• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:21
CEST 12:21
KST 19:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8903 users

Devil's Riddle Mafia - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 01:29 GMT
#1363
Playing D&D no clue.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 06:26 GMT
#1385
I was going to let this play out a bit longer but I really don't think there's a point to honestly. Let's clear the air while we still can.

@Prome would you like to claim 3P defender now? I'm actually pretty sure that you're 3P and not vet because of how you approached CR and VE. I thought about trying to let it play out differently and potentially let you take another hit or sacrifice yourself, but I'm pretty sure it's better for town to force you to claim.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 06:26 GMT
#1386
Also, if you are 3P, you might as well be honest. You won't be lynched.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 06:50 GMT
#1387
A few specific reads:
On September 26 2014 18:06 abuse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2014 12:56 geript wrote:
On September 26 2014 12:23 VayneAuthority wrote:
abuse is confirmed town if CR isnt mafia*

Correct. I'd take his opinions with a grain of salt still considering his experience.


what the fuck is this, I don't even.
Because inexperienced people cannot think strategically and are blind to everything going on in the game?
Or should I take this as your godly permission to lurk from now on?

Pretty obvious what we should do in case CR flips blue.
As previously stated - Lynch/check one person per pair until we hit jackpot. considering the fact that scum will also be shooting people at the next night, we should have our answer in a day or so and you don't need much of a brain to figure this out.


I don't think Abuse has any potential shot of being mafia and making this post. Being a newer player and being mafia on a team of CR/VE/Abuse, I don't think anyone could have guided him to make this post. This is the exact 100% down to a tee type of post that newer players who are town and run up against "vet superiority complexes" make. Prome might disagree, but I doubt it. I don't think that this sort of frustration with the air of arrogance that can be at TL can be faked well or even be thought of in order to fake by new scum. If he did, my hat is off to you sir. + Show Spoiler [A longer explanation] +
A new player who rolls scum would normally be exceptionally happy to get a freebie potential permanent town read. Second, knowing that CR is mafia, he would know that CR isn't going to martyr that night so the permanent townread isn't ever going to happen. Between those two points, it's a huge leap for a new player who's mafia to realize that if he were town he would be exceptionally mad because CR being 3P automatically makes him town. And a player 'shitting' on a player who sees himself as confirmed town (even though he's not technically confirmed) would get pissed that his opinion isn't be valued, listened to, etc.

Additionally, Hapa had a town opinion of Abuse. I'm guessing Abuse may have written something in his filter that gave Hapa that feel. I personally wouldn't ever lynch Abuse right now after rereading. Again, please treat Abuse as if he's been green checked and is 98% confirmed town. Also, please reasonably evaluate his reads and look at his observations but take them with the perspective that they come from a less experienced player.

[b]@Abuse[b] On a personal level: Also, fwiw, when I started I was fucking terrible. Lots of people would actually say I still am fucking terrible. But in my first non-newbie game, I made some very good observations that people listened to when I read and pointed them out. I made some other observations that people actually read them critically, thought about them and followed up on them then they would've caught a mafia. I don't think you're a good player. Prove me wrong. Reread. Clearly explain why you think what you think. We have 1 mafia left. Help me find them. Prove my ass wrong. I promise whole-heartedly read every word and reason you have and think about it. PS. I'm going to reread your filter again when I get up in the morning.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 08:09 GMT
#1388
On September 27 2014 08:12 Chairman Ray wrote:
We were like so close to killing you too geript. I really wanted to kill you, but my scum partner was too stubborn about killing prom. If it were up to me, we would be in a decent spot.

Anyways, gg, was fun having a fakeclaim game


FWIW CR, while I think the hit on Prome is pretty obvious and you guys got really unlucky with him being either Vet or 3P defender (like 99% the latter), this is not a post you should have made. It gives too many hints as to who your partner could be.

I think post is potentially honest. Considering that the hit was 100% on Prome, there are very few players in my opinion who would force a strongly beneficial kill in a no-medic setup. I think it's worth considering that I was being discussed as an NK, but don't put too terribly much weight in it. It's better to just ask, "Who is the most likely to make a Prome kill here?"

On DP: He's really experienced. He also doesn't think much of my play. There's no way in hell he'd let anyone NK me on N1 unless I'm a claimed power role. There's some suspicious aspects of his play (trying to move the VE lynch). I had a townread on him D1 but I don't think what he did was exceptionally obviously town. It's a metaread for being town and that's not enough for D2. Some of his early townreads make me pretty suspicious of him specifically regarding Oats and Kush iirc. I also think that for as rarely as he seems to play, if he were town in this game he'd actually try to flaunt how much better he is than everyone else. He's who I'm going to track tonight.

On Yam: I don't think he's obviously town. He's been pretty passive. I think in a stacked game like this that he would actually try harder as town. He was on the right track to some extent D1, but in my experience in his mafia games he tends to not stick his neck out too far because of his town reputation.

On Oats: Oats is a vet and his reads are pretty decent when he tries. I haven't been impressed with any of his reads in thread. He's also experienced enough to make sure that Prome is the target. He kinda exploded towniness last night, but I know that he actually can do that as mafia too.

On Vayne: I don't think he's cared about actually being right this game. His early desire to kill CR is more suspect with CR being mafia now considering his reasoning especially seeing as how he's changed his views later on. Also, from what I recall he doesn't really enjoy playing mafia. So after CR claims 3P, I can 100% see him claiming a town role in QT as a "fuck this game, I'll just put as little effort into playing as possible." Having played with him and talking some in a QT in GMarsh's last game, I actually have a decent respect for his reads. He can be exceptionally good as town and often has some solid reasons as for why. While I liked his spike of activity early on, it scared me considering what I understand of him. As well, I haven't seen the good reads from him that I've seen previously.

On Grack: He's played a decent amount imo. I think he's experienced enough to realize that Prome is the right call. Plus, I was townreading him so that's a reason to keep me around over Prome too. I don't have anything more specific

For people who I'm less sure that they would want to kill Prome:
On Damdred: I was pretty heavily against Damdred D1. He'd have a good reason to kill me since I'm likely to keep him in the spotlight for a while. I'm not sure how experienced he is and if he'd look to kill Prome over constant pressure. He could be scum but I don't think that the Prome NK heavily implicates him.

On MysteryMeat1: I don't know enough about him and haven't played with him enough to really know what he would do. I was townreading him so I doubt he would want to NK. AFAIK he's friends with VE and knows VE well enough to know that Yam, Prome and DP are all strong town players when they want to be.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 08:20 GMT
#1391
Since you're around, do you agree that Prome is likely 3P?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 08:24 GMT
#1393
I think it does matter but not that much. What's your opinion on my read on Abuse?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 08:32 GMT
#1398
On September 27 2014 17:27 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2014 15:26 geript wrote:
I was going to let this play out a bit longer but I really don't think there's a point to honestly. Let's clear the air while we still can.

@Prome would you like to claim 3P defender now? I'm actually pretty sure that you're 3P and not vet because of how you approached CR and VE. I thought about trying to let it play out differently and potentially let you take another hit or sacrifice yourself, but I'm pretty sure it's better for town to force you to claim.


You ain't too bright there, eh bud? If I was 3p and shot by mafia last night I'd be dead.

Hmmm I was reading the "body block aspect" wrong then. I just want to be clear just in case because the sample role pms aren't exactly the best. Claiming vet?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 08:34 GMT
#1402
On September 27 2014 17:30 Promethelax wrote:
People who would shoot me in this game:

Oats
Yamato
DP
Kush

People I have histories with who I have expressed town reads of, no one else makes sense because I really haven't been playing terribly well or done anything very interesting.

I think it's worth considering the kills in regards of Hapa dying. VE being the vengful mafia makes the game pretty drastically different.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 08:36 GMT
#1405
That's a consideration too.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 08:43 GMT
#1413
I'm kinda tired of reading stuff and I'm watching the LoL championships. Anything you specifically want to me to look at when I get up tomorrow Prome/DP?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 08:44 GMT
#1414
@Prome do you agree that I should track DP tonight?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 08:50 GMT
#1423
To be fair DP, I saw that CR said both his partners were mad that he claimed 3p. I don't think it terribly changes things in any regard.

@Prome could you check my read on Abuse. Do you agree with it and the reasoning behind it?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 08:50 GMT
#1424
On September 27 2014 17:49 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2014 17:43 geript wrote:
I'm kinda tired of reading stuff and I'm watching the LoL championships. Anything you specifically want to me to look at when I get up tomorrow Prome/DP?


Dat fanatic OMG game. OMG.... get it.

Yah Fanatic had that game a numerous points. They just failed.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 08:55 GMT
#1428
Can you explain the Oats read Prome?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 09:03 GMT
#1435
So where do I fall in order in the line of "newbies that looked up to you?"
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 09:05 GMT
#1438
I have a question DP. Did Vayne claim before or after CR did?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 09:17 GMT
#1444
Right now I'm leaning on of Vayne, DP, Yam, Oats Kush. I think Vayne would claim PGO (or it's equivalent) as any alignment--as town he hates dying, as 3P he wants to survive and as mafia he'd do it because it would be expected as town. He responded odd to CR's claim in general. Etc.
You covered Oats reasonably, but early on I had a small scumread on him. Plus his end of day looks significantly worse post flips. Plus he's a player who 100% would be pissed if his partner pulled shit like CR did.
I think I explained DP/Yam already. Mostly lack of being super town, being right with no clear thought process, being wrong. Stuff.
Kush just because I can't read him. You and DP did have townreads on him though.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 09:20 GMT
#1446
I really don't know about Damdred. I kinda feel like he's town, but I really can't read him. Like if I check him and there's no action then I'll feel like and idiot.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 27 2014 09:22 GMT
#1448
On September 27 2014 18:20 Oatsmaster wrote:
Activity arguments not relevant, I've been playing like this for a while.
Promes argument falls apart when he is saying that I would avoid him as scum. Is making a case on him avoiding him? I don't think so.
Also, as scum I'm super happy with town reads, why the funk would I argue against it? That's just bad scum play.

Geript, why is prome necessarily defender rather than the other 2?

I thought defender could only die if he's lynched or martyrs.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 9233
StarCastTV_EN249
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 9842
Bisu 2753
Jaedong 2215
EffOrt 1003
Horang2 363
ZerO 279
Larva 268
Zeus 249
Pusan 202
Mind 136
[ Show more ]
Hyun 117
actioN 95
Barracks 71
ggaemo 68
Killer 48
scan(afreeca) 45
Bale 41
NotJumperer 37
Yoon 36
Sharp 32
Sacsri 24
Hm[arnc] 22
ToSsGirL 20
Shinee 18
Noble 9
Terrorterran 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto90
League of Legends
JimRising 398
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1590
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
ceh9645
crisheroes198
Pyrionflax176
Sick164
dupreeh98
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 133
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 10
• killerbeecast9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2302
• WagamamaTV117
League of Legends
• Jankos1195
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
39m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 39m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.