• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:10
CEST 11:10
KST 18:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7846 users

Newbie Mini Mafia L - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 04 2013 21:53 GMT
#1275
I hope I don't end up regretting asking this, but Balla, why are you more comfortable lynching Von first over me? I made my case about Von pretty clear (I'm still rereading his filter to comment on his more recent posts) but I'm interested to hear your thoughts comparing us since you've seemed to have a stronger scum read on me as of late. Since you're likely a mafia lynch target I think this could be valuable information to get out there.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 04 2013 22:08 GMT
#1286
On November 05 2013 07:03 Balla24 wrote:
I don't really understand why you're interested in the answer? Seems like you want me to defend you... I've made my case on both of you previously. You can decide why on your own... Sorry, I really don't feel comfortable answering that Q.

Alright, that's fine. I guess I just couldn't figure out the distinction on why you feel Von is a better target.

@Johnny Yeah l"m gonna update my case on Von
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 05 2013 00:07 GMT
#1328
Just a couple more things to add about Von. On the surface, his last page or so of posts seems fairly pro town, at least in regards to pushing someone who he thinks is scum, but at that point in the game I was hoping for him to stay active and push other players. Putting me as his number one target is fine, but he hasn't really gone out of his way to make any other pro town efforts. I only fell back on Von after my post on nyx got shut down. His main defense has been that our play has been too similar for me to call him out, but I'm under fire for being scum too so I don't think that really seems like the best defense.

In regards to his votes, he voted poof while he was missing, then switched to me, and then went right back to poof after he failed to come up with a good argument (and was likely to get lynched). I think it's likely that Von went for the team kill in order to establish his place as a "town" member. Especially if poof was actually afk and communication between scum players broke down.

RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 05 2013 01:07 GMT
#1337
Turns out he wasn't wrong about his fate.

I wonder what the hell the blue roles for this game even are. Johnny was a solid choice for a medic save, although I suppose Balla was also a potential target so they might have tried to save him. Ball and Storr probably aren't blue, so all of our blue power lies in our lurkers. I guess that's good because they aren't being targeted, but it sucks we aren't getting any blue information.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 05 2013 01:08 GMT
#1338
EBWOP blue information as in useful information from blue powers, not information on who is blue.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 05 2013 01:20 GMT
#1347
I just said "I guess that's good they aren't being targeted."

But at some point I'm hoping for blue roles to make some sort of contribution to having a concrete idea of who is scum. Although maybe it's better for them to sit on this information and save it for a more critical point of the game.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 05 2013 01:22 GMT
#1348
Man...I really didn't think it was that weird of a post. I mean, after another town play flipping VT I'm just starting to wonder where the blue roles are, that's all.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 05 2013 01:24 GMT
#1350
I saw he flipped town and that's the first thing that came to mind. I don't see how having two hours to think it over really changes anything. I had a thought come to mind and decided I should post it since I was getting so much shit for not talking.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 05 2013 01:32 GMT
#1354
On November 05 2013 10:27 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2013 10:24 onlywonderboy wrote:
I saw he flipped town and that's the first thing that came to mind. I don't see how having two hours to think it over really changes anything. I had a thought come to mind and decided I should post it since I was getting so much shit for not talking.


understandable.... 2 hours gives time for claims... not everyone is around for deadline... especially not lynch deadline

Can you elaborate on this? I can't tell if you're being serious. I mean there is a lot that can happen in two hours, but I wanted to make sure I posted my thoughts since I had a chance to give my original opinion on something. There's been a lot of times in my thread where I've been so far behind it's been hard to come up with new reads and not just seem like I'm sheeping because other people have already stated most of my opinions.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 05 2013 01:46 GMT
#1357
Sorry, it wasn't obvious to me. That makes sense. Guess I wasn't thinking about how quickly that discussion could get invalidated.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 05 2013 19:49 GMT
#1465
Well damn, it seems the voting train on me got started while I was away. Don't really have much to add since most of the post were just scum reads on me. I wish I could defend myself but I can't disagree I played like shit, was busy and didn't contribute nearly enough. I'll still be around in case I come up with something to change other people's mind, I haven't given up, but damn this looks dire haha.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 06 2013 18:12 GMT
#1558
I don't really see this vote coming down to anyone besides storr or I. ##Vote: StorrZerg

Nothing really new to bring to the table in regards to Storr's scumminess, plenty of other people have already made their cases. Especially his recent tendency to keep repeating it's gonna look bad if I flip town. Seems like he wants to plant that in our minds so when I flip town he can say "SEE LOOK IT KNOW IT WOULD LOOK BAD." There's no reason for this pre defense unless he already knows what's going to happen.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 06 2013 18:40 GMT
#1566
On November 07 2013 03:25 Balla24 wrote:
That's a really weak defense of yourself OWB... relying on Storr's possible "information bias" as your ONLY defense is really bad. Not only that but it comes RIGHT after I've been beating up Storr about it as if you were waiting to see what came out of that discussion..

lol it's all I got. Storr told me to skip the part where I talk about being busy because I've done that all game long, and despite it being true he's right, it doesn't help my case. I can't defend myself well because I played like shit. It's hard to post original content when I come back to the thread and things I think on my own have already been said by someone else. Should have just not said anything I guess.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 08 2013 02:21 GMT
#1669
Haha fuck. Well gg guys. For what it's worth I was actually really busy.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-08 03:14:19
November 08 2013 03:12 GMT
#1679
Couple things
On November 07 2013 10:04 Balla24 wrote:
Sorry OWB but you could have gotten out of that. No effort T_T

What could have I done? I ended up being quiet so I didn't incriminate Odin, but that didn't really help much lol

On November 08 2013 10:22 Vonthin wrote:
Its sorta obvious that I am cop after I went from Null read on OWB to going hard on him start of Day 2

even If I am lying you lynch my right away so you win

That makes a ton of sense. Explains why you were so aggro when I pushed you. Just so happened you were the cop, that was just random.
On November 05 2013 04:23 cakemanofdoom wrote:
Man... owb hasn't done much of anything. Plenty of posting how he thinks the game should be played, but not much forming opinions on specific people.

From what I can tell, he makes a few inconclusive reads, and then goes on to tunnel Vonthin for the rest of the game. Making some extra random posts here and there. His cases on Vonthin aren't bad, but if Vonthin's town then it could just be finding a lurker, deciding he's an easy target, and sticking with it to stay consistent.

On his own play alone... he looks scummy. I've said this before, but decided to revisit him since it's been a while, and now I realize he posted almost nothing since then. If there were more potential scum left I'd be very comfortable lynching him; still think he's a fairly reasonable lynch.


I'll get to looking at pairs when I find time to do so. It'll probably be sometime after day 3 starts.

Read like a fucking book.

Also Balla, how do I mafia? lol. But for real, do you have experience on forum mafia on another website? Cause these have been my legit first three games and I feel so behind the curve.

Edit
On November 08 2013 11:50 cakemanofdoom wrote:
coaching qt with Mattchew: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/gA5BjwKEXfQn
Thanks for the help. Still not sure why VE popped in there with advice to play a doctor.

gg all, nice try mafia. Seems like rl made you all too busy to win haha.

Yeah, irl fucked both poof and I pretty hard lol.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 08 2013 03:30 GMT
#1684
Yeah, the lack of experience and time made it hard as fuck lol
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 08 2013 03:35 GMT
#1686
On November 08 2013 12:32 Balla24 wrote:
@OWB just never give up... the train got started on you early enough that you could have posted tons and acted like town. Give some fake reasoning on why you didn't switch to poofter (recommendation: when you say you read someone's filter, READ THEIR FILTER, even if they are on your team, it helps when you need to post something you can post a soft-defense of them, soft-accusation anything like that, counter someone's point whatever...)

NEVER GIVE UP as mafia. Even when a scary town is pushing you. Attack the weak points, give reasoning about other things, admit "mistakes" when you can't really give reasoning and say what you should have done instead. Try to buddy up with someone who knows you and is thus more likely to write you off. Also, defend yourself and bring up a COUNTER-TARGET always, try to direct town, look at how storr was doing this constantly as town, scum should do this too. Do not tunnel. It's bad as town right? So why do it as mafia... anyways NEVER GIVE UP.

Nah these were my first games too, only experience I have with mafia is sc2mafia (completely useless garbage piece of shit) and watching eSports Mafia with StorrZerg and Koibu and people from this forum. You just have to be more confident.

Damn...that makes me feel really shitty. I suck at this game T_T
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 08 2013 03:38 GMT
#1688
The only reason I played well last game was because I knew for sure July was SK, it's easy to be confident when you know you're right lol.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
November 08 2013 04:01 GMT
#1697
I blame Wave for getting me into this game. Make me better now plox.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4153
Calm 2682
Leta 2666
Soulkey 483
Soma 348
Rush 221
Barracks 206
BeSt 183
firebathero 51
Killer 48
[ Show more ]
Shine 36
Shinee 33
Sexy 23
Hm[arnc] 19
Sharp 18
Noble 7
sorry 7
HiyA 5
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc2372
XcaliburYe154
League of Legends
JimRising 520
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Other Games
gofns18322
WinterStarcraft723
Sick188
Pyrionflax156
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 64
• Sammyuel 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Jankos2659
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
50m
Patches Events
5h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 50m
OSC
13h 50m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.