• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:00
CEST 06:00
KST 13:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9184 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-23 20:09:07
March 23 2015 20:06 GMT
#66
/in

If there's room.

Edit: I'm fine being a replacement if it's full.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 26 2015 00:00 GMT
#142
Can you clarify this: "You may NOT quote directly any PM you receive from a host or another player."

I just don't know exactly what "directly" means. Obviously I can't screenshot a PM, that seems pretty direct. But where's the line?

Can I say: "VE said ______"?
Can I say "VE said _____ at 10:58 yesterday"? What if 10:58 is a lie?
Can I say "VE told me yesterday ______"?

I'm getting bad memories of English class you must put it in your own words directions.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 26 2015 05:21 GMT
#156
On March 26 2015 09:34 GreYMisT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2015 09:00 Snarfs wrote:
Can you clarify this: "You may NOT quote directly any PM you receive from a host or another player."

I just don't know exactly what "directly" means. Obviously I can't screenshot a PM, that seems pretty direct. But where's the line?

Can I say: "VE said ______"?
Can I say "VE said _____ at 10:58 yesterday"? What if 10:58 is a lie?
Can I say "VE told me yesterday ______"?

I'm getting bad memories of English class you must put it in your own words directions.


Almost anything less than a screenshot/direct copy pasting is fine.

I would say a good rule is you may neither post or represent that you are posting a direct copy of another player's role PM. This is to prevent scenarios in which players prove something by matching up time stamps/reading the way in which someone wrote something.

This rule mainly applies to a host regarding certain PMs you recieve in game. In the case of those I would say the best course of action is to simply paraphrase the information.

To be more specific to your questions I am ok with all of them (depends on what fills in the blank, but they look ok) except for the second one. I would err away from that.


Great, thank you
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 27 2015 23:02 GMT
#185
Snarfs' Recommended General Strategy

First, two general tips:

1. Lots of players = lots of confusion. Spam posts should be kept to a minimum as it will be VERY difficult to wade through all the distractions to determine alignment.
2. Role speculation on day 1 is spam. There is no point in trying to guess setup at this point, or talking about how wonderful the flavour text is. It is a distraction from finding mafia/3p.

Now, onto day 1 strategy:

Adventuring Party
I believe our Adventuring Party should follow strict guidelines as to how they act. Everyone should either express their agreement or disagreement with these guidelines as soon as possible so that we can keep track of people's stances before they get voted in. Please let me know if you disagree, and why.

Warrior - Our warrior should be someone who agrees to nominate a lynch based on a plurality vote. He/she should agree that it is important to get lots of opinions on the candidate before deciding on who to vote and SHOULD NOT be someone who will just pick their gut target. We need information from the day 1 lynch more than we need to hit mafia/3p. We need to know why people are for/against a certain lynch. A cowboy warrior will not give us that information.

Rogue - Our rogue should be someone who agrees NOT to no lynch. There is one circumstance I see a no lynch being acceptable on day 1, and that is only if the warrior goes rogue and chooses a target of their preference without listening to town. The rogue should agree to this as the ONLY circumstance for no lynch. Not based on their own 'gut' feelings.


I was trying to think of a way we can focus votes so that we guarantee we don't get a last minute swap of rogue/cleric. I think the only way this is possible is if we can find two candidates who agree to both of the above criteria and try to split our votes evenly to boost those two players.

Normally, this is where I'd nominate myself, but I can guarantee I will NOT be online for the first deadline.


Discuss!
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 27 2015 23:03 GMT
#186
Keirathi, how would you select a candidate for lynch?
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 28 2015 01:09 GMT
#272
At what point in time must the warrior declare who he is going to lynch and how long does the rogue have to respond? I'm assuming we have until deadline to vote an adventure party... then what's the timeline?
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 29 2015 01:03 GMT
#970
i'm voting chez because I think as a warrior whoever he would pick to lynch would be well explained in thread. From his posting I feel like he'd pick someone intelligently and with input from town, he doesn't seem quick to pull the trigger which is exactly what I outlined in our ideal warrior.

I just finished reading the thread and was going back through filters. I'll try to be here for an hour or so then as mentioned before may not be back before deadline.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 29 2015 01:07 GMT
#973
On March 29 2015 10:04 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 10:02 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 29 2015 09:37 Koshi wrote:
Jow Hapa. Please come and tell us how Kitaman is confirmed scum.

On March 29 2015 00:12 kitaman27 wrote:
emo koshi did show up in the recent Jack of all trades mafia as town. Not sure if he is trying to mimic the attitude or not. Either way, I'm fine with lynching any drama queens.

Yup. I totally agree.

That's a very good find.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 29 2015 01:12 GMT
#982
I think Kita's opening and calling out hapa were both mafia-like plays as well.

The opener is sort of a half having fun vote me for mayor post / half serious discussion.

And calling out hapa for being afk seemed premature rather than just waiting to see if he showed up.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 29 2015 01:18 GMT
#996
On March 29 2015 10:16 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 10:12 Snarfs wrote:
I think Kita's opening and calling out hapa were both mafia-like plays as well.

The opener is sort of a half having fun vote me for mayor post / half serious discussion.

And calling out hapa for being afk seemed premature rather than just waiting to see if he showed up.

No. the point is that he evidently did show up without delivering anything of worth.

Okay let me double check that.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 29 2015 01:21 GMT
#1000
On March 29 2015 10:18 Snarfs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 10:16 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 10:12 Snarfs wrote:
I think Kita's opening and calling out hapa were both mafia-like plays as well.

The opener is sort of a half having fun vote me for mayor post / half serious discussion.

And calling out hapa for being afk seemed premature rather than just waiting to see if he showed up.

No. the point is that he evidently did show up without delivering anything of worth.

Okay let me double check that.

No, hapa was here for the first 20 minutes then went afk. That hardly counts as showing up given how trolly the first parts of these games can be. Then Kita called him out like 17 hours later or so.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 29 2015 01:27 GMT
#1006
On March 29 2015 10:23 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 10:12 Snarfs wrote:
And calling out hapa for being afk seemed premature rather than just waiting to see


Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 08:43 kitaman27 wrote:
This mafia games aren't exactly straight troll either though so I'm mostly wait and see with him.


Aren't I doing exactly what you're calling me out for with this post?

But that's not what you said originally... It sounded to me like you thought he was mafia 12 hours before that.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 29 2015 01:31 GMT
#1008
On March 29 2015 10:27 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 10:21 Snarfs wrote:
On March 29 2015 10:18 Snarfs wrote:
On March 29 2015 10:16 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 10:12 Snarfs wrote:
I think Kita's opening and calling out hapa were both mafia-like plays as well.

The opener is sort of a half having fun vote me for mayor post / half serious discussion.

And calling out hapa for being afk seemed premature rather than just waiting to see if he showed up.

No. the point is that he evidently did show up without delivering anything of worth.

Okay let me double check that.

No, hapa was here for the first 20 minutes then went afk. That hardly counts as showing up given how trolly the first parts of these games can be. Then Kita called him out like 17 hours later or so.

17 hours later during which one would expect town Hapa to make an impact. He returned a few times later and still did nothing at all.

Couldnt he just be busy?
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 29 2015 01:36 GMT
#1011
On March 29 2015 10:31 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 10:27 Snarfs wrote:
On March 29 2015 10:23 kitaman27 wrote:
On March 29 2015 10:12 Snarfs wrote:
And calling out hapa for being afk seemed premature rather than just waiting to see


On March 29 2015 08:43 kitaman27 wrote:
This mafia games aren't exactly straight troll either though so I'm mostly wait and see with him.


Aren't I doing exactly what you're calling me out for with this post?

But that's not what you said originally... It sounded to me like you thought he was mafia 12 hours before that.


Yeah I found it scummy at that point in comparison to how strong he starts other town games I've seen him and he hasn't exactly changed my mind yet.

i'm not convinced he's town either. I'm just also wondering why you would justify lynching a town player.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 29 2015 01:37 GMT
#1013
On March 29 2015 10:34 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 10:31 Snarfs wrote:
On March 29 2015 10:27 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 10:21 Snarfs wrote:
On March 29 2015 10:18 Snarfs wrote:
On March 29 2015 10:16 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 29 2015 10:12 Snarfs wrote:
I think Kita's opening and calling out hapa were both mafia-like plays as well.

The opener is sort of a half having fun vote me for mayor post / half serious discussion.

And calling out hapa for being afk seemed premature rather than just waiting to see if he showed up.

No. the point is that he evidently did show up without delivering anything of worth.

Okay let me double check that.

No, hapa was here for the first 20 minutes then went afk. That hardly counts as showing up given how trolly the first parts of these games can be. Then Kita called him out like 17 hours later or so.

17 hours later during which one would expect town Hapa to make an impact. He returned a few times later and still did nothing at all.

Couldnt he just be busy?

Sure but when he just appears to post something irrelevant and leaves again that doesn't really look like it. You have to keep in mind that Hapa is really good at pushing a thread forward/leading a town while he hates playing as scum.

Oh. Well if i knew he hated playing as scum then it becomes easier to accept this is the play of someone who just doesn't want to play.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 29 2015 01:38 GMT
#1014
On March 29 2015 10:36 Holyflare wrote:
hapa was playing voice mafia all night

/stirdatpot

What are you implying?
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 29 2015 01:49 GMT
#1028
On March 29 2015 10:25 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 10:03 Snarfs wrote:
i'm voting chez because I think as a warrior whoever he would pick to lynch would be well explained in thread. From his posting I feel like he'd pick someone intelligently and with input from town, he doesn't seem quick to pull the trigger which is exactly what I outlined in our ideal warrior.

I just finished reading the thread and was going back through filters. I'll try to be here for an hour or so then as mentioned before may not be back before deadline.


also this is the scummiest post in the game. Like who would trust a chezittwo

Why do you actually think he's scummy? I don't get the bank thing and don't realllllly care at this point. I trust him because he's pointing out things that seem to be helping town find scum rather than mislynches which seems opposite of what scum would be doing.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 29 2015 02:58 GMT
#1167
HF if I vote you can you not kill Koshi? I think he's town. This may be the last thing I do before deadline so I don't want it to go to waste.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 29 2015 03:01 GMT
#1179
I got HF, rsoultn, Koshi, kita(because of HF), wave, chez as town. Very similar to crossfire, not sold on keirathi but that seems like a good start.
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
March 29 2015 03:12 GMT
#1207
On March 29 2015 12:03 LightningStrike wrote:
Snarfs thoughts on me?

Honestly not sure.
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King83
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo712
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h
INu's Battles
8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h
BSL Open Qualifier
15h
Replay Cast
19h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.