• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:21
CEST 08:21
KST 15:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7861 users

II Titanic Mini Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 02:11 GMT
#896
On December 11 2013 10:48 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2013 10:36 VayneAuthority wrote:
On December 11 2013 10:32 Holyflare wrote:
On December 11 2013 10:24 LSB wrote:
On December 11 2013 10:14 Holyflare wrote:
On December 11 2013 09:06 LSB wrote:
Probably I should include a reasoning:
Should Alakaslam continue with his play it will be incredibly difficult to get a correct read from Alakaslam or any player he 'pressures'. I don't want to waste a DT check on him, nor do I want to have him at LYLO.

I am of the belief that unless a seriously good candidate comes up, the day one lynch is probably the best time to get rid of lurkers/noncontributors.


Question. Would scum alakaslam continue posting in this manner despite thread saying he'd get lynched for it? What would be the net benefit to that kind of scum play?

By that same logic would town alakaslam continue posting in the manner despite thread saying he'd get lynched for it? What would be the net benefit to that kind of scum play?

He has chosen a way to play and hopefully we can discourage him from continuing with it


That's what I'm getting at, since we called him out on hit he actually switched his playstyle to a more coherent one and contributed and then reverted back to the old play intertwined with it. I see that as more of a wanting to use a strategy to discover information than survival tactics.


depends on how you look at it.

He reverted out of it once he picked up 2 quick votes and people were talking about maybe voting for him. When everything breezed over he went back to trolling. It can be twisted anyway you want it to be. From the story I just told, that's survival tactics.


Well I'd agree but the last 2 pages of his filter are coherent and thoughts, it is only that last post that was quoted that was an out of the blue revert but as LSB said that was to illicit a reaction out of someone (stop ruining plans lsb)! So, in actuality he is contributing - or more to the fact that he isn't being detrimental like he was at the start.


? i read it and it's just him spamming ice or talking about the definition of trolling and one post where he says to lynch kush. not exactly coherent I'd say
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 02:55 GMT
#908
On December 11 2013 11:20 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2013 11:11 VayneAuthority wrote:
On December 11 2013 10:48 Holyflare wrote:
On December 11 2013 10:36 VayneAuthority wrote:
On December 11 2013 10:32 Holyflare wrote:
On December 11 2013 10:24 LSB wrote:
On December 11 2013 10:14 Holyflare wrote:
On December 11 2013 09:06 LSB wrote:
Probably I should include a reasoning:
Should Alakaslam continue with his play it will be incredibly difficult to get a correct read from Alakaslam or any player he 'pressures'. I don't want to waste a DT check on him, nor do I want to have him at LYLO.

I am of the belief that unless a seriously good candidate comes up, the day one lynch is probably the best time to get rid of lurkers/noncontributors.


Question. Would scum alakaslam continue posting in this manner despite thread saying he'd get lynched for it? What would be the net benefit to that kind of scum play?

By that same logic would town alakaslam continue posting in the manner despite thread saying he'd get lynched for it? What would be the net benefit to that kind of scum play?

He has chosen a way to play and hopefully we can discourage him from continuing with it


That's what I'm getting at, since we called him out on hit he actually switched his playstyle to a more coherent one and contributed and then reverted back to the old play intertwined with it. I see that as more of a wanting to use a strategy to discover information than survival tactics.


depends on how you look at it.

He reverted out of it once he picked up 2 quick votes and people were talking about maybe voting for him. When everything breezed over he went back to trolling. It can be twisted anyway you want it to be. From the story I just told, that's survival tactics.


Well I'd agree but the last 2 pages of his filter are coherent and thoughts, it is only that last post that was quoted that was an out of the blue revert but as LSB said that was to illicit a reaction out of someone (stop ruining plans lsb)! So, in actuality he is contributing - or more to the fact that he isn't being detrimental like he was at the start.


? i read it and it's just him spamming ice or talking about the definition of trolling and one post where he says to lynch kush. not exactly coherent I'd say



Show nested quote +
On December 10 2013 19:45 Alakaslam wrote:
I feel kind of indignant. I thought my posts had almost too obvious meaning.

I mean really...

Anyway, how I gather a read. The way I gather reads needed(eeds) to change. Past methods weren't working, I am too stoic and bland and always wrong. I gotta shake things up or start co-hosting, and if I can't understand playing the game I won't be any good at balance.

Xigxag, I wish I was quoting literature so that I could respond appropriately but I am wholly oblivious. If my light in a glass looks like Edison's work, let me assure you I am French. I am winging practically everything I say to maintain relevancy to this game.


Do scum admit they are winging everything they say?

Show nested quote +
On December 11 2013 03:39 Alakaslam wrote:
Oh hello he had to go.

Well, bumatlarge, maybe I will ask you this: does spaghetticus/xata interactions with the flaming fury maker (sorry) tell of anything at all? I am wanting to look at this as well. See what folks think.


Also, I was the first to ask for a votecount. Does this strike you as alignment indicative, are you certain my filter is "shit"? Care to check it out?


If anything it looks like slam is genuinely in a struggle to get to grips with how to recover back to townie status. I like his general direction from the end of page 3 to now. He is showing that he is willing to drop his previous state to get into the game rather than continue with an act that nobody liked. While certain aspects need to be polished, I don't think he's a great lynch for today.


to your first question, I wing everything I say regardless of alignment so I don't see how that is relevant. That's more of a personal choice to overthink things or just type.

I think anyone would want to be considered town regardless of alignment and this is my theory:

His scum team started yelling at him to stop fucking around in his chat

or he is simply town and doesn't want to get lynched, because who does?
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 03:01 GMT
#911
I would say that coming out of his persona is pretty scummy but I digress. It's more then a policy lynch from me at this point. He didn't even break persona in Time To Die after being asked to many times. The fact that he broke here so easily leads me to believe that he is not the same alignment.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 04:03 GMT
#935
I hope he flips town so I am actually justified in saying that he is hindering the game. If he's scum he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Read that portal game by greymist if you want to see how hard it is to lynch this guy as scum. His entire team bussed him and he still barely got lynched. nuff said.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 04:10 GMT
#940
Considering the decent resistance in this game at the day 1 stage I would say there is actually a decent chance for him to flip scum combined with the points I have already made. There is quite a group of people that have pretty much ignored him altogether, which is what I usually do. I would like a better reason on why we shouldn't lynch him besides "lol vigi" because we all know nobody uses their vig shots like that; they always end up being hero vig shots.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 04:11 GMT
#941
As I said earlier, this isn't policy lynch anymore btw. I am now starting a real discussion on why he is a good lynch.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 04:27 GMT
#948
I was waiting for the jabs at people going on the slam lynch. it's not scummy at all. Don't make it out to be something it isn't
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 04:31 GMT
#953
On December 11 2013 13:29 Pandain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2013 13:27 VayneAuthority wrote:
I was waiting for the jabs at people going on the slam lynch. it's not scummy at all. Don't make it out to be something it isn't

It's scummy as shit if you aren't clearly aggravated and have reads, actual reads, like holy has.

We are 46 pages in, one guy out of 18 isn't a big deal and he's probably town

Coming from someone who is often the target of policy lynches I'm surprised at your approach


how many times have I been lynched? Point made

Scum isn't going to kill slam for us. he will never go away and always linger as we get closer to lylo.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 04:34 GMT
#956
Let's try this the other way around

can anyone explain to me why alakaslam will not flip scum besides probability? that's one thing he has going for him.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 04:43 GMT
#964
Not everyone's primary language is english as this is a world site. I can barely understand him (if at all) as a native english speaker.

What is there to be gained by not lynching him pandain btw? I am approaching it from your side now. Why is alakaslam a bad lynch?
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 04:45 GMT
#966
I find holy's reasoning or lack of it townie considering I found him to be a paranoid player from the time to die scum qt. he would not let something like that tarnish his image as scum. He just spent pages arguing against a slam lynch and then opts to vote him. does he do that as scum? doubtful.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 04:55 GMT
#973
oh so he was being self aware. nevermind, null.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 05:15 GMT
#980
LOL.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 05:20 GMT
#981
i dont know what made you change my mind, that post is just as riddled. made my head hurt to read it since I thought it would be good
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 06:52 GMT
#992
aren't they OMGUS'ing eachother? pretty sure they both want to lynch the other
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 07:04 GMT
#996
I even explained why pandain was not in the thread, so yea that is fairly suspicious. I would have to go back and look at the timeline and see if he kept posting about pandain being the biggest lurker after I explained why
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 07:08 GMT
#998
ok so what I see is that he ignored my post so either not reading the thread or just choose to ignore it, idk which and don't really care not too relevant.

He then decides pandain is going to get replaced and not modkilled so he unvotes, so im leaning towards he isn't reading the thread. So I guess it doesn't mean much.

BUT, he now wants to go back to lynching pandain despite it being abundantly clear that he won't be lurking anymore now.

Last part is what needs to be explained
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 17:07 GMT
#1142
it's easy to think I was the towniest person in a game, understandable
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 17:11 GMT
#1146
i'm gonna NK alakaslam
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
December 11 2013 17:14 GMT
#1149
I have one goal today and one goal only. If you think I would help town get rid of alakaslam as scum I can't help you.
I come in for the scraps
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 152
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1829
ggaemo 409
910 361
Shuttle 85
Mong 81
Dewaltoss 73
Hm[arnc] 40
soO 30
Bale 25
Noble 21
[ Show more ]
yabsab 18
ZergMaN 17
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm163
League of Legends
JimRising 612
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1205
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor762
Other Games
summit1g8721
C9.Mang0310
PiGStarcraft290
Happy141
Mew2King131
ArmadaUGS50
trigger15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 43
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2331
League of Legends
• Rush1191
• Lourlo1163
• Stunt452
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6h 40m
OSC
15h 40m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 3h
Online Event
1d 4h
FEL
1d 9h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.