• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:11
CEST 18:11
KST 01:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11800 users

Hogwarts Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 05:01 GMT
#914
On October 18 2013 13:54 Sn0_Man wrote:
I'll admit we had a pretty useless Palmar D1 as town in Boardwalk Empire. He died N1 ofc. By useless I mean it seemed he wasn't interacting with much of the thread and kinda tunnelled stuff that seemed irrelevant, but he did turn out mostly right.

I'm stuck on Palmar; because he was pretty useless at the start in Nomination Mafia.
Then he flicked on a switch and became a super-town god (IIRC this happened D2).

I think as town or scum; Palmar also has to chase the SAM claim; so the action is non-alignment indicative.

What *could* be alignment-indicative is his unwillingness to do anything else in the thread, except wait for me.
Unfortunately if he wants a live conversation, based on time zones this is difficult.

Frankly, I expect much more from a scum Palmar (i.e. not be be caught on something so.... ?obvious?)
Then again, in Thug Life he did start he was a MCB at the start.

All this mumbo jumbo infers, I have a null read on Palmar currently. Let us see how he reacts to me addressing his question.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 05:03 GMT
#915
On October 18 2013 14:01 Mattchew wrote:
Moc that conclusion is (mean word here)
You are right though, i wanted to differentiate between smart and correct, that is because i was reading mafiascum wiki

Also, i asked a question about if the correct play was to auto lynch a claimed miller... For you, pandain and any other (redacted named calling) saying that i said to actually do it, please stop skewing what i said, it is quite frustrating

Okie Dokie.

So you respond on one item; why abstain on the other(s).
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 05:04 GMT
#917
MattChew,

while you are at it.

Will you lynch Zaragon?

Why/Why Not?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 05:06 GMT
#922
On October 18 2013 11:01 Sn0_Man wrote:
Im kinda a mini player. People kinda... blend together in my mind in these games

Free townreads for LA/Toad/ET/SS for now tho.

Sn0, you are one of those players that a few are publicly finding difficult to read and/or scummy.

Can you please give me a run down on why Toad gets a hard town read.

Can you also please also choose 1 of (LA/ET/SS).

Thanks sir
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 05:12 GMT
#925
On October 18 2013 14:05 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 14:04 Mocsta wrote:
MattChew,

while you are at it.

Will you lynch Zaragon?

Why/Why Not?

Thats bh right? I wouldnt care either way if he died... Plus hes syltherin right?

(1) Why do you think he is in Slytherin?

(2) How can you not care? This does not make sense; is he scummy or not?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 05:14 GMT
#926
On October 18 2013 14:11 Sn0_Man wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 18 2013 14:06 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 11:01 Sn0_Man wrote:
Im kinda a mini player. People kinda... blend together in my mind in these games

Free townreads for LA/Toad/ET/SS for now tho.

Sn0, you are one of those players that a few are publicly finding difficult to read and/or scummy.

Can you please give me a run down on why Toad gets a hard town read.

Can you also please also choose 1 of (LA/ET/SS).

Thanks sir

Not "hard" townreads. More like, No interest in lynching, and i'm lending value to what they say simply because all of them have well thought out posts. I'm considering them town/pro-town until evidence comes up.

Toad especially has been decently open about setup speculation stuff that I doubt a scummer would talk about regarding certain anti-town roles in our house. And he's the only useful player in our house QT (me included, i'm useless there).
Thanks, I'm in ya house too

So. Aside from setup speculation: Do you know who Toad thinks is scummy? Has that been clearly outlined?

What do you think of his 3 anti-town role theory?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 05:31 GMT
#934
On October 18 2013 14:20 Mattchew wrote:
and i have no read on zara/bh but if BH doesnt want to post then he can die

Yes, you are right. I forgot zaragon was in my house.
We had a security breach and the QT was closed down. I thought it was because the hosts accidently gave the wrong QT link to BH haha.

So even though I wrote a spiel on zaragon being scum: you still have no opinion on zaragon; yet don't care if zaragon/BH die?
Very odd to me.
See I don't have a firm opinion on Palmar, but don't want Palmar to be lynched. you know, as town.. I want scum to be lynched; not 50/50 reads.

Either way: You clearly are trying to make this unproductive; which ironically does nothing to improve my read on you.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 05:49 GMT
#936
On October 18 2013 14:27 Holyflare wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Town is suffering from a "which lurker do we kill" scenario.

I agree with your calls though Mocsta, mattchew has been buddy buddying up to people in QT/thread, without giving proper reads, seems to be on the defensive a lot. I haven't checked his meta or whatever to see what he normally does but I'd expect some scum reads at least at this stage in the game. A lot has happened after all.

Zaragon/BH, well it's BH's birthday or whatever so it's expected afking but that shouldn't be an excuse either. Your meta points about Zara also are noteworthy, I will investigate for myself. On the flipside BH posts normally contain content and I have reads on him so I would prefer to say, keep him in over other lurkers. i.e. Onegu, Palmar (depends on reactions), Stutters, Sn0 (potentially), Tunkeg???????

Onegu's apologetic posts were already said to be alignment neutral, he says sorry in all factions. However, his posting has been inexcusable since then. Matt has expressed that Onegu's posts (despite lacking) contain what he thinks to be town orientated meta for Onegu. I find it hard to determine based on the meta I've read and what he's posted though, need some actual content. Lynchworthy if posting doesn't seriously pick up.
Yes, Onegu has been apologetic as either alignment, but the fruits promised are not what was delivered. So we agree there.

Look, I am hesitant to say this, but, I do have a scum read on Syllogism. I just don't want to push him Day1 out of respect for his potential as a town asset. One thing that really struck me, is his response to EchelonTeas case on Onegu + Rayn.

(1) ET: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=431052&currentpage=30#581 @ 20.07

(2) Syllogism with a prompt delurk
On October 17 2013 20:15 syllogism wrote:
I'm not familiar with Koshi's play, but that was my impression as well. Skanjab seemed like a very easy target in the sense that he looked like an easy target. Mafia instinct is to go after those, while townies are a bit more likely to stop and re-evaluate or just reach a different conclusion immediately.

His previous post was 4hrs beforehand, so yes, this is a delurk. Which implies that he specifically posted to convey something of importance - making this reaction far more creditable for a scum mindset.

(1) In this delurk he AVOIDS TALKING ABOUT ONEGU
(2) In this delurk Syllo talks in generics (seemed like.. mafia instinct is to go after those).. Hes not stating this is applicable to Koshi, rather inferring it.
(3) Ironically, the instinct Syllogism discusses is completely valid in relation to how Syllo approached the matter himself.

Regardless of being a slow starter; I can't see a reason for a town syllo to make this +1 post. Its out of character for a "legend" of the game.
-------
So you probably wonder who I would like to lynch first?

My best read is Zaragon (mainly out of meta familiarity.. I will be shocked if he is town)
However, I would probably suggest Onegu be lynched.
If he is town, we got rid of a useless, non-contributing lurker. (Whilst lynching town sucks, its better to get rid of deadweight Day1, then Day 4)
If he is scum; we get a good association tell to lynch Syllogism.

To me, that is win-win.

Anyway, Mocsta. There are a myriad of choices for lynching into lurkers that I'd be comfortable with. What I want to know though is your take on the Cephiro situation. He has posted one post in this entire thread - that yes - had content, however, rayn has been mentioning that he's been posting in the QT a lot more and also gave some compelling reasons for a scum Cephiro.

His post here: Click me!.
For me, the key difference between Noir/Hogwarts is that in Noir Cephiro kept promising stuff in the thread, but never delivered.
Hes not doing that this game, rather, he is being caught lurking because he posted sometimes in the QT. I dont think that is scummy in itself.

Based on his big post: I liked it.. I mean, 3 of his scum reads align with mine. And I can't blame him for assuming Palmar is scum ( i really want to think that, but am trying to ground myself).. So with Cephiro, I am happy to keep him around to Day2, but I expect him to keep producing posts like that.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 06:13 GMT
#938
Active lurker syllo

Why are you resorting to fallacious: argumentum ad populum?

What, because others did not find your effort to ignore onegu suspicious, the act is not suspicious?

That you reciprocate to my observation the way you, warms my heart as well.

.....

So.. whose scum syllo?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 07:00 GMT
#944
Whose scum syllogism.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 07:10 GMT
#946
That answer is satisfactory actually.

I never said I wanted you lynched day1 anyways.

If you would care to indulge me with your expert insight, however.

What do you make of onegu?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 07:21 GMT
#948
Flare already pointed out that echelontea points are null as that behaviour is consistent with onegu as town or scum.

How does this impact your read/observations.

Is there a particular reason you chose to query onegu over qt instead of the thread?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 07:28 GMT
#950
Also syllo.

Can I please have your take on the mattchew smart/correct self-edit.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 07:30 GMT
#951
I don't have a problem with qt interrogation.

It in this case. I think it's pertinent to understand the content of questions asked.

Onegu is a potential lynch candidate for today afterall.

Are you able to paraphrase what was asked?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 07:43 GMT
#955
On October 18 2013 16:31 syllogism wrote:
I don't think I can get anything out of that, other than that he was thinking about the issue rather and perhaps even reading mafiascum wiki when he said that. If he was, that's actually slightly towny.

I'm dumb. Can you walk me through why it's townie.

He's read mafia wiki. What is the significance of the change/connotation and why is it not a null or scum indicator?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 07:44 GMT
#956
On October 18 2013 16:33 syllogism wrote:
I noted that he had boasted about his ability to accurately read Koshi and inquired as to whether he yet had a good read. The content of the question isn't important, the answer is. There is no answer, likely because he isn't here.

Thanks syllo.

Fair question to onegu. Hopefully he responds in the thread so the answer doesn't have to be paraphrased
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 07:56 GMT
#958
Thanks for the q/a session.

My weekend just started and I'm off.

I'm excited to find out who you are voting syllo.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 08:02 GMT
#960
Ohh no. I'm just keen to understand where your line in the sand is drawn.

Anyhow
Deadline is 4am for me...
I still support the 3 candidates I propose earlier.

I will vote for who is leading out of those 3 when I get home.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 15:02 GMT
#1054
Wtf Sno.

In the qt u wanted to policy lynch me based on palmar follow up.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
October 18 2013 15:05 GMT
#1055
On October 18 2013 22:57 Hopeless1der wrote:
Mocsta, why is syllo getting a free pass day1 for being a potential town asset and BH(Zaragon) is not?

Because zaragon was my best scum read.

Bh doesn't affect that.

I will give cephiro some co sideratiin when I get home.

I don't feel confident with him in general after noir regardless.

So fat one gu looks better too so I'm not interested in him currently.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM728
IndyStarCraft 202
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 728
ByuN 307
Reynor 306
TKL 292
IndyStarCraft 202
Railgan 79
BRAT_OK 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55520
Bisu 2919
Calm 2409
FanTaSy 879
Stork 596
Rush 457
hero 297
firebathero 170
actioN 133
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 50
Sea.KH 49
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 25
Rock 24
Aegong 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10396
Dendi934
Counter-Strike
fl0m4898
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing2084
Liquid`RaSZi1536
B2W.Neo684
Beastyqt664
Mlord480
Khaldor472
olofmeister447
KnowMe359
crisheroes112
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach20
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV546
League of Legends
• Nemesis3226
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1540
Other Games
• Shiphtur532
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 50m
OSC
6h 50m
Replay Cast
6h 50m
OSC
19h 50m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.