow 53
Sexy 42
ToSsGirL 35
Aegong 32
Trap 29
Bale 24
Terrorterran 23
JYJ 20
Shine 19
Rock 16
yabsab 11
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8760
qojqva1070
Counter-Strike
fl0m829
Fnx 822
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1613
Khaldor1154
Other Games
singsing1876
hiko1436
Beastyqt651
Livibee196
Hui .170
ArmadaUGS159
KnowMe123
XaKoH 118
QueenE87
Mew2King75
DeMusliM57
ZerO(Twitch)14
CosmosSc2 4
FrodaN0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 36
• mYiSmile130
• StrangeGG 30
• Gemini_19 12
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 43
• Michael_bg 8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3374
• TFBlade366
Other Games
• Shiphtur309
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 59m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 59m
Online Event
18h 59m
FEL
23h 59m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.