• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:12
CEST 09:12
KST 16:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8164 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XLIX - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 21 2013 18:44 GMT
#734
Also I realize there is nothing wrong with making a case against someone even if most people think they are town, but his reasoning is/was weak and is just him repeating the same thing over and over.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 21 2013 19:42 GMT
#735
Anyone else around? Now is the time to be chatting with such an important vote coming up. Especially those who haven't voted yet, hearing your input may be real important.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 21 2013 22:28 GMT
#745
On October 22 2013 06:48 Balla24 wrote:
Well neither did you last night, to be fair... people in this game have been absolutely piss poor at building cases this game.

But yes, July, the fact that he's not building a case makes me more suspicious of him as SK.

Do you not consider it building a case because I'm not pulling specific quotes? I've been building my case against July in these last couple pages. I could quote random posts where he's talking out of his ass and not contributing anything, but I considering that's what almost all of his posts are I figured just saying to read his filter would be enough to back up my claim.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 21 2013 22:34 GMT
#746
On October 22 2013 06:28 July617 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2013 03:44 onlywonderboy wrote:
Also I realize there is nothing wrong with making a case against someone even if most people think they are town, but his reasoning is/was weak and is just him repeating the same thing over and over.



Yes there is Did you not see nyx's death ? And Istandwithmitt's almost death ? Building cases against town's is to the detriment of the town itself, you're giving suspicion where there is none, and that's how you end up lynching townies when they have no business being lynched at all .


All I meant was if you have a good case as to why someone is scum even if most people think they are town your should present it. You did not do this in this case.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 21 2013 22:49 GMT
#750
There's nothing incriminating with ggtemplar, but he could very well be the SK and not mafia. There's nothing concrete but there's certainly a lot of random posts that don't help the town. SK has the luxury of being able to just sort of hang out and let the mafia/town destroy themselves. You've picked apart a lot of my posts trying to make me out as the SK, but that was me just trying to contribute and apparently failing. Meanwhile July has just been watching on the sideline trying to swing the vote towards a townie.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 21 2013 23:04 GMT
#754
I sympathized with nyx's frustration, but I didn't have a sound argument for him not being mafia, it was just a gut feeling. One that happened to be right.

I think I've accepted that I'm not going to change your mind Balla, but if any other town players around please read my points on July and consider voting for him instead of Saga or Balla. I'm not the only person who was suspicious of him, Odin was pressuring him hard and Suess had him on his potential scum/SK list. It's not like I'm a crazy person here and the only one who thinks he's suspicious.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 21 2013 23:33 GMT
#757
I think nyx's bad play was him not knowing what to do, July's seems more like he's trying to look like a town player and just failing. I felt much more like nyx in my first game and was why I sympathized with him. I mean, it could have easily been a mafia ploy, but his frustration ended up being genuine.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 21 2013 23:41 GMT
#760
His was genuine because I now know he flipped town . It was dumb of me to defend him simply based on his impassioned cries, I could have easily have been being tricked. I refuse to take that same risk again. Your play has lead me to believe you are not town and I'm not going to back down again based on someone simply saying "hey, I'm not scum/sk."
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 21 2013 23:59 GMT
#762
On October 22 2013 08:56 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2013 08:33 onlywonderboy wrote:
I think nyx's bad play was him not knowing what to do, July's seems more like he's trying to look like a town player and just failing. I felt much more like nyx in my first game and was why I sympathized with him. I mean, it could have easily been a mafia ploy, but his frustration ended up being genuine.


Really? Because to me it doesn't look at all like how you were playing. You at least tried to defend yourself. You came up with your own reads.

I was ok with it when you first brought up how you sympathized with it but I don't know... it just doesn't sit right with me now. I wish others would chime in though on this case, because I feel like i'm tunnel visioning.

It's how I felt though. I attempted to make reads but the entire time I felt like I was just digging my own grave and I felt futile trying to defend myself. I didn't shut down like nyx did, but I was almost at that point.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 22 2013 00:35 GMT
#764
I'm leaning towards him being SK. He didn't really have any interactions with GGTemplar so it's hard to judge there. Honestly his lack of interaction with most players is why I think he's SK over mafia.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 22 2013 01:38 GMT
#777
I just don't think he gave himself much to work with in terms of defending himself. He's been quiet all game long and doesn't have any pro town actions to fall back on because he was content to lurk instead.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 22 2013 01:54 GMT
#790
I mean it's not out of the realm of possibility they are going for a sacrificial vote in order to gain town reliability in the coming day. I mean, it's incredibly risky with the SK still on the lose, but it's a possibility.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 22 2013 01:56 GMT
#793
For the record, I'm not making mafia reads there. I've been so focused on July I'd have to go back and reread the thread for who I think is mafia.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 22 2013 01:58 GMT
#796
I don't think so, I'm pretty sure the mafia can still vote with a single guy.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 23 2013 02:19 GMT
#830
On October 23 2013 11:03 Balla24 wrote:
i knew u were vigi owb damnit T_T why didnt u shoot last night?

I did, July has one shot bulletproof T_T
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 23 2013 02:22 GMT
#833
On October 23 2013 11:04 WaveofShadow wrote:
OWB y u no listen to your coaaaach

But defs GGs all arounds.

I mean if Mitt hadn't afk'd town had a chance to win. I was pretty sure mitt was town and balla's SK post on me made me suspicious of him being possible scum. I mean, in the end the deciding vote would have been on mitt.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 23 2013 02:29 GMT
#836
So I 100% knew July was SK because he survived my kill and I wasn't RB'd, so I had the chance to role claim and take care of July no problem, but I was so certain I could get people to vote for July I sat on it. Balla's masterful defense of July making people doubt too much. Balla stop being good mafia.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 23 2013 02:30 GMT
#837
Although that said town would have probably been pretty fucked considering how almost everyone thought Balla was town.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 23 2013 02:38 GMT
#841
On October 23 2013 11:32 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2013 11:30 onlywonderboy wrote:
Although that said town would have probably been pretty fucked considering how almost everyone thought Balla was town.


Nahh duude Bereft and Seuss were all over me even after I feel like i defended myself well :/

I guess that's true. And some of your credibility might have gone away when I flipped vig.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
October 23 2013 03:20 GMT
#845
On October 23 2013 12:14 Umasi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2013 11:35 iamperfection wrote:
On October 23 2013 11:02 LoneMeow wrote:
ENDGAME!

Bereft, the Vanilla Townie has been shot!
SagaZ, the Mafia Goon has been shot!
July617, the Serial Killer has been shot!

Balla24, the Mafia Goon and onlywonderboy, the Town Vigilante are locked in an eternal duel, ending the game in a DRAW!

We decided it would be silly to award the win based on a vote race and to rather end the game in a draw.

Umasi will post the QT links and other relevant things later when he's around.

pretty sure its not an eternal duel they just shoot each other in the face dont they?

Means everyone died.

definitely an eternal duel.

Regardless, thanks everyone for playing, this game ends as a draw between the mafia team and the town team, July617 has been defeated.
OBS QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/UAsDTdDVXAe
Scum QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/JmjQjaQYhDbs
Seuss X WaveofShadow Coaching: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/GDUTeMStcTY

If you want your coaching qt to be seen, post it yourself. I know seuss is cool with it.
OWB didn't shoot night one, shot july N2, and N3. No notification was sent to july regarding his veteran status being down.


Personal comments on the game: I think that the mafia team was playing pretty well all the way till GGtemplar went and died, but he was on a lot of peoples 'probably town' lists. Balla24 and SagaZ picked up the slack pretty well, and did a good job of appearing like they were trying to be active and figure things out among an inactive town. I think the game would have been even more scum favored if seuss had been shot N1, or if OWB had vigged one of the lynchbaity townies, because they'd just get in the way. At least, I personally would have shot to get rid of ???marks, even at the risk of killing town. Then again, I'm not very experienced myself, and hosting doesn't give me a bell of clarity :<<

Lonemeow posted setup properly. Lonemeow did a lot of things properly! Everyone should fucking love Lonemeow for being so on point with the vote counts, made my job of hunting qts and answering questions really simple!

Thanks everyone for playing and go sign up for number 50!

Onlywonderboy X WAVEOFSHADOW Coaching

Skipping the night one kill was something Wave and I talked about. I almost killed nyx or July, but that's when I was trying to put pressure on Odin. GOD IF ONLY I HAVE LUNCHED JULY lol.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4858
Leta 1779
Shuttle 1703
BeSt 397
Soma 145
Soulkey 88
sorry 48
ZergMaN 46
Shine 34
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm227
League of Legends
JimRising 609
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King54
Other Games
summit1g8211
WinterStarcraft679
Sick197
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2322
League of Legends
• Rush1157
• Lourlo1116
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 49m
Patches Events
7h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 49m
OSC
15h 49m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.