• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:15
CEST 17:15
KST 00:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8539 users

[M][N] Generic Mini Mafia - Page 17

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 44 Next All
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 18:04 GMT
#1565
Calix what are your updated thoughts on disfo / DF?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 18:18 GMT
#1570
Rofl... I laugh IRL everytime I read the name "solatax the amnesiac". Not sure why it gets me. Maybe because it's kind of true
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 18:18 GMT
#1571
Also reminds me of the golden days of SC2 Mafia.

http://sc2mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Amnesiac
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 18:40 GMT
#1573
Heh.

Do note though that I never really townread him. Or read him for that matter.... He was kind of under my radar all game.

Both Eden and DF made cases that I thought had some merit at the time (against Calix and Malongo). Those cases haven't aged that well though and there isn't much else they've done (or practically nothing else in Eden's case).
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 18:53 GMT
#1575
What was my name again?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 18:58 GMT
#1576
What game are we even playing?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 19:50 GMT
#1590
Eden deserves lynching more regardless. We'll see how to proceed after the flip.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 19:52 GMT
#1592
On March 21 2017 04:42 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2017 04:38 Calix wrote:
Yo DF, Xatalos and DDD are tinfoiling you as scum iirc. You should check that out.


Yea I saw. Xata frames it as hedging when I consider it to be logical and reasoned play, especially regarding you. I realized mid way through day 1 that I was spending way too much brain power on you and making tons of pre flip associations and shit that were counterproductive.

I didnt hedge at all on Malongo and gave him multiple chances for me to rethink my vote.

I don't think this game is as easy as everyone seems to think and I don't have huge PoE town circles to work off of.

Top town are rayn given the claim and you, followed by koshi. After that it gets very muddled for me and I'm by sure what to think


Maybe. There isn't anything super scummy about you. Just the general careful/hedging feel of many posts and POE.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 19:55 GMT
#1593
On March 21 2017 04:50 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2017 03:40 Xatalos wrote:
Heh.

Do note though that I never really townread him. Or read him for that matter.... He was kind of under my radar all game.

Both Eden and DF made cases that I thought had some merit at the time (against Calix and Malongo). Those cases haven't aged that well though and there isn't much else they've done (or practically nothing else in Eden's case).


Don't think this is a particularly accurate portrayal of my game. I'm like the only person to attempt pressuring Koshi and I successfully got his knickers in a twist (which I take pride in regardless of alignment)

I've had quite a busy day so while the last 10 pages were generated I wasn't around. Before that ritoky and Damdred(?) cased Eden pretty thoroughly which I don't have any problems with and I've been fine with him being the lynch today.

On the other hand you've been talking about this conspiracy theory bullshit for like half of today that isn't productive. You keep saying you'll stop and then you don't. So maybe we should both be more productive!


My two weak spots... Amnesia and bashing rayn

Well I said "much else". You have a rather large filter, and not as much content as I expected. Certainly you've done more than Eden or Onegu.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 20:10 GMT
#1600
I can't even do it. I was trying to make one of those kinds of posts as a joke, but it's surprisingly hard..
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 20:11 GMT
#1601
wot dis
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 21:02 GMT
#1604
ohhhhh
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 21 2017 06:05 GMT
#1635
Ignore rayn....

Another wagon isn't a bad idea. I won't vote for disfo today, but it's much more informative to have some competition.

ritoky kill was probably a combination of him being on the right track and wanting to create WIFOM
+ Show Spoiler +
.... and avoiding a save. That makes rayn more likely town, but unfortunately the ritoky kill is more likely if there is a save to be worried about.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 21 2017 06:08 GMT
#1636
On March 21 2017 14:32 Tumblewood wrote:
very strong town
calix
amg

other town
df
koshi
eden
xata

possible scummers
onegu
rayn
damdred
disfo


Uh.... How did Damdred, me and rayn end up lower than Eden, DF and AMG?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 21 2017 06:10 GMT
#1637
On March 21 2017 01:57 Tumblewood wrote:
idk I'm looking through disfo and I think I like him again. his early d1 is still good and he wasn't as useless as I thought mid-d1 (probably the part I skipped because some of it is unfamiliar).


Also how did disfo become scum when you only had good things to say about him today >.>
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 21 2017 06:15 GMT
#1639
On March 21 2017 14:21 Tumblewood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2017 14:15 darthfoley wrote:
On March 21 2017 14:09 Tumblewood wrote:
my objectivity is at an all time low + Show Spoiler +
not really
but I'm flipping disfo to scum. other pro is we get a nice interesting EoD


Explain why you TR koshi and are switching in disformation pls

I didn't like the eden wagon, so I voted Koshi. then I decided I should probably read Koshi's filter in case he was town, and his filter was good. not a real close examination but everything I saw (see: cared about) made me think he was town. so I decided maybe I was wrong on disfo. and I had kinda come off reading Koshi's very anti-disfo filter but in this read I started caring more about how boring he was. and he was boring, and I disliked him enough to vote him.
then I checked out eden again and it was actually pretty townie imo


OK, you did sort of explain it........
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 21 2017 06:15 GMT
#1640
On March 21 2017 15:14 Tumblewood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2017 15:08 Xatalos wrote:
On March 21 2017 14:32 Tumblewood wrote:
very strong town
calix
amg

other town
df
koshi
eden
xata

possible scummers
onegu
rayn
damdred
disfo


Uh.... How did Damdred, me and rayn end up lower than Eden, DF and AMG?

because I thought they were more town


Rofl
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 21 2017 06:20 GMT
#1643
At least nobody can say your answers aren't direct and to the point :D
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 21 2017 06:21 GMT
#1644
On March 21 2017 15:19 Tumblewood wrote:
(if you think my answers are unhelpful it's because I think my reads are fine as they are and your questions are indirectly calling them ridiculous. also I do not have anything in the way of formal reasoning)


Hmm.... Just gut feels?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 21 2017 14:58 GMT
#1772
The problem with focusing purely on logical arguments is that it's not an accurate approach. Town can often be illogical as well. Maybe even more so since scum are more careful not to "slip".

Let's assume you're town for a minute, rayn. Remember the Resistance game where you were town and I was scum? I was quite logical, constructive and widely townread (especially by you). You focused a lot on a couple of people like HTS who made bad arguments, even if they weren't overall really scummy (at least in my opinion).

So take Damdred for example. You've claimed that he hasn't been "smart" enough and that his question at the start didn't make sense. Even if both of those were true, neither make him scum (for the record, I agree that his question didn't make much sense, but it was just something of a discussion starter, and I think he's made several "smart" observations). Now a better reason might be something like that he's been a bit detached from both lynches. Even so, he's been posting a lot and clearly thinking about the game in terms of solving it. I'm willing to forgive some detachment for that. Especially since both Malongo and Eden have been pretty lurky and unexciting targets.

+ Show Spoiler +
I'm pushing my mental stamina not to mention a couple of new things I thought about rayn... it's not really relevant now anyway, and we'll know a lot more as time passed.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 44 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 454
BRAT_OK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32278
Bisu 2971
Shuttle 1753
Hyuk 1168
EffOrt 627
Mini 492
Larva 447
ZerO 354
Soma 333
firebathero 242
[ Show more ]
Zeus 120
hero 116
Sexy 66
Hyun 46
Last 43
Mong 40
Trap 38
Pusan 36
PianO 34
Killer 32
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 27
Hm[arnc] 22
sorry 20
zelot 15
Terrorterran 14
Rock 12
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8005
qojqva1768
Dendi867
Counter-Strike
fl0m2751
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1499
crisheroes998
Liquid`Hasu548
Lowko463
Other Games
singsing2115
B2W.Neo1368
Beastyqt504
Hui .212
Livibee209
Mlord181
Liquid`VortiX148
KnowMe114
ArmadaUGS106
elazer89
Mew2King81
CosmosSc2 21
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream64
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 50
• StrangeGG 31
• Adnapsc2 11
• mYiSmile111
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8979
• WagamamaTV282
League of Legends
• Jankos1977
Other Games
• Shiphtur178
Upcoming Events
FEL
46m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 46m
INu's Battles
20h 46m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.