• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:57
CEST 05:57
KST 12:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7256 users

Normal Mini Mafia I - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-17 05:24:52
February 17 2012 05:23 GMT
#789
On February 17 2012 14:18 Probulous wrote:
I just wanted to remind everyone about the no-lynch.

Yes the infamous no-lynch that outed your medic for nothing. I still giggle when I think about it. How you guys said nothing for almost 24hrs and then spammed 2 minute till deadline. It was great to watch.


mmmm that was delicious. especially this post by prplhz:
On February 10 2012 12:00 prplhz wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH


HAAHHAHAHAHAHAH
AHA
H
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH


The moment that prplhz went the way of the Joker, realizing that there was no hope in the world for Town

If there are TL Mafia awards for 2012, this should be nominated for single worst town moment :D
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
February 17 2012 05:28 GMT
#790
On February 17 2012 14:16 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 13:27 Adam4167 wrote:
ET PM'd me asking if I was watching Normal Mini Mafia I, I said yes and that his posts stank like they did in Wiggles mini mafia (ergo, hes red), and that his accomplice was either BaronFel or Mderg.


Fair play.

People have a habit of claiming they knew everyone was scum after the game was over. You should read the obs Qt because we were killing ourselves in there.


I can confirm this, Adam's the shit.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-18 00:40:02
February 18 2012 00:39 GMT
#800
On February 17 2012 22:25 BaronFel wrote:
Congrats ET, thanks for carrying me this whole game :D


:D you didn't do bad as a scum lurker; not as under the radar as Nisani though xp

If you end up playing as town though, don't post like that at all :X

Thoughts on game going up tonight, I have a lot to say about this.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
February 19 2012 02:56 GMT
#804
Post Game Thoughts

I'm doing this kind of free-form and without pre-thought, so it might be sort of all over the place. First of all, my sincerest apologies to Timeaisis, Sinensis, and TheToast; I insulted/berated you guys to try and achieve my win condition. I hope you didn't take it personally and will still play TL Mafia. I'm still working on my playstyle for both town and mafia, and this game I might've gone a little too far at times.

Personally:

The Good:

-Game plan: I essentially wanted to play a game similar to my first game (make big analytical posts that look convincing, but are utterly wrong), but I knew that I would have to be more active considering my two teammates we're being lurky. This worked out VERY WELL; even though my play was not as solid as it could have been, as I had a few slips of suspicion, by the end game, I had worked up enough cred that there was no way I could have been lynched over one of the lurkers.

-prplhz: My attachment to prplhz worked better than I could have expected. At the very start of the game I knew that prplhz was a threat due to his prior experience with sinani. My initial game plan revolved around getting prplhz mislynched D2, then taking down the people accusing him (TheToast, maybe Sentinel or someone). However, prplhz busted out that shot on sinani and my game went to hell. Luckily, I hadn't made a real stand on prplhz and had been soft defending him by arguing against the logic on him. That, coupled with the fact that prplhz liked my reads, meant that when he became confirmed townie, there was almost no way I was going to be lynched. Confirmed townies can be very powerful for town, but this game showed the danger of Mafia buddying; I was in prplhz blindspot, and even if he had suspected me, he was not going to pursue me over others.

-Sowing chaos while pretending not to: There were a lot of players who were disrupting town environment unintentionally. Prplhz, for voting kind of erratically without analysis (in a game full of new players, voting w/o analysis is taboo), Sinensis vote leader plan, Sentinel's aloof nature, etc. Because I criticized all of this less-than-pro-town actions, it looked as though I was trying to keep the town together, when in reality, by criticizing all of these people I increased discord.

The Bad:

-Looks accountable, actually not at all: My calling out of Timeaisis was not anti-town, in my personal opinion. If I was town, I could still see myself thinking that Timeaisis was a newbie scum. However, as prplhz hinted at, after D1 my appearance became much less assured. I didn't commit as strongly as I did before. If people had scrutinized the thread more, they would notice that I barely interacted with BF, and that my analysis on him only came after it was all but assured he was going to be lynched. I'm not sure how to rectify this; I feel that trying to appear like an over-confident townie for too long is dangerous, but if I shy away from that in later days, I look bad, as the obs QT furiously claimed.

-we bad at making shots: This one, I'm not quite sure on, but I think the Mafia shots could have been better. We were only able to spot the blues after they both claimed, and we shot people with low town presence anyways. My overall plan was to shoot out the blues, because I felt that a lot of the scummy players I could get mislynched. It also was good that we didn't shoot TheToast, as he got medic protected, but still: I had no clue that Sentinel was blue, except for that small hint he left out. And of course, his claim rofl rofl.

Do you guys think that the shots Mafia made were good? Were there any earlier signs that Sentinel was a medic? Also, as a rule of thumb is it better to try and go blue hunting, or to shoot dangerous townies with town-cred?

-dat vet claim: It was fun to do, but it brought unnecessary attention. The Delay mechanic in this game was more powerful than I expected; it helped me hide behind the scummy/lurky townies. However, I should have just delayed, let the town speculate about what happened to the KP, then win the game with ease.

-communication: we needed more of it, simply put. sinani dying so early was detrimental for this, of course.


In General

-Town needs good environment!!: The town in this game loved to argue with each other: prplhz and TheToast especially. Because TheToast comitted very early to a strong scum read on prplhz, prplhz was never going to fully back TheToast. Similarly, the discord sown by Sinensis calling people imbeciles, and Bluelightz list spamming, meant that the town had little chance. Towns don't necessarily have to be super organized, but they at least have to be cohesive.

-always be willing to revise your opinions!: I'm not sure how much prplhz thought I was town, but because he didn't rly reasses me, I went unnoticed. Similarly, TheToast's strong adherance to his initial reads of prplhz, Bluelightz, and Sentinel meant that he had little leeway when the mislynches started piling up. TheToast's strong posting meant that a lot of the town followed him in those beliefs, and the lack of reassessment hurt the town. D1 reads are very very hard to get right, so trying to come up with the FULL scum team and push this for most of N1 is not the best.

on the other hand:

-be willing to go all out if you think/know you're right: TheToast could have gone after me harder. Sentinel could have crafted a better defense without claiming. Nisani could have defended himself way better. Part of the reason that I stayed alive was that I was willing to put up long ass posts defending myself. Vanilla townies need to be willing to put up the work so that the game can go on.

-Tainted? Framer? I did not really get the point of the tainted and the framer in this set up. While having a RBer around, with no blues, is very interesting because the Mafia might RB into greens and assume there are blues, the Framer gives no notification, so there is less hindrence to Mafia. On the other hand, the presence of these factors may make town think that there is a DT, and they might become dependent on this notion. I think this was a bad thing for town, as they speculated a decent amount on blues that were never going to manifest.

I had a fun time, and put a lot of work into this game, so I'm glad it paid off. thx to sinani and BF for setting up the Mafia for the win. BIG thanks to GMarshal and redFF for hosting, and for answering my numerous, nooby questions. TheToast, you nearly had me; with a more cohesive town you'll do just fine.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
February 19 2012 03:03 GMT
#805
On February 17 2012 12:43 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 12:36 EchelonTee wrote:
Since GMarshal previously did a 3 goon vs. 1 vig 2 vet set up

No...

Closest thing to that was 3 goons vs 2 vets :-P


Your Suprisingly Normal III that prplhz mentioned has this; that post is what led me to consider the presence of vets, after the vig was revealed.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
February 19 2012 03:38 GMT
#807
>.< I suppose if I was townie in this game I would have been raging and facepalming ceaselessly. You make a good point though... a lot of the townies in this game didn't do enough.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
February 19 2012 05:09 GMT
#810
Oh I didn't think your initial vote on sinani was bad. Hmm tbh none of your votes were really that bad, but people were like "omg he voted sinensis without reasoning, he's scum"; the way you were playing, no one wanted to listen to you, even after your claim, which I found kind of funny.

I did notice Sentinel's "final defense", but for some reason I didn't think to shoot him immediately. I guess I thought that TheToast was going to push him for me.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 222
FoxeR 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4236
Leta 2042
Bale 52
Shine 24
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
League of Legends
JimRising 580
Other Games
summit1g8200
WinterStarcraft497
ViBE144
Mew2King21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick683
BasetradeTV164
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta27
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo827
Other Games
• Scarra1049
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 3m
Patches Events
11h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 3m
OSC
19h 3m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.