• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:24
CEST 07:24
KST 14:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9443 users

Boardwalk Empire Mafia: Pick Your Power - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 16 Next All
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 08:18 GMT
#1618
Any of Artanis/VE/Sinani will do as a lynch today, but gonzaw being shot does lend a certain weight to the Artanis lynch that I like.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 08:19 GMT
#1619
On April 08 2013 17:18 Shelvocke wrote:
I think yamato shot gonzaw. I can't prove it, but it's the explanation that makes best sense to me right now going by people's reactions. I'm not entirely sure if he's the kind of person who would do that as town, but just skimming through the last normalish town game of his (Town Aint Big Mafia), I think it's entirely possible. Going to sleep on this, but that's where I'm at right now.

If I shot Gonzaw, you would know.

And no, I wouldn't do that as town. I shoot lurky/trollish people. Vig shots are for unreadables.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 08:23 GMT
#1621
The death of Gonzaw doesn't inherently guarantee anything. It does make you a better lynch, though, if one takes the time to consider how mafia think at a basic level; survival. Killing gonzaw could definitely take the steam out of your lynch, if someone like me doesn't keep it alive.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 08:37 GMT
#1624
The timing is a moot point, because with an AFK host in BC, the shot could have been sent at any point.

I'll give you that it seems like an assassin kill, more than anything else, but you can't know for sure.

You think it gives leverage to pushing your lynch, but that completely depends on general thread sentiment. What do you think was more likely, considering he was the most active person in pushing your lynch and was also fairly rigid in his belief? Do you think the wagon falling apart and town losing direction was more likely, or do you think me coming in and reaffirming the strength of the lynch is more likely? I have openly admitted that I was content not taking the lead, so why would mafia think that at all?

To some extent, this is WIFOM on the kill, yes, but I'm fairly certain that keeping the lynch headed your way is a good thing. Mafia wanted to lead town astray by killing Gonzaw, but I'm not going to let it happen.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 08:50 GMT
#1629
Fine, let's talk about something else.

What's your read on Sinani?
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 09:06 GMT
#1635
So aside from Sinani, who else would you lynch today?

Has anything changed from earlier, with Shelvocke and VE being on your radar?
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 09:11 GMT
#1637
Well, aside from Rayn, it's rather unsettling how much you seem to agree with me.

I may want to take this lynch in a different direction, and Sinani seems like a good one.

BRB, case.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 09:13 GMT
#1638
On April 08 2013 06:46 sinani206 wrote:
gonzaw are you going to claim exactly what your role is?

This post alone is enough for me, actually.

##Vote Sinani
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 09:25 GMT
#1641
I don't trust you, Moc, so it's okay, I don't really care what you think.

Sinani is a better lynch. Less reason to think he's town.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 09:31 GMT
#1645
A lot of the vets this game are good vig targets, IMO

Palmar, VE, BM

Almost none of them are particularly town, or trying to be readable.

Lynch targets, though, are more complicated. Sinani is a good lynch because it should be relatively easy to get people to realize that he's mafia.

If people need convincing, just give a look through his mafia filter from RTP, where he makes all kinds of passing comments, and very little in the way of honest analysis. Strikingly similar.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 09:39 GMT
#1649
On April 08 2013 18:34 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2013 18:25 yamato77 wrote:
I don't trust you, Moc, so it's okay, I don't really care what you think.

Sinani is a better lynch. Less reason to think he's town.

no1 is going to sheep u whilst im here.

that im certain of.

after all, your the guy that started off strong and then decided to hide under the guise of.. doing my own scum hunting.

so far all im reading is u joining ya scum reads scum target.. after he gave a summary of someone elses read.
if this is the new yam 2.0; i am thoroughly not impressed; not that u care of course.




Are you sure you're not mafia? Just a few minutes ago, when I was agreeing with you, you said this:

On April 08 2013 17:56 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2013 17:51 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On April 08 2013 17:48 Mocsta wrote:
What's ya point artanis.

Your conclusion is ur death won't be prevented. So why argue whether yam thinks u sscummier post gonzaw.

Sounds to me like u trying to shit up the thread

Because I think it's a bullshit reason and I'm calling people out for voting on me for bullshit reasons. Are you not interested in people jumping on my bandwagon, or is anyone that votes me automatically town?

No. But yam is town regardless of voting u.

Frankly I'm surprised u aren't reacting to bill Murray.

That was a scummy as fuck vote if I seen one. Yet here u antagonise a player u know will bite back.

Henceforth: shitting up the thread


Lol, that's bad.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 19:23 GMT
#1823
This makes me look like an idiot

Eh, whatever, good job town. Looks like we were arguing between multiple mafia members today.

Sinani is still most likely scum, IMO. Shelvocke needs a looking at, too.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 19:29 GMT
#1832
ATTN: TOWN KP (specifically the guy that took compulsive justice vigi)

SHOOT SINANI/SHELVOCKE TONIGHT

With NRA dead, mafia have almost no recourse if you shoot them, unless they stole a protective role.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 19:47 GMT
#1853
Look at how Shelvocke came in and unvoted Artanis

Does that seem natural to you as a town player?
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 19:48 GMT
#1855
On April 08 2013 16:05 Shelvocke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2013 09:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On April 08 2013 09:36 Mocsta wrote:
On April 08 2013 08:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On April 08 2013 08:23 Shelvocke wrote:

3. Mocsta and Keirathi both look town to me. I don't think they're correct about rayn but they seemed to legitimately believe that he was mafia.

Elaborate please?

Do you think I was chasing you for funsies the other day?

I dont think you scum anymore.. i just think your bad town

But conviction was there, and I think Shevlocke comment was fair (regarding me at least)

No. I want to know why Shelvocke thinks i'm town.


Read my filter: + Show Spoiler +
On April 07 2013 15:33 Shelvocke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2013 15:00 Keirathi wrote:
On April 07 2013 14:59 Shelvocke wrote:
Does anyone have a mafia game for rayn? Mocsta, I'm not whoever you think I am.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=402424&user=27448&currentpage=All


I don't really think rayn is mafia. His play does look different from those town quotes you had, but it doesn't look like that mafia game either. The only part of that game where he just suddenly jumps is the part where he votes for Krefla and even then he has a reason because Krefla just came in right before the deadline. The fact that he seems a lot more impulsive in this game than he has been before is something that points to him being town. I feel he would be a lot more careful and safe as mafia. The plan switch looks kind of strange, but his overall attitude makes him more likely town.

On April 07 2013 15:52 Shelvocke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2013 15:44 Mocsta wrote:
On April 07 2013 15:39 Shelvocke wrote:
What do you mean? He seems to jump around based on what's going on in the thread.

Thank you. so impulsive is then defined as: in response to others; rather than in creating new ideas.

I dont see what is townie about that. Scum can be equally impulsive in regards to thread sentiment.

However, I dont particularly care about the action itself:

do you think his motives for "jumping around" is founded upon processing new information to update the conclusion?


I get what you're saying, but I've never seen a new mafia player be so crazy. I don't really understand the reasons for some of the stuff he does but it seems to me that he sees one post and then just makes up his mind based on that. Usually new mafia are much more safe and concerned about their appearance. It's possible he's some kind of mafia gosu but frankly that's not the impression I get from him.




Something about this situation really strikes me the wrong way. There was still plenty of time left in the day and an Artanis lynch was nowhere certain. Like shooting gonzaw pretty much guarantees an Artanis lynch and I can't think of a good reason for mafia to do that if Artanis is mafia. I'm rereading the thread right now. Not entirely sure who to kill right now, but it's not Artanis.

##Unvote

For reference.

If you go back and look in context, this is also when Artanis comes in and argues with me over much the same material.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 08 2013 19:52 GMT
#1860
On April 09 2013 04:48 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2013 04:47 yamato77 wrote:
Look at how Shelvocke came in and unvoted Artanis

Does that seem natural to you as a town player?

U scum bro?

It certainly could look that way, but no, I'm not.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 09 2013 00:33 GMT
#1958
If MZ is mafia, my e-peen will grow approximate 100 feet.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 09 2013 02:16 GMT
#2011
Sinani is not confirmed town

that analysis is terrible.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 09 2013 02:42 GMT
#2014
I guarantee scum bussed Artanis.

Why is it so hard to believe he bussed as well?
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
April 09 2013 02:50 GMT
#2015
Moc, if you're town, I'm disappointed in you.

That analysis is really bad.

Your'e calling sinani "confirmed town" because you don't think a scum would call another scum mafia and then NOT agree to lynch him?

Come on, dude.
Writer@WriterYamato
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft744
PiGStarcraft218
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 385
Stork 206
ggaemo 142
Leta 121
PianO 61
Hyuk 32
Bale 16
yabsab 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
League of Legends
JimRising 697
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox542
Mew2King59
Westballz46
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor635
Other Games
summit1g8851
Coldzera 830
C9.Mang0297
Sick126
RuFF_SC2120
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream128
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• Letter1410
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2196
League of Legends
• Lourlo1402
• Stunt393
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 36m
Online Event
5h 36m
FEL
10h 36m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.