• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:31
CEST 18:31
KST 01:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9054 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10000 Posts
November 25 2020 14:47 GMT
#345
On November 25 2020 23:46 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 23:41 Jockmcplop wrote:
On November 25 2020 23:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Mornin'.

So we have a lynch in 6 hours. This discussion needs to be about a) who is mayor, and b) who town wants dead. There are too many people talking about light suspicions and townreads. That is not important right now.

Trfel for mayor. Whoever is mayor should shoot Grack or Shockeyy.

I think Grack is mafia, and I think Trfel brought up the best point against him: he has been relatively active and running for mayor, but reading his filter, I have no sense of what is "platform" is and who he even wants lynched. That seems like the hallmark of scum "looking like they want to contribute."

Shockeyy is remarkably disengaged in this game. He is existing, but again, no idea of what he wants to accomplish beyond his mayoral preferences.


I disagree that townreads aren't important right now. They pretty much narrow down the pool of who can be mayor.
Clearly shockeyy has no people townreading him so he won't be mayor.

Out of the people claiming they want to be mayor, only slam and ticktock have said what they will do if elected.

That's a problem. Out of those two I would probably prefer slam because at least he's been here enough that i'm confident he knows exactly what is happening.


I'm unvoting grack because I don't feel like he has continued to engage with the mayor thing at all really like he never really wanted to be mayor in the first place.

Trfel seems like an odd choice to me. He hasn't said he wanted to be mayor and has given no indication of what he would do if he was mayor. I can't vote for him anyway.


I don't like this post because you say it's a problem that you don't know what a candidate wants to do, but what YOU want to do in regards of the lynch is not clear from your filter imo, and instead of talking about that you talk about mayoral candidates.


What I want to do in regards to the lynch is not clear in my head, let alone in my filter.

But I'm not running for mayor and asking people for the power to trust me to lynch scum. The people that are doing so should at least give us an indication of what they will do, or how can we give them the power?
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10000 Posts
November 25 2020 14:54 GMT
#346
On November 25 2020 23:46 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 23:44 Jockmcplop wrote:
On November 25 2020 23:40 Vivax wrote:
On November 25 2020 23:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Mornin'.

So we have a lynch in 6 hours. This discussion needs to be about a) who is mayor, and b) who town wants dead. There are too many people talking about light suspicions and townreads. That is not important right now.

Trfel for mayor. Whoever is mayor should shoot Grack or Shockeyy.

I think Grack is mafia, and I think Trfel brought up the best point against him: he has been relatively active and running for mayor, but reading his filter, I have no sense of what is "platform" is and who he even wants lynched. That seems like the hallmark of scum "looking like they want to contribute."

Shockeyy is remarkably disengaged in this game. He is existing, but again, no idea of what he wants to accomplish beyond his mayoral preferences.


I think he just wanted to make a funny entrance. Don't really see him being mafia atm.

Shockeyy is always like that. If I'd kill him then not because I think he's scum but because I will never be sure about what he is, probably.

Someone mentioned earlier that Jock seemed less analytical than in his usual town games and I'll agree. I also find it odd in his case that he doesn't think Trfel is town given when they have been teammates and imo Trfel doesn't post like in that game (the "Trfel help" one).

That said my lynch pool atm would be something along Shockeyy, Jock, Fefe. Maybe TickTock because he kinda stopped playing after getting townread by a few.


I don't think i've been mafia with trfel.


Right, he was town when you said that.
But in the game right afterwards, I think you got lynched D1 and were in a team with him.


This makes no sense:

I also find it odd in his case that he doesn't think Trfel is town given when they have been teammates and imo Trfel doesn't post like in that game (the "Trfel help" one).


So trfel was posting differently as town in the game you're referring to here.

Then you find out that i was mafia in the game after this with trfel (I forgot about that one) and suddenly revise your opinion.

Which game was trfel playing in differently, the one where he was town, like you originally said, or the one after that when he was mafia?

I don't get what your point is.

RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10000 Posts
November 25 2020 16:50 GMT
#361
slam:
Will do what town decides

grack:
TT

TT:

FeFe

Rayn:
FF or TT

Fefe:
TT maybe Shockeyy

Trfel:
me, shockeyy, FF, TT, Grack

We need to get this down to 2 candidates who are trusted by town.

Personally I would have one of grack/rayn as mayor and maybe slam as pardoner.
I will probably revote grack just because I think TT has been super lazy just picking something Fefe said on the first page and leaving that as his scumread for the whole time.

On November 26 2020 01:38 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2020 01:24 Vivax wrote:
On November 26 2020 00:54 Grackaroni wrote:
If I were mayor I'd kill Ticktock. I think he's less comfortable playing scum and more likely to lurk through the day because of his role than FF. (I know he's playing WoW but the thread isn't overwhelmingly large)

I wouldn't be upset though if any of FF/ShoCkey/TT are lynched.

Of active players Trfel is most likely mafia but I wouldn't gamble on that today, though I'd definitely like to avoid him being elected.


What's your take on Jock?


His post about Trfel was a good one and I think he has the right view on Rayn. I'm not sure what his reasoning was for changing his mind on Slam.


Although I didn't think slam's campaign naturally made him town, i never scumread him and still don't.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10000 Posts
November 25 2020 18:10 GMT
#395
Yeah rayn is a good choice.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1142
ComeBackTV 1066
TaKeTV 515
SteadfastSC460
LamboSC2455
IndyStarCraft 175
Rex124
EnkiAlexander 50
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 460
LamboSC2 455
mouzHeroMarine 245
IndyStarCraft 175
ProTech156
Rex 124
UpATreeSC 77
BRAT_OK 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33611
Shuttle 1611
EffOrt 947
Light 659
Mini 563
Soma 495
Rush 360
firebathero 286
Snow 196
ZerO 174
[ Show more ]
hero 102
sorry 58
Killer 47
Liquid`Ret 41
Mong 38
ToSsGirL 27
Free 25
soO 23
Sexy 22
Bale 20
Trap 18
Shine 14
Terrorterran 14
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8642
qojqva1547
Dendi951
420jenkins128
Counter-Strike
fl0m1353
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1991
crisheroes1290
XaKoH 215
MindelVK12
Other Games
singsing1796
B2W.Neo1088
Beastyqt415
Hui .197
ArmadaUGS181
KnowMe158
FrodaN145
QueenE102
Mew2King90
Trikslyr62
Dewaltoss42
ToD41
ZerO(Twitch)18
C9.Mang08
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 4
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 18
• FirePhoenix15
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2894
• TFBlade912
Other Games
• Shiphtur216
• WagamamaTV192
• imaqtpie16
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 29m
Stellar Fest
20h 29m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.