• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:23
CEST 21:23
KST 04:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7882 users

[M][I] Rayn let's be nice Invite Take 2 - Page 27

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 36 Next All
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
January 17 2016 09:46 GMT
#521
gonna make something to eat and then put some effort into this game i suppose.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
January 17 2016 09:56 GMT
#522
this message goes out to any vigis or cops out there. i don't think my interest level in this game is going to come back because of the way it started/ended; if you think that's going to be a detriment to town going forward or you don't like the reads i am about to post then just shoot or check me. i will flip town, but if questions about the guy not doing enough is gonna ruin town more than shooting a townie then it's probably just worth it to resolve me 1 way or the other.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
January 17 2016 10:07 GMT
#523
town (no particular order):
ritoky

VE - similar thoughts at similar times and cuz of this post and in particular the question that i think never comes from mafia:

On January 16 2016 01:57 VisceraEyes wrote:
##Vote: Trfel

So let's assume for now that ritoky is never getting lynched today. Let's further assume that you could only kill one of three people, and those three people are the MOST active people in the game so far. Which one would you lynch and why?


damdred - shitting on nm for giving me any town cred and being feisty; peacekeeper damdred is mafia damdred

hf - mod shit, can't help himself read, and best case made in the game so far:

On January 17 2016 09:50 Holyflare wrote:
A lot so much is mafia.

1. Says rayn has rayn logic and it's not bad but decides to go against rayn's case and still call me town. TMI.

2. Says trfel looked bad but then says trfel looks a lot more towny but still votes trfel.

3. Says that case from rayn on trfel always existed and that's why he was voting trfel but doesn't make sense just after he says trfel looks more towny.

4. Says votes on me and trfel are a good 2 wagons...? Even though he started to tr trfel and has always tr me.

5. Says votes on me good because I'm scummy but for no reasons.

6. Asks why I haven't backed down on trfel so trefl looks good after flip but I've never been on trfel.


Aka convenient tmi in posts (to tr rayn, me), surface level (no reasons whatsoever) to scum read people, and no logical progression other than opportune wanting to be on current wagons.



ace - saw the potential scum slip i saw when reading through the game

On January 17 2016 08:46 Ace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2016 08:44 NocturneMage wrote:
On January 17 2016 08:34 Trfel wrote:
On January 17 2016 08:29 NocturneMage wrote:
On January 17 2016 08:20 Trfel wrote:
@NocturneMage, I am ignoring geript and Palmar (and AlotSomuch) because I am not sure about them, and because you are mafia

I felt that Palmar is town for meta reasons, but I should probably look again at Assassination Mafia, my meta could be incorrect.


I'm not, and when I flip town, where will you go after that?

Also IIRC Palmar's meta is finding mafia day 1 or being scum for not progressing the game. If you maintain he's town for meta reasons and he's policy lynching HF over a scum read (you) and you're town, why would you be townreading him?

Or if your understanding of his meta is different from mine, then what is it?
I don't know. I'm starting to remember some things that make me less sure that you are mafia, though, so I really need to look into that more.

My perception of Palmar's meta is that as mafia he is serious and as town he is not. Basically just that, but relative to Palmar's play. That's why he was mafia in Outlaw Mafia (to me, anyway), because overall he was serious and actually playing the game as it's intended to be played.

To answer your previous question, I did read the thread (if a bit quickly, there's some time pressure...), and I read your posts. And I still think that you are mafia, though I'm double-checking that read. Yes, I found several things about your more recent posts suspicious, but I don't share every suspicious thing that I see unless I feel that there is a point to it.


Here's the thing, the reason I'm asking you this is accountability. You're driving a mislynch one way or another.

DYH I can't tell at the moment if he's town having a bad read on me because he's just not been in this game or if he's mafia trying to get the easiest ML he can manage.

And Trfel if you are town, then I think you're not entirely accurate on the Palmar meta. He trolled the shit out of people in Outlaw, and in Down Under 3 from obsing I recall him being more serious yelling at people who didn't follow him. It's a faulty reason to town him in your worldview.


the fuck? clarify


rayn - cuz i made that 1 read early about the way palmar was talking to rayn and how it was different and how rayn is only mafia if palmar is too, oh and he made a post in all caps.

mafiaish:

NM - see scumslip above, tmi knowing both wagons = town

geript - usually shits town on my face when town, face clear of feces, so mafia lean

mafia:

alotsomuch - cuz hf case is good

any questions?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
January 17 2016 10:09 GMT
#524
probably going to sleep soon then gonna watch my hawks probably lose tomorrow and depending on how much wallowing in despair i do i may or may not be back before the flip.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 17 2016 14:33 GMT
#525
Eh don't think alot is so mafia-y after reading his VS games. Also jesus how do people play mafia on these badly formatted websites.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 17 2016 14:38 GMT
#526
On January 17 2016 23:33 Holyflare wrote:
Eh don't think alot is so mafia-y after reading his VS games. Also jesus how do people play mafia on these badly formatted websites.


Although I've not read his town games so grain of salt.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 17 2016 14:44 GMT
#527
Good morning another 18 hour shift at least I should have a small amount of mafia time now to work
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 17 2016 15:27 GMT
#528
DYH could you explain your tr on Trfel in greater detail?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 17 2016 17:18 GMT
#529
On January 17 2016 10:28 Holyflare wrote:
Hello... hello...hello

Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 17 2016 17:27 GMT
#530
Well I'm going to get to work on maybe a vca or at least a Poe list I was hoping that Trfel, dyh would show up.

I sorta think someone up for lynch has to be scum in this situation.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 17 2016 18:41 GMT
#531
Hi.

I wasn't planning on doing much tonight, but I guess I can try to answer questions if anyone has them. I will go to get lunch soon, and I'll be gone for a few hours before End of Night, but otherwise I'll probably be here.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 17 2016 18:47 GMT
#532
Trfel after you and rayn talked and you tried to swing the convo to nm. When did you really start town reading hf? And why?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 17 2016 18:49 GMT
#533
Also why no info on vote switches trfel?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 17 2016 18:56 GMT
#534
I actually found something fun in trfels filter hf
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 17 2016 18:59 GMT
#535
Which is?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 17 2016 19:07 GMT
#536
Scum reads you continuously throughout d1 basically. After arguing with rayn says they aren't sure about you anymore and soon afterwards talks to you like you are confirmed town.

The vote on palmar is based on crummy reasoning as well I think by him.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 17 2016 19:13 GMT
#537
Damdred, I started townreading Holyflare when I was talking to you about him.

I realized that I was being stupid and that my read was bad, so I changed my read to make it correct. If that makes me scum, then that's fine with me.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 17 2016 19:20 GMT
#538
You filter says otherwise trfel

You scum read hf
We talk
You still read him scum
We talk more
You want to check his filter bit still,think,it's scum motivated
You argue with rayn
Say you are unsure about hf either way
Then say to hf let's ignore rayn and lynch mafia (implies townread)
Then later you say you think hf is town.

So what changed from talking to rayn to that town read or even from talking to me to being unsure to saying tr.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 17 2016 19:26 GMT
#539
Holyflare didn't do anything differently, I did.

I decided that it would be pretty stupid for Holyflare to play mafia in this way, and that this was more important than the mafia motivation that I was seeing. The mafia motivation also made more sense from a town perspective, the more I thought about it.

My initial read was bad. I mean, do you want me to explain why that read was bad, because I thought that it was obvious?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 17 2016 19:43 GMT
#540
Take me through voting palmar
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 328
TKL 325
IndyStarCraft 202
BRAT_OK 100
ZombieGrub57
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 928
TKL 325
IndyStarCraft 202
MaxPax 177
BRAT_OK 100
UpATreeSC 87
ZombieGrub57
JuggernautJason51
Nathanias 25
EmSc Tv 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 680
ggaemo 167
White-Ra 151
firebathero 82
Barracks 61
910 50
Killer 26
Shine 25
Trap 25
yabsab 7
Dota 2
qojqva3863
Counter-Strike
Fnx 792
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0172
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8512
crisheroes1725
Liquid`Hasu1552
Trikslyr61
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4326
summit1g3069
singsing1387
Beastyqt801
shahzam415
B2W.Neo348
KnowMe126
ArmadaUGS109
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream391
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 176
• Reevou 4
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 20
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade914
Other Games
• Shiphtur329
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 37m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.