• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:06
CEST 12:06
KST 19:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6688 users

Newbie Student Mafia IX - Page 20

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 Next All
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 18:33 GMT
#1965
On May 11 2015 03:19 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2015 03:18 -Celestial- wrote:
On May 11 2015 03:11 ritoky wrote:
i love these scum cases on me, they list a bunch of stuff and i say to myself "wow that's town"


If you think that's townplay and you actually are town you're a horrible judge of townplay. Then again we already know that since you were reading prpl so hard as town despite him doing jack all.


When someone posts the post: "fuck you, i am not posting a lot this game" this directly translates to: "hi everyone, i am a role or mafia". on day 1 you should always play assuming that person is a role. i am trying to teach you how to town.


Didn't you townread him earlier for having the same thoughts as you (scumreading me) DESPITE posting that in the opening stages of the game?

On May 05 2015 01:30 ritoky wrote:
y'know i gave prp a early town read cuz he made a quality observation, then i layed off him cuz he did a "fuck you" post, which always gives me the hots. but this kinda disengaged is kinda meh. you're falling on my list big boy.

stutters is also declining rapidly at this point.

place them both on the lynchable list.


Look at the timestamps. "Fuck you" post by prplhz comes in at:

On May 04 2015 03:39 prplhz wrote:
if you want to lynch me for low post count then you should do it now because i'm going to post a lot less this game. that game (like many other games) i tried to spam myself town. that's also why i have joined out of time mafia, because i want to stop spamming so much. anyway the reason i haven't posted a lot is because i haven't been around.

@superbia @ritoky what do you think about celestial? he is coming on as super tryhard, like nothing i've ever seen before. he stands out a lot compared to the general relaxed atmosphere in the thread. didn't filter him yet (dunno how much i can get out of that this early anyway) but it's just something that been sticking out a lot.

also @superbia happy birthday!


Ritoky was IN THREAD at the time this happened (click the # icon to check who else was posting - it takes you to the exact placement of the post in the entire thread). He only scumread him when prplhz fell off.

You were adamant about it when thread sentiment was shifting that way. Why not when the "fuck you" post came on through?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 18:35 GMT
#1966
On May 11 2015 03:30 -Celestial- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2015 03:28 ritoky wrote:

it was pretty low content stuff hence why i called it walls of text. one of them was even about the princess bride if i recall correctly. so sorry if my critical thinking cap turned off at that point


She was explaining the term WIFOM. Which was highly relevant. The fact that you're misrepresenting this makes it even more likely that you're scum.


I'm seeing similar jumps/misrepresentations in logic as he's making when he was serial killer in Titanic.

Whoop-de-doo ritoky - the princess bride reference was all in reference to WIFOM which directly influenced y0su's read on me.

My purpose was to flesh out newb town or newb scum from that.

I've resolved the WIFOM argument but I've not resolved the parroting argument - he's sheeping tictock on the sicklucker read.

There was absolute purpose in that, and again shows you're not thinking critically or taking it out of context. Yawn.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 19:11 GMT
#2001
On May 07 2015 07:04 ritoky wrote:
y0su's reason for greening me is bad. his reads are too conformy, and i don't buy his remorse and what i said would have changed his vote line all that much. you fighting with him and bit and pushing on eachother doesn't feel like 2 town fighting. 1 of you is mafia. for you being mafia, would take more time and capabilities to explain.


On May 07 2015 07:09 ritoky wrote:
hm that made no sense. y0su doing cool stuff that i like to scum read me, i TR him, he softens on me cuz of my TR, he then greens me for bad reason, i no like.


On May 10 2015 03:49 ritoky wrote:
Also idk if y0su is mafia will have to read more later, but didn't he actually consider my claim? That makes him less likely in my mind


If you're town you have a lot of double standards. You scummed him earlier for being too conformy and then he just sheeps tictock's read on sicklucker. He towned him early d1, and it was on a read that things have changed since.

On May 10 2015 22:34 y0su wrote:
I like TT's points about SL
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 07 2015 05:25 y0su wrote:
Right now I think I'm most willing to vote SL. I'm really disappointed in his d2 content and reasons for voting super. (yes I have super red, but not for the same reasons - I feel like he's doing the most to confuse town) TS could still slip into a tie with prp.



Superbia has since been confirmed town, and this is what he quoted FIVE HOURS AGO from his own thoughts FOUR DAYS AGO. He's not even critically looking at sicklucker. At least not that I could find in his filter.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 19:11 GMT
#2003
I took a hard look at the manner at which y0su considered your claim ritoky. Honestly he could be saying that as either alignment. Several others who reflected on that situation had similar sentiments.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 19:14 GMT
#2005
On May 11 2015 04:07 Superbia wrote:
Oh and because he kinda mindmelded with certain stuff, but that's probably because he had tmi. z_z


This is exactly why I hate the mindmelding argument.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 19:15 GMT
#2007
On May 11 2015 04:11 Half the Sky wrote:
I took a hard look at the manner at which y0su considered your claim ritoky. Honestly he could be saying that as either alignment. Several others who reflected on that situation had similar sentiments.


To elaborate on this - you (ritoky) said that "a newbie couldn't think of this situation" to be fair presuming he's scum, he's on a scumteam with two vets and a coach, as town he has one, we know jack all what's being said to him and he's playing out a list of hypotheticals. Which can be done as either alignment.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 19:17 GMT
#2009
Which is why, ritoky, I'm not at all sold on y0su being town. I'm most concerned about his read progression.

Compare that to tictock and (flipped medic) disinformation.

He's also asking a load of questions and not seeing much conclusions and you even called him comformy yourself. You should examine whether this is happening again as he's voting sicklucker.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 19:20 GMT
#2013
EoD's at midnight, right? Alright, I really do need to get going but I'll be back.

I think my concerns are quite clear on both players, but my vote stays on y0su.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 20:06 GMT
#2034
On May 11 2015 05:01 y0su wrote:
lol yes the drink (scotch and amaretto) is a Godfather


Ahhhhhhhhh. I see.

Damn, we were right all along. GGs y0su.

Everyone else, told you he was newbie scum
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 20:06 GMT
#2035
I have never heard of the Godfather drink though. That's an interesting way to post it.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 20:09 GMT
#2038
On May 11 2015 04:59 y0su wrote:
GG WP

you guys we great but I don't think this is the game for me


Also I'm going to be honest. I will tell you the same thing I told Celestial when we were mafia together and it was his first game.

Mafia side is MUCH harder to play than town side. So failure as this alignment your first game, I would not let it discourage you. You're new here, so set goals for yourself what you want to accomplish each game.

You aren't going to be a top town or mafia player overnight. It takes time. And you need to work on your town game before you can get better at the scum side.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 20:11 GMT
#2042
Damn you Superbia, you ninjaed me!

But seriously I wouldn't get discouraged.

Yes, you RNGed into a very inactive team. That's the other thing, everyone plays the scum side differently. Some people don't play scum when they RNG scum, and that can really hurt those who are giving it an honest go, or trying to.

I think you were hurt by your team in the sense of interactions which Superbia called you out on.

But individually you sheeped reads without taking the time demonstrably yourself to come to a conclusion on them. Your scum read on sicklucker was a red flag to me because sicklucker's gameplay had changed, yet you were relying on a read four days ago to come to your conclusion.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 20:15 GMT
#2046
I actually wanted to roll mafia this game as well.
I actually enjoy playing the scum side, provided RL gives me enough time to play the game.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 20:18 GMT
#2048
Holy shit y0su, for a first time scummer, you asked some VERY good questions in the mafia qt.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-10 20:22:18
May 10 2015 20:21 GMT
#2052
Celestial gets an award for the craziest tunnel: scumreading ritoky post-game.

Only now I realise that ritoky's logic and reasoning doesn't match up with mine. I have quite different criteria when I scumhunt. It was hard trying not to scumread him for things that didn't necessarily make him mafia.

I had a semi-parnoia feeling though because ritoky is just so bloody good at mafia side, I was getting scared he was the active mafia.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 20:30 GMT
#2069
On May 11 2015 05:26 plotspot wrote:
huh? What does it mean "y0su has fled"? Can you just give up like this?


Mafia are permitted to concede at a reasonable point in the game. They lost a ML with the vigishot and y0su was the only one left.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 20:31 GMT
#2070
On May 11 2015 05:29 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2015 05:15 Half the Sky wrote:
I actually wanted to roll mafia this game as well.


Says the person who PM'd me prior to the game starting specifically asking for a town coach -_-


Well I have no idea where the RNG gods will smile or frown. I leave that to the RNG gods.

Still much appreciated Kita. My town game needed a load of work, and I'm glad I just had some input trying to work on my weaknesses this game. <3
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
May 10 2015 20:34 GMT
#2072
On May 11 2015 05:24 -Celestial- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2015 05:23 ritoky wrote:

-c- donkeyed it up :D


Go screw yourself.


Honestly, the reference "town donkey" is noted about a town player who is playing suboptimally. Basically town players who play like scum, like sicklucker. You will hear others use the term "donkey" or "town donkey" it just means that your play isn't helping town. That's all he means. Personally I found your play more helpful than I did ritoky's but like I said in D1, ritoky and I had different perspectives on reading people based on my experience with players and his lack of experience with those same players.

To me, in D1, not having the same reads as someone isn't cause for concern, it's how they get there. Which that mentality worked in getting y0su. So I don't feel so badly now lol.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-10 20:49:24
May 10 2015 20:45 GMT
#2078
But Celestial, I'll be very honest with you here...this batch of veterans are normally very tame. Criticism of gameplay is the normal in mafia, even with town/town interactions - a really good scum player will know how to get into people's heads, and I've seen it before with some of the heavier tone players like geript/rayn/holyflare/JAT, etc.

And that's something I can safely say for most of this community, things get heated in game, but people drop it after post-game. Even when town loses (and there's a lot of people fussed about the result) people get things off their chest post-game, mods are there to keep the peace, and people move on afterwards.

It's honestly something you (and even I to an extent) need to work on. Even as town, you're not going to be perfect overnight.

Sorry about my skepticism toward you all game HtS, it's just for some reason you have a way with new players and swaying them into your loving embrace. That terrifies me in games like this, so I refused to town read you all game out of a similar paranoia that you hold for me LOL.


Also rit, I have done this as both alignments. Beyond my alignment, part of me thinks "if this newb has this question why isn't the newbie asking a coach" but if you interpreted that as buddying I can see why you'd think that to be a problem. People who know my play better should treat that as NAI, though I was trying to use WIFOM as an argument because that was y0su's main argument against me.

I just had some difficulty trying to make sense I wasn't scumming people for things that didn't necssarily make them scum, and then stacking against experience. It took a while for me to get out of it on ritoky until I realised why he thought y0su was town...and why he might be wrong.

Live and learn.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-10 20:48:04
May 10 2015 20:47 GMT
#2079
As for Blazinghand's timezone being a problem - yeh that 11h time difference holy shit, and I think Stutters is pretty far west too. So you were quite isolated once prplhz got lynched.

Unlucky, that.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings38
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 174
ByuN 12
SHIN 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10177
Rain 3264
soO 599
Stork 415
Soulkey 382
BeSt 358
Soma 346
Rush 288
firebathero 227
Britney 192
[ Show more ]
Barracks 120
Sexy 58
Shinee 55
Mind 47
FanTaSy 43
Killer 33
Sharp 26
Shine 21
HiyA 21
sorry 21
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 16
hero 14
Terrorterran 13
yabsab 12
zelot 10
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc6067
League of Legends
JimRising 430
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King106
Other Games
gofns38934
singsing1257
Pyrionflax211
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 61
• Sammyuel 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV214
League of Legends
• Jankos3384
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 54m
OSC
12h 54m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.