• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:29
CEST 02:29
KST 09:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9329 users

[T][M] Resistance VI - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
February 13 2017 21:58 GMT
#1902
On February 14 2017 02:39 RtaniSoul wrote:
Alright, here's where I'm at.

Starting assumptions
Silver/me
Starting out with Silver and myself being in all effect confirmed town. I already had a very strong feeling on Silver being town before, and it's only compounded through dick move analysis after silver went emo on a mild amount of shade thrown on them by sharkie. We've put in too much effort to be a spy and that should be obvious by now. If Silver is spy, and to the rest if we're spy, the game is by all means over.

EC
Next, EC is confirmed mafia. Throughout the game he has taken very floaty stances as mentioned by I think silverika. His Grack townread came off a shaky SL scumread that when challenged, he almost immediately dropped. He's also dropped off the map and though some people really don't like this argument, the fact that the slot's been replaced twice already, including once from HtS whom has played through a game where she was quite sick as town all but condemns them in our eyes.

Summary
This leaves 2 spies in a group of 6, of which at least one is between sharkie/grack/vivax. To make things simpler, I will attempt to rule out certain combinations that don't make much sense and attempt to come to a set of scenario's where we can guarantee a win by mission 5.

Connections
Super
Super/EC seems unlikely at first, especially if the remaining mafia is not Vivax. They both voted against the first and second mission that went through, with the second one failing. It is important to note that spies don't have the ability to communicate with one another, but in a scenario in which Sharkie or Grack is mafia, 2 spies voted against a mission with a spy on it and all 6 resistance players plus the spy voted for it.

On the other hand, during EC's mission, he said:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2017 06:26 emperorchampion wrote:
@art I don't really see a compelling reason to switch super for grack? makes sense to put both on to me

Sorry this is from mobile

For his nomination he didn't want to swap grack in for super despite thread pressure, for which there's little reason for him to do so unless that would change the spy total to either 2 or 0. This leads me to believe that Super and Grack are opposite alignments, and thus Super is never mafia with Grack. I still see it as a possibility however that Super is mafia with EC, which would suggest to me that the only viable combination with Super as mafia is Super/Sharkie/EC.

Tumblewood/LightningStrike
TW/LS is an interesting slot as well. His nomination was TW/Grack/Vivax. If he's a spy, it doesn't really make sense for him to send himself with another spy, though it's possible he didn't believe the mission would go through. He's hardballed on Vivax being town and on Sharkie being mafia leading me to believe he's most likely to be a spy with Grack. Though he went softer on sharkie later and scumread them about equally, I don't believe TW has the balls to hard townread AND send spy teammate Vivax on a mission with him.

What speaks in favour of TW being mafia is that EC voted for his mission. This is also something pointing towards one of Grack/Vivax being mafia rather than Sharkie. The two combinations I can see for TW/LS are TW/Grack/EC and to a lesser extent TW/Sharkie/EC.

Sicklucker
Sicklucker has been the punching bag for most of the game and has not been on any mission other than the unanimously rejected mission of RtaniSoul, sicklucker, Silverika, Vivax which provides little information. A large point in his favour is that EC nominated a Super/TW/Silver team, and with Silver being for all intents confirmed, we have to conclude that either EC sent an all-town team or SL is town.

In the scenario in which EC sent an all-town team, we have to dig a little deeper. Vivax mentioned halfway through the approval process of M1 that he will treat SL as perma scum. Half a day later, he's considering a scenario in which SL is town. His opinion change on SL to potentially add him on a mission as the first person to openly do so doesn't feel like a likely spy/spy scenario due to the favorable position Vivax was in at the time. Considering this combination unlikely.

I don't believe in a Sharkie/SL team because of this post:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2017 18:00 sharkie wrote:
- sicklucker: approving/rejecting keeping secret only works in real life scenarios imo. There is so much meaning lost when you type something instead of seeing your other players face to face. So I don't think you can avoid keeping it open that at all imo. In this setting the more you post the more information you give other players so that's why people who don't post a lot seem very suspect.

P.S. Vivax I hate you for not choosing yourself over me.

Sharkie is talking to SL as if he thinks SL is town. Given the amount of suspicion ousted towards SL at the time, this combination seems exceedingly unlikely.

It's also hard to see a Grack/SL spy team due to the incredible certainty in which Grack put away SL as mafia, though possible. This post also doesn't feel spy on spy:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2017 07:36 Grackaroni wrote:
On February 12 2017 07:34 sicklucker wrote:
On February 11 2017 08:27 Grackaroni wrote:
On February 11 2017 07:32 sicklucker wrote:
you posted a low percentage team to pass like me. but dont include yourself. that makes no sense to me. your less scum read then me for sure

You realize that your mission got 0 votes.

And yet my mission is the one that doesn't make sense...

I'm mostly taking into consideration the people that I think are town.

I know that Rtanisoul/Sharkie will both consider the mission. Not sure about Silver/Super.


sick 0 votes

lol.

But mine at least had some discussion and an active day.

Yours was "I'm choosing myself..." into everyone afking.

Unless we're talking Toad/VE TL Mafia LI kind of hate it seems rather unlikely, thus I consider SL to basically be town, with an outside chance of being mafia with Vivax or Grack.

Conclusions
Combinations that I view as plausible:
EC/Sharkie/Super
EC/Grack/LS
EC/Sharkie/LS

Combinations that I view as possible but unlikely:
EC/Vivax/SL
[gap]
EC/Vivax/Super
EC/Grack/SL

This excludes the scenario's in which two of the people in the second mission are mafia, and doesn't go into my personal feelings of the slots itself (other than EC/Silver/me).

Going forward
Myself/Silver/SL/Vivax is the mission with the highest probability of success. Presuming my analysis is correct, they are either both spies, or, far more likely, neither are spies. The only contingency I haven't looked at for this is whether it's likely Vivax is a spybuddy with Grack or Sharkie, though my initial experience throughout the thread suggests it isn't the case.

I can't speak for Tumblewood as he was the one playing before I replaced in but I am town this game and approving the team Superbia put in.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
February 13 2017 22:02 GMT
#1906
WTF EC actually voted without posting shit? Okay if he wasn't confirmed scum now than he's scum for sure. Dunno why he wouldn't post shit while voting.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
February 13 2017 22:08 GMT
#1917
I not conceding because I town here Superbia.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
February 13 2017 22:14 GMT
#1921
On February 14 2017 07:03 RtaniSoul wrote:
I would've felt a lot better if Vivax voted for and LS voted against :/

Why? I am town here and I voted for this mission.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
February 14 2017 22:35 GMT
#2160
Sorry I was taking care of stuff for my US History class. I happy that we got a sucessful mission :D Should be a easy game from this point.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
February 14 2017 22:40 GMT
#2165
On February 15 2017 07:38 Grackaroni wrote:
We might just be waiting for EC to show up to concede.

What do you mean by we?
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
February 14 2017 22:50 GMT
#2174
On February 15 2017 07:44 RtaniSoul wrote:
poor ls :/ you're just so not town this game, are you? lol ><

I am town this game :of Besides I just finished a game.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
February 16 2017 01:24 GMT
#2244
When I knew how bad of a situation we were in so I tried to disassociate myself from them. Gg wp.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-16 12:16:04
February 16 2017 12:13 GMT
#2271
On February 16 2017 14:20 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2017 08:29 Grackaroni wrote:
See I was innocent!

It was a framing...


I never framed you though. :o

Show nested quote +
On February 16 2017 08:31 Vivax wrote:
Oh god poor sharkie D:
Well played, for a first game you were very good. Sucks that 2/3 of your team were full of replacements. Can't judge them all one by one, but you deserve the spy MVP.

This should get rid of the rumour that Grack is good at reading me

Well written flavour by the way!


My reason for your motivation as a spymaster was that you had the two worst players in the game as team members. :p

Show nested quote +
On February 16 2017 10:24 LightningStrike wrote:
When I knew how bad of a situation we were in so I tried to disassociate myself from them. Gg wp.


I was at worst a 50/50 with Grack and TW was at least a tossup between super and himself.
You, just made it open that you were a spy and then even yayvoted a decisive vote for an all town team. -.-

Even if it was 50/50 it would of been a uphill battle to win Mission 5 because of the double spy needing to sabotage the mission. Plus given what team I wanted to send I would of looked scummy as hell if I rejected it :\ Plus Vivax was being townread so if I voted reject I would of outed myself on that alone.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12764
Rain 1956
Artosis 768
White-Ra 209
ToSsGirL 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever615
NeuroSwarm176
League of Legends
Doublelift4155
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1512
ArmadaUGS600
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor698
WinterStarcraft240
Other Games
summit1g8949
shahzam673
Day[9].tv635
JimRising 531
C9.Mang0294
ViBE137
Maynarde135
Trikslyr67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick809
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream134
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 130
• davetesta42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1097
• Day9tv635
• Shiphtur268
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 31m
OSC
12h 31m
Stellar Fest
12h 31m
OSC
23h 31m
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.