• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:32
CEST 18:32
KST 01:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9010 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 05:17 GMT
#787
I'm around.

7 players.
I'm town. Hapahauli claimed blue. Five left, two mafia.

If raynpelikoneet is mafia, he's playing exceptionally well. I almost want to call him mafia because I am not sure who is mafia and it almost feels like TMI on Jockmcplop, but that's not really fair. I don't have any actual reasons to call him mafia, so he is most likely town.

Tictock feels towny, he's felt especially invested as of late. I remember him being able to replicate his town play fairly well as mafia, however his most recent mafia game has much more rigid posting than this game. So tone also says he is town. I would say Tictock is a good chance of being town, but could be wrong.

Leaves Fecalfeast, ShoCkeyy, and Vivax. I looked through Fecalfeast and ShoCkeyy's filters earlier and didn't find very much useful stuff. While I'm glad Fecalfeast has started to put a bit more effort in, I haven't yet seen anything too alignment indicative. Though I could very well be missing stuff. Vivax also feels towny to me, though that's just a weak impression and I still need to check his filter.

Honestly everyone kinda feels like town, which isn't a great place to be Makes me wonder if raynpelikoneet or Hapahauli is mafia after all. I will review Hapahauli's filter but I can't find any reasons to justify them being mafia though So I dunno. Bleh.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 05:56 GMT
#790
Something else to note is that if raynpelikoneet is town, knowing that I am town, mafia didn't attempt to campaign for mayor at all. I find this really strange. I don't think it means that raynpelikoneet is mafia, rather I think it means that mafia just didn't have a ton of thread influence at the time. Dunno if it is helpful, probably not, but I'm trying.

Raynpelikoneet, I don't imagine you want to talk to me today?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 06:17 GMT
#792
On November 29 2020 15:10 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont really want to talk with anyone today. It's quite amazing when i am town either everyone thinks i am mafia or everyone thinks i am town but noone listens to me even though they might have voted me for mayor...

But youre kinda right, i feel like it's especially useless talking with you atm since i am quite confident you are mafia with FF and even if you are town you either stick to whatever you believe anyways, or say youre gonna look at something and then in fact straight out do nothing about it.
I feel like I'm pretty easy to have my opinion swayed? And if I say I'll look at something, I always do, even if I don't report back my results. I also have no real opinions right now so it would be hard to stick to my own beliefs.

If I wasn't in the game, who would be mafia with Fecalfeast? I'll go remind myself why you are scumreading Fecalfeast so strongly.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 06:21 GMT
#793
No, wait, I remember now why you are scumreading Fecalfeast. Hm.

I mean, you could be right, I just have scumread Fecalfeast so much when he is town, I'm hesitant to do so here. Even if the reasons are more blatant. Which maybe makes me bad. But I'm bad anyway, so it doesn't really say much...
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 07:01 GMT
#796
Fair enough, thank you for answering. That's actually extremely helpful.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 19:39 GMT
#803
On November 29 2020 23:08 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2020 06:24 Trfel wrote:
And Vivax, I don't believe you ever responded to my comments yesterday? Specifically, when did you actually catch up with the thread and start to have solid reads?


You had multiple posts going on. Which ones in particular do you mean and I don't get what you mean with the last sentence? My reads are far from solid after the Jock flip. I have little conviction on any read besides on you. I think I'd be ok with Fefe as town as well purely tone wise without the semi-martyr-y posts which read too smug for my taste.
I'll just simplify down to one question. Why did you stop scumreading Alakaslam? I get that this happened as you were catching up with the thread, but what was the reasoning for it?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:04 GMT
#806
##Vote: Hapahauli

Yes, MYLO.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:05 GMT
#807
Unless we want to try and no-lynch, but I'm pretty sure he is mafia.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:10 GMT
#810
On November 30 2020 05:05 Fecalfeast wrote:
So the only way it's not lylo is if the kill is vetoed today so....


I'm the bodyguard
I mean, we're allowed to vote for a no-lynch, correct?

Nice though. We can decide later if a no-lynch is what we want to do, now that you're (presumably) confirmed town it doesn't make a ton of sense to no-lynch though.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:10 GMT
#811
On November 30 2020 05:08 Fecalfeast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2020 14:17 Trfel wrote:
I'm around.

7 players.
I'm town. Hapahauli claimed blue. Five left, two mafia.

If raynpelikoneet is mafia, he's playing exceptionally well. I almost want to call him mafia because I am not sure who is mafia and it almost feels like TMI on Jockmcplop, but that's not really fair. I don't have any actual reasons to call him mafia, so he is most likely town.

Tictock feels towny, he's felt especially invested as of late. I remember him being able to replicate his town play fairly well as mafia, however his most recent mafia game has much more rigid posting than this game. So tone also says he is town. I would say Tictock is a good chance of being town, but could be wrong.

Leaves Fecalfeast, ShoCkeyy, and Vivax. I looked through Fecalfeast and ShoCkeyy's filters earlier and didn't find very much useful stuff. While I'm glad Fecalfeast has started to put a bit more effort in, I haven't yet seen anything too alignment indicative. Though I could very well be missing stuff. Vivax also feels towny to me, though that's just a weak impression and I still need to check his filter.

Honestly everyone kinda feels like town, which isn't a great place to be Makes me wonder if raynpelikoneet or Hapahauli is mafia after all. I will review Hapahauli's filter but I can't find any reasons to justify them being mafia though So I dunno. Bleh.

what happened to this?
Raynpelilkoneet changed my mind.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:15 GMT
#815
On November 30 2020 05:12 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I cant find the enthusiasm of checking the flip. I get you're claiming blue Trfel?
Yeah, I don't really see much of a way around it.

I dunno, I've had no idea what to do with my role this game.

The key though, is that I was roleblocked last night. Which means that mafia decided to not only not kill Hapahauli, but not roleblock him (I don't believe they would have two roleblockers).

So that makes Hapahauli almost certainly mafia. I don't understand the setup of this game; part of me still wants to believe that there are three town power roles, especially with the parity cop being a weaker one, but after talking with raynpelikoneet I kinda doubt that.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:17 GMT
#816
I know this will probably end in my very sad mislynch But I guess it's still what I have to try and do.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:36 GMT
#822
Looked through Hapahauli's filter. I have maybe 2-3 reasons to call him mafia (other than knowing I'm town) but unfortunately they aren't very strong.

I dunno, this is a really lousy situation to be in. But gotta try.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:37 GMT
#823
On November 30 2020 05:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
You should have waited though if youre town Trfel... For the rbclaim i think.
Sorry. Can I ask why? Unless it is better for you to answer later.

Mafia already knows everything anyway.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:40 GMT
#827
On November 30 2020 05:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 05:37 Trfel wrote:
On November 30 2020 05:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
You should have waited though if youre town Trfel... For the rbclaim i think.
Sorry. Can I ask why? Unless it is better for you to answer later.

Mafia already knows everything anyway.

Because if you dont claim roleblock mafia!hapa might. that's 100% at least for you.
Fair enough, I guess there was no doubt in my mind that he would claim roleblock (in fact, I still expect him to). That does make sense though. Noted for next time, thanks.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:44 GMT
#828
Can I ask, what's the point of having Hapahauli claim his role/potential action first? Mafia literally knows my role anyway... I imagine he'll just claim my exact role to maintain the setup balance.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:52 GMT
#830
On November 30 2020 05:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont know your role.

I find you slightly more likely to be town since you claimed the roleblock immediately (making it less likely hapa is town for what you said before about mafia not killing him and not roleblocking him).

I also dont know why mafia knows your role, why would they know it? So whatever assumed mafia!Hapa claims is less likely to be legit at least from my pov in case he does it first.
I've been waiting here for you to figure everything out, setup-wise, but it makes sense that it's a bit too much to figure out without any information (I guess if you want an interesting mental puzzle you can try and figure out my role). But mafia does know everything.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 20:57 GMT
#833
On November 30 2020 05:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I dont bluehunt when i am town. I have my guess but it's not really helpful to say it here.
Fair enough. I guess we're just waiting for Hapahauli then.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 21:02 GMT
#836
On November 30 2020 05:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am going back to the discussion between me and hapa about if the mayor should be a blue or not. What's your take on that now Trfel?
I guess I was thinking it would be better for the mayor to have a power role so they could guarantee using it for longer? Which is why I kinda wanted to be mayor.

I get that my "campaign" is a weird kind of way, instead of announcing that I want to be mayor I just play my game and if people think I'm towny and have good reads, they can vote for me. I also didn't want to push too hard for mayor, both because I didn't want to give away having a role and because I wasn't sure what to do with the mayor lynch power (also because mayor tends to have the pressure of LYLO... see how effective that was ).
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 29 2020 21:07 GMT
#838
On November 30 2020 06:06 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why would mayor have some pressure they wont otherwise in lylo?
Oh, I just meant because they will almost certainly survive until LYLO. Thus they will have the pressure of having to do LYLO.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1142
ComeBackTV 1066
TaKeTV 529
LamboSC2466
SteadfastSC460
IndyStarCraft 183
Rex124
EnkiAlexander 50
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 466
SteadfastSC 460
mouzHeroMarine 258
IndyStarCraft 183
ProTech151
Rex 124
UpATreeSC 77
BRAT_OK 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33611
Shuttle 1611
EffOrt 947
Light 659
Mini 563
Soma 495
Rush 360
firebathero 286
Snow 196
ZerO 174
[ Show more ]
hero 102
sorry 58
Sea.KH 53
Killer 47
Liquid`Ret 46
Mong 38
ToSsGirL 27
Free 25
soO 23
Sexy 22
Bale 20
Trap 18
Terrorterran 16
Shine 14
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7636
qojqva1681
Dendi1028
420jenkins160
Counter-Strike
fl0m1224
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2018
crisheroes1290
XaKoH 222
MindelVK9
Other Games
singsing1796
B2W.Neo1088
Beastyqt415
FrodaN233
Hui .197
ArmadaUGS181
KnowMe154
QueenE99
Mew2King86
Trikslyr66
Dewaltoss42
ToD34
ZerO(Twitch)18
C9.Mang08
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream80
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 4
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 18
• FirePhoenix15
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2894
• TFBlade1067
Other Games
• Shiphtur216
• WagamamaTV192
• imaqtpie128
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 28m
Stellar Fest
20h 28m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.