• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:25
CEST 09:25
KST 16:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9147 users

Newbie Mini Mafia LXI - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24 25 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 16 2015 20:37 GMT
#439
On February 17 2015 05:34 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2015 05:30 Trfel wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:26 rsoultin wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:22 Trfel wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:18 Tere wrote:
Trfel, since I think you are probably town and having a paranoia moment, how can I reach out to you and help with this?

You could get killed on night 1 so I don't have to worry about it?

In all seriousness, I am (or at least I like to think I am) a better player than to let it have a significant affect on my play. And I am typically suspicious when the general crowd does something quickly (in this case, townreading you). So, don't worry about me, I can take care of myself.

Rsoultin, I don't really think it is necessary to say that you are more experienced than Hier. Someone can make amazing arguments in their first game ever, or horrible arguments in their hundredth game.

Also, while I don't have trouble figuring out where you stand from your posts, I suppose it is possible that someone might.


Read his case, Trfel. It was in response to his disclaimer xP The statement had nothing to do with who was or wasn't right. In fact, please read his entire case closely, since you haven't yet.

I have in fact read it. He's stated that you could just be an inexperienced player at least once before. While I find this notion humorous, I still don't think that you needed to emphasize that you are more experienced than he is. Whatever, I guess it shouldn't be a big deal, and I shouldn't fuss over it.


Okay, maybe I didn't lol.

I don't get where he's coming from as town...but as scum throwing that in there if he somehow does manage to mislynch me xP doubtful unless people just fall for the big shiny case strat...gives him something to go back to and say oops about.
You're a better player than to get mislynched. Don't be silly. If we actually get enough votes to lynch you, you are going to flip scum, or you gave up on the game.

So I guess we're down to Hier or zlefin? And I really don't like a zlefin lynch.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 16 2015 20:39 GMT
#440
I got maybe a half hour left tops. Any questions? Anyone want me to do something?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 16 2015 20:41 GMT
#443
On February 17 2015 05:40 Hier wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2015 05:31 rsoultin wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:24 Hier wrote:
Now that I've started reading Tere's filter I've noticed that she does not have a case on me at all. She has taken rsoultin's route of "Your post is bad, Hier." No suggestion of intention, or a probable goal I might have as scum. This seems like an easy bandwagon to jump onto, scoring a free townie lynch.


Hier...I'm trying really hard not to tunnel you. If you're saying that Tere is your other scumread and are only now reading her fiter...gah -_- you do realize how bad this looks, don't you? I mean, it doesn't escape you, right?

What were your initial reasons for your scumread on Tere?

She was reaching with her initial assessments. She needed something to establish convincing player analyses.

Saying jarjarbinks is likely a town player because of his spreadsheet? There was no spreadsheet. Similarly I could have said I made a spreadsheet, would I get points? Not to mention I corrected jarjarbinks's math in one of my posts.

Calling you a "Known town or towny" because of your explanation of WIFOM for zlefin?

Laughable.
Jarjarbinks and rsoultin are related. Taking that into account, I see absolutely no problem with a temporary read in that manner.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 16 2015 20:43 GMT
#445
On February 17 2015 05:41 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2015 05:37 Trfel wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:34 rsoultin wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:30 Trfel wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:26 rsoultin wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:22 Trfel wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:18 Tere wrote:
Trfel, since I think you are probably town and having a paranoia moment, how can I reach out to you and help with this?

You could get killed on night 1 so I don't have to worry about it?

In all seriousness, I am (or at least I like to think I am) a better player than to let it have a significant affect on my play. And I am typically suspicious when the general crowd does something quickly (in this case, townreading you). So, don't worry about me, I can take care of myself.

Rsoultin, I don't really think it is necessary to say that you are more experienced than Hier. Someone can make amazing arguments in their first game ever, or horrible arguments in their hundredth game.

Also, while I don't have trouble figuring out where you stand from your posts, I suppose it is possible that someone might.


Read his case, Trfel. It was in response to his disclaimer xP The statement had nothing to do with who was or wasn't right. In fact, please read his entire case closely, since you haven't yet.

I have in fact read it. He's stated that you could just be an inexperienced player at least once before. While I find this notion humorous, I still don't think that you needed to emphasize that you are more experienced than he is. Whatever, I guess it shouldn't be a big deal, and I shouldn't fuss over it.


Okay, maybe I didn't lol.

I don't get where he's coming from as town...but as scum throwing that in there if he somehow does manage to mislynch me xP doubtful unless people just fall for the big shiny case strat...gives him something to go back to and say oops about.
You're a better player than to get mislynched. Don't be silly. If we actually get enough votes to lynch you, you are going to flip scum, or you gave up on the game.

So I guess we're down to Hier or zlefin? And I really don't like a zlefin lynch.


Unless you still want Shining? I could see him being scum, but I don't want him over Hier at present lol

Nah, man, I've been mislynched twice. On the same day, ironically. It happens lol. But I was actually talking to intent. I expressly said how much I've played to Tere earlier, so it's not a secret -shrugs- Course, he could just not be reading.
I guess I don't want to lynch The Shining at the moment. While I still believe that the things I brought up look scummy, as I stated at the time, several other parts of his filter look like real scumhunting.

Were you actually mislynched twice on the same day??? I have some research to do. One of those was LYLO in Student Mafia V, right?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 16 2015 20:49 GMT
#451
On February 17 2015 05:44 zlefin wrote:
Yes trfel, I'd like to hear your opinion on jarjar.

Jarjarbinks has always been strange to me. He likes to focus on numbers and purely logical ways to play mafia (which I don't believe is possible, but that's a discussion for another time and place). Especially on Day 1, I'm not used to seeing very much subjective scumhunting from jarjarbinks. Therefore, just because of his progression on the Bridges method and the simulations he ran, I am hesitant to lynch him on Day 1. Other than that, he has shown at least the level of scumhunting that I expect, so I really don't want to lynch him today. In addition, rsoultin is convinced that jarjarbinks is town, so that helps even more.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 16 2015 20:51 GMT
#453
On February 17 2015 05:48 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2015 05:43 Trfel wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:41 rsoultin wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:37 Trfel wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:34 rsoultin wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:30 Trfel wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:26 rsoultin wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:22 Trfel wrote:
On February 17 2015 05:18 Tere wrote:
Trfel, since I think you are probably town and having a paranoia moment, how can I reach out to you and help with this?

You could get killed on night 1 so I don't have to worry about it?

In all seriousness, I am (or at least I like to think I am) a better player than to let it have a significant affect on my play. And I am typically suspicious when the general crowd does something quickly (in this case, townreading you). So, don't worry about me, I can take care of myself.

Rsoultin, I don't really think it is necessary to say that you are more experienced than Hier. Someone can make amazing arguments in their first game ever, or horrible arguments in their hundredth game.

Also, while I don't have trouble figuring out where you stand from your posts, I suppose it is possible that someone might.


Read his case, Trfel. It was in response to his disclaimer xP The statement had nothing to do with who was or wasn't right. In fact, please read his entire case closely, since you haven't yet.

I have in fact read it. He's stated that you could just be an inexperienced player at least once before. While I find this notion humorous, I still don't think that you needed to emphasize that you are more experienced than he is. Whatever, I guess it shouldn't be a big deal, and I shouldn't fuss over it.


Okay, maybe I didn't lol.

I don't get where he's coming from as town...but as scum throwing that in there if he somehow does manage to mislynch me xP doubtful unless people just fall for the big shiny case strat...gives him something to go back to and say oops about.
You're a better player than to get mislynched. Don't be silly. If we actually get enough votes to lynch you, you are going to flip scum, or you gave up on the game.

So I guess we're down to Hier or zlefin? And I really don't like a zlefin lynch.


Unless you still want Shining? I could see him being scum, but I don't want him over Hier at present lol

Nah, man, I've been mislynched twice. On the same day, ironically. It happens lol. But I was actually talking to intent. I expressly said how much I've played to Tere earlier, so it's not a secret -shrugs- Course, he could just not be reading.
I guess I don't want to lynch The Shining at the moment. While I still believe that the things I brought up look scummy, as I stated at the time, several other parts of his filter look like real scumhunting.

Were you actually mislynched twice on the same day??? I have some research to do. One of those was LYLO in Student Mafia V, right?


Yup lol. It was most likely because I wasn't here to defend myself, but I was also hard-tunneled on Damdred who was town and there was a lot of OMGUS going on lol

The other was on the other site Shining and I play on. There's a player called Mages...he and I are like each other's nemesis xP If we're different alignments it turns into an all-out brawl lol. But yeah, mislynched twice on the same day. It was not a good mafia day for me.
On the contrary, that seems to be a rather good day for the mafia.

Out of curiosity, how much time do you spend playing mafia per day, across all sites?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 16 2015 20:54 GMT
#456
Yeah, at this point I guess I'm pretty convinced that a Hier lynch is the best that we are going to get. Not ideal, but it will have to do.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 16 2015 21:00 GMT
#466
On February 17 2015 05:57 rsoultin wrote:
What would be ideal, Trfel?

I know you like to be pretty sure of your scumreads, but in the absence of surety...

Also, not ignoring you, Hier. I disagree that her reads lack substance, but I've also been doing tonereads, so :/ Like, I think if someone seems easy and casual, that's usually a town tell, too.
It would be ideal if he admitted that he was scum so we could lynch him in peace. Sort of like Eden in Linux Mafia.

To be honest, that's the only lynch I haven't been apprehensive about, because he freaking claimed scum. It really is a problem of mine, I never see when a case is solid. Trying to work on it.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 16 2015 21:04 GMT
#470
Hier, if you want to avoid getting lynched today, you are going to need to find someone who looks scummier than you. At this point, I think that is your only way out.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 16 2015 21:08 GMT
#473
On February 17 2015 06:06 Hier wrote:
There is no avoiding me getting lynched, that has been established a long time ago. I am making last efforts for town to win once I'm gone.
Then he makes posts like these that make me not want to lynch him.... I'm so bad at this game XD
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 16 2015 21:14 GMT
#476
What do people think of maybe lynching ElyAs? Looking at his filter, he seems to have been doing very little since his few initial posts and having several people read him as leaning town. He seems very satisfied to watch a Hier lynch happen, while stating that he is with me in having doubts for the lynch.

I need to leave in about 6 minutes. I was late for lunch because I was playing mafia, not going to let that happen again.
+ Show Spoiler +
I still think that a Hier lynch is significantly better, but it would be nice if someone wanted to take a closer look. Thanks in advance?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 16 2015 21:23 GMT
#481
I wish I could take a closer look, but on memory alone, I would greatly prefer an ElyAs lynch to a zlefin lynch. I might try to make a case on ElyAs with something like 10 minutes to the deadline, but probably not. Oh well.

If someone wants to look into alternate wagons, though, I suggest ElyAs.

Hier, if you are in fact town, I apologize. Mislynches happen.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 16 2015 21:24 GMT
#483
On February 17 2015 06:22 ElyAs wrote:
Came back a little earlier, I'll be there until EOD. I kinda agree with you that Hier is a lynch by default, either we find a better lynch or we make the most of it if he flips town. I'm gonna try to do the former by analyzing the posts since my last post.

Plus, I didn't see anybody actively defending Hier, this is generally a sign of a mislynch if I'm not mistaken

Trfel, saw your post as I was writing mine, I'm not satisfied with this lynch to be honest.
I hope you're still around, do you want to ask me something ?
Hm, that's ironic timing.

If you prepare a nice list of reads and show your attentiveness and thinking about recent events, my (small) desire to lynch you will be removed.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 17 2015 00:58 GMT
#578
Yup, kind of saw that one coming. Was really hoping for the other outcome, but oh well. I guess I've taken the role of naysayer to the Day 1 lynch, and I'm usually right (though it's not hard to be right in guessing that the Day 1 lynch is wrong, haha).

Apologies to Hier. We tried our best.

Anyway, I'm terribly sorry that I couldn't make it back for EOD as I had hoped, though it looks like it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 17 2015 01:12 GMT
#580
One thing I'm thinking right now is that players who weren't really liking the Hier lynch are perhaps more likely to be scum. Knowing that Hier is in fact town, they could have been distancing themselves from the lynch by already knowing its result. A player who initially showed support for the lynch but later retracted this support would probably be the most suspicious.

I know that this category includes me, and that's fine. Obviously it isn't foolproof, but I will keep it in mind when I look through what happened.

I'm also going to be looking for people whose activity/scumhunting waned after we seemed set on a Hier lynch, since those people are more likely to be mafia.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 17 2015 01:18 GMT
#581
Is anyone here to discuss things with? I know it's spammy, but the past several games I've found that it helps me to bounce ideas off of someone, in addition to providing encouragement for me to actually put effort.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 17 2015 01:41 GMT
#582
On February 17 2015 10:18 Trfel wrote:
Is anyone here to discuss things with? I know it's spammy, but the past several games I've found that it helps me to bounce ideas off of someone, in addition to providing encouragement for me to actually put effort.

Lonely Trfel.....

oh well, I'll do my best to motivate myself and share thoughts anyway. If someone wants to talk, just let me know.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 17 2015 01:43 GMT
#583
On February 17 2015 10:00 Tere wrote:
My sensei has taught me the ways of the database:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/390080-tl-mafia-database

ctrl-F for the person whose filters you want to find.

Having read Hier's other two VT games, I don't know if it would have helped any though. One was very short, the other filter read a lot more agreeable to me.

(n.b. Hier, you could try proposing the Bridges idea as a playtest in the forum thread if you really want to try it out, perhaps? TL Mafia plays, like the Diplomacy thread?)

Anyway, I am hoping some of you awesome people with evenings left will post thoughts in the thread. Back in a few hours
Oh, and just to be absolutely safe here....

You aren't supposed to mention coaching at all in this thread. You could potentially be modkilled for it.

Sorry for the quadruple post (bad Trfel), my thoughts are a bit disjointed.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 17 2015 01:53 GMT
#585
Yay, Trfel isn't alone any more :D

Multitasking is fine, it's not like there is much activity here.

What do you think about what I just posted about two things to look for for scum behavior over the past day (not scumhunting after the Hier lynch seemed set, and showing discontent with the Hier lynch)? Am I right in thinking those things, or not?

Also, what do you think of my alignment at the moment?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 17 2015 02:02 GMT
#588
On February 17 2015 06:24 Tere wrote:
xpost above, natch.
What does this mean? Cross-post above, naturally? If so, can someone please explain this to the weak-minded Trfel?

On February 17 2015 10:55 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2015 10:53 Trfel wrote:
Yay, Trfel isn't alone any more :D

Multitasking is fine, it's not like there is much activity here.

What do you think about what I just posted about two things to look for for scum behavior over the past day (not scumhunting after the Hier lynch seemed set, and showing discontent with the Hier lynch)? Am I right in thinking those things, or not?

Also, what do you think of my alignment at the moment?


Think those are very good metrics and I doubt you bring them up when they paint you scum xP You may be that crafty, but I don't think so. You're right that I've always seen you waffle on votes at EoD lol.

Rsoultin, I'm almost thinking that you are insulting me here
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 524
GuemChi 446
Leta 359
sSak 37
Bale 33
sorry 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 11
910 8
Dota 2
febbydoto19
League of Legends
JimRising 548
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss433
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King131
Other Games
summit1g8386
ceh9456
Happy447
olofmeister412
Trikslyr21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick498
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast38
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2236
League of Legends
• Stunt403
Other Games
• Shiphtur473
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 35m
Patches Events
8h 35m
The PondCast
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.