• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:36
CEST 11:36
KST 18:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6476 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVII - Page 76

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 26 2017 21:27 GMT
#1501
Early game wagon votes
No gg, No skill.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 26 2017 21:27 GMT
#1502
Like, I don't care if I'm wrong about a lynch but I give plenty of reasons for that lynch and the state of the meta now at least is to completely derail a game and have no reasons to lynch people other than bla bla bla rhetoric with no interaction. It's super stale and bores me. Admittedly I played end game lazy as fuck but it's not a very motivating game to play.

At least I'll give credit to ruxxar that he was ten thousand times more enjoyable to play with and actually did give reasoned out reads for things so gj there.
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
October 26 2017 21:27 GMT
#1503
GG Oats. Really thought it was HF. Couldn't believe Town!HF ever thought it was Ruxxar in that.

Game was pretty fun D1, happy with how I played. Onegu getting modkilled as scum is just unforgivable. Deserves a ban.

Really enjoyed playing with these noobs! Xenon, Clock and Krogan were all active enough to read and I really think they showed potential. I hope you all continue to play. It's nice
Playing with non-toxic, active, and decent players. All three at once are hard to come by.

This game made me realize how much I miss my TL mafia fix. Hope to play in some more games soon
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 26 2017 21:27 GMT
#1504
On October 27 2017 06:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
In my opinion, early game votes don't mean that much. I've been in games where it's TvT day one and mafia isn't on any of them, I've been in games where mafia has only been on their teammate.


It's the only part of the game I read though.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 26 2017 21:32 GMT
#1505
On October 27 2017 06:27 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2017 06:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
In my opinion, early game votes don't mean that much. I've been in games where it's TvT day one and mafia isn't on any of them, I've been in games where mafia has only been on their teammate.


It's the only part of the game I read though.

It didn't really help you this game though.

Actually what really helped was damdred playing so scummily that it was easy for me to go on him and that really gave me a lot of legitimatacy in d2 and d3 when otherwise I would have to manufacture some nonsense
No gg, No skill.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 26 2017 21:36 GMT
#1506
Whoopsies.

I didn't even think Damdred was playing scummily and your comfort in pushing him is a big reason why you were town read.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 26 2017 21:41 GMT
#1507
Good game oats, well played.

I also didn't catch the grack flip, so I didn't even know that was a thing.

Only thing I didn't like this game was the way onegu ditched his team.
It's respectless and I had him held to a higher standard.
It's also the only reason i thought he would be town.
Now anything could've happened, so I'm not going to judge until I hear his side of the story.

Barring that I thought the newbies played really well.
I want to give an extra shoutout to krogan and mrlonelyclock who I think played exceptionally well for being their first game on here.

Holyflare and me are just like dogs and cats every game, and no matter how friendly we get, we somehow always end up voting for each other anyway.
I did enjoy playing with you this game, besides the 1 remark about my bus being unnecessary which did tilt me quite hard.

I'm a bit disappointed in grack for being afk the last day, but otherwise he had a good read on oats and I wish he woud just have pushed that a little bit more.

Otherwise I'm quite happy with how the game turned out.

Town got unlucky with the power roles (no info from parity cop, last mafia was roleblocker).
The game could've swinged either way and I didn't feel like an auto lynch game which was good.

Thanks to the mods for the good hosting and everyone else for participating.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 26 2017 21:43 GMT
#1508
I don't think I started the game too differently from the previous game though so that might be why his case didn't really gain any traction.
No gg, No skill.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
October 26 2017 21:47 GMT
#1509
I read a bit of this endgame and was very confused why nobody was considering Oats at all in mylo.

Also Ruxx was obv not mafia from some his posts in the last few hours.
I can take that responsibility.
Damerion
Profile Joined September 2017
149 Posts
October 26 2017 21:59 GMT
#1510
Hello,

Well I had a few things to say, but firstly I would very much like to thank the hosts and players that made the game somewhat enjoyable when I was able to play.

Oatsmaster, excellent job carrying to the win. I had thoughts about you all game starting with how you did not react to Grackaroni case on you, and how you just gave up pushes when there was the slightest blow back. But you were able to escape and eventually lynch me, good job overall.

I was really distracted this game overall due to work load, it was unfortunate and I do not think I would of made the same mistakes or missed key moments if it happened again. I think my play was lacking in follow up but the overall reads were not as bad as I think they were made out to be.

And for the majority of the game I only voted mafia, but I failed to apparently act towny and be convincing so I did not play well. It was quite demoralizing that people ignored my cases or just said scum without interacting.

One thing I wish I would of said before I died was about Conversions reaction to the Grackaroni case, he immediately defended Oatsmaster just like he did against Grackaroni case.

Was such a clear chainsaw for a partner.

Once again ty for the game.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-26 23:12:37
October 26 2017 23:12 GMT
#1511
According to obs chat damdred was obviously crumbing blue.
Can someone explain how he was doing that and how I can spot it?
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 26 2017 23:31 GMT
#1512
Because he was doing shit all and still being smug? Was quite obvious.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 26 2017 23:37 GMT
#1513
On October 27 2017 08:31 Holyflare wrote:
Because he was doing shit all and still being smug? Was quite obvious.

yeah i was just waiting for him to claim blue.

he was so like "yeah everything you said is true but I am not gonna get lynched".

Annyoing
No gg, No skill.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 26 2017 23:44 GMT
#1514
This game would have been a thousand times easier if people just did the really basic logical things. Onegu spent ten years attacking damerion and didn't save his partner. I'm still throughly confused on that. Damerion didn't vote to save himself and it looked bad to me when it's a mafia that flips. There's probably 100 more instances.

I also still don't even know why conversion got lynched or how he gathered votes despite asking several times why lol. It also baffles me how people call me scummy simply for asking people to state reasons why they wanted someone lynched, in a game of mafia!
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 26 2017 23:48 GMT
#1515
yup.
I looked really bad after damdred claimed, thats the point where you guys couldve got it together but xennon too lynchbaity
No gg, No skill.
xenonn40
Profile Joined October 2011
United States282 Posts
October 26 2017 23:48 GMT
#1516
GG

At least I voted more times for Oats than anyone else.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 26 2017 23:52 GMT
#1517
On October 27 2017 08:48 Oatsmaster wrote:
yup.
I looked really bad after damdred claimed, thats the point where you guys couldve got it together but xennon too lynchbaity


I was a hairs breadth away from calling you mafia and changing my vote when you said that holyflare was the easiest lynch.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 27 2017 00:10 GMT
#1518
On October 27 2017 08:52 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2017 08:48 Oatsmaster wrote:
yup.
I looked really bad after damdred claimed, thats the point where you guys couldve got it together but xennon too lynchbaity


I was a hairs breadth away from calling you mafia and changing my vote when you said that holyflare was the easiest lynch.

he was though.
You chose to lynch him
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 27 2017 00:12 GMT
#1519
i mean, all you had to do was convince town!me that HF is mafia. Which is not difficult considering the point you made about grack.

No gg, No skill.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-27 00:32:04
October 27 2017 00:31 GMT
#1520
I don’t remember what point I made about grack but, I don’t think hf is ever an easier lynch than grack in that position.
Like, I felt like grack was pretty much an autolynch at that point until I started defending him.

I don’t think mafia in my position ever starts defending grack and starts attacking holyflare.
I did not expect to get holy flare lynched anyway.
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1382
Bisu 961
Soma 436
EffOrt 179
hero 174
Pusan 106
HiyA 82
ZerO 49
sorry 40
Killer 38
[ Show more ]
soO 35
Bale 26
Rush 24
Mong 23
Shinee 21
Sharp 18
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Dota 2
Gorgc297
Counter-Strike
edward54
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft786
crisheroes692
Other Games
gofns44759
singsing1173
olofmeister1108
ceh9539
Livibee214
Pyrionflax150
ArmadaUGS43
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream478
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH330
• StrangeGG 47
• LUISG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2358
League of Legends
• Jankos1594
• Rush1299
• Stunt383
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
24m
Afreeca Starleague
24m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 24m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.