• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:16
CEST 20:16
KST 03:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9442 users

[M][N] A Simple Game of Mafia - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:33 GMT
#1202
On December 15 2017 22:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
You're not acting like town Palmar. You're acting crazy, and it's just making me want to lynch you.

There is no correlation between my alignment and my multiple personality disorder.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:33 GMT
#1205
On December 15 2017 22:32 VisceraEyes wrote:
It's normal. Isn't it?

I could have sworn it was.

I KNOW it is on MafiaScum, and I THOUGHT it was on TL.

fairly sure TL would never consider it normal. We basically never have those because we all agree they're a terrible role.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:33 GMT
#1207
and TL has enough trolls without manufacturing them through roles.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:34 GMT
#1208
On December 15 2017 22:28 prplhz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2017 22:13 Palmar wrote:
On December 15 2017 22:12 VisceraEyes wrote:
Do you envision a world in which you win against me in a similar situation Palmar?

I have won as 3p but can't remember if you were in the game.

I'm not 3p or mafia this game. I'm strictly town.

Caller games where Brazil nukes the earth from orbit don't count.

Anyway, I'm absolutely not feeling this Palmar lynch, will be back later (unlikely) or tomorrow (less unlikely).

You need to convince the rest of them.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:34 GMT
#1210
On December 15 2017 22:27 VisceraEyes wrote:
He's acting like a Jester. He knows that post directed at me will cement my vote on him.

Why? Is there a hole in my logic?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:35 GMT
#1214
On December 15 2017 22:32 Eversince wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2017 06:57 Palmar wrote:
On December 15 2017 06:49 Kmatt wrote:
On December 15 2017 06:46 Holyflare wrote:
On December 15 2017 06:31 Conversion wrote:
HF you still stuck to the idea that I am scum?


I haven't called you mafia since the start of n1? I also based my scum reads on people calling you town.


You. What is your power, and what were the results?

basically I check 3 people in one night, I know I get one false result (as in I know it's wrong), one true result (I know it's right) and one random result (as in it could be either right or wrong).

It's alignment only.


fake.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:40 GMT
#1226
On December 15 2017 22:32 prplhz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2017 22:27 Palmar wrote:
The only problem I have with a tracker claim is why on earth is there a godfather on mafia then.

Maybe Godfather can deliver kill without getting tracked or watched or maybe there is some sort of cop in the game too.

There is no cop in the game, it's even unlikely that there is both a tracker and a medic in addition to the vigilante.

A tracker is a weird claim, but yes there have been godfathers who can't be tracked (sometimes also called ghosts or ninjas). If the KP is delivered it was 100% delivered by the godfather.

I don't know why Eversince claimed, it was a terrible claim and quite possibly triggered by the fact that I noticed he was talking about delivered KP. I think most normal games just have a factional mafia KP, but I'm unsure what the trends are these days.

That being said, I'm conflicted on Eversince right now, especially as he has basically no follow up play to his claim as mafia, so I'm inclined to believe him, but it's weak. I have no idea if VE is actually medic but lying about it or not he's probably not mafia.

So I'm looking at HF now as the most likely mafia remaining.

Chez also needs to get in here and start doing work.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:41 GMT
#1230
On December 15 2017 22:37 Eversince wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2017 22:34 Koshi wrote:
The SK makes it likely town has something against that. So the tracker makes sense.

This makes HF and Eversince confirmed not SK.


I don't think there is a SK. I tracked HF because he;s just to good to be as 'meh' as I found him. He survived buy didn't go to anyone and OATS/Grack are now dead. So unless mafia have a 5'th to carry dp, HF is not mafia.

If your claim is true, Grack is 100% a godfather that avoids all detection (cop/track/watch) and thus he was the one delivering the kill last night. So it says nothing about hf.

If KP is delivered and mafia has a godfather that can deliver them safely, there is no way they'd ever not send that guy with the kill.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:42 GMT
#1233
On December 15 2017 22:41 Eversince wrote:
To me; It it 100 percent Palmar. His role makes no sense in the sense that there has been 'generic RB' 'Generic GF' 'Generic vig' and me as 'generic tracker'. His role is total bologna. And we should lynch him. If there is a SK in the game you guys are on your own because I will probably get killed tonight.

Remember when I called you an illiterate fool?

This is why.

I have no role, no role. I've never claimed having a role. I am a VT.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:43 GMT
#1236
On December 15 2017 22:42 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2017 22:41 Palmar wrote:
On December 15 2017 22:37 Eversince wrote:
On December 15 2017 22:34 Koshi wrote:
The SK makes it likely town has something against that. So the tracker makes sense.

This makes HF and Eversince confirmed not SK.


I don't think there is a SK. I tracked HF because he;s just to good to be as 'meh' as I found him. He survived buy didn't go to anyone and OATS/Grack are now dead. So unless mafia have a 5'th to carry dp, HF is not mafia.

If your claim is true, Grack is 100% a godfather that avoids all detection (cop/track/watch) and thus he was the one delivering the kill last night. So it says nothing about hf.

If KP is delivered and mafia has a godfather that can deliver them safely, there is no way they'd ever not send that guy with the kill.

It says HF is not the SK.

No it doesn't, his conclusion is that HF is not mafia, which cannot be concluded from the information at hand.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:44 GMT
#1240
On December 15 2017 22:33 VisceraEyes wrote:
If not then good, I can just stay on Palmar.

Palmar you need to either act like town or....whatever, I don't care what you do if you aren't going to act like town.

I am acting like town, I'm literally the only person in here acting like town.

On one hand we have a bunch of people who are voting me for literally no reason, and on the other we have me arguing we should be finding the last mafia, AND contributing to actually figuring out who the last mafia is.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:47 GMT
#1245
On December 15 2017 22:43 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2017 22:42 Palmar wrote:
On December 15 2017 22:41 Eversince wrote:
To me; It it 100 percent Palmar. His role makes no sense in the sense that there has been 'generic RB' 'Generic GF' 'Generic vig' and me as 'generic tracker'. His role is total bologna. And we should lynch him. If there is a SK in the game you guys are on your own because I will probably get killed tonight.

Remember when I called you an illiterate fool?

This is why.

I have no role, no role. I've never claimed having a role. I am a VT.

And this is why I'm going to lynch you today - because you're doing shit like saying you didn't say shit you really did say.


On December 15 2017 22:05 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2017 22:01 VisceraEyes wrote:
On December 14 2017 07:11 Palmar wrote:
I claim cop.

100% hardclaim.

On December 14 2017 07:11 Palmar wrote:
if I back out, lynch me.

I'm just doing as I'm told.

I cannot be held responsible for what my other personalities do.


On December 15 2017 22:33 Palmar wrote:
There is no correlation between my alignment and my multiple personality disorder.

Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:48 GMT
#1247
On December 15 2017 22:45 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2017 22:44 Palmar wrote:
On December 15 2017 22:33 VisceraEyes wrote:
If not then good, I can just stay on Palmar.

Palmar you need to either act like town or....whatever, I don't care what you do if you aren't going to act like town.

I am acting like town, I'm literally the only person in here acting like town.

On one hand we have a bunch of people who are voting me for literally no reason, and on the other we have me arguing we should be finding the last mafia, AND contributing to actually figuring out who the last mafia is.

It should be obvious that yesterday I already PoE'ed you mafia.

And it should be obvious if I was any kind of a killing role I'd have murdered you. Even as town vigilante I'd have shot you just to spite you.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:50 GMT
#1250
oh fuck
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:51 GMT
#1251
On December 15 2017 22:45 Arya321 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2017 22:42 Palmar wrote:
On December 15 2017 22:41 Eversince wrote:
To me; It it 100 percent Palmar. His role makes no sense in the sense that there has been 'generic RB' 'Generic GF' 'Generic vig' and me as 'generic tracker'. His role is total bologna. And we should lynch him. If there is a SK in the game you guys are on your own because I will probably get killed tonight.

Remember when I called you an illiterate fool?

This is why.

I have no role, no role. I've never claimed having a role. I am a VT.

You claimed cop here:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2017 07:11 Palmar wrote:
I claim cop.

100% hardclaim.

Next post:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2017 07:11 Palmar wrote:
if I back out, lynch me.

Plus your weird cop variation isn't a normal and just checked the op and says normal roles.
##Vote: Palmar


I love how LS found the contradiction!
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:53 GMT
#1253
So yeah, a change of plans:

I claim the vigilante

I shot Grack last night.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:56 GMT
#1259
On December 15 2017 22:54 Eversince wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2017 22:41 Palmar wrote:
On December 15 2017 22:37 Eversince wrote:
On December 15 2017 22:34 Koshi wrote:
The SK makes it likely town has something against that. So the tracker makes sense.

This makes HF and Eversince confirmed not SK.


I don't think there is a SK. I tracked HF because he;s just to good to be as 'meh' as I found him. He survived buy didn't go to anyone and OATS/Grack are now dead. So unless mafia have a 5'th to carry dp, HF is not mafia.

If your claim is true, Grack is 100% a godfather that avoids all detection (cop/track/watch) and thus he was the one delivering the kill last night. So it says nothing about hf.

If KP is delivered and mafia has a godfather that can deliver them safely, there is no way they'd ever not send that guy with the kill.


I will admit I don't know TL rules but most that I play on if the deliverer is killed require a new player to fill that spot if jp is delivers.

No all actions (except roleblocks) happen simultaneously on TL, so if grack gets killed, he still gets to use his action that night unless roleblocked.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 13:58 GMT
#1264
So, I thought I had multiple shots. I decided to try and hold the claim so I could have more town controlled kp. I did even send a question about it right at the start of the day to confirm I had multiple shots (my role is just vigilante).

So yeah, I literally just got the response that my role is meant to be one-shot, so there is no reason at all to hold the claim, which had I known I was one shot, I would have claimed right away.

So erm.... peace guys?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 14:04 GMT
#1271
On December 15 2017 23:00 VisceraEyes wrote:
God damnit Palmar NO.

No.

Because it would say how many shots you have. You're a liar trying to deceive me.

DECEIVERRRRR!!!!!

Nope, literally didn't.

I admit I did get carried away with the cop claim.

I decided to do it because I was under suspicion and the mafia RB was dead. I figured I'd draw fire (and still get the shot off) or at least just confuse the fuck out of them (this is bad HF logic, but I felt like doing it so give me a break).

Then I trolled for a little bit while waiting for damdred to answer me regarding if I didn't absolutely certainly have many shots, and forumite said this:

On December 15 2017 06:27 Forumite wrote:
Grack, Oats flipped red, Palmar is pointing a finger at HolyFlare, assuming Palmar did a parity cop read between me and HF (or Palmar is full of shit trying to dictate next 3 lynches). A lurky scumteam might explain why they didn't try/succeed on diverting the D1 lynch. I will reread when I have time.

I don't think it's impossible that there could be 2 scum left, I'm not sure what the usual number is for 14-player games.


and I sort of thought "hey that's a great idea" and literally created the worst cop role ever imagined by humanity on the spot, just to fuck with everyone.

I kept thinking "well doesn't matter, shot mafia". I underestimated people's willingness to kill me.

So then I saw peopel actually wanted to kill me so I switched personalities, but you know, then finally I get told that my role is one-shot.

So now I'm fucked.

I blame Koshi.

Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
December 15 2017 14:07 GMT
#1277
On December 15 2017 23:01 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2017 22:58 VisceraEyes wrote:
I guess you're at 3214 Koshi?

Maybe. 2314 isn't bad either.
Grack was also hinting at Palmar so I can see Palmar kill Grack as SK. Leaving stronger townies to help him find mafia.

I don't really know.

Because logic dictates that Grack casually mentioning me once in his completely no-impact filter would have made me panic and shoot him instead of killing the fuck out of someone like you who was screaming for my death at the top of your lungs and has a terrible history of never, ever changing opinions on me.

Sure koshi, good think right there.

Well thunk.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 834
SteadfastSC456
IndyStarCraft 186
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 632
SteadfastSC 456
IndyStarCraft 186
UpATreeSC 108
JuggernautJason5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23086
firebathero 206
Rush 128
Dewaltoss 50
Sexy 27
Trap 21
Shine 16
Bale 15
Djem5 7
yabsab 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7525
qojqva1571
420jenkins143
monkeys_forever39
Counter-Strike
fl0m1602
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2052
crisheroes1174
Liquid`Hasu602
XaKoH 152
MindelVK16
Other Games
Grubby2337
ceh9784
FrodaN670
Beastyqt647
ArmadaUGS198
KnowMe154
Hui .153
C9.Mang0123
QueenE108
byalli107
Trikslyr74
Mew2King64
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
Other Games
BasetradeTV7
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 5
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• FirePhoenix13
• 80smullet 12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis2305
League of Legends
• TFBlade1207
Other Games
• imaqtpie825
• Shiphtur257
• WagamamaTV244
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 44m
Stellar Fest
18h 44m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.