• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:30
CEST 01:30
KST 08:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12629 users

White Flag Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 21 2013 17:36 GMT
#13
This is so cool it like forces mafia to be active and buddy teammates.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 23 2013 15:30 GMT
#25
/in
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 24 2013 07:59 GMT
#39
I would care about smurfs but I think I've realized that analysis without meta is often the safer play.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 31 2013 03:07 GMT
#97
On October 31 2013 11:53 Asinine wrote:
Hello comrades. I will be doing an ASA (Ask Smurf Anything) today. It starts now. I cannot guarantee that I will answer any questions that seem to be fishing for my real TL account.


What is Qatar like?
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 31 2013 23:33 GMT
#190
##Vote: Oatsmaster

He's like way too sporadic without any real focus. Don't know why Oatsmaster would post so much. Just strikes me as weird. Not certain vote yet.

Also Grack is town
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
October 31 2013 23:51 GMT
#195
get em boys!
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 05:53 GMT
#275
On November 01 2013 14:24 Grackaroni wrote:
I've seen town Oats. Town Oats would be arguing with me in all caps right now.


Just saw this but I don't think that's a good rule to follow lol grackapack
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 07:29 GMT
#302
If I could change my vote to jack I would lol @ not finding value from the before conversation and recognizing grack could have been convinced.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 07:30 GMT
#303
But I'm on phone
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 07:30 GMT
#304
On November 01 2013 16:18 Laughing Jack wrote:
No, Are you happy with them? Do you think anyone's vote suck, do you think my vote suck? How would you like the votes to be, who do you want pressured?, is Pandain really your top scumread? Plenty to talk about.

Why don't you contribute
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 08:02 GMT
#305
Grack agree?
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 08:06 GMT
#309
It's 4 am in the morning
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 17:54 GMT
#397
Grack and Mig are town.
##Unvote
##Vote JarJardrinks
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 18:09 GMT
#401
On November 02 2013 02:56 Stutters695 wrote:
Explain your read on Grack please Panda.


First to post, pushing reads, super confident. I know Grack and this is how he plays town. As scum I'm sure he would be slightly more retarded.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 21:36 GMT
#440
Oh shit lynch is in two hours.

Hold on reading filters
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 21:37 GMT
#443
Grack I would expect you to be defending you more, if anything for our friendship. Yes you're right, if I was mafia, I would've made up some sort of excuse, deflected attention. I wouldn't have been so abrupt; I do have values of morality which I could not have just thrown my scummates to the dust.

Mig is town because he's like the only one making really really good points, and he has pur
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 21:38 GMT
#444
woops, ebwop


Grack I would expect you to be defending you more, if anything for our friendship. Yes you're right, if I was mafia, I would've made up some sort of excuse, deflected attention. I wouldn't have been so abrupt; I do have values of morality which I could not have just thrown my scummates to the dust.

Mig is town because he's like the only one making really really good points, and he has purpose behind all of his posts. I expect him to be a shot target so doctors please take note.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 21:48 GMT
#445
On October 31 2013 22:00 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Hey all. First off I'll add my name to the very much against random lynching list for the exact reasons Oats posted.

Also, I'm suspicious of the people pushing for it. Most notably hzflank because he only said he was for it after people brought it up. Like, even though it's only a 30% chance, if I'm scum and someone talks about random lynching my first thought is probably something like "Oh god, what if one of us gets chosen? There'd be nothing we could do." So he makes his post saying he'd be for a RNG lynch to show everyone that he's not afraid of it. Even going as far as saying
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2013 12:53 hzflank wrote:
I would think my chances of actually identifying scum on day one are less than 31%, therefore RNG would yield better results for me. Ofcourse, We would need to decide on who rolls the dice. How should we do that? I suggest we vote on it.
How in the world could his odds actually be worse than random? Even if he had no scumhunting skill whatsoever, it would be @ worst equal to random.



What is this post? He says he's against RNG and then criticizes someone for being for it by arguing that they're not really for it?

On October 31 2013 23:01 JarJarDrinks wrote:
##vote hzflank

Might as well untill I see a better choice. Seemed like there's a decent amount of support for a hzflank lynch


"Might as well" indicates caution, caution indicates scum.


He gets way too caught up in the RNG discussion , it dominates like his first ten posts. That's scummy to me because it's not really relevant to finding scum and his connections to scum are very flimsy.

On November 01 2013 04:15 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 04:08 hzflank wrote:
On November 01 2013 03:03 JarJarDrinks wrote:
If that was your stance then what was the point of suggesting that we vote for someone to pick the random person?


I suggested that we vote for someone so that we do not have to vote for someone. That is not a serious suggestion, that is me saying that I want to vote and not rng.
OK, you're saying that you were being sarcastic in that post as well as the following one. Didn't understand that's what you were saying. If that's the case then it didn't come across that way to me at all but I can definately see it that way now.

Since that was the bulk of my case:

##unvote hzflank


This back-off just seems weird to me, but I would like it if he explained it to me.

On November 01 2013 12:22 JarJarDrinks wrote:
I think I'm not liking laughing jack right now. Go look @ his posts. He pretty much attacks me and that's it. Like he tells me my posts are fluff because I don't reach a conclusion about the RNG thing (even though I did). And then when I ask him outright what his position on it is, he dodges the question.

The rest of his posts are him asking other people their opinions.


Weak suspicion with generic mafia reasons

On November 01 2013 23:30 JarJarDrinks wrote:
So, I think we should lynch a lurker. There's like 7 of em so odds are pretty good that there's scum among em.

Odin and hermeane haven't posted anything so they should probably be exempt.

Mig and fuba have like 2 posts each. And they both went after hzflank which seemed like an easy bandwagon @ the time

tehpoofter, Pandain, Bereft and Asinine can't have posted much either. I'm gonna go through their filters now.


Another generic mafia tactic, lynch lurkers



I actually don't know if he's mafia, but here are my thoughts on him.
Looking into others
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 21:51 GMT
#447
Laughing Jack
On October 31 2013 23:19 Laughing Jack wrote:
I think we should be one Jarjar less at the end of this day.
##Vote: JarjarDrinks


I really like this post, it's retarded and would be scary for mafia to make. He's a smurf so he can't rely on being a troll persona. Being funny while doing something bold = town because you're not really afraid of suspicions while mafia would be.


I don't want to quote other posts, but I really like how care-free blunt he is. I'm giving him a town read even more confident then Grack, though not mig.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
November 01 2013 21:57 GMT
#451
Oh wow lynch mkfuba07.

On November 01 2013 03:09 mkfuba07 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 02:30 Stutters695 wrote:
What do you think of hzflank Fuba?

Actually, I think I'm going to vote for him. He's talked quite a bit, but always ends with a noncommittal statement. He kind of narrates the thread, but doesn't give a conclusion.

As far as his involvement in the rng debate, the apparent inconsistency in his position is the most concerning thing to me, though I'm not even sure there is one. I think rng-ing would be bad play, so advocating for it or opposing it are pretty null. I agree with jjd that he appears to be supporting it in one post, then the next one appears to be agreeing with the first. However, I guess it could be interpreted the way hzflank says he meant it, so overall that just makes me lean slight scum on him.

Altogether, I feel pretty confident with a vote on hzflank.

##Vote: hzflank

So apathetic. Not going to argue for anyone, just this. Only post afterwards is him defending himself.
On November 02 2013 05:46 mkfuba07 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 09:51 hzflank wrote:
This seems to have flown under the radar:

On November 01 2013 03:09 mkfuba07 wrote:
the apparent inconsistency in his position is the most concerning thing to me, though I'm not even sure there is one.


You say that you are not sure whether the most concerning thing actually exists.

On November 01 2013 03:09 mkfuba07 wrote:
I agree with jjd that he appears to be supporting it in one post, then the next one appears to be agreeing with the first. However, I guess it could be interpreted the way hzflank says he meant it, so overall that just makes me lean slight scum on him.

Altogether, I feel pretty confident with a vote on hzflank.


You feel pretty confident with a vote on someone that you only lean slightly scum on.

I would say that you decided on where to park your vote before you decided on the reasons for it.

##vote: mkfuba07

dat omgus

Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 03:09 mkfuba07 wrote:
On November 01 2013 02:30 Stutters695 wrote:
What do you think of hzflank Fuba?

Actually, I think I'm going to vote for him. He's talked quite a bit, but always ends with a noncommittal statement. He kind of narrates the thread, but doesn't give a conclusion.

As far as his involvement in the rng debate, the apparent inconsistency in his position is the most concerning thing to me, though I'm not even sure there is one. I think rng-ing would be bad play, so advocating for it or opposing it are pretty null. I agree with jjd that he appears to be supporting it in one post, then the next one appears to be agreeing with the first. However, I guess it could be interpreted the way hzflank says he meant it, so overall that just makes me lean slight scum on him.

Altogether, I feel pretty confident with a vote on hzflank.

##Vote: hzflank


My main issue with hzflank has always been that while he was posting a lot, he wasn't coming to conclusions. He was throwing accusatory statements around, then ending with the equivalent of "... but I don't know if he's scum or not." It gets suspicions out there but insulates him from the consequences of a mislynch.

My entire second paragraph was there because I'd spent a bit of time thinking about the rng discussion, and came to the conclusion that it made me only lean slightly scum on him. I often get bitched out for my first posts not being related to the ongoing discussion, and didn't want to sidetrack the thread by not commenting on the silly rng discussion that took over up to that point.

So long-story-short, my main reason for finding him scummy was that he was posting in a scummy manner, and my thoughts on him haven't changed a lot since then.

And then this:
On November 01 2013 01:58 mkfuba07 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 01:33 Oatsmaster wrote:
I really dont like that vote from JJD. He seems to want to vote Hzflank because other people also think he is scummy, caring more about the appearance of the vote more than voting for scum, as well as incidental totally useless stuff like
And like, the way I see it, when there's something that people need to take a stance on, very rarely will all the scummies end up on the same side of the issue. So I think there's a real good chance that one of the pro-RNGers is scum.


Would scum, knowingly voting for someone to look good, openly state that they're placing the vote because many others appear willing to do so?



So apathetic, not following up on questions, and too defensive.


##Unvote
##Vote mkfuba07
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings53
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta15
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O113
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9542
Artosis 697
ZZZero.O 113
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
League of Legends
Doublelift5714
JimRising 353
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe13
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3930
Other Games
summit1g9182
FrodaN2209
Liquid`RaSZi1867
Livibee427
C9.Mang0353
Maynarde159
ArmadaUGS45
Mew2King41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1166
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 151
• Sammyuel 34
• musti20045 32
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1567
• Scarra1206
• Shiphtur639
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 30m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.