• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:41
CEST 16:41
KST 23:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7270 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XLIII - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
June 30 2013 02:09 GMT
#1696
##Vote: Onegu
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
June 30 2013 22:22 GMT
#1733
I don't think shortening the day is a great idea but I'll consent to the majority.
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 01 2013 02:59 GMT
#1735
I think it is safe to say that LoneMeow is probably a scum, but then again I had a terrible experience from the last game so yeah.. Also it would be hypocritical to call him a lurker because I been lurking all game.
As for Spicy, I can't really tell if he is or he is not a scum, because he is playing a very much thought out and careful game. There is nothing solid of evidence that I can point to as a proof. I will this though, in the last game he played an excellent townie but I'm not getting that same feel in this game. Can elaborate further if you request.
As for Aquanim, only looking at votes, cases and interactions, he is a scum. He voted for Xzavier and Alakslam. He has a bizzare relationship with LoneMeow. However he fucking talks a lot and he has strong opinions.

So that's that..
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 01 2013 03:03 GMT
#1736
Edit:
4th line second sentence - *I will say this though,...
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 02 2013 19:27 GMT
#1818
On July 03 2013 03:53 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2013 03:36 hzflank wrote:
Onegu's very first post

On June 24 2013 12:52 Onegu wrote:
You have to remember scum have a tracker


You are dead. Stay dead >: (
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 02 2013 20:17 GMT
#1822
hzflank, you said you wanted to be in my head. Well, here's my thoughts:
The reason I voted for Onegu day 2 comes down to this.

At the time, everyone were too caught up in either-or. Either Alakaslam was lying or Onegu was lying.
After reading Alakaslam's post, I didn't think he was lying at all, but then I questioned why would Onegu have claimed? It is way too risky to fake-claim in case he get busted. So I began thinking, "what if they are both telling the truth?" Maybe I missed it but if I remember correctly, Onegu never claimed Watcher. He only claimed that he knew Hurricane visited Alakslam. He could have Watched Alakaslam OR he could have tracked Hurricane. If we assume that Onegu is a Tracker rather than a Watcher, it all makes sense. From Onegu's point of view, what he claimed IS truth, he just let others assume how he knows the truth. + Show Spoiler +
Well played, Onegu.
I hope you are following my train of thought. From this point on, the fact that it is unlikely there are 2 trackers and that Onegu didn't correct other people that he is a Tracker rather than a Watcher led me to vote Onegu Day 2.

I really don't want to do this but here are some of my posts from Day 2.
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 29 2013 10:13 StiMaDDict wrote:
hzflank, could you help me a bit here?
Did Onegu actually claimed Watcher? It could've been that he tracked Hurricane to Alak.

+ Show Spoiler +
On June 29 2013 10:25 StiMaDDict wrote:
What's bothering me at this point is that this "Alakaslam enthusiastically tandem-claimed Tracker (with no public intent of countering Onegu's claim)" doesn't look like it was intentional. So what I'm was thinking is that Onegu is scum tracker and he tracked Hurricane. He knows Hurricane visited Alakaslam. So he pretends to the town watcher by telling what he knows. Lastly, Hurricane will defend Onegu.

Does that make sense?

+ Show Spoiler +
On June 29 2013 10:26 StiMaDDict wrote:
If what I suggest is true, then what Alak claimed makes sense.

+ Show Spoiler +
On June 29 2013 10:29 StiMaDDict wrote:
I wasn't here at that time so you will have to fill me on it. Obviously, Onegu couldn't have anticipated Alak claiming. I will have to check but was Onegu under vote pressure at that time?

+ Show Spoiler +
On June 29 2013 10:37 StiMaDDict wrote:
Then I don't see why Onegu would claim..
I know you had a scum read on me and if I remember correctly FirmTofu was on Onegu..

+ Show Spoiler +
On June 29 2013 10:43 StiMaDDict wrote:
I'm going to vote Onegu at this point.
If Alakaslam flips red, then I'm probably next on lynch but my gut tells me Onegu playing this.
##Vote: Onegu

Oh btw, Hurrican voted Alakslam, so that means that he DID visit Alakslam + Show Spoiler +
or he is NN.


SOOooooo, that's that. What I have here is pure gut and instinct. Why did Aquanim emphasize Onegu is a Watcher..
On June 29 2013 09:22 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2013 09:18 StiMaDDict wrote:
On June 29 2013 09:13 Aquanim wrote:
Oh, and even if Hurricane doesn't know where he visited, that does not contradict Onegu's claim in any way. In fact, I don't think it affects its likelihood at all. One way or another, Onegu correctly knows where Hurricane visited. (Scum would not have fakeclaimed seeing Hurricane visit somewhere he didn't on the offchance he might be Nosy Neighbour and not know.)

I agree that unless it is necessary to decide the lynch one way or another there is no need for Hurricane to claim.

Explain this to me? I thought Alak claimed Onegu visited Hurricane and that he himself visited Alak. Since we are lynching Alak, I'm assuming that he is most likely telling a lie, therefore it is correct that Onegu visited Alak. How is it that Onegu knows where Hurricane visited? Still trying to catch up. What am I missing?

Onegu has claimed Watcher. He claims to have watched Alakaslam, and to have seen Hurricane visit Alakaslam.


But then this bothers me..
On June 26 2013 02:19 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 02:01 FirmTofu wrote:
Even now, it is still possible that Xzavier lives because we only have 5 votes. We should try convincing hzflank or Alakaslam to switch their votes.

As I suspect the Mafia team is as follows...
Xzavier
SpicyDinosaur
Onegu

They are trying not to make it obvious that they want to keep Xzavier alive. You can see how they are frantically looking for other scapegoats to shift attention off of Xzavier, but don't have much of a case.

Furthermore, my preliminary assessment of Alakaslam speaks to an SK mindset. I will go into further detail when it becomes applicable on Day 2.


To be honest I dont care who is killed if Xzavier flips town my vote will go on aquanim and if he flips scum I will vote Spicydinosaur. My current read on Xzavier is null with scum reads on alakaslam and aqua. With every post Alakaslam makes he looks more and more like noob scum to me.
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 02 2013 20:19 GMT
#1823
hzflank, do you want to know who I am going to vote now too?
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 02 2013 20:34 GMT
#1825
On July 03 2013 05:32 hzflank wrote:
Still reading, but Onegu did absolutely claim watcher.

He did? Then I guess what Aquanim said shouldn't be suspicious.
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 02 2013 20:43 GMT
#1828
On July 03 2013 05:34 hzflank wrote:
Also, we all knew that Hurricane was NN who accidentally visited Alakaslam. We had deduced this at the time of the vote.

Then why the fuck did he ask me whether he should claim or not... *making me look stupid and shit *grumble *grumble
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 02 2013 20:49 GMT
#1831
On July 03 2013 05:44 hzflank wrote:
@Stim

There are 2 scum. Your options are: hzflank, Aquanim, SpicyDinosaur and LoneMeow. Who are your picks?

LoneMeow and SpicyDinosaur.
btw, if Lone flips town, I'm going to super fucking pissed.
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 03 2013 03:14 GMT
#1847
GG to Hurricane and as for the rest of the game, I'll follow hzflank's lead.
I already stated that I'll vote LoneMeow and Spicy.
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 03 2013 13:39 GMT
#1855
Whether your time spent in this game was worth or not, we shall soon see. Also sorry for playing a bad town but you won't have to vote me in the future. GG WP to you, sir.

##Vote: Spicydinosaur
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 05 2013 02:02 GMT
#1867
gg Spicy
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 05 2013 20:33 GMT
#1883
GG to all and special thanks to hzflank for leading this town win to the end ^^
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 05 2013 21:07 GMT
#1903
It's beyond my imagination that I survived to the end.. >.<
I played a pretty terrible town and I thought scums would have jumped on me by Day2.
It was a lot of fun playing with you guys ^^
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 05 2013 21:32 GMT
#1918
uhh, this is bit awkward.

Since now everyone think I'm a hardcore lurker, regardless of my ailment in future games, even if I'm active in forum, I'll be suspicious? Dang..
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 05 2013 21:51 GMT
#1926
If I get to be scum, would it be a good play? Afterall, I didn't get lybched in either of my first two games.
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 06 2013 02:50 GMT
#1933
@Aquanim
What exactly did people see in me that made them think I was town? It's my play but even I'm not so sure XD
Only thing I can think of is when asked questions and voted Onegu at the end of Day2.
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 06 2013 02:51 GMT
#1934
On July 06 2013 08:58 ObviousOne wrote:
To those who reached out to me for coaching: would you like to see me coach town again?

Could you coach Survivor if I become one?
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
StiMaDDict
Profile Joined May 2013
Korea (South)313 Posts
July 06 2013 05:19 GMT
#1943
On July 06 2013 13:31 AxleGreaser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2013 11:50 StiMaDDict wrote:
@Aquanim
What exactly did people see in me that made them think I was town? It's my play but even I'm not so sure XD
Only thing I can think of is when asked questions and voted Onegu at the end of Day2.


In my experience. + Show Spoiler +
(which is short in this game)(so dont listen to me, but do think about what I say.)


It is very very hard for a person(you) to see why other people(us) see person(you) as town or scum. When most people I have played with say, " but I was townie town I did X" , then its usually true that doing or not doing X actually had very little weight in my decision/guess about what PM I thought they received. People seem to think its concrete things, like, asked questions voted this or that.
(which are easily observable and changeable behaviours, hence for me often poor WIFOMY scum tells. Though they do have weight too.)

IIRC voting for onegu when you did looked townie, but one possible (less likely) scum story for it ... if the scum QT had wifomed themselves into thinking he(onegu) was dead meat and they wanted to seriously pencil in the three man lylo play if it came down to Stim then they might be willing to risk something to buy Stim some townyness now. Note: I don't actually care if that is or is not a good idea for a scum, it is always possible scum are not making good plays....
Also scum often split their votes on a scumVtown lynch.

As for what made you look town, if I could just tell you then you(and everyone) could just do that as scum, _unless_ it was something that is hard to do as scum.

My current best guess is that if you try to write this post
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=19007111
when you actually have a scum PM, it will look different. It will look different in ways you will find very hard to avoid. That the game is hard like that is why it is fun and challenging.

That the post would have disagreed with my personal interpretation of the events is not as important, as me believing that is you trying to work that out.
+ Show Spoiler +
Why was you green? it was green because IMO there are players on the forum that can make that post or its equivalent as scum. For them merely making that post is not a significant town tell.





Thank you for your kind explanation and advice ^^
I'll make sure to read, understand, and keep what you wrote in mind while playing Mafia. It's a big help when a veteran player share his/her wisdom.

A side note: From what I hear, is ObviousOne like a god of TL mafia? XD
동해 물과 백두산이 마르고 닳도록 하느님이 보우하사 우리나라 만세. 무궁화 삼천리 화려강산 대한 사람, 대한으로 길이 보전하세.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 90
Codebar 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65423
Bisu 3343
FanTaSy 1222
Stork 757
Rush 577
hero 236
Snow 211
firebathero 192
Mind 105
Free 76
[ Show more ]
Sharp 71
Sea.KH 68
Sexy 63
Pusan 50
ToSsGirL 43
Last 41
Trap 32
Bale 28
Mong 24
HiyA 21
Hm[arnc] 20
Rock 18
Aegong 17
Terrorterran 16
yabsab 16
zelot 14
Noble 13
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shine 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9583
Dendi911
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
Other Games
fl0m2421
singsing2320
Liquid`RaSZi1392
B2W.Neo710
Beastyqt684
Mlord437
Happy396
Khaldor371
olofmeister328
KnowMe266
Hui .220
crisheroes120
Chillindude73
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony7
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV541
League of Legends
• Nemesis3989
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1324
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
19m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 19m
OSC
8h 19m
Replay Cast
8h 19m
OSC
21h 19m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.