• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:43
CEST 02:43
KST 09:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8837 users

[M][N]Hammertime Mafia - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14 15 Next All
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 19:10 GMT
#495
EBWOP - First paragraph

"......but after that, a lot of one-liners."
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 19:11 GMT
#498
On January 27 2015 03:47 Palmar wrote:
[image loading]


Palmar, again, amusing, but if you want to criticise or even poke fun at how I'm playing the game, why don't you just say so exactly what you think I'm doing wrong?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 19:13 GMT
#500
On January 27 2015 04:11 Toadesstern wrote:
Is he usually the kind of guy that locks on his target and just goes at it?


Yes.

Liancourt's town play in Carol (he was the veteran in that game) was a PERFECT example of this. He was criticised for not being convincing, he pissed away 4 cycles yelling at people his reads, particularly to lynch Holyflare but people ignored him. He was right but failed to be convincing.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 19:21 GMT
#503
In the Void game which we both recently played (disclaimer: that game is still in progress, but both of us have been eliminated from it...so my discussion on that is somewhat limited intentionally) Lian said the same thing about playing a certain meta and was lynched D1 for doing jack all, effectively policy lynched so I believe that's why he "switched metas" again this go.

But what has been consistent across all metas I've seen is the lockdown on a singular target. And his confidence about it.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 19:25 GMT
#506
Can someone clarify the term confirmation bias in this game? Or is that the same thing as tunnelling?

I see it used often, but I don't know what it means with respect to this game.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 19:26 GMT
#507
Never mind, I just looked the normal definition up....I think I can figure out what it means now in this game.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 19:36 GMT
#509
All people wanting to lynch Liancourt, I urge you to please wait 3-5h until he wakes up before pushing his lynch. He is unable to defend himself because he's asleep.

Perspective please.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 19:39 GMT
#510
Liancourt, when you wake up, can you explain your reads a little more in depth for those of us who are not familiar with your play?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 19:40 GMT
#512
Eden, you have a very valid argument, and to be fair I scumread him for how he played last game because of this. I want to give him a chance to explain himself prior to punishing him for it.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 19:53 GMT
#516
Robik....I see what you did there.

I am also aware there are two scum. GB is and has been out of thread, and if he returns when I'm in thread, I will continue pushing him.

Eden, I know what you are trying to say, I'm not discouraging the questions, but am wary of anyone collapsing on him. The lead should be explored. If he wakes up and ignores them again, then I think voting him will be justified.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 19:55 GMT
#517
Grocery run for approx 1h, likely less. I will return.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 20:58 GMT
#520
Robik, I see from your filter you have townreads on Eden and Palmar, scumreading GB as well.

What are your thoughts on everyone else in the thread?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 21:32 GMT
#522
On January 27 2015 06:04 IAmRobik wrote:
I don't have any, but I will put everyone who votes GB on my "do not lynch list" for d2


I believe you are experienced enough to realise that scum can take advantage of a townie wagon to vote another townie out (or bus too, but unlikely in this setup).

What if, in the unlikely but still possible event, that GB is town?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 22:25 GMT
#532
On January 27 2015 07:14 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2015 03:49 Half the Sky wrote:
Last edit: 2015-01-26 19:51:03

Friendly reminder that editing is banned.


Completely my fault with the quote box edits. It won't happen again.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 22:32 GMT
#539
On January 27 2015 07:15 Toadesstern wrote:
can someone restate the things that make GB mafia that don't boil down to "he's bad"?
I don't care about him being wrong with what he does. I want to see why doing what's wrong is more beneficial for him as mafia than as a townie.

Because I still only see him as the easy mislynch to be honest.


My original case is on page 14.
My followup was on page 19.

In both posts, my issue with GB is that:

1 He is intentionally taking things out of context. The fact that he did this in two posts solidifies my feelings about him.
On page 19, he is making a serious stretch on Onegu's posts. I further illustrate the point about him thinking I am scumreading him on meta when the opposite is true.

2 On page 14, my issue with him was that he did not interact with me despite seeing something that he found scummy about me. As town he should directly try to interact with me (or any potential scumread) and resolve an issue prior to waiting and finding an excuse to scumread me.

The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 22:33 GMT
#541
On January 27 2015 07:18 Eden1892 wrote:
I can't, I was just sheeping.

Pop quiz time.
Who can name something of relevance that Onegu has done this game?

The answer key is below, please don't peek until y
[spoiler]


At this point in time, he needs to pick it up. I remember the list post but that's about it.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 22:35 GMT
#542
FFS Palmar where is this substantial post you have promised us earlier today?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 22:38 GMT
#546
On January 27 2015 07:36 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2015 07:35 Half the Sky wrote:
FFS Palmar where is this substantial post you have promised us earlier today?

Where did I promise a substantial post?


Not those words per se, but something of interest to driving discussion in the game.

On January 27 2015 04:10 Palmar wrote:
Announcement: I am considering releasing the first read I have this game tonight. Stay tuned!


Unless it was that damned troll vote on Toad.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 22:41 GMT
#552
On January 27 2015 07:32 Half the Sky wrote:
2 On page 14, my issue with him was that he did not interact with me despite seeing something that he found scummy about me. As town he should directly try to interact with me (or any potential scumread) and resolve an issue prior to waiting and finding an excuse to scumread me.


Also Toad, I realised I forgot one key sentence in here - both GB and I were in the thread AT THE SAME TIME and even responding to each other at that. That's what makes the lack of interaction a scumlike behaviour.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 26 2015 22:43 GMT
#555
On January 27 2015 07:38 IAmRobik wrote:
THIS POST IS FOR PALMAR'S EYES ONLY:

+ Show Spoiler +
Do you think it's scummier or townier for people to get frustrated with you? (HTS/Toad)


I realise that Palmar is trying to be amusing, and I appreciate him having a laugh about things, but we're on page 28 of this thread now...
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft448
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft448
WinterStarcraft57
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 169
White-Ra 161
Noble 90
Hyuk 59
NaDa 56
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm134
League of Legends
Doublelift3954
Counter-Strike
taco 145
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox543
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4101
Khaldor580
Other Games
summit1g7941
FrodaN1623
Coldzera 812
JimRising 469
C9.Mang0318
KnowMe165
ViBE66
Mew2King60
ArmadaUGS51
CosmosSc2 11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick786
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH329
• Hupsaiya 143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21743
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 17m
Online Event
10h 17m
FEL
15h 17m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 17m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.