• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:00
CEST 06:00
KST 13:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9208 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 22 2015 21:21 GMT
#9
/in
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 23 2015 19:10 GMT
#64
I believe sicklucker signed up and wasn't counted?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 27 2015 23:00 GMT
#179
I'm town!
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 28 2015 19:38 GMT
#774
Hi!

This is a terrible opening post!
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 28 2015 19:55 GMT
#777
On March 29 2015 04:51 Half the Sky wrote:
Seeing Trfel's opening post now, Trfel's initial post is towny - he's just trying to have some fun, but the expectation is that he'll come back and give a slew of insights over time.
o.O

That was not the reaction I expected to that post...
On March 29 2015 04:51 Half the Sky wrote:
rsoultin also has a poor track record of reading me so again, not worried.
Anyway, rsoultin is of the opinion that you (Half the Sky) always seem scummy when you're town, so I find it surprising that she is suspicious of you for looking scummy after only one post. Rsoultin does seem to be town for other things, though, but I need to check her filter to be sure.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-30 18:31:38
March 28 2015 21:25 GMT
#808
Probably Town

LightningStrike + Show Spoiler +
While I dont like his push on rsoultin, I feel that the way he did it makes him more likely to be town. I don't think that mafia!LightningStrike would show bias against a player before they start posting, and then continuously push that read. Also, LightningStrike does pay additional attention to rsoultin over everyone else, he showed this in Student Mafia V.

batsnacks + Show Spoiler +
I'm very comfortable with batsnacks as town. He's been pushing good things, and being helpful and sensible.

sicklucker + Show Spoiler +
See below.


Slightly Town

rsoultin + Show Spoiler +
The reasons that LightningStrike used to scumread rsoultin are rather poor. In general, rsoultin has seemed carefree enough to be a town lean.

ObiWanShinobi + Show Spoiler +
Liked his early push on LightningStrike

WaveofShadow + Show Spoiler +
Said a lot of the same things that I felt, seems to be scumhunting. I'm liking his play.


Slightly Mafia

Damdred + Show Spoiler +
His play hasn't been very memorable. He made a post townreading Holyflare for noticing and pushing all of the right things, but Holyflare later stated (and I agree) that he hadn't really done anything by that point.

ExO_ + Show Spoiler +
See below.


Mafia

Hapahauli + Show Spoiler +
See below.


Third Party

Holyflare + Show Spoiler +
See below.


On the Adventuring Party
+ Show Spoiler [Thoughts on the Adventuring Party] +
On March 23 2015 05:44 GreYMisT wrote:
In addition to the above, the members of the adventuring party will receive some bonus powers. These powers cannot be used on the same night as any powers that player might also have.

One thing that people seem to overlook is that the adventuring party is given additional abilities. Therefore, it is not beneficial to only elect someone who does actions that are favorable to town (a generally accepted lynch for the warrior, and letting the lynch go through for the rogue), but also electing people who are town and know how to use these abilities well. However, given the format of one vote per player, and the top three players are elected, I think it is almost impossible for mafia to be completely locked out of the adventuring party. They probably have enough people to take one of the three spots. Looking at the voting analysis could prove quite useful for this.

However, scumhunting is definitely the most important thing, and the adventuring party should only be the focused on later in the day (when it does matter to elect the right people).

ExO_

ExO_'s decision to run for the adventuring party was very delayed. Initially, he seemed to wonder about the game mechanics, and sit on the sidelines, but then he made a slight push for becoming the warrior. And then, he keeps posting campaign pictures, and then suddenly decides that he's willing to be second to someone else's campaign. The goal of his campaign seems to be constantly changing. It's not clear why he decided to run, and why he is so determined to get a spot on the adventuring party. This doesn't necessarily make ExO_ scum, but I am suspicious of him. I'm interested in seeing how he continues from here.

I also don't want to elect ExO_ to the adventuring party because I'm not sure if I trust him with whatever additional abilities the adventuring party is given. I do not want to see ExO_ elected today.

sicklucker

I'm very confident that sicklucker is town here. His play seems to be an obvious fakeclaim. He does like to fakeclaim as town, so I'm comfortable with townreading sicklucker here.

Holyflare

I'm guessing that Holyflare is a third party in this game. His play doesn't show indications of extra information, but it appears that he isn't playing with the full force that he does as town. I'm guessing he's a third party with a survival goal.

[red]Hapahauli

Hapahauli seems to be inactive for quite some time. As many others have pointed out, this suggests that Hapahauli is mafia here. My guess is that he will come back to the thread and make a falsified case against someone to save himself. When he does this, you know that he is mafia, and you can lynch him.

I have this feeling that justanothertownie, Holyflare, and rsoultin are going to be elected. And I'm pretty sure that Holyflare isn't town, so we shouldn't let this happen.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 28 2015 22:36 GMT
#828
On March 29 2015 07:03 Koshi wrote:
Trfel, don't you think that it is more likely that scum wont adjust a read? I am talking about your LS townread.
It's a small bit of meta on LightningStrike. LightningStrike generally is nice to people and townreads them as town. In addition, no one clearly proved why his claims were false (until rsoultin went through her past games), so he had no reason to drop the read from a town perspective. I find it more telling that he stuck with it because of his reasons, even though everyone else was saying it was a bad read (though not clearly showing why it was a bad read).
On March 29 2015 07:05 Holyflare wrote:
like what trfel just sheeped all my reads and pretty much reasons and didn't even list me there


broooooo?
And you expect me to be able to read one of the best scum players on the site less than 24 hours into the first day?

From the games I've played in where you were scum, you tended to spend some time discussing irrelevant things and weren't terribly serious for a while. However, as town, you sometimes start out seriously and lead the thread from the very beginning. This game, I'm seeing more of the former. I don't know if this is alignment indicative or not, and I'm not going to do a full meta analysis (it's too unlikely to give a false conclusion). So I have no read on you at this time.
On March 29 2015 07:11 Keirathi wrote:
I'm not here trying to advocate that ExO should be in the party or anything if people don't agree with me (even though I'm right), but there's more than enough reason not to lynch him until he posts more.
I don't want to lynch ExO_ yet. But I definitely do not want him in the adventuring party.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 29 2015 07:06 GMT
#1431
First off, apologies for this post being short. I'm rather sleepy, and I'm really busy tomorrow, so I can't guarantee much more from me until after the deadline.

I'm not convinced that LightningStrike is scum here. He made a bunch of null reads, but his early push on rsoultin was rather townie. He seems to be trying hard in this game, and I don't want to lynch him.

For now, I think that Holyflare is the best vote. He seems very towny, and he has been actively leading the thread. He's also said many of the same thoughts that I have had. His lynch candidates also generally line up with mine. I also trust Holyflare with whatever abilities are given to him by the adventuring party role.

##vote Holyflare

I personally like a sicklucker lynch. He's basically claimed third party.

As for Hapahauli: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................

I don't want to lynch Half the Sky yet, either. I am fairly confident in reading her in a longer game, using the tell that Holyflare developed: "boring Half the Sky is mafia". I am not convinced that Half the Sky has been given enough time to be interesting in this game yet.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 29 2015 07:36 GMT
#1434
On March 29 2015 16:34 sicklucker wrote:
I also claimed a power role. Of course you want to lynch me trefel..
Also claimed? So you're admitting that you claimed third party?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 29 2015 22:35 GMT
#2322
I was out for all of today. I'm 36 pages behind.

Is there anything I need to know/do before End of Day?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 29 2015 22:38 GMT
#2335
On March 30 2015 07:36 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 07:35 Trfel wrote:
I was out for all of today. I'm 36 pages behind.

Is there anything I need to know/do before End of Day?


Well you're our top lynch target, aside from someone that causes a domino effect of death apparently.
Uh, why do people want to lynch me?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 29 2015 22:42 GMT
#2360
I stated a long time ago that I was going to be busy today. There's nothing I can do about it.

If you're wondering about my read progression on Holyflare, a lot of it I'm not allowed to discuss (ongoing games). But while Holyflare started out with some nonsense, he took control of the thread. I always expect Holyflare to be a voice of reason, but in this case he was actively leading and directing, and that makes me lean town on him. While he is capable of that as scum, he often leaves some tells that make me suspicious, but I don't see those this game.

If you're wondering about sicklucker, town needs to get rid of third party players. Sure, lynching mafia is better than lynching third party, but I'd rather take an extremely high chance of lyncing third party than a coinflip at lynching mafia.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 29 2015 22:45 GMT
#2372
On March 30 2015 07:40 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 07:35 Trfel wrote:
I was out for all of today. I'm 36 pages behind.

Is there anything I need to know/do before End of Day?


Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 16:06 Trfel wrote:
I personally like a sicklucker lynch. He's basically claimed third party.


Can you explain why you are wanting to lynch sicklucker for being/claiming third party when

1 presumably you don't know what the third party wincons are
2 if you are town, you should be lynching mafia, so why aren't/didn't you re-examining your other scumreads (Damdred and ExO) from your last post
You're right, I don't know what third party win conditions are, but I do know that they have to be eliminated.

I haven't yet had a chance to examine my scumreads.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 29 2015 22:52 GMT
#2409
On March 30 2015 04:07 Hapahauli wrote:
He wants to lynch sicklucker because he's 3rd party. That's a big nono. Mafia want to lynch 3rd parties. Town generally are looking for mafia first. It doesn't help that the rest of his post is basically summary and non-committal reads on LS, myself, and HtS.
Wait, this is why I am being lynched???

This makes no sense. Town needs to eliminate third party. And again, I would take a very good chance at killing third party over a random shot at killing mafia.

I didn't make a read on Hapahauli, I didn't make a read on Half the Sky. My "zzzz" about Hapahauli both means that I was bored of his play (he wasn't doing anything), and I was extremely bored of all of the focus and discussion about him. As for Half the Sky, I want her to not be lynched so I have more time to read her. I feel that she is easy to read after some time, but with her being busy for the first portion of the game, that time wasn't provided.

I stood up to the wave of people trying to lynch LightningStrike. And you call that non-committal? If LightningStrike is lynched and flips mafia, I look really bad for that.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 29 2015 22:57 GMT
#2430
On March 30 2015 07:53 Half the Sky wrote:
EBWOP - quote fixed

Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 07:45 Trfel wrote:
You're right, I don't know what third party win conditions are, but I do know that they have to be eliminated.

I haven't yet had a chance to examine my scumreads.


Show nested quote +
On March 23 2015 05:44 GreYMisT wrote:
Town: Objective - Kill all mafia, and all third parties that can’t win with town


I see what you're saying, but we don't fully know that. My understanding of this is that some can and some can't, but if you want to take a chance on SL, then I understand, and obviously you haven't had the time to explore anything else.
Oh, that's a good point. I missed that.

If that's the case, I'm not so sure that lynching sicklucker is a good idea.

The question would be, how much was he trying to hide his third party alignment from town. And although he was frustrated at me calling him third party, he seemed accepting of Holyflare calling him third party. So there's a fair chance that sicklucker is a third party who doesn't harm town that much.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 29 2015 23:45 GMT
#2487
On March 30 2015 08:43 Holyflare wrote:
trfel leave?
The dining hall closes in 15 minutes. I'd better run.

I'll try to catch up when I can, but I'm currently playing in TL Mafia LXX, and that is a higher priority for me at this time. Sorry.

If anyone cares to send me a PM, I'm happy to respond.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 30 2015 18:21 GMT
#2736
Everyone wants to kill me
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 30 2015 18:25 GMT
#2740
I'm third party. Not mafia.

Please don't kill me?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 30 2015 18:34 GMT
#2751
On March 29 2015 06:25 Trfel wrote:
Probably Town

LightningStrike + Show Spoiler +
While I dont like his push on rsoultin, I feel that the way he did it makes him more likely to be town. I don't think that mafia!LightningStrike would show bias against a player before they start posting, and then continuously push that read. Also, LightningStrike does pay additional attention to rsoultin over everyone else, he showed this in Student Mafia V.

batsnacks + Show Spoiler +
I'm very comfortable with batsnacks as town. He's been pushing good things, and being helpful and sensible.

sicklucker + Show Spoiler +
See below.


Slightly Town

rsoultin + Show Spoiler +
The reasons that LightningStrike used to scumread rsoultin are rather poor. In general, rsoultin has seemed carefree enough to be a town lean.

ObiWanShinobi + Show Spoiler +
Liked his early push on LightningStrike

WaveofShadow + Show Spoiler +
Said a lot of the same things that I felt, seems to be scumhunting. I'm liking his play.


Slightly Mafia

Damdred + Show Spoiler +
His play hasn't been very memorable. He made a post townreading Holyflare for noticing and pushing all of the right things, but Holyflare later stated (and I agree) that he hadn't really done anything by that point.

ExO_ + Show Spoiler +
See below.


Mafia

Hapahauli + Show Spoiler +
See below.


Third Party

Holyflare + Show Spoiler +
See below.


On the Adventuring Party
+ Show Spoiler [Thoughts on the Adventuring Party] +
On March 23 2015 05:44 GreYMisT wrote:
In addition to the above, the members of the adventuring party will receive some bonus powers. These powers cannot be used on the same night as any powers that player might also have.

One thing that people seem to overlook is that the adventuring party is given additional abilities. Therefore, it is not beneficial to only elect someone who does actions that are favorable to town (a generally accepted lynch for the warrior, and letting the lynch go through for the rogue), but also electing people who are town and know how to use these abilities well. However, given the format of one vote per player, and the top three players are elected, I think it is almost impossible for mafia to be completely locked out of the adventuring party. They probably have enough people to take one of the three spots. Looking at the voting analysis could prove quite useful for this.

However, scumhunting is definitely the most important thing, and the adventuring party should only be the focused on later in the day (when it does matter to elect the right people).

ExO_

ExO_'s decision to run for the adventuring party was very delayed. Initially, he seemed to wonder about the game mechanics, and sit on the sidelines, but then he made a slight push for becoming the warrior. And then, he keeps posting campaign pictures, and then suddenly decides that he's willing to be second to someone else's campaign. The goal of his campaign seems to be constantly changing. It's not clear why he decided to run, and why he is so determined to get a spot on the adventuring party. This doesn't necessarily make ExO_ scum, but I am suspicious of him. I'm interested in seeing how he continues from here.

I also don't want to elect ExO_ to the adventuring party because I'm not sure if I trust him with whatever additional abilities the adventuring party is given. I do not want to see ExO_ elected today.

sicklucker

I'm very confident that sicklucker is town here. His play seems to be an obvious fakeclaim. He does like to fakeclaim as town, so I'm comfortable with townreading sicklucker here.

Holyflare

I'm guessing that Holyflare is a third party in this game. His play doesn't show indications of extra information, but it appears that he isn't playing with the full force that he does as town. I'm guessing he's a third party with a survival goal.

[red]Hapahauli

Hapahauli seems to be inactive for quite some time. As many others have pointed out, this suggests that Hapahauli is mafia here. My guess is that he will come back to the thread and make a falsified case against someone to save himself. When he does this, you know that he is mafia, and you can lynch him.

I have this feeling that justanothertownie, Holyflare, and rsoultin are going to be elected. And I'm pretty sure that Holyflare isn't town, so we shouldn't let this happen.
Look at how good my predictions are. I really think you should keep me around.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 30 2015 18:38 GMT
#2761
On March 31 2015 03:32 Holyflare wrote:
um yeh hapa is mafia

/discuss
I think that's fairly likely.

Regardless of my alignment, Hapahauli's case on me was low-effort and exaggerated. His goal was to survive, and not to actually lynch mafia. This makes me think that Hapahauli is quite likely to be mafia here.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King83
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo712
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h
INu's Battles
8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h
BSL Open Qualifier
15h
Replay Cast
19h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.