• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:22
CEST 16:22
KST 23:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)45Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8741 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 24 2020 18:25 GMT
#214
On November 25 2020 02:51 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 02:46 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 25 2020 01:37 Vivax wrote:
Grack have you arrived to anything conclusion-wise in regards to Trfel?

Or any other player for that matter. Feels like now you're just sitting back waiting to see what gets thrown at you.

I really just don't get quick reads the way other people tend to do. I actually spend a lot of time reading too funnily enough.

You're right that Trfel seems pretty comfortable when talking about me/Rayn but I do think his opening post was an uncomfortable one.

I expected to be scum reading Jock going into a filter dive but I came out thinking his point on Trfel is actually a good one. Trfel seemed like he really wanted to push out his read that Slam was approaching his mayor run in a townie way, but then at the end he's waffling because Slam is being persistent?

The only thing I'd feel pretty strongly so far is that Hapa is town.


Where did that expectation come from?
You sound a lot like you have a Trfel suspicion but are hesitant to say it, which I think Hapa already mentioned (and that makes him town?).
Was the mayor thing serious? Since you haven't really said on what premise you'd lynch.

Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 09:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 24 2020 09:15 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 24 2020 09:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 24 2020 09:12 Alakaslam wrote:
Why is hapa NOT campaigning then?

Now this is actually a townie question i have been waiting anyone to ask.

Well

Yeah which is why you wanting it to be you or him was sus as hell but then Trfel came and put his pants on his head and shat on the carpet so I was too busy going “wtf” at that.

Plus the occam’s razor hamblin’s razor whichever one.

I dont know if you realised it but i have been kinda being after this from my first post to him. I guess i can reveal my this thing: now.
On November 24 2020 06:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay, we'll see about that later on then. Then i am also not gonna post the follow up i was going to yet.


I dont really think Hapa is town atm. I think he should at least maybe have some reads he doesnt atm.


So, did he build them yet?


That was mostly just my gut call going into it. Perhaps a mistrust of his town read on me from what I said about Slam.

I'm on the fence. I initially would have put him as a slight town lean but after you asked me I started looking further and I might go in the opposite direction if prodded.

Hapa is town independent of his read on me. He's laying out cases for who he thinks is town (Trfel) and trying to make him mayor. I trust that he looked through some of Slam's scum games and I like that he made a post stating high confidence in these reads.

Plus you've got to love him calling out Rayn for not getting into a rant with him after complaining about Rayn always fighting him.

On November 25 2020 02:12 Hapahauli wrote:
Based on my own interactions with you this game (Rayn), I am also somewhat surprised that we aren't ranting at each other yet. This doesn't make you inherently mafia, but the tone is different enough for me to take notice, and for me to nod my head when others take notice.


I assume the mayor will make clear who they are looking to kill and people will end up voting based off that. At the moment I don't think that's clear from anybody yet. Realistically I'm more likely to be lynched than lynching, but I'll go for it anyway.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 03:14 GMT
#303
On November 25 2020 03:40 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 03:25 Grackaroni wrote:
...
Plus you've got to love him calling out Rayn for not getting into a rant with him after complaining about Rayn always fighting him.

On November 25 2020 02:12 Hapahauli wrote:
Based on my own interactions with you this game (Rayn), I am also somewhat surprised that we aren't ranting at each other yet. This doesn't make you inherently mafia, but the tone is different enough for me to take notice, and for me to nod my head when others take notice.

...


In all seriousness, why would this make me "town"? On its face, isn't this an inconsistency in my story?

I don't think it's one that would point to you being mafia. Probably pretty hypocritical expectations for Rayn but I'd understand being annoyed at being pressured and still having a baseline expectation for it to happen from experience.

I think I'm sucked in by all of the head nodding and notice taking. (Real reason is I just have a strong anticipation that you are going to be one of the most active and engaged from the way you've been posting so far, and I don't really have high expectations from you as mafia - though feel free to prove me wrong.)
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 03:18 GMT
#304
If there's one reason why mafia would not want to be mayor it's that if they kill a town they are overwhelmingly likely to be checked at night.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 03:29 GMT
#307
On November 25 2020 06:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am basically looking at

shockeyy, ff as mafia.

TT has fallen off quite tremendously after his (i think) townie start.

Then there is Hapa and Trfel.

Everyone else i am quite comfortable calling town.


I'm surprised. I don't think it will be that easy.

I'd bet on Slam being town as well at this point. The way he's focussing on you not pushing hard to become mayor strikes me as town.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 03:31 GMT
#310
On November 25 2020 12:29 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 06:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am basically looking at

shockeyy, ff as mafia.

TT has fallen off quite tremendously after his (i think) townie start.

Then there is Hapa and Trfel.

Everyone else i am quite comfortable calling town.


I'm surprised. I don't think it will be that easy.

I'd bet on Slam being town as well at this point. The way he's focussing on you not pushing hard to become mayor strikes me as town.

My thought is that Slam has his own unique concerns that shine through as town that most people don't care about while as mafia you don't see that as much as he tries to blend.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 03:32 GMT
#312
On November 25 2020 12:30 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 12:18 Grackaroni wrote:
If there's one reason why mafia would not want to be mayor it's that if they kill a town they are overwhelmingly likely to be checked at night.


not me of course though because I would most definitely kill a mafia.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 03:33 GMT
#313
On November 25 2020 12:31 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 12:29 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 25 2020 06:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am basically looking at

shockeyy, ff as mafia.

TT has fallen off quite tremendously after his (i think) townie start.

Then there is Hapa and Trfel.

Everyone else i am quite comfortable calling town.


I'm surprised. I don't think it will be that easy.

I'd bet on Slam being town as well at this point. The way he's focussing on you not pushing hard to become mayor strikes me as town.

Yeah and then he says “I should be mayor” after I finally get a flat tire for my wheel from him.

But he did give me a tire. Which was all I asked for.

He also put whipped cream on it MVGA

I have no idea what you're talking about lol.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 03:39 GMT
#317
On November 25 2020 12:34 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 12:32 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 25 2020 12:30 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 25 2020 12:18 Grackaroni wrote:
If there's one reason why mafia would not want to be mayor it's that if they kill a town they are overwhelmingly likely to be checked at night.


not me of course though because I would most definitely kill a mafia.

Well and you are running.


Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 12:33 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 25 2020 12:31 Alakaslam wrote:
On November 25 2020 12:29 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 25 2020 06:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am basically looking at

shockeyy, ff as mafia.

TT has fallen off quite tremendously after his (i think) townie start.

Then there is Hapa and Trfel.

Everyone else i am quite comfortable calling town.


I'm surprised. I don't think it will be that easy.

I'd bet on Slam being town as well at this point. The way he's focussing on you not pushing hard to become mayor strikes me as town.

Yeah and then he says “I should be mayor” after I finally get a flat tire for my wheel from him.

But he did give me a tire. Which was all I asked for.

He also put whipped cream on it MVGA

I have no idea what you're talking about lol.

Read Rayn’s interaction with me

Page 11 I think?

I'm technically the front runner!

The trick is to demonize your opponents. Call them names like Raging Rayn and Shady 'Hapa' Hauli. Then people will know not to vote for them.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 15:46 GMT
#352
On November 25 2020 07:23 ShoCkeyy wrote:
If Grack were to become mayor as mafia, he would literally crush the town, not the other way around since it’s still a 10% chance of hitting the right player.

Anyone have any idea what this 10% is supposed to be?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 15:54 GMT
#354
If I were mayor I'd kill Ticktock. I think he's less comfortable playing scum and more likely to lurk through the day because of his role than FF. (I know he's playing WoW but the thread isn't overwhelmingly large)

I wouldn't be upset though if any of FF/ShoCkey/TT are lynched.

Of active players Trfel is most likely mafia but I wouldn't gamble on that today, though I'd definitely like to avoid him being elected.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 15:55 GMT
#355
On November 26 2020 00:54 Trfel wrote:
Grackaroni, if you are mayor who do you kill? Or who would you consider killing?

whoops sniped.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 16:38 GMT
#359
On November 26 2020 01:24 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2020 00:54 Grackaroni wrote:
If I were mayor I'd kill Ticktock. I think he's less comfortable playing scum and more likely to lurk through the day because of his role than FF. (I know he's playing WoW but the thread isn't overwhelmingly large)

I wouldn't be upset though if any of FF/ShoCkey/TT are lynched.

Of active players Trfel is most likely mafia but I wouldn't gamble on that today, though I'd definitely like to avoid him being elected.


What's your take on Jock?


His post about Trfel was a good one and I think he has the right view on Rayn. I'm not sure what his reasoning was for changing his mind on Slam.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 16:39 GMT
#360
I'm guessing you're going to vote for Trfel, Vivax?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 17:25 GMT
#368
Have you read any of my games?
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 17:41 GMT
#376
On November 26 2020 02:30 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2020 02:25 Grackaroni wrote:
Have you read any of my games?


Yes, I read a lot of them in Aperture. I will probably read them again. I was unable to draw any concrete conclusions from them. I am conscious of the fact that I did horribly misread you in all of Aperture, seemingly due to how "reactive" your playstyle is.

This game... you are this mix of pro-active (campaign) followed by re-active (not much in the way of reads). It is this dissonance that I think makes you mafia.

If that's what bothers you I try to run for mayor in pretty much every game that has one. This is the first time I've been seriously considered (it seems because you/Rayn both didn't really want it too badly.)
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 17:54 GMT
#386
The thread seems to be divided into two camps atm.

There's a Rayn camp where Rayn townreads Jock/Slam/Vivax/Slam/Me with lot of people in that group townreading or more or less trusting each other.

Then there's a Trfel camp with Trfel having Rayn as his primary suspect and Hapa/ShoCkeyy voting Trfel mainly I believe to try to get rid of me.

Obviously I'd rather we consolidate on anyone outside of Trfel for Mayor and hope that Rayn's grasp on the game so far is good. (I think it is)
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 17:55 GMT
#387
On November 26 2020 02:45 Tictock wrote:
I should put in time, but seeing how people are reading me kinda just makes me not care.

I understand I am not putting in much effort, but I do not get where this expectation of me is coming from right now, and besides... also much more importantly... eh

I'm not locked in on any read of you.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 17:59 GMT
#388
On November 26 2020 02:41 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I still have no idea why FF thinks his reads are whatever he said. I really dont know why he thinks anything, and it looks like he doesnt know himself even..

FF's catchup post was pretty lame.

He says I'm mafia earlier and then doesn't even bother to read my posts. I think maybe he's trying to act aloof.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 18:05 GMT
#392
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

ok
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
November 25 2020 18:06 GMT
#393
I was so close and yet so far.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1337
ComeBackTV 518
SteadfastSC485
TaKeTV 410
LamboSC2305
IndyStarCraft 140
Rex138
EnkiAlexander 43
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 485
LamboSC2 305
IndyStarCraft 140
ProTech139
Rex 138
BRAT_OK 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34639
Shuttle 2658
EffOrt 845
Horang2 822
Light 718
Soma 631
Mini 575
BeSt 330
Stork 314
firebathero 301
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 241
Rush 217
Snow 210
ggaemo 207
ZerO 190
Zeus 137
Leta 118
sorry 80
Killer 79
Pusan 77
hero 75
Sharp 40
Shine 38
Mind 36
Shinee 33
Mong 33
soO 26
Bale 26
Terrorterran 26
ToSsGirL 26
Aegong 24
Sexy 23
Yoon 19
Trap 19
Free 18
NotJumperer 15
JulyZerg 11
Sacsri 9
zelot 8
Noble 5
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
Gorgc10152
Dendi982
qojqva857
Fuzer 189
420jenkins140
Counter-Strike
markeloff125
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2012
crisheroes1207
XaKoH 171
Other Games
singsing1947
B2W.Neo975
Hui .185
Liquid`VortiX172
ArmadaUGS152
Mew2King107
QueenE99
Railgan16
Chillindude16
ZerO(Twitch)15
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream109
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile16
• Gemini_19 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2173
League of Legends
• Nemesis2807
• Jankos2141
• TFBlade776
Other Games
• WagamamaTV160
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 39m
Stellar Fest
22h 39m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.