• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:36
CEST 21:36
KST 04:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9266 users

Basterd Mini Mafia - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 04 2013 15:09 GMT
#1810
On July 04 2013 23:57 marvellosity wrote:
Is it just me desperately trying to work out what information WoS could possibly have been given that he can't disclose?

I mean, I gave it some thought and then realized that there was nothing that he could have been given aside from things that outright tell him who scum is which obviously doesn't make sense. But I didn't give it too much thought beyond that because WoS is pretty clearly scum.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 04 2013 15:12 GMT
#1817
On July 04 2013 23:56 gumshoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2013 23:16 JarJarDrinks wrote:
@Gumshoe, answer me this:

Why do you think WoS said that he felt absolutely fucked?


Assume your survivor, you can hope town will mislynch today but if your not an idiot you need to account for all possible scenarios and you need to account for them right now(at the time of the claim). What if they successfully lynch(they still hold the majority no matter what)? What if scum tonight sees you as a threat because you were forced to vote with town and role blocks/shoots in order to make theyre kps unblockable, just to be sure. Or what if town lynches you tommorow because they cant find scum and they dont trust you. Yes WOS could skate by and win today, but hes just flipping a coin then. Point is he has to make his call at the start of day 2, he cant just withhold his role and pray, he needs to fake claim or true claim BEFORE he knows how things are going to happen. He tried to make a play that would account for all possibilities, potentially scaring off or appeasing scum (the claim of a role block on him would imply survivor is still out they're, or it would tell them thats hes trying to screw over town by breeding chaos) and maybe convincing town hes actually blue. Sadly it did not work, but the attempt is clearly they're.

The point is, once WOS admits hes survivor he surrenders control of his own fate, wether or not town lynch him or scum shoot him is out of his hands. WOS played the only move left to him, secure in the knowledge that he could always reclaim survivor and admit that fake names are in the game. He took the risk cause why not, he knows town will be hesitant to shoot survivor, that is if hes the only claim. What he didn't account for was that scum would be forced to steal his role, he should have known the alternative was miller, that was his biggest mistake, but a believable one in comparison to what others, yourself included, in this thread would have town believe. The point is WOS's play is indicative of someone who is a struggling third party forced to play the only card in his hand. Comparatively Fuba implies that his revealing survivor means nothing and is uneventful, he acts pretty much like a leaf in the wind, he also claims that scum would receive fake roles but he wouldn't... which is just stupid. Fuba's play looks like fake survivor in the same way that his play as town looked like fake town. What it all basically comes down to is the realization that third party play must look distinct from scum or town, WOS's does, tell me what about Fuba's posting has changed since he claimed? Nothing, because hes not survivor.
Lots of words that pretty much equate to the same thing Oats said. Here's my response:
On July 04 2013 23:41 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2013 23:23 Oatsmaster wrote:
On July 04 2013 23:16 JarJarDrinks wrote:
@Gumshoe, answer me this:

Why do you think WoS said that he felt absolutely fucked?

Because if he claims, he CANNOT WIN.
Nope, that's not why he said he was fucked. See here:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2013 09:56 WaveofShadow wrote:
Then the subject of name claiming comes up and I realize I am absolutely fucked. Luckily iGrok steps in later on in the day and I receive some role information that is not my own.
See it wasn't the fact the he had to claim. It was the fact that he had no role to claim. As evidenced by the fact that he claims that igrok helped rectify his problem.

So try again

JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 04 2013 15:22 GMT
#1827
On July 05 2013 00:15 Oatsmaster wrote:
JJD, lets say if you claim you die. Town says mass claim d2. Do you feel fucked?
Holy shit read my posts. Yes I feel fucked. BUT THAT'S NOT WHY WOS SAID HE FELT FUCKED
On July 04 2013 23:41 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2013 23:23 Oatsmaster wrote:
On July 04 2013 23:16 JarJarDrinks wrote:
@Gumshoe, answer me this:

Why do you think WoS said that he felt absolutely fucked?

Because if he claims, he CANNOT WIN.
Nope, that's not why he said he was fucked. See here:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2013 09:56 WaveofShadow wrote:
Then the subject of name claiming comes up and I realize I am absolutely fucked. Luckily iGrok steps in later on in the day and I receive some role information that is not my own.
See it wasn't the fact the he had to claim. It was the fact that he had no role to claim. As evidenced by the fact that he claims that igrok helped rectify his problem.

So try again
Look @ what I just quoted and tell me. Do you think WoS had a role to fakeclaim when the subject of mass claiming came up?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 04 2013 15:26 GMT
#1831
On July 05 2013 00:23 Oatsmaster wrote:
What?
No I dont.
Which is why he felt fucked.

:>????
This has been my point from the getgo. He totally 180ed on that and started talking about not remembering and missing timestamps.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 04 2013 15:26 GMT
#1832
Same question for you gumshoe:

Do you think WoS had a role to fakeclaim when the subject of mass claiming came up?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 04 2013 15:31 GMT
#1837
On July 05 2013 00:25 marvellosity wrote:
JJD, you don't agree with me that it would be a dick move to lie about what the hosts told you you could and couldn't say?
Yes. That doesn't mean I don't think it's the only thing that makes sense.

The biggest dick move would be if you were both scum and you were trying to save him by saying that he wouldn't do this because it's a dick move.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 04 2013 18:21 GMT
#1917
On July 05 2013 03:14 WaveofShadow wrote:
I'd also like to note, for future reference, are the people voting against me assuming that fuba is actually the survivor? Have they mentioned this out loud in the thread? This information will become pertinent I believe after the flip.
I've mentioned the possibility of dual-scumclaims. I'm not really leaning one way or the other. But what I'm sure of is that you can't possbly be survivor.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 04 2013 20:55 GMT
#1940
Yeah I think using level of dickishness as a barometer is pretty dumb IMO.

@Marv, If fuba flips and he's not red I don't want to hear bitching about dickishness or calling WoS out about anything. Your vote is all you. You have all the information that Lazer and I posted which pretty much shows how Waves story is complete bullshit. You're choosing to lynch elsewhere despite of it.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 04 2013 22:23 GMT
#1970
Good lord people. If you believe WoS that he didn't get his fake role untill after the mass claim was brought up then I'm still confirmed town.

Though I'm pretty sure he's still scum.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 04 2013 22:37 GMT
#1978
On July 05 2013 07:23 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2013 07:23 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Good lord people. If you believe WoS that he didn't get his fake role untill after the mass claim was brought up then I'm still confirmed town.

Though I'm pretty sure he's still scum.


Can't tell if srs.
Which part are you doubting? You don't believe that if I claimed my role at a time that is supposedly before mafia was given their fakeclaims it confirms my townie status?

or did you mean about WoS still being scum?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 04 2013 22:43 GMT
#1981
On July 05 2013 07:38 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2013 07:37 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On July 05 2013 07:23 marvellosity wrote:
On July 05 2013 07:23 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Good lord people. If you believe WoS that he didn't get his fake role untill after the mass claim was brought up then I'm still confirmed town.

Though I'm pretty sure he's still scum.


Can't tell if srs.
Which part are you doubting? You don't believe that if I claimed my role at a time that is supposedly before mafia was given their fakeclaims it confirms my townie status?

or did you mean about WoS still being scum?


I assume mafia were given their fakeclaims during the 'pause', or failing that at the start of the game, both before you claimed? Did WoS claim a specific other time?
That was the central cog in my case against him.

On July 04 2013 09:56 WaveofShadow wrote:
Then the subject of name claiming comes up and I realize I am absolutely fucked. Luckily iGrok steps in later on in the day and I receive some role information that is not my own.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 04 2013 23:49 GMT
#1998
On July 05 2013 08:45 gumshoe wrote:
Also WOS is probably lying to cover his own ass, the dude doesn't want to help us. Above all take away the fake claims, just judge Jar Jar on his own merit. Do not rely on a flip flopping scum teasing survivor.
Sounds like a good plan. So when you took your vote off of me originally, I assume it's because you believed my claim. So why don't you believe it now? Did something change your mind?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 05 2013 00:20 GMT
#2006
On July 05 2013 08:51 gumshoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2013 08:49 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On July 05 2013 08:45 gumshoe wrote:
Also WOS is probably lying to cover his own ass, the dude doesn't want to help us. Above all take away the fake claims, just judge Jar Jar on his own merit. Do not rely on a flip flopping scum teasing survivor.
Sounds like a good plan. So when you took your vote off of me originally, I assume it's because you believed my claim. So why don't you believe it now? Did something change your mind?


................I took my vote off you because you claimed before we knew they're were fake claims in the game........................
how do you know there are fake claims in the game now?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 05 2013 03:35 GMT
#2014
On July 05 2013 09:20 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2013 08:51 gumshoe wrote:
On July 05 2013 08:49 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On July 05 2013 08:45 gumshoe wrote:
Also WOS is probably lying to cover his own ass, the dude doesn't want to help us. Above all take away the fake claims, just judge Jar Jar on his own merit. Do not rely on a flip flopping scum teasing survivor.
Sounds like a good plan. So when you took your vote off of me originally, I assume it's because you believed my claim. So why don't you believe it now? Did something change your mind?


................I took my vote off you because you claimed before we knew they're were fake claims in the game........................
how do you know there are fake claims in the game now?

On July 05 2013 09:22 marvellosity wrote:
Seems pretty damn likely it's how I described it earlier, given what fuba claimed.

On July 05 2013 09:24 marvellosity wrote:
oh, unless you're going for the argument that WoS is scum and lying about that stuff, right?


my point is this:
I pointed out how based on what WoS is saying about fakeclaims exonerates me. You seemed to think I made fair point and question Gumshoe about it. He responds:
On July 05 2013 08:45 gumshoe wrote:
Also WOS is probably lying to cover his own ass, the dude doesn't want to help us. Above all take away the fake claims, just judge Jar Jar on his own merit. Do not rely on a flip flopping scum teasing survivor.
I mean, I was already confirmed town which gumshoe seemed to agree with. It was only after WoS posted about fakeclaims that he decided that my claim could be fake.

He can't have it both ways. Either he is gonna pay attention to what WoS said or he isn't. Not just when it benefits his PoV.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 05 2013 03:39 GMT
#2015
On July 05 2013 11:11 Oatsmaster wrote:
JJD, im nullish to scum.
Wrong. You have a town read on me. See here:
On July 05 2013 00:22 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Do you think WoS had a role to fakeclaim when the subject of mass claiming came up?
On July 05 2013 00:23 Oatsmaster wrote:
What?
No I dont.
Which is why he felt fucked.

:>????

Unless for some reason you think that I had a fakeclaim while WoS didn't.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 05 2013 03:45 GMT
#2018
On July 05 2013 12:40 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2013 12:39 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On July 05 2013 11:11 Oatsmaster wrote:
JJD, im nullish to scum.
Wrong. You have a town read on me. See here:
On July 05 2013 00:22 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Do you think WoS had a role to fakeclaim when the subject of mass claiming came up?
On July 05 2013 00:23 Oatsmaster wrote:
What?
No I dont.
Which is why he felt fucked.

:>????

Unless for some reason you think that I had a fakeclaim while WoS didn't.

Im currently going with the theory that scum had fakeclaims at the start, survivor maybe, and the pause was not due to anything regarding claims.

And so you think WoS was lying about feeling fucked? If so then why didn't you vote for him. Or did you only start to believe he was lying after the lynch?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 05 2013 03:52 GMT
#2021
On July 05 2013 12:48 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2013 12:45 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On July 05 2013 12:40 Oatsmaster wrote:
On July 05 2013 12:39 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On July 05 2013 11:11 Oatsmaster wrote:
JJD, im nullish to scum.
Wrong. You have a town read on me. See here:
On July 05 2013 00:22 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Do you think WoS had a role to fakeclaim when the subject of mass claiming came up?
On July 05 2013 00:23 Oatsmaster wrote:
What?
No I dont.
Which is why he felt fucked.

:>????

Unless for some reason you think that I had a fakeclaim while WoS didn't.

Im currently going with the theory that scum had fakeclaims at the start, survivor maybe, and the pause was not due to anything regarding claims.

And so you think WoS was lying about feeling fucked? If so then why didn't you vote for him. Or did you only start to believe he was lying after the lynch?

I think that he felt fucked cause claiming a nontown role is bad, and fakeclaiming is also bad.

Like really? How many times do I have to post the same thing?

He said he felt fucked because he didn't have a fake role to claim.

Therefore you believe he was lying. But you didn't always believe he was lying because you said as much. I'm just wondering, when did you change your mind?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 05 2013 04:55 GMT
#2028
On July 05 2013 13:30 WaveofShadow wrote:
Also I am sitting here with my jaw on the floor that you actually seem to think scum don't have fakeclaims.
I think the opposite. I think scum getting a list of all the roles not in the game would be broke beyond belief.

I think that the threat of a mass claim is balanced by 2 KPs. I mean day 2 mylo and a list of all the roles seem a bit much no?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 05 2013 13:45 GMT
#2074
Not sure how active I can be the next day or so. But a few things.

The dick move analysis is just something I don't feel should be taken into account in a game like this. I didn't really feel comfortable talking about it. Especially since marv was basicly trying to get me to come right out and say that I thought WoS was being a dick.

And like, sure I said yes when marv asked me. But I don't think it says too much about WoS's personally. I just think it's kind of a cheesy thing to do. But I wouldn't all of a sudden be like "OMG I hate you, how could you do something like this?".

And regarding fakeclaims. Why did everyone believe my claim in the first place? What exactly changed everyones mind?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
July 05 2013 13:59 GMT
#2077
I think WoS is scum and I think it's a cheesy tactic and I wouldn't hate him forever.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 657
JuggernautJason54
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16992
Rush 123
Dewaltoss 112
Sexy 29
Bale 11
Dota 2
qojqva2106
monkeys_forever220
Counter-Strike
fl0m1433
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1928
crisheroes1163
Liquid`Hasu853
Other Games
summit1g4358
Grubby3604
FrodaN713
Beastyqt650
shahzam405
byalli244
ArmadaUGS175
C9.Mang0163
KnowMe161
UpATreeSC112
Mew2King72
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream113
StarCraft 2
angryscii 24
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 27
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie893
• WagamamaTV270
• Shiphtur250
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 24m
Stellar Fest
17h 24m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.