• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:10
CEST 13:10
KST 20:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8275 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Derrida
Profile Joined March 2011
2885 Posts
January 08 2014 23:27 GMT
#108
/in
#1 Grubby Fan.
Derrida
Profile Joined March 2011
2885 Posts
January 11 2014 21:56 GMT
#758
Hey all, this is my third mafia game and first PM and first mayor game. You can find my previous games here and here. I was scum in the first one and got killed on Day1, so I’m a terrible scum player. In the second link which is an ongoing game, I am a townie.

Below is the list I’ve made while going through filters to catch-up, I wanted to share it and I will be updating it throughout the game. I am experimenting on it, but in my shadowings and coaching I received, I’ve been told that trying to visualize the connections and reads is very helpful in a mafia game. I will try it out this game. I am hoping that keeping a tab on people’s reads, votes for mayor, and activity fluctuations will make it harder for scum to go unnoticed and pressure them to keep a consistent townie persona, forcing them to slip eventually. Please let me know if I've made a mistake and/or missed any of your reads in my list.

My current mayor candidate is Dr. Helvetica, primarily because I enjoyed reading how seriously he approaches the game. I would like to play a serious game as well, hence the endorsement. I also enjoyed reading through Yamato77’s filter, he is my #2 mayor candidate. I am open to PMs and IRC discussions; though one question, why should one be careful about anonymity on IRC?

+ Show Spoiler +
Inactive players: BloodyC0bbler (1 post, no reads), chinstrap (2 posts, no reads), Bumatlarge (2 posts, no reads), Gumshoe (sub-10 posts, no reads), Captain Obvious (sub-5 posts, no reads), Mkfuba07 (2 posts, no reads), Aquanim (5 posts, no reads),

Marvellosity - 40+ posts, almost all of them 1-2 liners, states that people need to start posting more for him to start analyzing them.
Reads: Suchdoge (town), Captain Obvious (scum)
Yamato77 – 20ish posts, strives to provide reads and analysis, seems like he wants to play actively.
Reads:
Kushm4sta – 20ish posts, active.
Reads: Gumshoe (town), Thrawn (town), Alakaslam (town), Raynpelikoneet (town), justanothertownie (scum), waveofshadow (scum),
Alakaslam – 20+ posts, active.
      Reads: Dr. Helvetica (town)
VisceraEyes – 20+ posts, active.
      Reads: Dr. Helvetica (town),
Koshi – 10ish posts, somewhat inactive.
      Reads: Raynpelikoneet (town).
Dr. Helvetica – 50+ posts, active.
      Reads: Blazinghand (scum)
WaveofShadow – 10ish posts, semi-active.
      Reads: none(?)
Xatalos – 20+ posts, active.
      Reads: none(?)
Blazinghand - 20ish posts, active.
      Reads: none(?)
Just anothertownie – 20ish posts, semi-active.
      Reads: none(?)
Thrawn2112 – 20ish posts, almost all one-liners.
      Reads: none(?)
Mocsta – 50+ posts, active.
      Reads: Alakaslam (scum), Rayn (scum), kush (town), suchdoge (scum)
Suchdoge – 10ish posts, semi-active.
      Reads: none(?)
Hopeless1der – sub-10 posts, semi-active.
      Reads: none(?)


My two mayor favorites are also my top two townie reads. I do not have any scum reads based on the filters, and I don't most of the people here anyway, so I can't do much 'meta-reading'.
#1 Grubby Fan.
Derrida
Profile Joined March 2011
2885 Posts
January 11 2014 22:10 GMT
#761
On January 12 2014 07:06 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 06:56 Derrida wrote:
Hey all, this is my third mafia game and first PM and first mayor game. You can find my previous games here and here. I was scum in the first one and got killed on Day1, so I’m a terrible scum player. In the second link which is an ongoing game, I am a townie.

Below is the list I’ve made while going through filters to catch-up, I wanted to share it and I will be updating it throughout the game. I am experimenting on it, but in my shadowings and coaching I received, I’ve been told that trying to visualize the connections and reads is very helpful in a mafia game. I will try it out this game. I am hoping that keeping a tab on people’s reads, votes for mayor, and activity fluctuations will make it harder for scum to go unnoticed and pressure them to keep a consistent townie persona, forcing them to slip eventually. Please let me know if I've made a mistake and/or missed any of your reads in my list.

My current mayor candidate is Dr. Helvetica, primarily because I enjoyed reading how seriously he approaches the game. I would like to play a serious game as well, hence the endorsement. I also enjoyed reading through Yamato77’s filter, he is my #2 mayor candidate. I am open to PMs and IRC discussions; though one question, why should one be careful about anonymity on IRC?

+ Show Spoiler +
Inactive players: BloodyC0bbler (1 post, no reads), chinstrap (2 posts, no reads), Bumatlarge (2 posts, no reads), Gumshoe (sub-10 posts, no reads), Captain Obvious (sub-5 posts, no reads), Mkfuba07 (2 posts, no reads), Aquanim (5 posts, no reads),

Marvellosity - 40+ posts, almost all of them 1-2 liners, states that people need to start posting more for him to start analyzing them.
Reads: Suchdoge (town), Captain Obvious (scum)
Yamato77 – 20ish posts, strives to provide reads and analysis, seems like he wants to play actively.
Reads:
Kushm4sta – 20ish posts, active.
Reads: Gumshoe (town), Thrawn (town), Alakaslam (town), Raynpelikoneet (town), justanothertownie (scum), waveofshadow (scum),
Alakaslam – 20+ posts, active.
      Reads: Dr. Helvetica (town)
VisceraEyes – 20+ posts, active.
      Reads: Dr. Helvetica (town),
Koshi – 10ish posts, somewhat inactive.
      Reads: Raynpelikoneet (town).
Dr. Helvetica – 50+ posts, active.
      Reads: Blazinghand (scum)
WaveofShadow – 10ish posts, semi-active.
      Reads: none(?)
Xatalos – 20+ posts, active.
      Reads: none(?)
Blazinghand - 20ish posts, active.
      Reads: none(?)
Just anothertownie – 20ish posts, semi-active.
      Reads: none(?)
Thrawn2112 – 20ish posts, almost all one-liners.
      Reads: none(?)
Mocsta – 50+ posts, active.
      Reads: Alakaslam (scum), Rayn (scum), kush (town), suchdoge (scum)
Suchdoge – 10ish posts, semi-active.
      Reads: none(?)
Hopeless1der – sub-10 posts, semi-active.
      Reads: none(?)


My two mayor favorites are also my top two townie reads. I do not have any scum reads based on the filters, and I don't most of the people here anyway, so I can't do much 'meta-reading'.

My filter should indicate a townread on BH too.


Will update, thank you. Do you have any scum reads currently?
#1 Grubby Fan.
Derrida
Profile Joined March 2011
2885 Posts
January 12 2014 11:01 GMT
#1109
On January 12 2014 19:06 Mocsta wrote:
Below are my top 2 scum reads
(1) Derrida
(2)Bumatlarge




Reasoning
Derrida
  • His first post mimics his first post as scum <-- from putting himself down, to, list posting
  • He specifies how important it is to make these connections based on coaching; yet spoilers this effort <<-- again degrading the work he is presenting/
  • His connection theory is purely a count of posts and detail of what others have called scum <<- there is zero effort put into interpreting this data/
  • When VE asks for a town read to be added. Derrida non-chalantly asks for details about a scum read <<- Derrida gives zero fucks about this game
  • Lastly, Derrida excuses himself of scum hunting in his first post stating he doesnt know people so can't do meta-reading <<- Clearly gives zero fucks about this game and is finding excuses to not contribute.




Good read for most of the part. I am not scum but I am not able to give enough attention to the game due to some family issues, I am forced to be inactive (read, 2-3 not very detailed posts at most) for at least the next 24 hours. I wouldn't be too heartbroken if I get lynched, but don't really agree with your points that makes me seem more scummy than the other inactive people.
#1 Grubby Fan.
Derrida
Profile Joined March 2011
2885 Posts
January 12 2014 13:52 GMT
#1171
requesting to be replaced, i will not have access to computer for at least a few days, family emergency (nothing too terrible). i apologize to the host and the players for the inconvenience.
#1 Grubby Fan.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 16942
StarCastTV_EN387
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs PercivalLIVE!
TBD vs Krystianer
CranKy Ducklings92
CranKy Ducklings SOOP16
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko176
OGKoka 51
ProTech36
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 11787
Jaedong 5816
EffOrt 2850
BeSt 1239
actioN 879
Killer 667
Soma 605
ZerO 513
Horang2 493
Pusan 470
[ Show more ]
Zeus 260
Stork 225
Rush 178
JYJ 161
Barracks 121
Mong 55
ToSsGirL 53
HiyA 47
Bale 32
Terrorterran 32
Sexy 31
Sharp 24
Shinee 22
sorry 18
NaDa 18
Sacsri 11
JulyZerg 10
Noble 10
Sea.KH 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5183
XaKoH 429
Dendi5
League of Legends
Reynor47
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_0
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft2326
crisheroes2319
Other Games
gofns63093
singsing1432
olofmeister1333
byalli598
Livibee207
Pyrionflax142
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick513
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream335
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 254
StarCraft 2
WardiTV46
Other Games
BasetradeTV1
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1941
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 50m
Kung Fu Cup
23h 50m
The PondCast
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.