• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:57
CEST 20:57
KST 03:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11791 users

[S] Shadowed Mini Mafia: The Reboot - Page 13

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 All
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 03:47 GMT
#1982
On February 18 2014 12:42 jaybrundage wrote:
there is some amazing stuff in here

PromethelaxPerson was signed in when posted
02-14-2014
03:07 AM ET (US)
I am your personal cheerleader.

Suki suki she's our (wo)man
If she can't do it no one can
Woooo
Wooo
[i did not sport well in school, I have no idea what cheerleaders actually say]


Hehe I love that he posted what I was saying in the obs thread to suki during that time
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 03:54 GMT
#1984
Well Jay actually thought he was blue last game too, so there's that.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 04:01 GMT
#1987
My biggest problem with your push on jay from what I remember was that you were pushing only based on the first few hours of the game. You disregarded my whole interaction with him where we fleshed out why we were misunderstanding each other and he started to rescind his scum read of me and Koshi.

On top of that you never really tried to see what it would be like from his perspective. Koshi and I both jumped on him over VERY little to garner a reaction, and koshi antagonized him A LOT. There was some serious emotional reactions within that time.

Beyond that, I thought your push on him was good. It sure pressured him a lot. You clearly thought he was scum. It was good. Dunno why people gave you so much shit for it haha.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 04:05 GMT
#1990
And to be honest: Jay was being unrealistic and somewhat scummy in regards to your push on him. He didn't really try to do anything that would dispel your scumread of him. For example, when you called him out for saying koshi was scum and then completely dropping it. He should have given reasoning there but he didn't. The OMGUS for "misrepresenting" what he was saying even though it wasnt really misrepresenting was really bad too.

Jay wasn't helping his case.

Honestly if I didn't have such a strong scumread on jonny I felt like hopping on at some points. The meta case was convincing etc and he was making me mad but jonny was pretty obv scum to me and there were even more scummy people above him like alakaslam.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 04:06 GMT
#1991
On February 18 2014 13:05 suki wrote:
Yeah see I don't care about people's defenses. I think scum can easily WIFOM their way out of bad situations.

I was looking at jay's contributions to the thread and his attitude more than anything else.


This is really untrue for you actually and really only true for this situation.

Look at NMM1 and the last iteration of this. You DID care about people's defenses. Hell you jumped around like a crazy person.

The difference here is jay never really DEFENDED himself against you, and never really provided a good scum read of his own for you to reason with.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 04:10 GMT
#1995
Yep that was my point ^_^
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-18 04:11:53
February 18 2014 04:11 GMT
#1996
but not everything revolves around your cases... how would you feel if you just got pressured like crazy 1 hr into game by 3/4 townies and 1 scum and then when you finally start to come into your own you start getting pressured by another townie.... that shit is draining

i'd see you pressuring me and be like NAHHHHHHHHH
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 04:13 GMT
#1999
oh when you posted your d3 case on jay's claim I was like OHHH SHIT SUKI JUST FUCKING CRUSHED THIS NERD
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 04:16 GMT
#2002
On February 18 2014 13:12 suki wrote:
Would you be like NAHHHHHH I'm going to OMGUS that person and not provide any more reads and pretty much look like I don't care about the game?

that's the attitude I felt.


I mean... that was his attitude ^_^ so yeah its totally possible townies would do that.

It might not be optimal but sometimes you can't put your heart into the game. Just look at your d3 here, we could all tell at some points you felt demotivated, it just happens, you were able to get right back into it but not everybody can right away.

The optimal thing would obviously be for him to refute your points and provide his real scumread. But if the game could be broken down that way it wouldn't be fun. Mafia is fluid, emotions and opinions of people change things ALL the time.

Anyways.. I would for sure like to hear what jay has to say about what he was up to during day 1.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 04:18 GMT
#2005
On February 18 2014 13:17 suki wrote:
Furthermore, his reason for not posting for the rest of day one 'Because I was scared of drawing attention to myself and being mislynched' ...

I mean that explains it right? His attitude was one of survival and defense rather than scum hunting, which was pretty much the whole reason I was on his case to begin with.

His survival attitude ended up not being because he was scum but it's something that I do find very scummy.


I think thats scummy too BUT I think its totally consistent with what a townie would do if he was in jay's position.

Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 04:20 GMT
#2008
hey I thought he was scummy too... just less than jonny!
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-18 04:23:12
February 18 2014 04:22 GMT
#2009
Here's the exchange that was actually really eye opening to jay's thought process that I think you (suki) really disregarded.

+ Show Spoiler +


On February 07 2014 12:36 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2014 12:31 jaybrundage wrote:
On February 07 2014 12:22 Balla24 wrote:
On February 07 2014 12:16 jaybrundage wrote:
On February 07 2014 12:01 Balla24 wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:54 jaybrundage wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:51 Balla24 wrote:
Are you guys seriously pushing jay right now?

There's really nothing new. Everybody knows he's made some scummy decisions. He's been pressured to no end, no reason to keep pushing him now because we know almost everything about him. Let him play the game, watch him to see if he redeems himself, but there's no reason to keep pushing him unless there is NEW information.

Let him play unpressed, see what happens.

Balla talk to me why do you think my push on Koshi is scummy. I think while it isn't the most amazing case. It is after all an early day 1 case. And I think alot of things I said are completely true.


If you are referring to the big "case", I never said that was scummy. I said that it was ok, but I don't really like the fact that it's built off of koshi not being happy. It's new information, which is good, but the information isn't that great, you know? I don't think that case is scummy at all.

What I think was possibly scummy was your initial reaction to koshi's "fake vote". I explained multiple times so I don't really want to type it all out again, but it was based on the fact that your initial reaction was more scum like than town like in the fact that you weren't really trying to figure out what koshi was doing, and were just attacking him. You weren't curious, as I expect a townie who is having a WTF moment would be having.

After your initial reaction, you calmed down and started displaying more townie traits, but still, the initial reaction is what my read on you is based off of. Everything after that is "meh" to me. Does that not make sense?

Hmm So rereading it. I responded to your vote. Cause it was like a foolishness cameo. I had voted you semi-jokingly before. So I didn't take it seriously. I didn't respond to Koshi's vote because it just seemed like a throwaway/joke vote. Then I posted my thing about him not being excited enough in his first post.

Then you posted your thing about me not commentating on them. But I actually had commentated on one of them. Which was yours. But I didn't feel a reason to comment on them indepth because they didn't seem like real votes in the first place from what I thought.

Does that make sense?


First off you didn't reply to everything I said in there haha, does that make sense what I said? Like I don't want you to misunderstand where I think you are scummy and where you're not.

Ah but that wasn't me who said you didn't comment on them, that was Koshi. Interesting.

So actually, I think your initial reaction to my vote was super town. I wasn't expecting it to go any further than that after that response until you blew up at Koshi which set off red flags everywhere for me. Turns out, Koshi here is the catalyst for everything. And his antagonizing behavior led to all this.

Koshi: i know you're asleep but I want you to answer this so i'm asking it again, what was it that "felt off" about the post we voted jaybrundage for?

What didn't I reply on?

Yea misread again it was Koshi. I never really responded to Koshi's vote vote tho. Can you quote the post your talking about? Also I am sorry my clone I think i misread you D:


The post you were quoting where I replied to you. It was about how you had the impression that I was calling your push on Koshi scummy. I just want to know if we're clear now and on the same page.

I don't know what you're talking about in regards to responding to koshi's vote vote though haha. I don't care that you didn't reply to his vote post where he called you awkward or whatever. There was no reason to.







Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 04:25 GMT
#2015
On February 18 2014 13:23 jaybrundage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2014 13:14 suki wrote:
I know right? I was so happy. And then Jay had to ruin it by actually being town hehehe.


You and jonny. This guy wasn't scum. BUT HE SHOULD OF BEEN QQ


LMAO. In all fairness I think Jonny's case on you was completely ridiculous last game. Like I can understand feeling weird about how townie you were playing, but pushing it as your day1 lynch seems unreasonable.

Actually this game I felt really off about Aquanim the entire time but it ended up never really materializing.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 04:27 GMT
#2018
On February 18 2014 13:24 suki wrote:
Could you maybe summarize it to make it easier for me to digest?


Yeah. So if you remember the events of the early game in which resulted in a lot of what you found jay scummy for, I early voted jay to see his reaction (cause I thought his post was somewhat scummy), koshi hops on etc etc.

In that quote string, jay explains EXACTLY what he was thinking about each little thing. My vote, koshi's vote, koshi's followup etc etc... it's eye opening because I realized he was blowing up specifically because KOSHI was not providing reasoning and being antagonistic.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 04:31 GMT
#2022
haha no not really... you were blowing up at jay because he WASN'T doing what he did for me, which was indepthly explain his thought process
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 04:35 GMT
#2024
Ohhh yeah. This was by far the funnest mafia game i've played to date. D1/N1 was just so full of lulz and funny moments.

- really random opening post that actually pinged 2 mafia
- Really stupid king stuff
- WAGON OF JUSTICE
- jay likening me to being king of rohan with regards to suki

ah so good
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 18 2014 05:29 GMT
#2033
Rofl... some of the conclusions that follow from my retarded math are hilarious.

For example:

While I had a 1.02% chance to roll TMMM, it also follows that I had a 3.03% or something chance to roll TMMT. So its really amazing that I even rolled town OR mafia!

I loved skewing that into exactly what I wanted. Which was Jonny being scum as the outcome. It took me awhile to figure out that the best way to make it so that Jonny is scum is to show the chances of rolling mafia rather than show the chances to roll town. While making this, I was really upset that Jonny had something like a 40% chance to roll a TTTT situation, whereas I had 3.03% to roll a TMMT situation so i just flipped it! :D
Prev 1 11 12 13 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1198
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 301
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1198
ByuN 490
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 301
Reynor 250
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27455
Calm 2463
Shuttle 367
Mini 169
White-Ra 152
firebathero 91
Mong 56
scan(afreeca) 27
soO 13
ZZZero.O 13
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10121
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps12
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3746
Liquid`Hasu512
MindelVK7
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2365
fl0m2038
summit1g1727
FrodaN1476
B2W.Neo754
olofmeister741
Khaldor443
Beastyqt332
Livibee182
crisheroes177
Mew2King66
ToD50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick486
BasetradeTV185
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
angryscii 14
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 31
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach59
• blackmanpl 25
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• 80smullet 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
Other Games
• imaqtpie999
• Shiphtur683
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3m
BSL Open Qualifier
3m
OSC
4h 3m
Replay Cast
4h 3m
OSC
17h 3m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.