• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:31
CEST 07:31
KST 14:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7644 users

Resistance 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 23 2013 23:56 GMT
#6
/in
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 26 2013 23:39 GMT
#70
*raises hand and jumps up and down* pick me Adam, pick me!

Koshi, if you are going to prove you are town by trolling, I am going to be really sad
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 02:54 GMT
#90
From a voting standpoint, I think it doesn't matter whether the leader sends himself or not. If you think the leader is town, you are going to trust his selections the same no matter who is on it. In fact, it might be even better if the leader decides not to put himself on the team as we are able to see more of his concrete reads and opinions.

This is just me theory-crafting but let me know if I am way off.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 03:12 GMT
#92
If Koshi is going to troll, I'm not sure if I want him going on missions. Would it help our read of him or just hinder our chances at getting a good mission?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 05:01 GMT
#99
On December 27 2013 13:58 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Corazon if you were a leader now would you send a team that does not include yourself?

Seeing as I just said that I don't really think it matters, I don't understand why are you asking that question.

Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 05:14 GMT
#101
On December 27 2013 14:06 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Because you job as a leader is to send 3 townies on a mission. You knowing your alignment why would you not send yourself?

Because it gives me the opportunity to share my reads and have people discuss them. I can say all I want about people being townie but it never becomes concrete until I send them on a mission.

If I send myself, we only get to talk about the alignment of 3 people.
If I don't send myself, we get to talk about the alignment of 4 people. Myself + the 3 others I sent.

Of course the drawback is that we aren't able to discern the leader's alignment as accurately after the mission fails/succeeds, but I think both approaches are valid ways of picking teams.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 05:19 GMT
#103
On December 27 2013 14:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why would we talk only about those people's alignment who are sent in the mission?

Because when I say, "I'm thinking of sending A/B/C", that means we are supposed to talk about A, B, and C when we decide to accept/reject the team.

There are other times where we discuss everyone's alignment (such as after a mission), but for accepting/rejecting teams, I don't understand why we would publicly evaluate anyone else besides the town status of the people that the leader chose and the town status of the leader himself.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 05:30 GMT
#105
On December 27 2013 14:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Oh god, i hope you drop that line of thinking if you are town. We are supposed to discuss everyone's alignment regardless of what the team leader is going to send. Strongest townreads should go, on D1 that means you should send yourself, because you are your strongest townread, and there is no concrete information of anyone's scumminess/towniness (i mean voting patterns & mission results to analyze).

Even if you have a weak townread on someone who is being put on the mission that does not mean you should automatically pass that without discussion, you need to suggest your strongest townreads. After D1 that somewhat changes but the first mission.. There is no reason to not nominate yourself if you are town, absolutely none.

So you are saying my line of reasoning is only invalid for D1?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 05:48 GMT
#108
On December 27 2013 14:41 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Basically yes.
After D1 that somewhat changes.

Ok, I can compromise with you there. Of course I'm not picking first so I don't know what you mean by "I hope you stop thinking like this if you are town". No need to attack me for hypotheticals
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 16:06 GMT
#145
I kind of like Hopeless' idea of sending 2 strong town reads and 1 liability. I think that would be a good way to weed out the town lurkers from the spy lurkers if we got a good D1 where we passed the mission.

It's only a bad plan if we are behind, as spies can spare town a win and allow us to misread the liability.

I'm only doing a lot of theory crafting b/c this is my first time playing resistance and not too much has happened in the way of action.

Koshi, I think you should give hopeless the benefit of the doubt in the beginning of the game and not assume he is going to lurk the whole game. Why are you calling out people for meta reasons? How is that solving anything?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 18:44 GMT
#154
In my opinion, Koshi needs to step up his game. His line of reasoning is very anti-town and his only explanation for why he should be picked is "I'm town".

If he doesn't improve, I don't think he should be considered for any of the missions (at least the first 2 or 3).
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 27 2013 23:38 GMT
#170
After looking at Hopeless again, I really do like his posts. His contributions have been very excellent and I don't mind his nomination at all.

I'm also okay with Rayn and Adam as nominations. I want to hear some more questioning and activity from everyone b/c the only scum/spy read I have right now is Koshi.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 28 2013 00:35 GMT
#174
On CR - I think you are being a little harsh on him. I think your scum read on him is simply because you disagree with him. Most of his posts have been refuting you so he hasn't had much of a chance to say anything else in relation to the game. Perhaps you should back off of him a bit and let him do his thing?

Ofc if he pulls a Koshi and lurks, then you can go after him.

@Rayn + everyone else
How do you feel about Adam's team? Is there a more optimal team from your standpoint?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 28 2013 00:46 GMT
#176
Yeah I would've preferred myself or VE on the team instead of Adam but I also agreed with your point about the leader picking themselves on the team.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 28 2013 15:50 GMT
#189
Is it typical for the first mission team to be approved mostly uncontested?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 28 2013 20:35 GMT
#202
I'm going to have to Nay as well. I gave it careful consideration but I realized that Adam has had little thread presence and I can't really trust his picks because I believe that he has not been putting enough attention into the game to read anyone else.

The other thing that startles me was the lack of contestation of the picks. 3 people voted yes without really discussing it, which makes me nervous that this team is backed by the spies, which would most likely result in this mission failing. There wasn't enough scrutiny early on which doesn't give me confidence in Adam or his team.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 28 2013 20:46 GMT
#205
He's making Adam vote formally so we still have a chance to convince him to oppose his team and read the game.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 28 2013 21:17 GMT
#208
Would you like to explain your post?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 29 2013 01:41 GMT
#240
On December 29 2013 10:39 Adam4167 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 10:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 29 2013 09:39 Adam4167 wrote:
Sentinel, if you could change your vote, would you switch it?

Rayn, same question to you

No i wouldn't. I don't trust you, especially after your comment on the top of the current page.


You don't like the fact that I want to take extra time to make sure I don't fuck this up?

Why

This ultimately rests in my hands, as I have the swing vote and I want to make sure i'm making the right decision.

Why are you only being cautious now as opposed to being cautious when you picked a team?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 29 2013 16:58 GMT
#270
TBH I think we should disregard most of what Koshi says. It's quite obvious from his posts that he's not really playing the game and he's just flinging shit for no reason.
Grubby's #1 Fan
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 489
Hyuk 463
Leta 108
Icarus 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm231
League of Legends
JimRising 743
Other Games
summit1g9591
WinterStarcraft464
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick956
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1352
• Lourlo1033
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 30m
INu's Battles
6h 30m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 30m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 30m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 30m
Replay Cast
17h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.