• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:14
CEST 22:14
KST 05:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6078 users

[M][I] Rayn let's be nice Invite Take 2 - Page 28

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 36 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 17 2016 19:49 GMT
#541
I know I'm town.

At that point, I was very confident in Holyflare as town. I felt that the way he came back was very towny (at least, it fit the town perspective for him), and especially how my "Holyflare is mafia" hypothesis relied on Holyflare playing to survive. I wouldn't call nearly being lynched on Day 1 a good survival plan as mafia, if Holyflare actually cared to survive he wouldn't cut it anywhere near that close. Basically if he's mafia, then he has no gameplan at all, so it makes so much more sense for Holyflare to be town.

Palmar seemed like the only alternative. A few people that I trusted wanted to lynch him, so I checked through his filter and didn't see the things that made me townread him earlier. And then VisceraEyes (one of the people who knows Palmar best, at least I'm almost positive of this) said that he'd lynch Palmar, so I voted for him.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 17 2016 19:53 GMT
#542
Damdred, are you going to be around for a while?

If not, I'm sorry, but would you mind humoring me and talk about something else for a bit, and come back to me later?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 17 2016 19:57 GMT
#543
Last question,

Why trust say ve over say your tr in rayn? Obviously he's scuming you and hf. And it seems a couple people find nm to be an alternative
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 17 2016 20:02 GMT
#544
It was just me and DoYouHas who were suspicious of NocturneMage, at least that's what I thought at the time. It seems now that maybe Ace would have voted for him as well, I'm not sure. But it obviously wasn't going to happen.

I wasn't aware that raynpelikoneet had a read on Palmar. I only took notice when raynpelikoneet started saying Palmar was town like a minute before the deadline, but he didn't explain why and there wasn't much I could do at that point.

Even so, I had a townread on VisceraEyes, and I don't really trust people's townreads when I don't understand why they're a strong read.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 17 2016 20:12 GMT
#545
Well what do you think of dyh? Do you think his tr on you is good coming from his position?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 17 2016 20:20 GMT
#546
On January 18 2016 05:12 Damdred wrote:
Well what do you think of dyh? Do you think his tr on you is good coming from his position?
I'm kind of thinking that he is town because instead of doing nothing (if Holyflare is town) or lynching me (if Holyflare is mafia), he pushed on NocturneMage. There's no reason why this couldn't come from mafia, however the way he does it feels natural and towny to me, and I'm fine with a town lean on him for now.

I do have a problem with Cephiro's town read of me, though...
On January 17 2016 08:18 Cephiro wrote:
Question for overall thread sentiment since there's still quite a decent amount of votes on Trfel..

I can see how his cases aren't exactly the most rock solid ones, but am I missing something really obvious?
Other than him being somewhat wishywashy, I can't find any ill intent as in intentionally trying to make a player look off worse than what they are. There's a difference between cases not being perfect and cases manipulated with bad intentions, and I honestly don't see the latter when I look at Trfel's play. It doesn't feel coming from mafia at all, being very co-operative, not shitting the thread up while posting a lot (he seems to be trying to create useful discussion or progress the thread in most posts of his?).

So why is he one of the main lynch targets w/ 3 votes?

Going to wait for the NM case(s), and would like to hear more opinions about my case/push on Alot. I still think what I said makes sense, and feel it'd be pretty unnatural for a townie to act as such. Do people really think he has been trying to make things happen instead of contently doing enough to give the impression he's participating?
The things that he says here, while true, are exactly the opposite of why everyone else was scumreading me. It's not like DoYouHas, who townreads me for different reasons, but he townreads me for the exact same things that other people are scumreading me for, with exactly the opposite interpretations. That just seems.... yeah.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 17 2016 20:34 GMT
#547
I actually think you could be right about ceph perhaps.

But who else nm and?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 17 2016 20:40 GMT
#548
I'm going through the filters top to bottom, haven't gotten to NocturneMage yet. So I'm not super sure about him yet.

What are your thoughts about ritoky?

+ Show Spoiler [my thoughts] +
I kind of feel like he is town because he really wants to keep his mafia record good, but he's rolled mafia a lot lately and I'm not sure if he suffers from scum fatigue?

And mostly just because every time I townread ritoky, it's wrong T.T But I still want to townread him anyway?


I'm also a bit suspicious of geript, because last time I played with him, he was really really smart. His reads had this special feel to them and they were so insightful. I know he doesn't necessarily play like that every game as town, but here, his reads feel a bit dull, and but he's actually trying. I'm not sure if that makes him mafia or not, but I don't really like it... Thoughts?
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
January 17 2016 20:46 GMT
#549
I dont know most of you so I have no clue how you play but something isn't right here. Technically I should be one of your first suspects. I "pushed" the Palmar wagon and didn't vote. As scum this would be an easy way for me to blame the Palmar voters and waste Town time debating people that would lead to mislynches.

And yet some of you missed this entirely and are treating me like confirmed Town.

Something is screwed up with the people talking about suspects right now. If I have more time tonight I'll actually read the thread instead of posts that happen when Im around. But please look at the what I said.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 17 2016 20:48 GMT
#550
I wasn't aware that anyone was townreading Ace?
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
January 17 2016 20:52 GMT
#551
I was going to explain it in depth but I think I'll wait till later assuming I'm still alive.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 17 2016 20:52 GMT
#552
On January 18 2016 05:46 Ace wrote:
I dont know most of you so I have no clue how you play but something isn't right here. Technically I should be one of your first suspects. I "pushed" the Palmar wagon and didn't vote. As scum this would be an easy way for me to blame the Palmar voters and waste Town time debating people that would lead to mislynches.

And yet some of you missed this entirely and are treating me like confirmed Town.

Something is screwed up with the people talking about suspects right now. If I have more time tonight I'll actually read the thread instead of posts that happen when Im around. But please look at the what I said.


I was waiting to see if you were doing some kind of chezinu rule play because calling me mafia all day and then deciding to not push me because I didn't want to get lynched was pretty scummy.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 17 2016 20:54 GMT
#553
Also personally I can't wait for rayn to flip mafia, all he's done this game is make a case on me but KNOWING I'm confirmed town and then wanting trfel dead and afking all day into rage quit palmar defence based on 1 post palmar made.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 17 2016 20:55 GMT
#554
who the fuck gets angry because someone is confirmed town, mafia!
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 17 2016 21:02 GMT
#555
or someone that shouldn't be in this game and either way I'm happy no matter what that ends up being!
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 17 2016 21:20 GMT
#556
My initial read/gut feeling is he is town but there's limited things to go on.

@Ace if I can finish what I was working on I thought about it but people say give you a bit of time to develop which I'm happy to do until tommorow at least.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 17 2016 22:40 GMT
#557
whatevs really, it's like 3 people playing the game lol
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
January 17 2016 22:44 GMT
#558
On January 18 2016 06:20 Damdred wrote:
My initial read/gut feeling is he is town but there's limited things to go on.

@Ace if I can finish what I was working on I thought about it but people say give you a bit of time to develop which I'm happy to do until tommorow at least.


dont listen to other people. Do what you have to.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
January 17 2016 22:48 GMT
#559
On January 18 2016 07:40 Holyflare wrote:
whatevs really, it's like 3 people playing the game lol


well I'm not too active only because of time. But you should try and take the game seriously even if it means ignoring rayne to keep the game going. You keep blowing it off and other people are doing it shitting it up for everyone.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 17 2016 22:50 GMT
#560
I've made a case and not really anyone in the game has commented on it. I'm actually here and playing.
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 769
ZombieGrub109
JuggernautJason79
Nathanias 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 580
White-Ra 177
firebathero 84
910 44
Killer 25
Trap 22
Counter-Strike
Fnx 774
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0177
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9709
crisheroes1928
Liquid`Hasu1731
Trikslyr75
Other Games
summit1g5520
Liquid`RaSZi5085
Beastyqt827
shahzam462
B2W.Neo277
IndyStarCraft 169
KnowMe132
ArmadaUGS126
Pyrionflax100
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream331
Other Games
BasetradeTV183
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV311
League of Legends
• TFBlade999
Other Games
• imaqtpie738
• Shiphtur305
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 46m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.