• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:35
CEST 01:35
KST 08:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9673 users

TL Mafia LXII: TL Noir - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 28 29 30 Next All
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-20 10:29:21
September 20 2013 10:28 GMT
#422
On September 20 2013 19:27 Mocsta wrote:
Would be nice to know if this is starting AM or PM . I assume with a party, its a morning start. But that means between now and the next say 4-5 hrs?


If it starts at deadline, it's like 18 hours away or something.

edit: which reminds me, i'll be around nowhere near this deadline.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 17:44 GMT
#801
On September 22 2013 00:30 justanothertownie wrote:
Wave:
His posts about the Geript/DP argument (about them overdoing it) do make sense to me but they are not alignment indicative. Scum could easily point that out too. Null.

What I don't really understand is this:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 13:22 WaveofShadow wrote:
Honestly DP I have a question for you.
Are you town?
If so, do you want to be killed N1?
Do you enjoy being killed N1? (I seem to remember that you don't.)

All of the above questions lead to these ones:
Why go hardcore (as town) right from the get-go if you know it places a target directly onto your back?
If you don't care either way, do you think you would be able to be more useful to the town in the first day than you could be as the game progresses?

What is the intention behind this? I must admit that I don't know DPs meta but it is not very townie to call someone out for trying hard as a townie.


Funny, because this is the Wave post I jotted down as likelier to come from town. Seems a really weird angle to fake or take as mafia.

Are you confused by the questions and their goal? Mafia are usually more straightforward. I'm not sure where it's coming from, but funky shit like this is somewhat more likely to come from town.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 17:50 GMT
#805
DP is fine. No, I don't want to elaborate.

If I had to lynch a person right now, it would be LoneMeow. Open his filter if you'd like to know why.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 17:52 GMT
#807
Basically, I'm not going to comment on any shitfests I see unless I significantly think one of the people in one is likely to be mafia.

Or unless I'm having one myself.

:/
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 17:54 GMT
#808
I found one odd post from DP, but I'm not sure how much it means

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=423071&currentpage=30#599

It's unlike DP to defer like this. Then again, I don't see any particular reason he'd do so as mafia rather than town. Just something I noticed.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 17:57 GMT
#810
It was his followup I disliked more actually

On September 21 2013 22:29 LoneMeow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2013 22:04 Mocsta wrote:
On September 21 2013 21:55 LoneMeow wrote:
Not sure what to make of this geript vs the world thing.

Mocsta jumping on Pandain (before the ninja vote) seemed weird and I am suspicious.

I do want Pandain to explain his vote though. Until he does,

##Vote: Pandain

I'm here; what don't you like about my explanation here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=423071&currentpage=35#684


It feels like you were just looking for someone to jump on. That doesn't feel very town way to play D1. Not enough to say I'd have a scum read on you, but I'll be watching your actions.

[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 17:59 GMT
#813
I'm not going to think about geript until I'm forced to think about geript. Which is hopefully not this cycle.

It's all just this blerghy mess.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 18:02 GMT
#815
No particular thoughts.

If I have something to say that's significant enough to lean one way or another, I'll probably come out with it without needing to be prodded to.

rayn be rayn
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 18:03 GMT
#818
rayn is preeeetty good at posting a lot as mafia though.

Pretty wary of assigning reads to him one way or another yet.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 18:04 GMT
#819
On September 22 2013 03:03 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 02:59 marvellosity wrote:
I'm not going to think about geript until I'm forced to think about geript. Which is hopefully not this cycle.

It's all just this blerghy mess.


It's actually not. And it's actually important. If he is a Vig he is likely going to shoot me stupidly. If he isn't he is scum. It hasn't ALL been a shit fest and there are some key points that VE made.

Obviously I know you well enough to know that you will do what you want regardless. But i kinda expected you to have some input on this.


If he's town and vigilante, then the deadline for him shooting you is over 48 hours away, with a lynch in the middle.

I just don't care right now. I will care later if it still seems to be an issue.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 18:10 GMT
#826
Wave doesn't struggle to post. I reject that idea.

There's little point in us arguing over the interpretation of that post though, because I'll go "it's A" and you'll go "it's B" ad infinitum.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 18:13 GMT
#829
Perhaps. The chances of me jumping on a player like Wave at this stage of Day 1 are approaching zero though, so whatevs ^^
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 18:18 GMT
#835
On September 22 2013 03:14 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 03:13 marvellosity wrote:
Perhaps. The chances of me jumping on a player like Wave at this stage of Day 1 are approaching zero though, so whatevs ^^

So, what about anyone else I mentioned in my post?

VE/Sentinel/Mocsta


VE has felt fine to me so far. I'll hopefully flesh out my read on him as the day goes on. Nothing's tickled me badly so far.

Mocsta you seem to have this meta-read on him that I actually wasn't aware of (condescension as mafia). Something I can be prone to do actually as you may know ;p The most interesting part about Mocsta for me is that he's posted a lot but I don't really think anything about it particularly positively or negatively. From his general posting outside of this game, his apparent lack of time to play forum mafia, I could see whatever tone you're picking up coming from that sort of general frustration, given how the game started perhaps?

Agree that that Sentinel post is useless, but for now it's just a post.

I picked out LM specifically because I didn't like any of his posts, never mind just the first one
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 18:19 GMT
#836
If anyone's interested, here are my current coag notes

??? lol. townie on activity (page 40) lol. sad.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 18:26 GMT
#839
Do you have any specific games that brought you to this meta conclusion, yam?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 19:25 GMT
#873
On September 22 2013 04:17 Coagulation wrote:
Anyone buying marvs tryhard "taking notes" bullshit? I consider myself a bit of a marv aficionado and hes giving me bad vibes here for sure.


You almost always read me wrong, twinkletoes.

To wave, I'm not sure where you're going with this JAT thing? You seem to be reading more into him questioning that DP post of yours than I'm understanding. Explain to me like I'm a lil babe?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 21:44 GMT
#893
Pandain, you mention me like 5x in that post, at least two of which were to credit me with saying things I haven't said. It's really weird :p

I disagree with your suspicions on both OO and Cheesecake btw. The posts you read as 'uncertain' from OO I read as natural, further his first main post I read made me feel good about him, getting immediately stuck in. CC I'm actually leaning slightly town on, not because he agreed with my main suspicion at the time (Lone) but because he seemed to approach the shitfest in a really weird way. I'll find it hard to explain why it's weird but hopefully it isn't important, suffice to say when I feel that way about CC I feel he's more likely to be town (meta).

Sentinel's post on coag feels kinda cheap and doesn't make me feel better about him.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 21:46 GMT
#894
oh btw, Stutters, no I don't wanna lynch kush. I actually liked what you brought up, but it doesn't make me want to lynch him. I can't judge kush this early. As for being passive, ya, you can take it or leave it, I'm not gonna push myself on the thread until I'm certain about something.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 21:49 GMT
#896
It is tempting to spite-vote VA, because I hate fucking about like that. Then I'd also feel at least somewhat compelled to vote for the rather large number of people who haven't bothered playing at all yet :/
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 21 2013 21:50 GMT
#897
Firm, may I ask how you're planning to approach this Day 1 in general?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft232
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft232
Nina 99
ViBE65
SpeCial 57
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 177
Noble 70
Hyuk 57
NaDa 38
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
League of Legends
Doublelift4572
Counter-Strike
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox346
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4881
Khaldor640
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1789
Coldzera 804
shahzam506
JimRising 430
C9.Mang0329
KnowMe201
ArmadaUGS84
Mew2King47
PPMD34
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21236
Other Games
• imaqtpie622
• Shiphtur170
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 25m
Online Event
11h 25m
FEL
16h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.