• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:25
CEST 08:25
KST 15:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9601 users

Pick Your Power Interesting!

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 07 2011 00:47 GMT
#124
/IN

Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-08 00:37:26
October 08 2011 00:36 GMT
#129
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 08:51 GMarshal wrote:
I'm a potato.

On October 08 2011 09:29 Mr. Wiggles wrote:

haha, what?

Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 08 2011 01:09 GMT
#132
On October 08 2011 09:40 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 09:36 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On October 08 2011 08:51 GMarshal wrote:
I'm a potato.

On October 08 2011 09:29 Mr. Wiggles wrote:

haha, what?


I'm trying to be like flamewheel by artificially inflating my postcount :-P

Don't mind if I join you then.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-08 01:30:00
October 08 2011 01:27 GMT
#134
How's life Curu?

Edit: you aren't like flamewheel until you can do this http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=253716
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 08 2011 05:49 GMT
#140
@Curu, just finishing up college apps so it's pretty good.

@GMarshal, I just wanna say fuck you and the pony you rode in on. I was staring at my dog today and I found myself randomly thinking "hmm he kinda looks like fluttershy."
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 08 2011 06:40 GMT
#143
Y'know GM I can't hate on you too much, the amount of effort you put into that thread deserves respect regardless of the content. And I'm not gonna lie, fluttershy is adorable (after watching the primer episode I realized I had already matched every one of the main characters with girls I know irl ).
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 10 2011 00:56 GMT
#157
GGQ you make me sad

@Curu, Georgetown, George Washington, American, Boston University, Johns Hopkins, Tufts, Whiteman, and University of Oregon.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 10 2011 00:56 GMT
#158
Also pregame spam.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 11 2011 18:14 GMT
#192
Just realized I've never played a PYP game during the picking phase, isnt it now time to come up with some convoluted picking plan?
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 12 2011 15:09 GMT
#267
Woot let's do this.

Radfield, what do you think about having the top five picks publicly claim their roles? It does open them to the BC role but at the same time we have absolute acountability and we have clear medic options. It would be pretty simple to organize the medics (i.e. if you're pick 5-8 you protect pick one, 9-11 you protect pick two). I'm worried atm that we'll get strong roles only to have them immidiately killed off. Think about it, if all three mafia teams shoot into the top, we could have just lost our inventor, jack, and town alligned assassin. Getting the top picks is great but we need some way to protect them otherwise it's pretty useless.

If they claim it gives us two things. One, a clear oppertunity to organize medics. Two, if the mafia gets in the top spot it forces them to take the role assigned to them by the picking plan or risk being Ace'd. Having people claim is a good way to prevent the mafia from letting a role slide to a scumbuddy. This way, even if the mafia gets inventor or something similary powerful, we'll be able to kill them off without a problem.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 12 2011 21:36 GMT
#338
On October 13 2011 06:08 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
Or we could choose to elect the inventor, thus making him immune to attack?

I like this idea, a lot tbh.

This brings up the subject of elections. Do we try and elect from people within the top spots to try and give them a little extra protection? Personally I see this as a great way to reduce the strain on our medics and give roles such as the inventor a longer lifespan. If the inventor turns out to be mafia then we'd known pretty quickly because he wouldn't be inventing stuff that helps the town. In that case he's outed himself and we lynch a scum. The only real damage a mafia mayor can do is with his lynch and even then, if he lynches someone who's been helping the town then we can just lynch him the next day.

I see no real downside to making the inventor mayor. The upsides of having a near invincible townie far outweigh the downsides of having to burn a lynch on the mayor. Think about it, the mayor's lynch is going to be closely scrutinized and every invention is going to be scrutinized as well. If the mayor/inventor is scum then they HAVE to do what the town wants in order to stay alive. And even if they're scum and they do whatever we want but get caught by a DT, it's not like the mayor is unlynchable :D
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 12 2011 21:37 GMT
#339
/thinking out loud.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 12 2011 21:52 GMT
#343
On October 13 2011 06:41 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2011 06:36 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On October 13 2011 06:08 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
Or we could choose to elect the inventor, thus making him immune to attack?

I like this idea, a lot tbh.

This brings up the subject of elections. Do we try and elect from people within the top spots to try and give them a little extra protection? Personally I see this as a great way to reduce the strain on our medics and give roles such as the inventor a longer lifespan. If the inventor turns out to be mafia then we'd known pretty quickly because he wouldn't be inventing stuff that helps the town. In that case he's outed himself and we lynch a scum. The only real damage a mafia mayor can do is with his lynch and even then, if he lynches someone who's been helping the town then we can just lynch him the next day.

I see no real downside to making the inventor mayor. The upsides of having a near invincible townie far outweigh the downsides of having to burn a lynch on the mayor. Think about it, the mayor's lynch is going to be closely scrutinized and every invention is going to be scrutinized as well. If the mayor/inventor is scum then they HAVE to do what the town wants in order to stay alive. And even if they're scum and they do whatever we want but get caught by a DT, it's not like the mayor is unlynchable :D


If we were doing this then if mafia gets spot 1 they'd just get hero instead of inventor and passes it off to someone else. Now you've got a dude who's unkillable and unlynchable for two days and a mafia team with an inventor tucked away somewhere. Bad idea.

I keep assuming that people take the role they're assigned -_-

Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 12 2011 22:00 GMT
#344
Is there a way to punish scum for passing a role down the line?

Should we have picks 6 and 7 safety pick inventor and thief or some combination of the top five roles? That does create two potentially vanilla players but it puts a double safety on scum passing a role down. Even if a scum gets inventor, we can at least be more sure where to look if the people who safety picked turned up vanilla.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 13 2011 03:10 GMT
#380
[6][12]
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 13 2011 04:16 GMT
#397
people should get on irc.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 13 2011 04:28 GMT
#400
On October 13 2011 13:23 DropBear wrote:
[17][3] y'all. kind of midtable

Which IRC channel is everyone using? TLMafia?

#pypi
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 14 2011 06:21 GMT
#514
Hey syllo, why is Mig so likely to be a townie?

What has he done that's warranted him this status?
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 14 2011 08:26 GMT
#523
Greetings fair Liquidia!


I am running for mayor of our glorious town. You should vote for me because I have a proven track record for scum hunting (please see DrH’s experimental game as an example). I have been mayor once before and the town won (please see Annul’s Harry Potter mafia). I have also died the past several games I’ve played night one. What does me dying have to do with the mayor? Because I’m the motherfucking inventor and I’d like all the help I can get so I can actually benefit the town. Now unlike the other candidates I come to you with concrete examples of what I’d do as mayor. For my first lynch I will obviously lynch dropbear (who just claimed scum so this shouldn’t even be a discussion). However dropbear is too easy so for academic purposes I’ll tell you who my second lynch target would be, the unlucky winner there is hiro protagonist for useless posting and contributing without contributing.

If you have any questions at all about what I’d do as mayor please feel free to ask.

I’ll also tell you an invention idea I had, it’s called the scum motion detector and it gives me the identities of every red who moves at night. Brilliant if I may say so myself. However this can only be assured by your vote.

Think of your future, think of your town, say no to scum, VOTE FOR MEAPAK!

[image loading]
Meapak will save the day, biceps, sixpack, blue dick sword, grillz and all

[image loading]
This is pretty much what will happen when Meapak is elected
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 14 2011 17:25 GMT
#559
People should NOT be voting for Mig/Syllo/Sandroba. It's the first day in a game with multiple factions, no one should be trusting anyone at this point. I don't think all of those three are scum, however I'd bet at least one of them is and since I'm not sure who, there's no way I'll vote for any of them. Mig and I had a conversation on IRC where he told me he really didn't want to be mayor but syllo was pushing him hard. When I asked him why syllo was pushing so hard he said because syllo was sure he was town because of skype conversations. Sandroba is probably the one I'm least suspicious of right now so if I had to pick one of these three for scum it'd be syllo.

Also Arcotcod,

On October 14 2011 20:55 Arctocod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 20:46 Scamp wrote:
Trusting someone's judgement just because they are town is idiotic.


On the contrary, at this point I have very little to go by except the election posts themselves. The only people I have been in contact with outside of this thread are Syllogism, Kitaman27 and DropBear. I have a reason to believe Syllogism is town.

I also believe Syllogism has an excellent nose for Mig's alignment in PM games, so by extension Mig must be town. While I would myself rather talk directly to Mig, until I have been in contact with him, I find Syllogism's judgement to be good enough proof, seeing as he is one of the best players in this game.

However, what is your purpose, trying to cloud my judgement, why do you step in to cast doubt upon something that I have good reasons to do?


This bolded part is the scummiest thing I've read all game. Just because you think syllo is town does in no way mean mig is also town. Especially considering you've never talked to mig.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft778
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 525
ggaemo 333
Stork 306
Leta 199
PianO 64
Hyuk 31
yabsab 19
Bale 18
ZergMaN 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
League of Legends
Reynor73
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King217
Westballz55
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor664
Other Games
summit1g9354
C9.Mang0308
PiGStarcraft176
Sick154
ArmadaUGS73
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick679
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 11
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Lourlo1356
• Stunt495
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 35m
Online Event
4h 35m
FEL
9h 35m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 35m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 35m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.