• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:24
CEST 06:24
KST 13:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8839 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 18:06 GMT
#210
On November 25 2020 00:56 Grackaroni wrote:
Is Rayn also not planning to run for Mayor?

Possibly the best question so far
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 18:10 GMT
#211
On November 25 2020 01:44 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 01:43 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 24 2020 23:37 Vivax wrote:
To conclude, I need to go grab some thingies and while at it decide if I want to run. Also skipped over reading Trfel, Jock and a bunch of other stuff. See you in a while.

No, too late bro.

If elected Mayor, I will push for a lynch on Vivax. I will still listen to town, but that is who I suspect most.


Feeling threatened?

More that scum need time to gauge whether town is on the wrong track before running. Scum are more likely to want to do their own thing with lynch 1. So scum would want to take stock of the town before running.

Grack, FF and I don’t give a shit about that because we are innocent.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 18:16 GMT
#212
And I no longer wanna lynch Vivax.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 18:30 GMT
#216
On November 25 2020 03:21 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 21:09 Jockmcplop wrote:
On November 24 2020 09:00 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 08:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 24 2020 08:52 Trfel wrote:
For me, Alakaslam's mayor candidacy feels genuine. While I don't necessarily agree with his "pliable" argument, it seems to come from a town perspective. I also like his tone this game, it feels like a good balance between serious and playful, which I think is hard for Alakaslam as scum. I've seen him play both very joking and very serious as mafia, but a balance like shown here is harder to achieve.

I think i agree with other parts of your post, but why would Slam NOT candidate himself as mayor as mafia? Why would anyone, regardless of alignment, per se not wanna be mayor?

On November 24 2020 08:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why do you think there is 3 mafia?
Slight possibility, no? Given the KP formula in the setup post rather than just saying 1 KP.

really? so mylo D2 if the mayor lynches town? even worse if the mayor/pardoner happens to be mafia....
As to the second part, I dunno, I didn't really think a ton about it. I just don't count anything 100% out in terms of setup. It doesn't really matter anyway, no?

I am not saying that Alakaslam wouldn't try to make himself mayor as mafia. He likely would. I feel that the way he has gone about it is genuine and towny.


Hi trfel! Can you see how his run might not seem to me to come from a town perspective at all? Sure it looks like it but also you can also just as easily look at it as mafia trying to get free protection without having to risk anything because town gets the blame for the lynch and not slam.
Hey Jockmcplop! I guess I see what you are saying, I was primarily thinking about the Day 1 lynch aspect of the mayoral role and less about the protection aspect. I'll keep thinking about it.
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 22:44 Jockmcplop wrote:
On November 24 2020 08:52 Trfel wrote:
I don't think anything people say would change my opinion of Alakaslam, I don't ask to figure out more about Alakaslam's alignment, rather I asked to try and help figure out yours. Your answer isn't particularly helpful, but it's also understandable, so not much was gained. Oh well.

For me, Alakaslam's mayor candidacy feels genuine. While I don't necessarily agree with his "pliable" argument, it seems to come from a town perspective. I also like his tone this game, it feels like a good balance between serious and playful, which I think is hard for Alakaslam as scum. I've seen him play both very joking and very serious as mafia, but a balance like shown here is harder to achieve.


This post is bizarre.
He says he doesn't think anything anyone will say will change his opinion of slam.

But then later on:
On November 24 2020 15:28 Trfel wrote:
That's an interesting point about Alakaslam, I'll have ro think about that. His persistence about the mayor stuff with little substance is giving me pause too.



Also:
On November 24 2020 08:52 Trfel wrote:

For me, Alakaslam's mayor candidacy feels genuine. While I don't necessarily agree with his "pliable" argument, it seems to come from a town perspective. I also like his tone this game, it feels like a good balance between serious and playful, which I think is hard for Alakaslam as scum. I've seen him play both very joking and very serious as mafia, but a balance like shown here is harder to achieve.


Slam's pliable argument IS his entire campaign. Vote for him because he must be town because a vote for him is a vote for whatever town decides, therefore he must be town.
I don't see how that comes from a town perspective.

Trfel's start is all full of contradictions. He seems ultra confident about slam's tone and then seems to drop that line of thought so easily.
Honestly, I didn't really expect other people to come up with compelling points that I hadn't thought of. Evidently I was wrong

I liked Alakaslam's opening, it felt very genuine to me, but his play after that has been rightfully pointed out as more suspicious.
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 00:40 Vivax wrote:
On November 24 2020 08:21 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 05:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Let's be bold and say that TT is town this game.
I have to agree with you, that is quite bold indeed
On November 24 2020 08:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Youre wrong.
Fair enough, I suppose we'll see eventually.

In other news, I kinda like Alakaslam this game. Which likely means he's mafia, he has a tendency to be the opposite alignment of whatever I think he is


If possible, I think it may be wise to control the votes such that all of the votes are on the same person, thus making there no Pardoner as there is no one in second place (or would it then be randomized... so many questions). Though unfortunately that seems very difficult to control, and if it's possible to vote for oneself, it may be worthwhile for mafia to ninja vote because it would take two lynches to eliminate them. Maybe not such a good idea after all. Ah well.

Hi all Any thoughts about Alakaslam?


I think I've seen Slam as scum only once, tops twice. IIRC.
Since you have something in mind where this happened, do you remember the game? Or did you just scumread him when he was town. Either way I'm not a fan of this reasoning, mafia sometimes are the friendliest guys in the game, or girls in the case of cop last game.

I like the idea to not have a pardoner in the game but would probably not expect it to work.
I forget the exact game, but I do have a specific game in mind. I remember generally scumreading Alakaslam and then the game I townread him, he was mafia. I don't mean that I "like" him in that he's friendly, but rather I liked his play, in that it seemed to come from a town perspective.

@Alakaslam, why did you initially want to lynch Vivax? Sorry I'm having trouble seeing why.


Because he was busy wanting to see if he wanted to run for mayor

That is scummier to me than not wanting to run.

“I’m gonna see if I can pull it off with less suspicion before I pull that trigger”

Scummy. Since then though he has looked a lot better. He just has a different thought process than I do afaics.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 19:04 GMT
#221
So if Rayn wants himself or Hapa for mayor only, and hapa won’t run, why is he not now running? Or if he is, why is his campaign basically nil?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 24 2020 21:29 GMT
#234
Ok yes but rayn why aren’t you running for mayor then? And why didn’t you?

I mean it is too late now but if that was how you felt, why did you not at least vote yourself and say what you would do?

Despite your apparently good play I am really hung up on that from you. I see a town reason to play that way, and I do see a scum reason as well.

So

We will see if you are honest (or can fool me) or if you just don’t reply

If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 00:13 GMT
#276
On November 25 2020 06:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 06:29 Alakaslam wrote:
Ok yes but rayn why aren’t you running for mayor then? And why didn’t you?

I mean it is too late now but if that was how you felt, why did you not at least vote yourself and say what you would do?

Despite your apparently good play I am really hung up on that from you. I see a town reason to play that way, and I do see a scum reason as well.

So

We will see if you are honest (or can fool me) or if you just don’t reply


huh what? have i ever even implied i dont want to be mayor? why is it too late for me to "run" for mayor? why do i have to do some sort of "campaign"? I guess you americans like your presidental bullshit circus but yeah no...

Ok fair enough.

Again I still think I am the best candidate but will switch my vote if a better/more viable opponent comes up.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 00:14 GMT
#277
On November 25 2020 06:38 ShoCkeyy wrote:
I voted Trfel as mayor for now. I like his posting style this game. He seems very pro town to me. Only mafia would self vote.

*eyes slam*

What kind of bullshit is this? Basically every mayor has done that no?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 00:21 GMT
#283
On November 25 2020 08:55 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 00:35 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 25 2020 00:28 Tictock wrote:
Going to get some sleep finnaly.

This is the post that makes me want to lynch FF
On November 24 2020 17:28 Fecalfeast wrote:
i forgot sorry hi what's up


He had made several posts before this, so why is he making apologies and excuses. His next post even suggests he remembered he was running for mayor.

lol have you been playing WoW since the start of the game?


Since Vanilla? No, I got into the game during Wrath of the Litch King (which is a bit ironic as this expansion is kinda a follow up to it) and have played at least the launch of every expansion since. It's been a long time since I raided seriously or anything.

I have actually managed to pretty much hit end game here as well so should put in a bit of time tonight and be around before deadline.

At this point anybody seriously wanting to be mayor had better have actual opinions, a preffered lynch target, and reasons why.

Ok fair.

I believe:
Hapa and Rayn town
Grack also town
Vivax likely town

FF town lean
Unsure on ShoCkeyy

Jockmcplop unsure (he got tired)
TT unsure

Anyone I have forgotten is scummy by poe. Why so forgettable and absent
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 00:22 GMT
#284
On November 25 2020 09:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
hey slam my campaign is MAKE VIVAX STRONG AGAIN!!!!!!

Lol

Maybe I need to get on the rayn train
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 00:23 GMT
#285
I am classic ‘murican summabich

Need me some gunz
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 00:26 GMT
#287
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 00:26 GMT
#288
Recoil
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 03:26 GMT
#305
On November 25 2020 09:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I genuinely might get too drunk atm if i continue. So bed time for me
Deadline for me is work (basically). If anyone tells "rayn is just posting random shit without quoting smartly" fucking kill that every day.

Well I am actually posting random shit so

Idk
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 03:28 GMT
#306
On November 25 2020 10:02 Trfel wrote:
Alakaslam, you around?

What do you think of me? Given that I was your main scumread earlier (at least, I think? trying to interpret your post, correct me if I'm wrong) and it seems you have forgotten about that in your latest list post.

I wasn’t around.

I am now if you still are; and there it is scummier still!

Nah actually it turned into a TR because of Hapa. You can thank him.

So that leaves me sussing TT and Jock
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 03:29 GMT
#308
On November 25 2020 11:14 ShoCkeyy wrote:
I personally think mafia would be trying hard, extremely hard to become mayor.

Not necessarily but ok.

You think you could explain pushing a mafia agenda as mayor?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 03:30 GMT
#309
On November 25 2020 12:18 Grackaroni wrote:
If there's one reason why mafia would not want to be mayor it's that if they kill a town they are overwhelmingly likely to be checked at night.

If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 03:31 GMT
#311
On November 25 2020 12:29 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 06:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am basically looking at

shockeyy, ff as mafia.

TT has fallen off quite tremendously after his (i think) townie start.

Then there is Hapa and Trfel.

Everyone else i am quite comfortable calling town.


I'm surprised. I don't think it will be that easy.

I'd bet on Slam being town as well at this point. The way he's focussing on you not pushing hard to become mayor strikes me as town.

Yeah and then he says “I should be mayor” after I finally get a flat tire for my wheel from him.

But he did give me a tire. Which was all I asked for.

He also put whipped cream on it MVGA
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 03:33 GMT
#314
On November 25 2020 12:31 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 12:29 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 25 2020 06:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am basically looking at

shockeyy, ff as mafia.

TT has fallen off quite tremendously after his (i think) townie start.

Then there is Hapa and Trfel.

Everyone else i am quite comfortable calling town.


I'm surprised. I don't think it will be that easy.

I'd bet on Slam being town as well at this point. The way he's focussing on you not pushing hard to become mayor strikes me as town.

My thought is that Slam has his own unique concerns that shine through as town that most people don't care about while as mafia you don't see that as much as he tries to blend.



Huh


Yeah, actually that makes sense

Noted but I don’t think I can do anything about that for my scum play. Dang.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
November 25 2020 03:34 GMT
#315
On November 25 2020 12:32 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 12:30 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 25 2020 12:18 Grackaroni wrote:
If there's one reason why mafia would not want to be mayor it's that if they kill a town they are overwhelmingly likely to be checked at night.


not me of course though because I would most definitely kill a mafia.

Well and you are running.


On November 25 2020 12:33 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 12:31 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 25 2020 12:29 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 25 2020 06:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am basically looking at

shockeyy, ff as mafia.

TT has fallen off quite tremendously after his (i think) townie start.

Then there is Hapa and Trfel.

Everyone else i am quite comfortable calling town.


I'm surprised. I don't think it will be that easy.

I'd bet on Slam being town as well at this point. The way he's focussing on you not pushing hard to become mayor strikes me as town.

Yeah and then he says “I should be mayor” after I finally get a flat tire for my wheel from him.

But he did give me a tire. Which was all I asked for.

He also put whipped cream on it MVGA

I have no idea what you're talking about lol.

Read Rayn’s interaction with me

Page 11 I think?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 246
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2098
Snow 98
NaDa 39
Bale 30
Noble 16
Icarus 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm174
Counter-Strike
taco 518
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1387
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1135
WinterStarcraft594
Other Games
summit1g7061
Doublelift1918
JimRising 665
PiGStarcraft307
C9.Mang0190
ArmadaUGS167
Maynarde139
ViBE83
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick750
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki154
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota258
League of Legends
• Lourlo1307
• Rush803
• Stunt326
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 36m
OSC
8h 36m
Stellar Fest
8h 36m
OSC
19h 36m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.