• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:01
CEST 20:01
KST 03:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9384 users

Resistance 3 - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 28 2013 20:51 GMT
#206
On December 29 2013 05:46 Corazon wrote:
He's making Adam vote formally so we still have a chance to convince him to oppose his team and read the game.

OH I JUST REALIZE ADAM IS ONE OF THE FIVE

I'd love to hear more from Adam (my own decision was pretty rash, I put a lot of faith in Adam since I had nothing to go on).
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 28 2013 21:19 GMT
#209
On December 29 2013 06:16 Koshi wrote:
Cora & VE both scummers.
Current team is all town.
CR is town.

I would say out of sentinel and grack, grack is the scummer.


Please do, I wouldn't say you're the shining beacon of town enlightenment right now either
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 00:06 GMT
#222
On December 29 2013 08:46 Adam4167 wrote:
Rayn, don't be thick. I asked the host if my submission of the team counted as a yay from me, he said yes, so there was no reason for me to vote.

When I went to bed there were 3 yes votes and no one was contesting my team, so what was I to discuss? I'm not going to bark at the people that have voted yes, their votes are in, and they've already done their bit. For everyone else, I was waiting for them to bring their objections to the thread to discuss with them. If they had no objections, there was nothing to discuss and they'd vote yes.

The level of resistance this team is facing is what I'd expect from an all town team. I'll almost certainly vote yes, but we've got 4 hours still, may as well use it to discuss.


Why would an all town team have no resistance? Wouldn't it be the other way around, with spies coming in to start something and try and get a different team into play?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 00:24 GMT
#227
On December 29 2013 09:14 Adam4167 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 09:06 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On December 29 2013 08:46 Adam4167 wrote:
Rayn, don't be thick. I asked the host if my submission of the team counted as a yay from me, he said yes, so there was no reason for me to vote.

When I went to bed there were 3 yes votes and no one was contesting my team, so what was I to discuss? I'm not going to bark at the people that have voted yes, their votes are in, and they've already done their bit. For everyone else, I was waiting for them to bring their objections to the thread to discuss with them. If they had no objections, there was nothing to discuss and they'd vote yes.

The level of resistance this team is facing is what I'd expect from an all town team. I'll almost certainly vote yes, but we've got 4 hours still, may as well use it to discuss.


Why would an all town team have no resistance? Wouldn't it be the other way around, with spies coming in to start something and try and get a different team into play?


There hasn't been no resistance. We have 4 people voting no or declaring they're going to vote no. Thats a team passing by the smallest of margins.


But the first few people all voted yes. Only when it became clear that there was too little evidence for such a fast majority vote did people start voting no to delay everything and see what's going on.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 00:25 GMT
#228
On December 29 2013 09:20 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 09:14 Adam4167 wrote:
On December 29 2013 09:06 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On December 29 2013 08:46 Adam4167 wrote:
Rayn, don't be thick. I asked the host if my submission of the team counted as a yay from me, he said yes, so there was no reason for me to vote.

When I went to bed there were 3 yes votes and no one was contesting my team, so what was I to discuss? I'm not going to bark at the people that have voted yes, their votes are in, and they've already done their bit. For everyone else, I was waiting for them to bring their objections to the thread to discuss with them. If they had no objections, there was nothing to discuss and they'd vote yes.

The level of resistance this team is facing is what I'd expect from an all town team. I'll almost certainly vote yes, but we've got 4 hours still, may as well use it to discuss.


Why would an all town team have no resistance? Wouldn't it be the other way around, with spies coming in to start something and try and get a different team into play?


There hasn't been no resistance. We have 4 people voting no or declaring they're going to vote no. Thats a team passing by the smallest of margins.

Maybe somebody can fill me in if it is typical for the first mission to be passed on the first attempt? I'm more alarmed that it is actually passing right now than there being some resistance. I already know that 1/2 of those resisters are not nay voting because they know it's an all town team.


In Resistance 2 the first mission took forever because nobody trusted anybody. Then once town started winning some, the game accelerated.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 00:42 GMT
#230
On December 29 2013 09:39 Adam4167 wrote:
Sentinel, if you could change your vote, would you switch it?

Rayn, same question to you


Three hours ago I would have definitely said yes. Now... I'm not completely sure. On one hand, you're here for discussion, which at least somewhat eases my suspicions. On the other hand, Hopeless has disappeared off the map after his vote. That troubles me.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 00:54 GMT
#232
On December 29 2013 09:48 Adam4167 wrote:
I agree, i'd prefer hopeless make a re-appearance soon. What i'm mulling over though is that if I did have a spy on this mission, wouldn't I have more people pushing this along, with some gusto even? I don't see that happening here.

But as more people start to side with the nays - or at least not openly supporting the yays, it becomes dangerous to push the mission.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 02:21 GMT
#248
This leader order is upside-down from what my optimal leader order would be.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 17:30 GMT
#278
On December 30 2013 02:22 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2013 02:02 Corazon wrote:
On December 30 2013 02:00 VisceraEyes wrote:
No there's a reason. I'm just trying to decide if it's a town-aligned one or a scum-aligned one. Like, he said he'd consider Yay voting the team I said I was gonna submit, but he's also been calling me scum for two pages. Does that make sense from a town-perspective? It occurs to me that I'm trying to find a balance of towniness to me and towniness to the thread when making my choices, but Koshi seemed like he would send a scumread. :/


Well when it comes to Koshi, I'm just glad that there is no day where we have to send all of the town players.

^ This sentence is quite strange.

I believe he's saying that since there's 6 towns you don't have to send all six on any day, so it's ok to be unsure of a few people as long as you have 5 "confirmed" townies.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 17:32 GMT
#279
Interesting team... I'm going to have to consider this one.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 19:59 GMT
#284
I'm going to postpone my judgment, Koshi and VE are both shaky for me and I don't want to repeat my mistake from last round.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 20:49 GMT
#290
On December 30 2013 05:41 Hopeless1der wrote:
VE, why did you want your team to fail? What did you expect to gain from watching us vote nay?

Koshi who do you plan to send for your team?

Sentinel what "mistake" do you refer to?



On December 28 2013 12:13 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Hopeless is talking with more sense and clarity that I can conjure up, and his posts do seem a lot more complete than what I saw in my quick browse of his LXIII filter.

I like Adam calling out Koshi as well instead of just hopping on board with everyone else (including me). In some way this makes me think he carefully thought out his team. I trust him and I trust his view on Hopeless. Rayn's been stepping up as our chief discussion leader so I trust him too. I'm okay with this mission.

Voting yay


I think I rushed my vote way too fast. I want to think this one through.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 21:06 GMT
#295
On December 30 2013 05:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I do not know why he liked Koshi / Adam early on, i certainly did not share the feeling. I do not like this post:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2013 12:13 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Hopeless is talking with more sense and clarity that I can conjure up, and his posts do seem a lot more complete than what I saw in my quick browse of his LXIII filter.

I like Adam calling out Koshi as well instead of just hopping on board with everyone else (including me). In some way this makes me think he carefully thought out his team. I trust him and I trust his view on Hopeless. Rayn's been stepping up as our chief discussion leader so I trust him too. I'm okay with this mission.

Voting yay

I like what Sentinel says about Hopeless, and i like what he says about Adam calling out Koshi. The problem is earlier on Koshi was a strong candidate for Sentinel's pick if was to pick a team. Why did you change your mind on Koshi? Another problem with the post is what Sentinel did - he yay-voted amongst the first people for Adam's team. Now he is "holding judgement" on VE's team, when in fact it should be easier to vote in a way or another, as he is one of the teammembers, he has to judge only 2 people, not 3. Explain that Sentinel. Also again, here he says Koshi and VE are shaky, why?

I jumped the gun on this post. I've admitted it in the thread multiple times and I'm admitting it again. If I had my way this post would never exist. However -

This is where I realize that Koshi hasn't really been doing anything except telling everyone he's town, and Adam was the first one to point that out. Good job Adam. However, this is when Adam also disappeared, and people instantly voted yay on his team. That didn't seem right. I think a team with a spy on it would have that little resistance because the spies can back the team 100%. Town team wouldn't.

So it seemed like a spy team until people started voting nay. Then it was still shaky but better.

I actually like VE's team more than Adam's. Cora's still high in my townie books, and I'm town, so that's 2 out of 3 right there. The missing link is VE.

On one hand, VE started out the game much like Adam, saying a few words and then going off the radar, in his case for nearly 24 hours. So that was disconcerting. His post addressing liabilities on the team was spot-on, but I didn't like the fact that he vanished.

Now he's back and returning to the same posts about proper townie behavior, etc. yet his decision felt rash too. I think he should have at least discussed the possibility of me and Cora vs. rayn and Hopeless before he sent the team in, but you addressed that already so I won't bother restating.

What I don't understand though, is why:

On December 30 2013 02:45 VisceraEyes wrote:
But for the record, I'm still mostly town on Rayn...just disappointed that he's not as active as he was at the start of the game.


Does a strong townread on rayn still justify switching onto me?

Koshi I'm not sure about. I don't like him at all this game, yet I can't pin anything substantial onto him. I hate his "I'm obv town gaise" attitude, yet he did make good points on VE at the time. And I'm still unsure why he's so adamant about nayvoting VE's team.

My gut feeling after all this time tells me to vote yay, but I'm still deciding how much I want to read into Koshi's words.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 21:10 GMT
#296
On December 30 2013 06:05 Koshi wrote:
I said why already. + now there is a scumslip.

I for one remain unconvinced there was any scumslip there.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 29 2013 22:55 GMT
#309
The empty space is quite symbolic there.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 30 2013 01:44 GMT
#316
On December 30 2013 09:01 Alakaslam wrote:
Day 1: Phase 2

Team 2
Current Leader: VisceraEyes

Deadline to Vote on the Team: 04:00 GMT (+00:00)
Countdown:
Proposed Team: VisceraEyes, [UoN]Sentinel, Corazon

Current Vote Count:
Koshi: Nay
Hopeless1der: Nay
Corazon: Yay


On December 29 2013 11:38 FirmTofu wrote:
Day 1: Phase 1

Team 2

Current Leader: VisceraEyes

Deadline to Propose a Team: 04:00 GMT (+00:00)
Countdown:
Proposed Team: TBD

Current Vote Count:
TBD


Wait do we have 2 hours or 26?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 30 2013 02:15 GMT
#318
Ooooh ok.

Well, guys, I'll be here for the voting deadline, but I won't be around for the majority of the nightphase. I'm leaving on vacation in two days, and I'll be phoneposting for the entirety of Day 2 and the first bit of Day 3. I'll have a lot of time on my hands in the evenings and I'll still be able to keep track of this game since there's only nine of us, but just as a forewarning.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 30 2013 19:41 GMT
#324
I've been busy this morning, apologies

80% sure I want to vote yay.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 30 2013 19:58 GMT
#326
On December 31 2013 04:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Sent what do you think of Adam's statement about VE?


I don't think it says anything suspicious that VE avoided Adam for a while, seems more like early D1 bias getting in the way of making new reads when Adam comes back in the thread and actually posts.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 30 2013 20:03 GMT
#328
On December 31 2013 04:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I meant more like what does it say about Adam?

See the puzzle of "who's scum" would make sense if Adam was a spy and Koshi+CR were his confederates trying to push him through, yet why would Adam call direct attention to this if he were the third spy? Why would he be asking VE to reconsider his scumteam?

It doesn't make Adam outright town, but it does at least give a little bit of justice to his name.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 338
ProTech142
UpATreeSC 119
BRAT_OK 77
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2275
Bisu 2218
Soulkey 992
EffOrt 519
Larva 424
Mini 375
Dewaltoss 193
ZerO 151
hero 104
Mind 72
[ Show more ]
sorry 63
Sharp 58
Shinee 56
Trap 25
Bale 23
NaDa 21
Terrorterran 18
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 12
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Dendi1509
420jenkins389
XaKoH 364
League of Legends
Reynor63
Counter-Strike
fl0m4143
Fnx 652
pashabiceps519
x6flipin351
edward54
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu457
Other Games
Grubby3165
Liquid`RaSZi1643
FrodaN747
Livibee173
C9.Mang0132
TKL 121
QueenE95
RotterdaM60
Mew2King39
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV225
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 71
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2486
• TFBlade810
Other Games
• Shiphtur762
• imaqtpie613
• WagamamaTV453
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 59m
Patches Events
21h 59m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.